• Published 15th Feb 2015
  • 633 Views, 80 Comments

Diaries of a Traitor part One: The Letter - Paradox Theory



All Equestria depends on one pony, whose father betrayed everypony.

  • ...
 80
 633

Prologue: Of Money and Allegiance

*sigh* Might as well get this over with.

My name is Swift Justice. And the whole country believes me to be a traitor.

Why, you ask? Because five months prior to my third birthday, my father showed the world how much he hated the royal sisters. He showed his allegiance to the Zebricans. He even went on a killing spree, claiming that if Celestia was as powerful as she said, she could stop him before the first blow landed. But in the process, a small filly was orphaned on her second birthday.

My father was arrested and put on trial. But on that day, a two year old colt asked his dad one question. Why?

My father confessed, his heart shattered from realization. He was then executed. And I was cursed from then on.

But that was years ago. Now I live alone. My mother grew ill some time after the trial, and died in a hospital. I was given the bill. A kid, wh had no parents. An orphan.

Everything my mother owned was repossessed. From then on I lived in the streets. Moving from town to town, never staying.

Being colored like my father, silver coat with green mane, scared everypony who remembered. It caused me to be fired on the same day I got a job. Every time.

But then I went to a bakery in a small town. The owners were called the Cakes, and they were far kinder. I was given a small bag of bits, more then I had in a long time, and was told to stay away. Not because they were scared, but they didn't want their business to be hurt. They had twins, could I blame them?

So that's where the story begins, a 21 year old Pegasus stallion with only a few bits to his name, on his way to Las Pegasus to gamble away what he had left.