• Published 13th Feb 2015
  • 2,321 Views, 23 Comments

A Light in the Dark - Kodeake



A letter is all they found, but they knew what had happened. War is never easy, especially for those with loved ones fighting. Lights are brightest in the dark.

  • ...
0
 23
 2,321

Alternate Ending; The Light

Twilight jumped up, flinging the blanket off her and staring wide-eyed out her balcony at the impossibility sitting their. With a glow of magic Twilight flung the doors open, nearly tearing them from their hinges.

“Twilight...” Rainbow seemed just as much at a loss as Twilight did. For a a few brief, terrifying moments, neither moved. Suddenly, Rainbow made her move, running into the room and tackling Twilight like a lion pounces on its prey. Twilight landed on her back sending a sharp pain through her body, but she didn't care.

“Rainbow.... it's.... it's really you....”

The pegasus nodded as unabashed tears rolled down her cheeks. “It's me Twi....”

“What.... I thought.... what happened?”

Rainbow smiled. “We were captured, Twi; my entire unit. Same with the others who went missing; the griffons were capturing us, no killing us. So many ponies we thought died are coming home tonight; they let us go as soon as the peace treaty was signed.”

“I...” Twilight's fought through her tears to speak. “I thought you were dead.... two years, Rainbow; for two years I thought you were dead!”

The pegasus wilted slightly, taking a step back and off of the alicorn. “I tried to get out, Twi; I tried to many times but I couldn't.”

“Come here.” In a magical glow Rainbow's body was pulled back up until she was once again stood directly atop Twilight, their faces mere inches apart. Their heavy breaths mingled and their eyes locked. “I got your letter, you know.”

“Oh... that one... listen, Twi, I- mmmph!? Mmm....”Rainbow gave in to the kiss Twilight initiated, willingly surrendering herself to it in full as her eyes slid shut.

Twilight's did the same, reveling in the feeling of warmth emanating from the pegasus above her. When her eyes open, she found herself looking back into Rainbow's own.

“You have no idea how long I've been waiting to do that,” Rainbow panted breathlessly. “I love you, Twilight.

“I love you too, Rainbow.”

Author's Note:

In honour of those who have fought, on any side, in any war. Some people do come home safe.

Comments ( 16 )

So many feels!

5622634
I am in your head, stealing your ideas.

As per the usual with your stories, at least the ones with a sad tag, I find myself teary eyed. Then I read the alternate ending, the one I personally prefer, and I found myself with a goofy smile. Either way, the emotional capabilities of your writing never stop amazing us. Can't wait for more, especially in Missing Dreams department.

5623243
Glad to hear, especially since I'm personally not too big a fan of this one.

As for the MD front.... yeah, stuff happened. I really want to get that ball rolling again as soon as possible, and as soon as I finish my competition I'll get back into it. The next chapter is already almost done.

Amusingly, this story shares a title with one of mine.

The storylines are very different, even if both talk about loss, so I don't care too much.

5627080
Maybe I'm an idiot but I fail to see a continuity error. if you're talking about the fact that I said all the soldiers, then I think it goes without saying that all the soldiers still alive would be coming come. It's pretty obvious that there are going to be casualties in war.

5627612 I'm just saying, it's always good to clarify. If you don't, then there are assholes like me that will call you out on it.

Damn you Kodeake! Now I'm crying.

5622683 you don't want my ideas. 98% of them aren't TwiDash.

I though this story was awesome. (I saw one or two grammer mistakes,) but apart from that it was awesome. I liked the sadder end more, for some reason.

When you're gone
Avril Lavigne
I just loved this story.. Omg..:fluttercry:

6037412

I usually down vote tragedy tagged stories. Too much of a bad thing. This is one of the few I liked though. Kodeake really has a way with words. And with Twidash.

I like this ending better. It makes me smiles and brings tears of happiness (which is an amazing feat since I don't cry when I'm joyful).

Thank God there's an alternate ending.

I love this story and it reminded me so much of this song

Login or register to comment