• Published 15th Feb 2015
  • 626 Views, 80 Comments

Diaries of a Traitor part One: The Letter - Paradox Theory



All Equestria depends on one pony, whose father betrayed everypony.

  • ...
 80
 626

Chapter 6: The Reunion

I felt like nothing could stop me. We had made it halfway up the mountain before noon.

Everyone was talking excitedly, even Slate!

Well, everypony except Second. She had fallen behind, and seemed to mope.

Falling back to her, I decided to ask.

"Something wrong?"

Second looked over at me, "Just stuff. . . life I guess."

My brow furrowed, "But after today, we'll all be going our separate ways."

"That's one of my problems," Second sighed, "Most of my life had been spent alone, in the shadows. With you guys, I feel like I belong."

My breath caught, "You really like us that much?"

"It seems so." Second sighed again, before stopping. "We're here."

Everypony stopped and looked at her.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

She pointed at a nearby cave, "This cave here connects to the crystal caves Twilight and Cadence were imprisoned in during the changeling attacks."

"But why would we enter the caves?" Tourmaline asked, eyeing the pegasus.

"Because it will be easier to sneak into the city that way." Second replied.

I nodded, "Right now, stealth is our best bet, lead the way."


To be honest, I never liked the dark. Thankfully, Aurora and Slate had lit their horns.

But even then, I began to get scared. Scared for myself, and for a few of the ponies around me.

I then thought of the letter.

Should we read it? Should we see what it says in case we never make it out of here?

PLOOSH!

I turned my head to see Tourmaline pull her hoof out of a puddle of cave water,

"Ew." She whispered, shaking her hoof a little.

I chuckled, it was good to see her get a little karma.

Then I looked at Aurora. Her horn's light lit her hair up so it looked like the northern lights. I suddenly felt like a kid again, sitting on my mothers lap as she would tell me about how the northern lights used to shine.

Realizing that I was staring, I turned back to the path ahead of us. But as I did, I felt the urge to look back at her.

"Idiot! You should not be acting like a school kid with a crush!" I scolded my self.

Suddenly, Sunny stopped.

"Something wrong?" I asked her.

"It's. . . it's what I've done." She sighed, "What I'm about to do."

Slowly, Slate, Bright Blade, and Aurora formed a circle around her, while Tourmaline stepped back and pulled out a pair of glasses.

"What do you mean?" I asked her.

"I'll start a few days before I got to Las Pegasus."


Fillydelphia Train Station
2 days before the death of Rhombus.

"My daughter, you have been training for this all of your life. Don't be nervous! It clouds the mind, makes it hard to see your task through." Tempest, Sunny's father, said.

A pony in black had approached them. "You here about the task?" He asked.

"I-i am." Second Sun answered, stepping forward.

"Good, then listen carefully. There is a guard called Rhombus, who will be in Las Pegasus soon." The cloaked pony explained, making sure that everything was perfect, "Your task is to fatally wound him, but not kill him."

"Why?"

"My boss simply states that he has a special carrier in mind." The cloaked pony chuckled.

"So after I hurt Rhombus. . " Second paused, "What should I do?"

The pony chuckled again, "Simple, invade the ranks of the one who receives the letter. Gain their trust, their loyalty. Then lead them straight to the caves under Canterlot."

"I understand." Second asked.

The cloaked pony nodded, "Long live the Elements of Disharmony."

As he went to leave, Second shouted out, "Wait, what if I need you for anything, who do I ask for?"

In a voice nopony should be ale to hear, the pony said one word, "Treason."


Canterlot Caves
Present Day

"The Elements of Disharmony?" I wondered aloud, "Who are they?"

Second looked around the cave, "I don't know much, but they plan to overthrow Canterlot, and kill the Sun herself."

Everypony nearly shouted in surprise.

"But, why do I have to be the one to bring the 'Boss' this letter?" I asked in panic.

"Because, now that I've seen him, I know." Second said, "The 'boss' is an Alicorn, but not just any Alicorn."

Second paused as the mountain shook.

"He's your father."


I had no idea how long I had sat there, staring at the ground.

The monster. . . . the very monster responsible for not only the deaths of several ponies, but the destruction of his own son's life.

The same monster who abandoned my mother.

Who was killed, in front of hundred of ponies.

Only to come back Eighteen years later. .. as an Alicorn.

"I say we leave her here, and go back, we can still follow the trail out of here." Aurora said, shooting a glare at Second.

"I say we kill her like the no good pony she is." Slate argued.

"I concur," Blade said, pulling a metal hoof from his cloak. "Starting with crushing."

They began to argue as Tourmaline simply watched. But I looked back to Second.

"Why?"

The question silenced everyone as Second looked at me with wide eyes.

"Why tell us about all of this? You could be hunted down for the rest of your life."

Second gave me a smile, "Anything for a friend."

I'm not sure what exactly what I felt right then, but I felt something. Smiling back, I jumped to my hooves.

"I have a plan, one that will get us through the caves."

Everypony gathered around me as I pulled the letter out of my pouch.

"I'm going to give this to my father."

"WHAT?!" Everypony shouted.

"But, I'm going to read it first. Then, I can copy it word by word."

"But, what if he finds out you copied it?" Aurora asked.

"That's the thing. I won't know."

"What?" Slate said in confusion.

"Slate, Aurora, do either of you know temporary mind wipe spells?"

Aurora and Slate looked at each other before looking back at me.

"I know of one. But I've never used it. I could possibly wipe more then you want." Aurora admitted.

"We have to try." I said, "Now if only we had a way of gauging how many ponies are h-"

"37" Second said automatically.

"How. . . did you do that?" I asked.

Sunset moved a hoof to her eye patch. . . wait, why didn't I mention the patch before? Anyway, she pulled back her eye patch to show us an orange orb that looked like it held fire. "This eye belonged to a Phoenix. With it, I can see the heat ponies give off."

"That's. . . very intriguing." Aurora said, her eyes going wide in wonder.

"I highly doubt he has 37. To be on the safe side, we'll assume that there is some out of your view range." I told her.

"Of course." Sunny replied, moving her eye-patch across her face.

I then lifted up the letter.

"Are we ready?" I asked, "Are we ready to finally read what's in this letter?"

Everypony nodded.

With a slight tear, the letter opened.


Dear Treason,

My plans are in motion. Concealed in this letter is the very thing that allowed me to ascend. We must not lose it.

When you receive this letter, make sure that all of the required ponies and Zebras sign below.

As for my son, I know that he will bring this to me without opening it. And if he does, then I will talk with him.

But I have a more important task for you, you must bring this to Wrath, our agent in Canterlot. The following is now addressed to him.

Wrath, you were so young when this started, but you are like the son I never had. You task is more important then even Greed's.

You must make sure Celestia is unreachable by any who are outcast. Of course, I mean my son. As for the 'device', it too will make you ascend,

Then, you may enact your revenge.

Greed, you are to amass the Changelings, get them to Canterlot. Then, you will be by my side as it falls.

Cruelty, you shall spread the meaning of pain to those who will not bow to us, and you will be assigned to destroy that accursed Tree.

And finally, Deceit, your task remains the same. Keep the Moon blinded.

This, this is our time. We will rise as the elements of Solitude, of Chaos.

And the world will know us as.

The Elements of Disharmony.


Further down was a list of Ambassadors and Zebrican leaders who have turned power to my father.

Everypony went quiet in shock.

Folding both letters up, I gave one to Aurora.

"I'll stall him as long as I can. You get this to Celestia."

Aurora's eyes widened in panic, "But, you wanted to prove that you weren't like your father! You can't do that from down here!"

"Then tell Celestia why I couldn't make it. I hope we meet again."

"Me too." Aurora whispered as she cast the spell.

Giving Aurora a hug, I turned and sped towards my father.

After 18 years, I was going to finally see him face to face.


Tourmaline pulled off her glasses with a sigh.

"Something wrong?" Aurora asked her.

"He has proven to me that I shouldn't judge without first seeing his own actions. From now on, I'll only post the honest truth."

Aurora smiled at her as another unexplained feeling rippled between the group.


"Well Cardinal? You wanted me?" I asked the stallion on the throne.

"Oh my, i that my dearest Swift?" The Alicorn asked.

"I'm not your son, Cardinal." I hissed, causing him to flinch

"And here I thought you would be happy to see me. Thrilled that I survived."

"Happy? Thrilled?" I scoffed, "No, you deserved death, yet here you are, why?"

Cardinal Justice sneered. "Perhaps if I told you about what happened, you will understand."

I tok a deep breath as Cardinal began to tell the tale of how he became known as Equestria's "Traitor".

Author's Note:

Wow, what a chapter to write. Now with this out of the way, I can now fully explain how he ascended.

Also. . . .kudos to those of you who see what's coming.:rainbowkiss: