• Published 27th Jun 2015
  • 10,417 Views, 1,942 Comments

A Lost Sunset - KingJoltik



Sunset Shimmer has betrayed Celestia and entered the mirror to another world. However, the first day in this new world would change everything when an accident causes Sunset Shimmer to lose her memories.

  • ...
34
 1,942
 10,417

PreviousChapters Next
Remember that thing Pinkie said in the last chapter? It happened.

Monday...

“AAAAAhhhhhh!!! My hair! It hurts!” yelped Sunset in pain. “Why is it grabbing my hair?!”

“No! Bad dog!” yelled Fluttershy as she grabbed and pulled a dog away from Sunset. “Stop chewing on Sunset's hair!”

“Ow! Ow! Ow! Make it stop Fluttershy!”

“I'm trying!”

A few minutes later...

“I'm so sorry that happened Sunset.” Fluttershy said while small tears going down her eyes. “I'm so so sorry!”

“It's fine Fluttershy. I'm okay.” Sunset said as she stroked her hair with her hands. “It just hurts...”

“You okay?” Tree Hugger said as she slowly walked into the room. She pointed her finger at the dogs. “That was totally not cool doggies.”

“It's cool Miss Hugger. I'm okay now.” Sunset said while rubbing her hair. “Just hurts is all.”

Tree Hugger scratched the back of her head, showing a face of slight frustration. “Tell you what dudettes...why don't you call it day?”

Sunset and Fluttershy looked at each other for a second and then Fluttershy asked, “Are you sure Miss Tree Hugger? I mean, we've only worked about half of the time that I usually work.”

“Don't worry about.” Tree Hugger said while waving her hand up and down. “Sides, I can tell you ain't, like, in the best condition today. There ain't much to do here today anyways.”

“Okay. Thanks.” Sunset stopped rubbing her hair and she grabbed Fluttershy's shoulder. With a wink, she said, “C'mon Fluttershy, why don't you show me Sugarcube Corner. Hopefully, we won't have trouble going over there this time.”

“Okay.” Fluttershy nodded.

The two said goodbye to Tree Hugger and quickly found themselves at Sugarcube Corner. There, Sunset was immediately enamored by the place. “Wow...this place is pretty cool.”

“I know. It's mainly a coffee and sweet shop. Me and the others love coming here and hanging out.” Fluttershy shined a smile as she directed Sunset to the counter. “So, what do you want?”

“Oh...I just remembered. I don't have any money on me Fluttershy. I'm sorry.”

“It's okay Sunset.” Fluttershy grabbed her wallet out of her purse. “If you don't mind, just get something cheap please.”

“Thanks.”

A order of two small coffees later...

“I can see why you all like to hang out here.”

“Yes...and you can hang out here with us anytime Sunset.” Fluttershy took a small sip. “After all-”

“You're my friends, right? That was what you were gonna say?” Fluttershy nodded as Sunset continued. “Thanks Fluttershy. I know I've said that before but...thank you.”

“Of course Sunset.” Fluttershy said as she edged herself closer to Sunset.

Seeing her slowly approach, Sunset grabbed Fluttershy and gave her a big hug. “Thank you Fluttershy. Thank you so much.”

“No problem Sunset.” Fluttershy replied back.

Tuesday...

“OW!”

“Hold still darling.”

“You said that the last five times you poked me with your pins! Stop poking me with pins!”

“It's just one more pin dear. Just give me a second.”

“Ugh...you said that the last two times...”

“Stop complaining dear. This is for fashion. Don't you want this dress done?”

Sunset let out another sigh. Just a few hours ago, she had decided at lunch to hang out with Rarity for the second day of the week. She was just now regretting it. Unlike the last time where Coco helped distract her from the pins, it was just Sunset and Rarity. This fact was one that Sunset had started to hate. Unlike Fluttershy, Sunset found it a bit harder to talk to Rarity due to her love of only talking about fashion and gossip. It was this last past hour that made Sunset realized she had no real interest in fashion and she didn't know any gossip.

The last pin went through, followed by another yelp of pain. “Alright darling, we're done.”

“Finally.” moaned Sunset. She rubbed her back in pain. “Geez louise Rarity, did you really have to poke me like ten times?!”

“It's fine darling. The dress is going to look absolutely fabulous!” Rarity began taking the dress off of Sunset. “Thank you so much for modeling dear. Your build worked perfectly. The mannequins I have are good for most dresses but...let's just say a live model works wonders compared to those.”

“Yeah...” Sunset let out a sigh. “Can I have some of that tea again?”

“Of course darling. Just give me a moment and I can make a fresh batch.”

“Cool.” Sunset got the rest of the modeling dress off and dressed herself back up. She sat down in a chair, leaning while looking up at the ceiling. “Glad that's over.”

A few minutes later, Rarity entered the room with two cups of tea. “Here you go dear. Some nice warm tea.”

“Thanks.” Sunset took a sip. “Ahhh...that's good stuff right there.”

“I know.” Rarity gave a small wink. “Now darling, how has your day been?”

“Well...except the part where I became a pincushion, not so bad.” Rarity rolled her eyes as Sunset continued. “Today was a bit boring at school though. I'm already acing all of the subjects, even the history stuff. It's so...so...”

“Easy?”

“Yeah. I don't even know why, I just look at the stuff and just know it.” Sunset gave a slightly puzzled look and asked, “You think I was some kind of ace student before I lost my memory?”

“Hmm...I'm not sure. Tell me, is there any subject that does interest you? I mean, according to what you just said, it sounds like every subject is boring.”

“Well...I know I like science.” Sunset said with a hint of disinterest. “I would like a challenge from it though. The stuff we study at Canterlot High is way too easy.”

“I see. Maybe you should ask Principal Celestia if there is any kind of science competition you could compete in. That could easily increase the difficulty level for you.”

“True.” Sunset scratched her head in slight frustration. Her mind began to race, 'Hmm...I wonder why I like science. Especially since I come from a world that obviously has magic in it. Then again, maybe there isn't that much magic over there. The only magic I know is from a book after all.'

“Thinking about something dear?”

“Huh? Oh, uh...not really. Or at least nothing important.”

“Are you afraid about your future?”

“Well...I don't know. I mean, I don't know my past...so the future seems even more intimidating.”

“I'll agree with you there.” Rarity took another sip and showed a relaxing smile. “If that's the case, why don't you slow down for now Sunset. I'm betting it would benefit you greatly.”

“Slow down huh? Yeah...that sounds good.”

“Good. Now, you could model for me a bit more? I think I need a second shot at your frame again...”

“Does that mean more pins?”

“Yes.”

“No.”

“Good. Now-wait, what?”

“No more poking.” Sunset gave a disgruntled look.

“But Sunset, I need to-”

“No!”

Wednesday...

“W-w-w-w-w-why i-i-i-is y-y-y-y-your h-h-h-h-house on t-t-this b-b-b-bumpy r-r-r-road?!” Sunset tried to yell as her body flew up and down in Applejack's truck.

“Ah, it ain't that bumpy!” Applejack said as her hat continued to touch the car's ceiling.

As the truck continued to go through the gravel, Sunset put her hand over her mouth. 'Ugh...I think I'm gonna be sick...'

“We're almost there!”

“Good.” Sunset said with her tongue sticking out. “I don't know how much more b-b-b-b-bumping I c-c-c-can take...”

“It's fine Sunset. It's just a bumpy road.” Applejack said as the truck came to a stop. She shifted gears to park and patted Sunset on the back. “See? That wasn't so bad, now was it?”

“Ugh...urgh...” Sunset slumped down in the chair, her tongue fully stuck out. “Are we there yet?”

“We're here sugarcube. Did ya not hear me before?”

“No...maybe...” Sunset groaned as her legs shook like jello. She slowly slithered out of the truck and tried to keep her balance as her body trembled all over. 'Note to self: Don't go over to Applejack's unless the road is better...'

“You okay there sugar? You look like you ate a bad apple or two.”

“Just give me a minute.” Sunset rubbed her belly as she struggled to stand up straight. Applejack slowly walked over and patted her on the back. “Ow!”

“Aw come on pardner! Lighten up a little!”

“Lighten up?”

“Yeah. You do know why we're here, don't ya?”

“No. Unless its a place for me to throw up, then yes.”

“Its not a place for you to throw up.” Applejack said with a annoyed look. “Yer here to have fun.”

“Fun?”

“Yeah. I've watched you since you've starting sitting with us at the lunch table Sunset. You always have a frown on yer face no matter what happens.”

“Why does this sound like something Pinkie would be talking about?”

“It is. But that doesn't mean you can't have fun without Pinkie. Ah Pinkie Promise ah can make you have some serious fun for today.”

“Pinkie Promise?” Sunset showed a puzzled look.

“You don't know what a-nevermind. Guess you haven't been around her enough.” Applejack waved her hand. “Don't worry about it.”

Meanwhile...

“Did you get the baby food for the twins Pinkie?” asked Mrs. Cake as she put her baby in a high chair.

“You betcha!” Pinkie said with a cheerful nod. “Now all I need to do is-” Pinkie suddenly began to shake up and down uncontrollably. Her jaw dropped in disbelief over the feeling. “Whoa...what was that?!”

“Was it a doozy?”

“No...it felt like a thousand cries went out over a Pinkie Promise. And then they suddenly vanished.”

“What does that mean?”

“Someone doesn’t know what a Pinkie Promise is...and I can't go and explain it to them right now!” Pinkie fell to her knees, her fists shaking in the air. “NOOOOOOOO!!!!”

Back to Sunset and Applejack...

“Now, you ready for some good old fashioned Apple hospitality?”

“I'm not sure what I should say to that.” Sunset said in a dumbfounded tone. “Same with how I should feel.”

“Just say yes and go with it.” Applejack said as she put her arm over Sunset's shoulder. “Don't worry, if anything, we'll help you relax!”

“But isn't this a farm? What about-”

“We got done with the main harvest last week. That and if there's anything left over, my brother probably already got it.”

“Oh...you have a brother?”

“Big Macintosh.” Applejack's grin slightly vanished. “He's a workaholic but a good brother.”

“Ah...” Sunset couldn't think of anything to say. 'A brother, huh? I wonder if I have any siblings...probably not. If I did, Princess Celestia would have told me about them. Or my parents. Maybe I should ask about this later...'

Sunset didn't realize it, but they were already inside Applejack's house. There, she saw what looked like the most traditional old style look to a house she could imagine. Stone fireplace, basic couch, and everything was wooden. Applejack patted her on the back again, “Relax sugarcube. That's all ya need to do.”

“Relax?”

“Yep. That's how we're gonna have fun today Sunset. Me and you are gonna relax and just have a good time.”

Sunset glanced around the house and back at Applejack. “I don't get it.”

“Listen.” Applejack patted her again. “Go sit down on the couch over there and let me grab some apple ciders.” Applejack took a deep breath. “Big Mac! We got some spare apple cider, don't we?! Big Mac?!”

A few seconds later, an unexpected response happened. “Be quiet Applejack! How many times do I have to tell a youngin like you to not yell!”

An old lady walked into the room, she was a bit heavy set and had a small scowl on her face. “Good grief...youngins these days...”

'Is that the lunchlady?!' Sunset thought as she watched the elder walk in.

“I'm sorry Granny.” Applejack said with a droning voice. “Where's my brother?”

“Big Mac left with little Applebloom. They had to uh...er...um...what are we talking about again?”

“Have you took your medicine today Granny?”

“Oh shoot Applejack! I don't need no pills.”

Applejack let out a groan and rubbed her eyes in despair. “Stay there Sunset, just...just give me a minute.”

Some time later, Applejack returned with the apple ciders. Apparently, the other members of her family had gone out grocery shopping. Now, Sunset and Applejack were just sitting on the Apple family's couch, looking at the glowing fireplace.

“Hey Applejack?”

“Yeah?”

“Why are we doing this?”

“We're just drinking apple ciders and relaxing on this old couch. Is that bad?”

“Well...I don't know. I mean, I like drinking this apple cider and all, but...” Sunset scratched her head in slight frustration. 'I think I like coffee a little bit more though...'

“We're doing this to help yah Sunset.”

“To help me?”

“Yep. Ah been watching you these past few days Sunset. Yah need to learn to relax.”

“I need to-why? Why do I need to relax?”

“Well...” Applejack stared at the ceiling, trying to think of the right response. “Tell ya what...let me ask you something. When's the last time you tried to relax?”

“Tried to relax...” Sunset closed her eyes, going through her memories. 'Hmm...last time I relaxed? If I think about it, the last time I relaxed was probably when I was in recovery at the hospital...wow, its been that long?!'

“Looks like you haven't relaxed in a while.” Applejack lifted her cider. “That's why you need to relax. Be yourself. Let all your problems...well, just put them aside for now.”

“Yeah...” Sunset leaned back, her back fully sinking into the couch. “That sounds nice. I need to do that.”

“Good.” A small sip went into Applejack's mouth. “That's all yah need right now.”

“Huh...thanks.”

“No problem sugarcube. Just remember, sometimes all ya need is a breather. Let tomorrow wait.”

The two clinked their drinks and took another sip. “I think I'll do that Applejack. Thank you.”

“Anytime pardner. Just be yourself. That's all you need to do.”

Thursday...

Sunset found herself walking toward the school fields with Rainbow Dash. Though she got along with Fluttershy the best, Sunset found it really easy to get along with Rainbow Dash. These past few days had taught Sunset that its okay to be a bit boastful and mischievous. It was thanks to Rainbow that she learned this as she hung out with all the girls at school.

“You ready Sunset?” Rainbow said as she cricked her neck.

Sunset shook her head. “No.”

“No?”

“Yeah. No. I don't know what we're doing Rainbow.”

“We're playing soccer Sunset. I told you before, I play sports. It's what I do. That and I need some goal kick practice.”

“Yeah...but I don't how to play soccer.”

Rainbow's jaw dropped in shock. “What?! You don't know how to play soccer?! Are you kidding me?!”

“No.” Sunset said in a monotone voice. 'In fact, I've never heard of the sport till recently. But I can't tell Rainbow that...guess that Equestria world probably doesn't have the sport. Maybe there's something similar there though...'

Rainbow's mouth breathed out several sighs. She pointed to the goal. “Listen Sunset, that thing behind you is the goal. I'm gonna kick this ball and you're gonna try to stop it. Understand?”

“Um...okay. I guess so.” Sunset looked at the small soccer ball as Rainbow kicked it back and forth. “But why aren't you using your hands? Why are you just kicking that ball around?”

Rainbow facepalmed as she heard those words. “You have got to be kidding me. Are you serious?!”

“Yes.”

“Uuuuugggghhhhh...” Rainbow moaned. “Okay. Looks like I'm gonna have to explain a little more...”

One explanation with several facepalms later...

“Got it?”

“Yeah. I'm the 'goalie' and I can use my hands and feet to stop the ball. Right?”

“Right. Now, are you ready?”

“Yeah, I think so.” Sunset said with another nod. She put herself in a defensive stance as Rainbow began to kick the ball around again. 'Hmm...if I understand this correctly, this shouldn't be too hard. All I have to do is watch Rainbow's feet.'

Then, the game began. Sunset's eyes focused on Rainbow's feet, quickly shuffling between feet and the ball. Rainbow slightly kicked the ball to the left and quickly struck the ball with her right foot, blasting the ball into the air, spinning like a top. However, Sunset's hand quickly hit the ball, making it fall straight to the ground. Sunset's cricked her hand and thought, 'Huh, that was easy.'

“Wha...how'd you do that?!” Rainbow said with her jaw on the ground.

“What's the matter Rainbow? Shocked I could predict your kick?” Sunset said with a mischievous grin.

“But you-but I-how did-” Rainbow began scratching her head in disbelief. “Didn't you just learn the rules five minutes ago?!”

“Yes. But that doesn't mean I can't predict your moves.”

“Why you little-” Rainbow cricked her neck again and her eyes began burn with furious fire. “Okay. No more holding back.”

Rainbow's legs shuffled around, her feet juggling the ball. Finally, she spun around, putting all of her power into the next kick. The ball spun into the air, making sure to curve into the goal. But Sunset's hands were too quick. This time, the ball came to stop as it was in Sunset's firm grip. “Nice try Rainbow.”

Rainbow’s teeth gritted as she clinched her knuckles. “How?! You lied to me, didn't you?! You've played this before, haven't you?!”

Sunset shook her head again. “Nope. I told you Rainbow, all I'm doing is predicting your moves.” Sunset threw the ball back as Rainbow just stood there in disbelief.

“Grr...that's it!” Rainbow slammed her foot on top of the ball. “I'm gonna unleash the rainbow on you Sunset!”

Sunset merely shined a grin. “Bring it on!”

Ten kicks later...

“No...*huff*...way...” Rainbow said as she leaned over, completely exhausted from using all of her energy into the last few kicks. “There's just...*huff*...no way.”

Sunset patted her hands and picked up the soccer ball. “Sorry Rainbow, looks like I win.”

“How?! How did you block every shot?! You've played this before, haven't you?!”

“No.” Sunset shook her head with a stern expression. “All I've done here is read your movements.”

“Read my...what?!”

“I told you before, I predicted on where you were going to kick Rainbow. All I had to do is watch your feet.” Sunset threw the ball back to Rainbow and then pointed at her head. “It's simple. All I have to do is rely on this.”

“Your brain huh?! You're one of those eggheads, aren't ya?”

“Eggheads?”

“Yeah. It means all you do is egghead things.”

“I still don't know what you mean.”

“You know, like read and stuff. No athletic stuff or anything.”

“Yet I beat you at soccer.”

“Hey!” snapped Rainbow. “If this was a real game and not practice, I would be kicking your butt!”

'I kinda doubt that. You're really predictable when it comes to this.' thought Sunset, though she really wanted to say it. “Listen Rainbow, I can be this 'egghead' and still do athletic stuff too.”

“Then you wouldn't be an egghead.”

“I...” Sunset stopped. 'Is this worth arguing over? I'm guessing no.'

Before Sunset could retort, Rainbow let out a sigh. “I uh...listen Sunset...”

“Huh?” blurted Sunset as she saw Rainbow's expression change suddenly. She was slightly red and her eyes were trying to not look at Sunset. Sunset then asked, “Is something wrong Rainbow? I was just playing along with you, I didn't-”

“I know.” Rainbow flashed her hand in front of Sunset. “I get it. I just, I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for underestimating you.”

“Underestimating me?”

“Yeah...I thought you would be really bad at this. Like our team's goalie is.”

'There's her pride again.' Sunset thought as she continued to listen. “Rainbow-”

“Let me finish.” Rainbow interrupted. “I'm sorry. Can I ask you something Sunset?”

“Um, sure.”

“How?!”

“How?”

“How did you do that?! How did you know my moves?!”

“Well...” Sunset scratched the side of her head. “Do you really want to know?”

“Yeah! There's no way some amateur can just straight predict everything I did! Even if they're an egghead!”

Sunset sighed. “Okay. Rainbow...if you really want to know, you always fake your first kick.”

“Huh?”

“You always make it look like you're going to kick immediately. Then, you switch and kick the opposite side from where you were faking.”

“I...I do that?” Rainbow's face began to show signs of shock.

“Yes.” Sunset nodded. “When you kicked the first time, I was only able to knock the ball away. However, surely you noticed that I caught it all of the other times, didn't you?”

“I did. Man, I had no idea...” Rainbow showed a slight blush of anger. “Can't believe I'm that predictable...”

Sunset went up and patted Rainbow's shoulder. “Don't worry about it. Now that you know, you can make your kicks better.”

“Yeah...you really are an egghead, aren't ya?” Rainbow shined a cocky smile.

“I still don't get what that means.”

“I know.” Rainbow went and patted Sunset on the back. “Thanks Sunset. Why don't we get something to eat?

“Sure.” Sunset said as she threw her arm around Rainbow's shoulder. “Let's go!”

Friday...

“So...this is your house?” Sunset said as she looked over Pinkie Pie's house. It was incredibly tacky, showing all sorts of ornaments on the house. All of them looked like sweets. “It looks like something out of a candy filled nightmare. No offense.”

“None taken! That was kinda the point!” Pinkie said as she jumped up and down. “Oh boy! Now we can start my part of the montage!”

“Montage?”

“Yep! Now we can-”

Pinkie suddenly stopped. Sunset watched as Pinkie's usual cheerful expression turn into a mix of anger and disgust. It was then that Sunset realized that Pinkie was looking at something behind her. Sunset turned her head, only to see an oddly dressed man.

His clothes were a jumbled mess. He wore a well made sweater vest, ripped up jeans, a multi-colored top hat and only one shoe. He had a fake monocle, a devilish grin and his voice was like a combination of a madness and cheerfulness. “Good day Miss Pinkie.”

“Hello Discord...” Pinkie said with a snarl.

“Who's this Pinkie?” Sunset asked with a curious look.

“This is my neighbor.” Pinkie let out a groan. “Discord.”

“Hello there my dear.” he said with a bow. “Who might you be?”

“I'm Sunset Shimmer. Nice to meet you.” Sunset looked Discord over, trying to understand what she was looking at. 'Huh...why do I feel like I've seen him before?'

“He's the school janitor.” Pinkie droned.

“Ah...”

“Don't mind Pinkie here Sunset Shimmer. She doesn't always get along with me.”

“That's because you and your daughter like to mess up my yard! You should be glad my sister can always find more rocks for the rock garden!”

“Oh please! Don't accuse my daughter Screwball of things like that!”

'What?! He's Screwball's father?!' thought Sunset with a pale face. 'Then again, I probably should have saw that coming...'

“So Discord...” hissed Pinkie. “What did you do this time?”

“Moi? Are you insinuating that I have done something bad?” Discord showed a grin that could only be matched with a fake halo. Too bad he didn't have one right now.

“Your pants are on fire.” Pinkie said in monotone.

“They most certainly are not-*sniff* *sniff* what's that smell?” Discord's nose twitched as his eyes started to see a small hint of smoke. He looked down and started to panic. “AHHHH!!! My pants are on fire! Again!”

He turned around and saw his daughter. “Screwball! Did you steal my matches again?!”

“Maybe...” Screwball shined a mischievous grin.

“Screwball!” Discord yelled as he started to chase his daughter down. Pinkie and Sunset looked at each other in confusion. Pinkie shrugged and motioned for Sunset to enter the house.

“That was weird.”

“Its always weird with Discord. Don't question it.” Pinkie said as she took her backpack off. “Now, let's forget about what just happened and start baking!”

“Baking?”

“Yep! We're gonna bake some sweets!”

“But Pinkie...I don't know how to bake.”

Pinkie's arm extended out like a snake and grabbed Sunset's shoulder. “Don't worry Sunny! I can teach ya!”

“Well-Ack!”

Pinkie pulled Sunset's arm and dragged her into the kitchen. Sunset watched Pinkie as zoomed around the kitchen, grabbing item after item at a ridiculous cartoony speed. It was only a few seconds till all of the ingredients were on the kitchen counter. Sunset blinked several times as Pinkie began to sing a song about making cupcakes. Despite all the cartoon-like insanity happening in front of her, Sunset couldn't help putting a smile on her face.

A little bit later, the duo had made cupcakes. Sunset took the first bite and showed a expression of pure joy. “Oh wow Pinkie. This is delicious!”

“I know, right? I love cupcakes!”

The two sat down and continued to eat for a while, casually chatting up a storm. Then, Sunset's eyes slowly veered away as she saw another girl enter the room. This girl could only be described as the complete opposite of Pinkie. While Pinkie wore the most brightest colors possible and always had a huge smile on her face, this girl was completely different. She wore everything gray, gray shirt, gray hair, gray all over. That and her face showed the most blandest, emotionless expression possible.

Pinkie quickly turned her head and yelled. “Hiya Maud! How's it going?!”

“Hi Pinkie.” Maud said in the most monotone voice possible. “I'm fine. Who is that?”

“Oh, this is my new friend Sunset Shimmer!” Pinkie turned and shined her usual grin. “That's my big sister Maud! She's totally awesome!”

“Big sister?” Sunset glanced at Maud again. 'That's her sister?! What?! Are they really related?!'

Maud slowly walked over to the table, her expression never changing. Pinkie grabbed a cupcake and presented to her, “Hey Maud, wanna cupcake?”

“I don't like sweets Pinkie.”

“Oh yeah. I forgot about that. Does Boulder want some?”

“No. He just ate.”

“Boulder?” Sunset asked with a puzzled look.

“My pet rock. He's a real glutton.”

“Oh.” Sunset gulped. 'Whoa...this is weird. Its like being around her just sucks the life out of everything. Are they really related?' Sunset looked at Pinkie again, who was just sitting there with a big goofy grin. 'Then again, Pinkie can be really weird sometimes. Maybe they are related...'

“I'm going to get some groceries Pinkie. Do you want anything?”

“Just the usual.”

“Okay.” Maud said as she walked out of the house in a robotic fashion.

As the door to the outside closed, Sunset turned to Pinkie and said, “Uh...Pinkie?”

“Hmm?”

“Is that...uh...nevermind. Its nothing.”

“Okay!” Pinkie threw another cupcake in the air. The cupcake did two flips and fell into Pinkie's mouth. After seeing this sight, Sunset decided she was done eating for now.

“So...you live with your big sister?”

“Uh-huh. She's currently going to one of the nearby colleges. She's studying to be an archaeologist. That or a rock expert!”

“So you don't live with your parents?”

“Nope. They live in another town. I see them every now and then but I love it here!”

“Ah...” Sunset's smile returned. 'Must be nice to have a place you know you love to stay in. I wonder...is that really the same with me and staying with Celestia and Luna?' Sunset blinked as she realized what she just thought. 'Am I getting homesick over a place I don't remember? Is that even possible?'

“Whatcha thinking about?” Pinkie said as her face popped up in front of Sunset's.

“Uh...just thinking about home.”

“Awwwww...you don't wanna leave already do you?”

“No Pinkie. I just...let's just say I don't fully know where my place is right now.”

“Oh. That's okay!”

“It is?”

“Yeah! I mean, as long as you have a place to live, you know where you need to stay!”

“Well...I guess that’s true.”

Pinkie got up and gave Sunset a big hug. “Aw, don't worry about it Sunny! Everything will work out just fine!”

“Yeah...” Sunset couldn't help but smile. “Thanks Pinkie...”

Author's Note:

AUGH! Good grief this chapter was long and hard to write! I've wanted to do a montage chapter since probably the fifth or sixth chapter but didn't have a good excuse to do it. The next chapter is also going to be a bit different as well, as it will star a certain purple unicorn and her interactions with Sunset.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!

PreviousChapters Next