• Published 15th Feb 2015
  • 633 Views, 80 Comments

Diaries of a Traitor part One: The Letter - Paradox Theory



All Equestria depends on one pony, whose father betrayed everypony.

  • ...
 80
 633

Chapter 10: Celestia's Mistake

Over a thousand years ago. . .

A few weeks had passed since Celestia had read the poem. And she still couldn't stop thinking about it.

If it was her that was doomed, then Luna would have to live alone. If it was Luna. . . . Celestia shook her head. She would die before she would see her sister doomed.

Deciding that trying to sleep was impossible, Celestia decided to check the time. She smiled as she realized that there was a few hours until sunrise.

With a sly smile, she snuck out of the castle.

With the cool night air rushing through her mane, and the stars shining brightly above, Celestia soon found herself at a special clearing in the Everfree forest.

A few minutes later a stallion emerged from the other side, his pure white coat easy to spot.

"Were you spotted?" The strange stallion asked.

"No." Celestia whispered, "We are alone."

"Good," The Stallion whispered back, stepping into the light of Celestia's horn. His black mane waved in the wind. "I missed you, my love."

Celestia giggled, "Me too Vesolute."

Celestia leaned against Vesolute and sighed, her fear subsiding a bit Vesolute smiled down at her. As they sat, Vesolute simply studied Celestia's flowing mane.

"It's dim." Vesolute commented.

"What?" Celestia asked, opening her eyes.

"Your mane, it's dim tonight. What's on your mind?" Vesolute asked, his brow creasing in worry.

"I-I'm afraid Ves, afraid that I may lose my sister." Celestia whispered, her voice starting to shake, "That I'm going to lose you too, that I'll be doomed to misery."

Vesolute chuckled, "My dear Tia, do you remember what I always told you? You need to confront these fears head on, and prove them false."

Celestia suddenly sat upright, "You're right. I have to face them." Without another word, Celestia ran into the Everfree towards the castle.

Vesolute followed after, trying to keep up with the young princess. They stopped in front of a cave.

Celestia turned towards Vesolute, "No matter what you hear, don't follow me in the cave." Celestia told him.

Vesolute nodded, "If it's easier for you that way. Then I'll oblige."

After sharing a short kiss, Celestia stepped into the cave, her horn lighting up in a color it's never been before.

"All right," Celestia whispered, looking at the elements on the altar. "You've plagued my mind for far too long, you have threatened those I loved, now I will make sure your curse is destroyed."

With a flick of her horn, purple-green magic shot from it, hitting the elements and turning them black. Celestia gasped in pain as the magic started to rebound.


Vesolute was worried for his princess, worried that she may never be the same. He flinched when he heard Celestia gasp in pain, he wanted to go in and comfort her, but he was a stallion of his word.

The cave then lit with the green magic, and Celestia screamed in pain.

He couldn't stand to the side. Vesolute ran into the cave.

What he saw was terrifying. Celestia was floating, the blackened elements spun around her, turning her coat to a dark gold.

"No!" Vesolute shouted, shooting his own magic into the mix. He instantly regretted the decision when he felt his whole body catch on fire.

Celestia screamed his name, but Vesolute couldn't hear her. His horn cracked in two, turning into odd misshapen things. ONe stayed a horn while the other became an antler.

One tooth grew sharp and long, sticking down over his jaw. His white coat turned brown and from his back two different types of wings sprouted.

As this happened, Vesolute could only shout in pain. Pain as his body reshaped.

One leg became a claw, the other a paw. One hind leg became a dragon leg, growing green scales. The other went from horse to donkey as the hoof became cloven.

Vesolute groaned as the pain stopped, his body still weak. He looked up into Celestia's eyes, and saw a monster reflected in them.

He screamed and fled from the cave. Telling Celestia not to look at him.

Celestia could only cry in horror as her lover had been destroyed. And she cried harder as she realized the poem was coming true.

Celestia curled up and cried as she realized, she had doomed herself.


Present day. . .

I sat back in surprise. "You mean to tell me that Discord was your fault?!"

Celestia nodded, her eyes now heavy from remembering that day. "Because of the hate I was feeling towards the gems and the poem, all I had done was change them, into elements of chaos and disharmony."

I swallowed, "But they had too much from you, and outputted it to the nearest source."

"And Discord was born." Celestia finished.

I pondered for a moment, "But it seemed like he was still Vesolute at that time, when did he lose his mind?"

Celestia sighed, "Again, most of that was my fault."

I sat back as Celestia continued telling me her story.


Over a thousand years ago. . .

Celestia sat by the shore, only the ocean below made a sound.

She looked to the bag at her hooves, her mind still going over the loss of her loved one. Picking up the bag, Celestia decided to toss it into the ocean, where nopony could find it, and where she hoped that the elements inside would not be able to doom her.

After she tossed the bag she heard a sigh come from behind her. Celestia turned to see Star Swirl approach her.

"I'm disappointed in you, my pupil. I told you to listen to your sister." Star Swirl chided her.

"It wouldn't leave my mind, I thought I could be rid of them." Celestia sighed, laying down on the rock she was siting on.

"Our burdens must be bared," Star Swirl said, placing a hoof on Celestia's shoulder, "But acting out of fear and anger is not always sound."

"I know." Celestia whimpered.

"Whatever happens now is meant too." Star Swirl said, "Once you accept it, it will be easier."

Celestia said nothing as she continued to quietly sob.

Then, it began to rain a little.

However, the rain was a dark brown. And tasted of chocolate.

A few hours later found Celestia and Luna staring at the monster that was causing this. He sat on a throne and laughed.

"Vesolute, why are you doing this?" Celestia asked him.

Vesolute looked at her, "Ah, if it isn't the princess. How do you do!" He then handed her a tail. Luna's tail.

Luna gasped as she looked behind her and saw her tail was gone. "What kind of power does this thing have?"

"Vesolute!" Celestia yelled, "I demand an answer!"

Vesolute chuckled, "Why? hahahaHAHA! WHY? Because my world was changed insomuch that my eyes were opened! You are all blind to chaos. So I am making you see it!"

"Vesolute! It doesn't have to be like this!"

Vesolute looked back at Celestia. "Vesolute? Who is that?" He stood up and put his paw on his chest. "I am Discord, lord of chaos and Spirit of Disharmony!"

Celestia felt her cheeks grow wet with tears as she whispered, "So be it."


Present day. . .

"And you know the rest." Celestia finished, her eyes now red from sorrow.

I fell silent as I thought long and hard about what to do next. Then I asked the question that would change my life.

"What would you have me do?"


"What?!" Aurora exclaimed, "You want us to WHAT?"

"We need to find the Elements of Disharmony, my father's allies. We need to cleanse them." I explained.

"And how do you expect us to do that?" Tourmaline asked, her eyes traveling up from a newspaper, "Blade is somewhere surrounded by Changelings, the Elements have hidden for 18 years. Are we even qualified?"

I shook my head. "It doesn't matter if we are qualified or not. What matters is we are willing to do whatever it takes to help."

"So, where do we go first, boss?" Slate asked, causing everypony to look toward me.

I smiled, "Anypony here ever wanted to go see a crystal pony?"

Author's Note:

To be continued in book 2: The Elements.

And that is the end of book one. WOW.

I never intended for it to be this complex. But, I guess stuff happens.

Special thanks to Wish I Was There for helping find a name for Vesolute.

Comments ( 6 )

Just a quick note you need to switch "\" with "/" to fix the centering problem
Otherwise Amazing Chapter!!!

6136059
You are very welcome!!

This was good, although I'm kinda Meh about Discord. Honestly, I'm looking forward to the team taking down Disharmony in book two. (I'm kinda proud of Aurora, Sun, and Blade. Tourmaline? Warming up to her.)

~Natz

6139004 Oh. . .it's going to be a long book 2 for sure.

Login or register to comment