• Published 22nd Feb 2015
  • 3,359 Views, 43 Comments

Worming Into an Apple's Heart - GrizzlytheMedic



Kate is 19, in the prime of her life when her sudden transportation to the land of Equestria, full of magical pastel horses. Being a country girl, she takes up residence with the Apple family and is soon finding herself warming up to Big Macintosh

  • ...
25
 43
 3,359

Mac the Mighty

“Wow, the sky is so clear here. Back home, stars were kinda disappearing due to the lights of the big cities nearby, but here you get the perfect view.” Kate whispered as she and Mac lay in the hayloft of the barn.

“Yeah, I reckon this is the one thing I can do that never gets old. I love the way the big ones sparkle and twinkle. Always reminded me of my mom’s eyes. But lately, it’s reminded me of your eyes.” Mac said truthfully. He had always been fascinated by her small but brilliant brown eyes.

“Aww Mac. You’re so sweet!” Kate blushed as she nuzzled into Mac’s chest and he wrapped his foreleg around her torso and hugged her to him.

“Mmmm” Kate sighed into Mac’s muscular chest, taking a large breath. She got the smell of fresh apples, sweat, and dirt. It was intoxicating to her and to be honest it was kinda turning her on, but Kate did not let these thoughts intrude her head as she laid in the hay with Big Mac holding her tight. She felt warm and safe here, nothing could ruin this moment at this point for her. Mac on the other hoof was even happier than the human. He had taken a liking to Kate and the way she was so willing to accept this and that the feeling was mutual made his heart soar into the stratosphere. He thought he had found his match, his special somepony and possibly lover. Mac wasn’t going to push her to that, she could go at whatever pace she liked. Mac was a slow paced stallion when it came to relationships anyway, if you discounted the little debacle with Cheerilee and the love potion his sister and the rest of the CMC cooked up, it still made him shudder to this day. Now that he thought about it, this made him feel even better, he had won Kate over by himself, well for the most part. Mac shook his head lightly to keep his thoughts on the beautiful summer’s night sky and the human wrapped around him. He felt his eyelids grow in weight as he drifted off to sleep.

Mac awoke to a hoof prodding his cheek and saw Applebloom looking down at him with a confused expression.

“Hey Mac, ya mind telling me why Kate is sleeping next to you in the barn?” Applebloom asked bluntly.

“Well, we cuddled and stargazed. I guess we just got tired and were too lazy to move.” Mac explained.

“Yep, I’ll go with that.” Kate chirped from her place on Mac’s left side.

Mac just smiled and made a daring move by kissing Kate on the cheek.

Kate shrank back in surprise, a blush making its way across her cheeks.

“Should I not have done that?” Mac stammered an apology.

“No, it’s fine Mac. I just didn’t expect you to be so bold.” Kate giggled.

Applebloom stuck out her tongue in disgust.

“Ewww.” She mocked gagging.

“Says the one who almost made me marry her teacher.” Mac interjected.

Applebloom opened her mouth to respond, but couldn’t find the words.

“Breakfast is ready by the way.” She added as she left the hayloft.

At the mention of food, both Mac and Kate’s stomachs growled loudly. They looked at each other for a second and burst out laughing.

“Dude that was hysterical!” Kate said, gasping for air.

“Guess we’re more in sync than I thought.” MAc chuckled as he helped Kate up. When Kate stood, she stood about 5’ 5” and Mac was a huge pony at 5’ 4” so they stood at the same height. This lead to a problem when Kate rose due to Mac’s large muzzle, Kate’s lips went directly onto his as he helped her to her feet. They both let out a sharp gasp but as Mac tried to pull away, Kate steadied herself and wrapped her arms around the stallion’s neck giving way to a deep kiss. Mac closed his eyes and embraced the soft texture of Kate’s lips. She let out a soft coo when he moved his hoof to her waist, wrapping it lightly around her body. As they broke apart for air, Kate was the first to speak.

“Oops.” She blushed,

“That was amazing.” Mac breathed.

“Feeling’s mutual.” Kate smiled.

“Wanna go get some breakfast?” Mac asked.

“Hell yeah!” Kate exclaimed.

After a quite satisfying breakfast from Granny Smith and her own nod of approval at the new couple despite her obvious oppositions to the pairing, but love always won in the end.

As the pair worked in the orchards they talked and talked, making the hard labor whiz by and take a lesser toll on their bodies.

“Wait a second! When you were in school, you had a band called Maccy Mac and the Funky Bunch?” Kate said.
Mac just nodded, his embarrassment written all over his face in the form of a large blush.
Kate doubled over in laughter and Mac joined in. Her laugh was contagious to the point where both of them were shedding tears.

“Wait! That’s nothing! When I was in second grade, I took the class goldfish and flushed it down the toilet! I had to say I kept forgetting to bring it in when it was swimming the Pittsburgh sewers!” Kate barely finished her sentence before bursting into another fit of hysterical laughter. This time, both her and Mac fell to the ground and were practically rolling, their bellies heaving as their laughs died down to giggles as they tried to regain their breath.

“I guess we both have our moments right Kate?” Mac asked, rolling close to her in the shade of a rather large apple tree. Kate did the same as she put her head in the soft firm haven of Mac’s chest. She let out a happy sigh as she grabbed 2 apples from the basket she had been carrying. She handed one to Mac and they both took a bite.

“I honestly don’t know how you do it.” Kate admitted.

“How we do what?” Mac asked, curious as to what she meant.

“Have apples that are perfect every time. On Earth, that’s impossible, like one in a million shot of getting that perfect apple.” Kate said, waving the fruit in the air.

“It’s all in the soil and the family.” Mac said plainly.

“I like the sound of that. You know, I kinda see what Taylor meant when he was talking to me when I first got here.” Kate said.

“What’s that?” Mac asked once more.

“He said that when he met Bon Bon, he didn’t want to go back, he had become too attached to the world and didn’t want to go back to the dark hole that is Earth. Not exactly all butterflies and rainbows like it is here. Earth is probably the exact opposite. Now he has a foal and everything, why would he ever go back now?” Kate muttered, her smile fading slightly.

“Well I’m glad you’re willing to have foals with me.” Mac smirked.

“WHAT?!” Kate jumped a little when he said it.

“I’m kidding!” Mac laughed.

“I didn’t take you for a jokester Mac!” Kate giggled as she settled back down on Mac’s chest.

“Well, most ponies think I’m mute actually. I only know two words and I can buck apples.” Mac chuckled.

“Are you serious?” Kate asked, looking into his green eyes.

“Eeyup.” Mac smiled at the irony.

“Well, I for one think you are the most attractive and strongest stallion in all of Ponyville, no Equestria!” Kate said, running a finger down his chest. Mac shivered at her touch.

“You ok?” Kate asked.

“Yeah, I’ve just never had another pony, or person cuddle with me like this.” Mac confessed.

“Well you’ve got me whenever you want. If you want a cuddle, just holler at your girlfriend here.” Kate pointed to herself.

“I’ll take you up on that offer, but right now I think we should finish our work before we have any more fun right?” Mac asked.

“Eeyup.” She playfully mocked him.

Mac could only smile at the black haired wonder atop him as he let out a heavy sigh of regret in having to end the cuddle.

“Hey Mac?” Kate’s voice came from the apple barrel she lifted.

“Yes?”

“I meant that by the way. Every word of it.” She said as she walked away.

Kate would have probably called him out for the rosy blush that ripped across his face moments later had she not walked away.

That night Mac decided to take Kate out on a formal date. He took her to Sugarcube Corner. It was no hot date, it was just the two of them and a milkshake. Then again, Kate didn’t seem like the type to like big fancy stuff. She was a fairly simple girl, or at least as simple as girls went. Kate enjoyed it immensely mostly because she got some alone time with Mac when she wasn’t on the job. She really did feel a strong connection to the farm stallion and felt a slight ache in her being when he was running even the shortest of errands. Was she clingy? Absolutely not, but damn it if she wasn’t gonna him the attention he so rightly deserved. He worked too damn hard to not have someone special to go home to, Kate felt as if she was doing a good deed by going out with Mac and fulfilling her own desires as well. Desires being her need for romance, care, and cuddles (God she could not get over how soft and warm Mac was!) rather than her more animalistic desires like lust and hunger, though she knows they’re going to play a part sooner or later in the future.

As the pair walked home after enjoying the sweet treat, Kate walked close to Mac’s side the cool breeze making his fur rustle like the leaves on the trees.

“Mac?” Kate broke the silence of the night as they made their way to the end of the street lights and began traveling down the dirt road to Sweet Apple Acres.

“Yeah Kate?” Mac answered.

“I love you.” She sighed after a moments hesitation.

Mac’s eyes went wide and he stopped and looked at the human in front of him.

“Mac? Are you ok?” Kate asked.

“I-I...Uh.” Mac stammered.

Kate stopped his attempt at an answer with a deep kiss. Mac closed his eyes and let out a happy sigh.

As they surfaced for air, Kate beamed at him.

“I’ll take that as a yes Macky Poo.” Kate said playfully.

Mac cringed at the nickname.

“Nope. Absolutely not.” Mac shook his head.

“Well I’ll compromise, how about Mac the Mighty?” Kate asked.

They both let out a laugh as they began walking home once more.

“Let’s just stick with Mac alright?” He smiled and pulled Kate in for another kiss.

“Can’t get enough of that can you mister?” Kate smiled playfully.

“I don’t hear you complaining.” Mac said, a sly smile on his face.

Author's Note:

I turned the sweet factor up a notch and I hope I didn't go too far with it.
As always, leave your feedback in the comments below!

Comments ( 23 )

the sweet factor I rate it at 75%
this chapter 100% good work I am thinking you are doing really good with this story. keep up the good work.
:eeyup:

I like the cuddles. Cuddles are amazing. Of course, my music kinda ruined the mood (Self Esteem by the Offspring, and Bonkers by Dizzee Rascal).

This was a great chapter. Not too fast and just sweet enough. Then again, with romance I have a sweet tooth.

:fluttershyouch:I'll just leave now.

5666708
dude that music is a total buzzkill for the mood! :rainbowlaugh:

nice update

Wow that was sweet. You do need spacing between your paragraphs, and it's Apple Bloom, her name is two words. Also a suggestion, longer chapters give greater a chance at greater depth and helps to avoid a rushed feeling.

but damn it if she wasn’t gonna him the attention he so rightly deserved

I think you missed (give) in there
but a really good chapter keep it up

5666889 i know. I don't know why i left my music playing.

5667529
I use GDocs so it's a little tricky

When can we except updates? This story is too good not to keep up with.

5670148
When I write them. I don't run on a timeline. Sorry. :scootangel:

5670292 Sorry to hear about your friend. I offer my condolences.

5669296 Yeah I've seen other writers in this site complain about it at times. I don't use it myself, I do all of work on the site instead.

5671320
I think Gdocs is better. I'm just figuring out the kinks

5673135 Sounds like a bit of a headache, but you'll get worked out I bet.

Comment posted by awesomesauce4 deleted Mar 1st, 2015

Any hope for this story?

i feel as tho this fic has died
and im sad for that

new chapter please

more chapters please.
just the description of the story is a attention grabber

Not sure how much I liked this, but do you continue?

Login or register to comment