• Published 27th Jun 2015
  • 10,417 Views, 1,942 Comments

A Lost Sunset - KingJoltik



Sunset Shimmer has betrayed Celestia and entered the mirror to another world. However, the first day in this new world would change everything when an accident causes Sunset Shimmer to lose her memories.

  • ...
34
 1,942
 10,417

PreviousChapters Next
Judgment of the Sun

Author's Note:

PLEASE READ!

I apologize for this chapter. I honestly couldn't think of a better way to go through it since this chapter is a kind of a 'moving on' chapter. Everything that happens here isn't final but its here to solve the problem for now. Sorry.

Hope you enjoy the chapter!

“Ugh...and now she's here.” Lightning groaned while sticking her tongue out. “Can this stupid thing get any worse?!”

“You tell me Lightning Dust.” Celestia said in a grim tone. “After all, you're the reason you're currently sitting in that chair right now.”

“Yeah yeah...” Lightning said as she rolled her eyes. “Let me guess, little Rainbow Dash came to you crying about how me and Gilda 'greeted' them yesterday?”

“No.” Celestia's grim tone continued. “Sunset is currently staying with me. That's how I know about all of this.”

“For real?” Lightning said with a glance of surprise. “Huh...I didn't know that.” Lightning shifted her head for a second, giving Sunset a stare. “She your kid or something?”

Celestia didn't respond. Instead, a deep dark cold stare showed itself as Lightning began to shrink in her seat from the sight. The other three watched the scene and Sunset thought, 'Wow...and I thought Fluttershy's stare was scary...'

After a few more staring seconds, Celestia leaned back and rubbed her eyes. “Okay. As you probably already know, you are all here because you decided to have a two versus two free-for-all out of school. And then you come back to school with bruises all over your faces.” Celestia took a deep breath. “So, what do have to say for yourselves?!”

Sunset's whole body shook as those last words came out of Celestia's mouth. Her eyes slowly shifted to the other students in chairs. Rainbow was sweating bullets as she continued to stare straight ahead. Gilda just sat there with a disgruntled look, occasionally rubbing her nose. Her slight winces told Sunset that her nose was still in pain. Lightning Dust on the other hand, didn't show a hint of fear. She merely sat there with a big mocking grin.

“I ain't got nothing to say.” Lightning replied while putting her hands behind the back of her head, showing she was fully relaxed.

Sunset watched Lightning display herself and thought, 'Wow...guess the effect of Celestia's stare doesn't last very long. That or Lightning has some serious guts...'

“Is that so?” hissed Celestia as she continued to stare at Lightning. Sunset and Rainbow looked at each other in pure panic as they continued to watch Celestia and Lightning. Gilda just showed a face of half boredom, half amused. After a few more seconds of stares, Celestia let out a huff and straightened up in her chair.

“Alright you four. This ends today.”

“What ends today?” Lightning said with her tongue out.

“The fighting. It ends today.”

“Tch.” Lightning turned her head upward and started to stare at the ceiling. “Yeah...sure.”

Celestia gave a slight glance to Luna. Luna merely snapped her fingers. “Pay attention Lightning! If you don't-”

“Yeah yeah...whatever.” Lightning pulled her head back down. “Just punish me so I can get out of here already.”

“It doesn't work that way Lightning.”

“Oh yeah? That's how it worked the last like...I don't know, past four times I was here.”

“Yes. It did.” Another sigh. “But today is going to be different.”

“How so?” Gilda asked.

“All four of you are no longer allowed to fight each other. At all.” Celestia's tone began to get lower. “If you do, you will either be suspended or expelled.”

“So...we aren't getting punished?” Gilda said with a slightly confused face.

“No. I'm seriously considering punishing Lightning Dust if she keeps this attitude with me.”

“And they aren't getting punished?” Gilda pointed to Rainbow and Sunset with a face of disgust.

“I'll get to that Gilda, but first...where is that?” Celestia reached into her desk and pulled out some papers. “Here we go. Now, I have on record that you Gilda...” Celestia pointed at her with a glare. “This is fourth fight with students here at this school. Regularly, that would be more than enough for expulsion. However, I'm not going to let that happen.”

“Why not?”

“Because...even if you're expelled, its obvious you'll still try to get into trouble. After all, this latest fight happened off school grounds.” Celestia slammed her fist into the desk. “And that doesn't make it any more okay than if it happened on school grounds!”

“So...you want to keep me here so I won't fight?”

“No. All violence, whether big or small, comes from a problem. Until you solve that problem, you're going to continue to fight no matter what. I need you to solve that problem Gilda.” Celestia turned her head and glared at Lightning. “That means you too Lightning Dust. You two need to figure out your problems and stop fighting. Or else.”

“Tch...if I have some stupid problem, I think I'll let it stick around.” Lightning said with a devilish grin.

“I won't let that happen Lightning.” Luna replied. “Let me give you some advice. If you continue the way you are, life is gonna get a whole lot worse.”

“So?” Lightning smirked with her tongue out. “I don't care.”

Celestia stared at Luna, trying to give her a signal. Luna quickly caught it and let out a small sigh. “Okay...” Luna pointed at Gilda, Rainbow and Lightning. “You three, outside with me.”

“Huh?”

“Now.”

The three slowly shuffled out. Sunset watched Rainbow walk out with a big frown on her face. 'Rainbow...I hope she'll be okay out there.'

“Don't worry Sunset, Luna can handle those three.” Celestia said, causing Sunset to snap back to reality. Before Sunset could reply, Celestia continued. “Now, as for why I'm talking to you first...” Celestia took a small sip of coffee. “I wanted to finish this whole thing with all of you present. However, it seems that can't happen.”

“Yeah...I thought so too.”

“Sunset.” Celestia stared long and hard at Sunset, closely watching the young girl. “When we're done here, I'm going to speak to Gilda and then I'm going to call both Rainbow Dash's and Lightning Dust's in here. While they're here, I want you and Gilda to settle things.”

“I-”

“Don't interrupt me Sunset.” Sunset just nodded as Celestia continued. “I know that you still blame Gilda for what happened to you and you blame yourself about her going after Fluttershy. However, this needs to end. You both need to apologize to each other and fix this.”

Sunset gulped as these words floated out of Celestia's mouth. “Both of you are in the wrong here. Her for going after your friend and you for going into a raging fit a few days ago. I know you two don't like each other but that doesn't mean you have to fight every time you meet. Got it?”

“Yeah...I understand. Its just-”

“I know its not going to be easy Sunset. But it is possible.” Celestia walked up from her desk and put her hand on Sunset's shoulder. “It'll all work out. You'll see.”

“How can you be so sure?'

“Because...I believe there is good in everybody. That includes all of my students.” Celestia removed her hand. “Now, I'm not going to suspend or put you in detention Sunset. According to the rules, I can't because this incident happened off school grounds. That and if I did, all four of you would end up in detention and I can't let that happen. Apparently the last time this happened, Cheerilee threatened to quit and I can't lose her. She's one of our best teachers here.”

“Ah...” Sunset remembered the day well. Trixie and Screwball were there as well, especially Screwball. Rainbow wasn't there though.

“So instead, I'm going to try to resolve Lightning Dust and Rainbow Dash little problem. I have a feeling it might not work but...I have to try.”

“Okay. That makes sense.” Sunset showed a half smile.

“Now, go ahead and go out to the lobby. Tell Luna to bring Gilda here. I'm going to talk to her first before you can. I know you don't want to but...”

“I understand. I...I'll do it Celestia.”

“Thank you.”

Sunset nodded and proceeded out of the office. A few seconds later, Gilda entered the office with a slight frown.

Back at the lobby, Sunset showed a face of slight fear as she watched Luna continue to scold Lightning Dust. She sat down by Rainbow, who leaned over and asked, “How did it go?”

“Uh....different.”

“Huh. Well, you didn't miss much. Vice-principal Luna has just stood there, yelling at Lightning.”

“Figures.”

Several minutes of awkward silence passed. Then, the moment came. Gilda exited the office and Rainbow with a furious Lightning Dust entered. After a second or two, Luna found herself entering the office as well. Finally, Sunset and Gilda were alone. They glanced at each other in awkward silence, both not sure what to say.

Sunset took a deep breath and broke the ice. “Um...Gilda?”

“Yeah?” Gilda said in an uninterested tone.

“I...uh...er...”

“Just say it.”

“I'm sorry I attacked you the other day.”

“Tch...whatever.” Gilda turned her head, making sure she wasn't looking at Sunset. “You expect me to believe that?”

“No. I don't.”

Gilda turned back. “Huh?”

“Truth is...I hate you Gilda.” Sunset gulped. “I really really hate you.”

“Oh really? Is it cuz I went after your wimpy friend?”

“Partially. The real reason is more personal though.”

“Really? What else could there be?” Gilda asked, now slightly intrigued.

“Well...can I ask you something?”

“Shoot.”

“When we first met, what did I say?”

“You insulted me. You said I was some hag and you thought you could beat me.”

'I said that?!' thought Sunset, her face going full pale. 'Wow...was I that bad of a person back then?!' After recomposing herself, Sunset opened her mouth again, “I see...”

“That's it?! 'I see'?!” barked Gilda. “You serious?!”

“Yeah...I don't remember saying that.”

“You don't...wha?”

“I don't remember our first fight Gilda. I don't remember any of it.”

“You...I don't understand.” Gilda said with a puzzled expression.

“I...whatever happened that day, it made me lose my memory.” A small tear appeared under Sunset's eye. “I...don't remember anything.”

“Wait...you mean...” Gilda's voice began to squeak. “When that locker fell on you...”

“Yeah. It did. Whatever happened back then, it took everything Gilda. I lost my memory Gilda.”

“Whoa...” Gilda's face went pale as the realization struck her. “No way.”

“Yeah.” Sunset let out a huff. “Listen...I don't know what happened before I lost my memory Gilda. I honestly don't even know what to think.” Gilda sat there in silence as Sunset continued. “All I know is that I was in the hospital for two weeks and woke up with no memory and was told that I was Sunset Shimmer and I got into some fight with a girl named Gilda. That's it.” Sunset took a deep breath as steam flew out of her nostrils. “But...I don't want to fight anymore.”

Sunset turned her head, small tears under her eyes with a puffy face. A scowl was trying to form over those intrusions. “I...I don't care if you hate me Gilda. I just...”

“Yeah yeah...I get it.” Gilda said while showing her palm in front of Sunset. “Just stop.”

“Huh?”

“Principal Celestia told me that you hated me over something I didn't know.”

“Wha...she did?”

“Though to be honest, I didn't believe her till now. So this is what she meant by something really bad happened to you because of me...” Gilda rubbed her face in despair as she continued to talk. “So...just stop. I won't fight you anymore Sunset. Okay?”

“Uh...well...” Sunset couldn't believe what she was hearing. “Will you stop going after my friends?”

“Yeah...I will. Though I'm not fully sure with Rainbow Dash since me and her have gotten into little rumbles before but...” Gilda let out a sigh and faced Sunset. “Listen...don't get all sappy with me, alright? Let's just agree not to mess with each other and move on, deal?”

Sunset opened her mouth, her jaw just hanging there. After a moment of shock, she presented her hand to Gilda. “Deal.”

“Good.” Gilda shook the hand. After the hands released from each other, Gilda asked, “Say...you do know you got a mean hook right?”

“I do?”

“Yeah, you really do.” Gilda leaned back in the chair, her hands behind her head. “And Sunset?”

“Hm?”

“Sorry you lost your memory.”

“Yeah...me too.”

The following minutes were so silent, you could hear a pin drop. Minutes upon minutes passed as the two just sat there in complete silence. Then, Luna exited the office. Sunset glanced at her, quickly noticing her mood. 'She needs her coffee...if she doesn't, she'll probably do that extreme yell of hers. I think Celestia called it some kind of voice or something...'

Luna looked at the two and let out a huff. “I hope you two fixed your little problem. Did you?”

“Yeah. We did.” Sunset nodded. Sunset tried to crack a smile as she glanced at Gilda, who only let out a snort. “I think...”

“Good. Because I don't have the patience to find out if you're lying or not.” Luna cricked her neck as more veins began to show themselves on her forehead. “If you are lying though, just don't. Got it?”

“Yes Ma’am!” Sunset and Gilda said in union.

“Good.” Luna pointed to Sunset and then Gilda. “Sunset, go to class. Gilda, I need you to go back into the office unfortunately. We need you to talk to Lightning.”

“Um...okay.”

Luna leaned over, her face directly in front of Gilda's. “Don't. Make. It. Worse. Got it?!”

“Yes Ma'am.” Gilda squeaked as she ascended from her chair. Luna watched her enter the office and let out a snort.

Sunset gulped and decided to speak up, “Um...Miss Luna?”

“Yes?”

“Maybe you should get a cup of coffee before you go back in.”

“Thanks for the concern Sunset, but I've already had thirty-eight cups today.”

'Thirty-eight cups?!' thought Sunset as tried to make sure her eyes didn't grew to the size of dinner plates. 'How does she do it?! And why do I keep asking myself that?!'

As Luna shuffled back into Celestia's office, Sunset quickly left for class. It wasn't surprising that Sunset couldn't really concentrate on any of her classes that day. But, she knew there was a time where she could relax. Lunchtime. As the bell rang, Sunset almost sprinted to the cafeteria, ready to meet someone she could talk to.

A few minutes in, Sunset found herself on the usual cafeteria table. After sitting down, she was quickly joined by all of her friends except Rainbow Dash. 'Man, don't tell me she's still in Celestia's office.' she thought as she munched on her salad. 'I hope she's okay...”

“Are you okay Sunset? You look really pale.” Fluttershy said with a gulp.

A small leaf of lettuce dangled from Sunset's closed mouth as she tried to respond. “Uh, er...”

“Um...why don't you finish your salad first.” Fluttershy said while trying not to giggle.

“Sorry.” Sunset gulped. “I was just thinking about Rainbow Dash. Me and her got called to Principal Celestia's office over last Friday and...”

“It didn't go well darling?” Rarity said with a sip of her drink.

“Well, I would actually like to say that Rarity but...I'm honestly not sure.”

“Ah, I see.”

“Well don't worry about it too much Sunny!” Pinkie said while patting Sunset on the back. “Everything will work out, you'll see!”

“Thanks Pinkie. I just hope this week won't go like my last one...” Sunset replied with a small smile.

Her reply would cause something she would not expect though. The others watched Pinkie vibrate up and down until she finally responded with a huge grin. “Hey everyone! I just got a totally spectacular awesome idea!”

“Uh, okay Pinkie. What is it?”

“We should all totally hang out with Sunset after school this week!”

“Huh?” Sunset gave a puzzled look. “What do you mean Pinkie?”

“Well...since you're our friend now Sunny, wouldn't it be fun to spend a day with each of us after school?!”

“Um...”

“That sounds like a fabulous idea darling. I'll gladly agree to it.”

“Same here. Ah would like to know ya a bit better Sunset.”

“I would like it too...” squeaked Fluttershy.

“I bet Rainbow Dash wouldn't mind either!” Pinkie ended with a smile.

“Well...are you all sure?” asked Sunset. “I mean...do you all really want to spend time with me?”

“Why not darling?”

“Yeah, any of us can spare time for a friend.” Applejack tipped her hat. “Sides, its obvious ya need to git out more.”

“Okay. I would like to spend more time with you girls.” Sunset gave a small smile. “Though I'll have to run it by Miss Celestia...”

“I'm sure it'll be fine Sunset.” Fluttershy gave her usual kind smile.

Then, as if on cue, Pinkie slammed her fist onto the table and yelled. “Alright! It's time for a montage!”

“Huh?”

PreviousChapters Next