• Published 15th Feb 2015
  • 626 Views, 80 Comments

Diaries of a Traitor part One: The Letter - Paradox Theory



All Equestria depends on one pony, whose father betrayed everypony.

  • ...
 80
 626

Chapter 3: The Everfree

Author's Note:

Before you read this chapter, I have to put this warning:

WARNING: The following chapter contains Zebras, rhyming, a concussion, a couple of new companions, and a brave yellow pegasus. If you are not okay with any of this please leave.

Where am I?

EDIT:

Second Sun is property of Wish I Was There.

Blank Slate is property of Remmy4Warlord.

Follow them both!

Swift, this place is called the neutral zone. As to how and why you're here, I don't know.

Hello, journal? Ugh, how does Swift do this?

My name is Aurora, as Swift has stated before, but because he is out, I've decided to write down what happened for him.

I suppose I'll start at the Train, he asked me to hop on his back, and I froze.

I had never been that close to another pony before, but my sense of danger told me to get on top of him and leave the train. As he jumped, I heard the car door burst open. Seems he has good timing.

As we flew towards the forest, I heard him shout. "No, No!" Before he tried to change directions, but I guess I was too heavy, because he hit a tree full on.

I was shot off his back and hit the tree above him. Thinking quickly, I called some magic forward to catch us. Then I levitated us to the ground.

I quickly rushed over to check his wounds, blood had started running from his mouth and from under his mane. I quickly dug through our bags, finding next to nothing. What was I to do?

I looked back to Swift, his beautifully dark mane, his shiny silver coat, his. . . . wait, why do I care?

Shaking my head, I turned to my bag again, only to hear somepony speak.

"Hello pony of blue," A deep voice sounded, "How may I help you?"

I turned around to face a Zebra, "He hit a tree, and we have no medicine."

"Then to my home we must go," The Zebra said, "But first his wounds. I must know."

Without further word, the zebra began checking for wounds, "Hurry we must, for in us, is his trust."

Picking up Swift in my magic, I followed the zebra into the forest.


The forest was quiet, almost as if it feared the zebra.

"So, what is your name?" I ask the zebra as she picks her way through the forest.

"Zecora is my name," She answered, "Herbal medicine is my game."

"My name is Aurora," I told her, "Nice to meet you."

Zecora went quiet as a small hut appeared.

"Come quickly, Aurora dear," Zecora called to me, "My hut is near."

Nodding in agreement, I followed behind. From the outside the hut looked Zebrican. Which I guess is normal, considering the circumstances.

The inside had an assortment of knickknacks and masks. I also saw an assortment of potions on the wall.

"What do we need?" I asked Zecora as she ran around the house.

"Some peace and quite would be nice, as I need to mx some spice." Zecora answered me.

Nodding my head I walked over to the table. Pulling the letter out of Swifts bag, I scanned it again. It potentially could level Equestria if exposed to fire.

"Now the brew is just right," Zecora said, breaking me out of my thoughts, "But he will need to stay the night."

"Gfalb." Swift mumbled, trying to open his eyes.

I looked back to Zecora, "All right, we'll stay."


You have no idea how much my head hurts right now.

I woke in a hut. Or was it a tree? It felt very. . . . cozy.

As I adjusted, I heard voices talking in whispers.

"Are you sure he'll be okay with us?" A young feminine voice asked.

"Absolutely." Aurora answered.

"I hope he will forgive us." A male voice sounded out. The white unicorn on the train?

"I didn't realize how big this was." The young voice said again. Where have I heard that voice before?

I gasped in realization, only to give away the fact that I was awake.

"Swift!" Aurora exclaimed, "How long have you been listening?"

"Long enough," I grumbled.

"Swift." The White unicorn said, "I want to apologize and introduce myself."

After a minute, I nodded, only to rock a bit as my balance went off.

"I am Blank Slate, I sensed dark magic in the letter, " Blank explained, "But when Aurora explained to me just how much there actually was, I realized that I couldn't destroy it."

I arched an eyebrow, "So you plan to help me get to the princess?"

"Yes." Blank confirmed, "And I would like to introduce you to the pegasus that I had to save."

I looked to the pegasus next to him and instantly recognized her, "Oh, you're that assassin that sucks at her job." The dark orange pegasus grew even darker after that.

"My name is Second Sun, and I was assigned to bring that letter to my superiors." Second answered.

"So why are you here, Sunny?" I asked her.

Sun gritted her teeth, "Don't call me Sunny! And when I was eavesdropping on Aurora and Blank here, I realized that this letter could be dangerous in the wrong hooves."

My eyebrow arched again, "And so you ditched your clan?"

Second Sun looked down, "I just wanted to prove myself. To show that I'm as capable as my father."

Then I smiled, "Strange how three different ponies somehow have the same goal." I scratched my chin with my hoof, "As long as you don't try to run away while we're sleeping, then I guess you can tag along."

Sun looked up with a smile.

Aurora cleared her throat, "Then here's the game plan: Zecora told me the trail in front of her house leads to Ponyville, if we head there we can catch another train."

I nodded, "I've been there before, it's our best bet."

"As long as there's no more interruptions, right?" Blank asked.

I chuckled, "Right."


Stupid karma.

The trip through the forest would have been uneventful if we hadn't stepped into a pack of these. . . Timberwolves. That's a good name for them.

Seeing as I was still a little loopy, I couldn't fight. But I could still analyze.

Blank was an offensive magic user. All his spells were attack based. Aurora used a mixture of her hooves and spells in a more defensive manner. Sun used her wingblades, marking her as a ranged attacker. I could also tell that Sun knew hoof-to-hoof combat, due to the fire in her eyes that yearned to be right up front.

But unfortunately, I could tell the wolves would eventually win. They were made of wood, they couldn't feel that much pain. And the ones that fell just collected themselves back together. We were royally screwed.

Then. . . . .

"Just what do you think you're doing?!" A pink maned yellow pegasus yelled, "You should be ashamed of yourselves!"

To everypony's, (and every wolf's) surprise, the pegasus yelled at the wolves.

"What would your mothers have to say?" The mare continued, "If I see you attack another pony, I will use it!"

The wolves snarled at her. Well, so much for. . . .

Suddenly, the Pegasus's eyes opened wide and the wolves visibly recoiled from her. My crew's jaws were on the ground as the wolves turned tail and ran.

"Oh my goodness!" The pegasus exclaimed, "Are you guys all right?"

"Y-yeah, thanks to you." Aurora stammered.

The pegasus blushed, "Well I couldn't sit by and do nothing."

Coming over my shock, I asked the pegasus her name.

"I'm uh, Fluttershy." The pegasus whispered.

"Say again?" I asked.

"My name is Fluttershy." She whispered even quieter.

"One more time?" I asked, sweetly as possible.

"Fluttershy." She squeaked.

I looked at my group, then back to the pegasus. "Well, my name is Swift Justice, could you lead my group out of here?" I asked, "We are a little lost after the fight."

After a few minutes, the pegasus nodded and started walking in a random direction.

After fifteen or so minutes of walking, we found ourselves looking out at a town near the forest.

"Welcome all," I announced, "To Ponyville."

Then I promptly fainted.