• Published 3rd Feb 2015
  • 3,450 Views, 93 Comments

My Little Pony: Sonic Gen. Underground - Jake Witt



Sonic the Hedgehog is getting fed up with boredom... Until Time Eater returned and drops him and his friends into Equestria. Guess who crashes the party? (Unlock friends, foes, vehicles, and items by request or interest.)

  • ...
80
 93
 3,450

PreviousChapters Next
Its a Matter of Time! 1/2

"Loki" Eggman was busy building egg pawns and motobugs when Orbot rolled in. "Doctor?"

"hmm? Oh, its you. What do you want?"

"Besides a smarter bo- I mean smarter Cubot, we have a problem on radar," Orbot said calmly despite his vibrating. "And its not Sonic related."

Eggman set down his factory remote and glowered at his servant, "What do you mean?"

"A strange anomoly is covering Eques- stria..." He points a red finger to the window, "Then again, you don't need radar to see that!"

Something dark was outside that would've brought tears of joy to the doctor, until it attacked the Egg Carrier. It was coming for him!

He fell to the ground from the impact and pointed at Orbot, "Call the Robotnik Council! Let them know I'll be late."

"As you wish!" Orbot exclaimed as he rushed out the room, leaving Eggman.

He glared at the creature, shaking his breath. He looked towards the darkness with a glare that hid his fear, muttering under his breath, "I hate to admit it, but I know who can stop this."


Little Sonic spun on his head and bounced around as his boom box blared some glorious MC Hammer.

Jet was ready for his turn, but the music stopped just as Tails walked into the room. He looked at Arondight impaling the stereo. Tails gave a tired look towards the knight, "You know I just fixed that, right?"

He leaned on a wall before walking over, casually take his sword out, "Our doom is coming and you fools are dancing. Pray tell, how is this training?"

Pretty much everyone in the house (besides the rabbits, Caliburn, and Sonia) glared at the knight, even Sticks, Rainbow Dash, and Pinkie gave a disappointed look. Big Sonic fixed his scarf from his head to his neck, not sure if he should speak.

Bunnie flew in from target practice, landing in the middle of the commotion, "What's goin' on?"

Lancelot grabbed a rock from the burnt tree's pathway and tossed it in the air. He put away Arondight as the stone turned to dust, angering Maud wherever she is. "Knave Sonic do that. Oh and I don't mean you younger self."

Sonic grabbed Caliburn from the computer, pausing the blade's WoW game.

He grabbed a slightly better rock, tossing it behind him, "You Tails, catch!" Tails did that, finding a tiny stone carving of the Tornado X with nearly every detail in it.

Before anyone could open/close their eyes from blinking/to blink, Lancelot was directly in front of Sonic, trying to push him away as their swords met in the middle, both hedgehogs in fighting stances. Lancelot smirked, "Pretty good, but your arm is a bit... too slow." Those who saw the movement witnessed a flash of yellow speeding towards Sonic and his limbs being a blue blur as he blocked, those opening their eyes leaped back from the jump scare.

Tails found, in his hands, a camera. The recent pictures were: Sonic taking a selfie with Lancelot running behind him, a scared Caliburn in the next shot, and finally the image from now with Sonic blocking the knight. Sonic laughed, seeing the group behind Tails and their shocked faces ! Even Twilight's jaw hung as she dropped her scroll- What?

She took out a notepad, scribbling things. "Th- Tha- That has to be greater than the speed of sound!!"

I ducked up Lancelot's sword as I grabbed the parchment.

Dear Twilight,
It has come to our attention that a dark force is slowly engulfing Equestria and possibly the world. A Miles "Tails" Prower look-a-like named Ali Ba Ba claims that it might be an evil genie named Erazor Djinn.
A creature called a "human" calls herself Princess Elise mentioned that it might be a creature named Mephiles the Dark.
The crystal ponies claim the return of King Sombra.
Whatever the case may be, we need the elements of harmony. Sadly, we can't use them yet. We need King Sonic to help us, calling himself an expert in endeavors like this.
Write back for more information.
- Celestia

I sped to the computer, "Caliburn, take a letter."

"But, I cant type, sire!"

I turned to him, "Then how are you playing computer games?"

"Well played, sire."

"No, I'm serious! How do you do that?!"

"Your letter?"

Dear Princess Celestia,
Tell me where to go and I'll check it out. Also, where are the elements and what are they? Why cant you use them?
- Sonic the Hedgehog

I pointed at the computer, "Print it!" Just as it came off the printer, I grabbed a ribbon and my symbol sticker and tied the roll of paper in a nice bow. "Quick, Caliburn! We need this sent now!"

"Oh, gods! Why me?!" He complained before a green flame engulfed the letter into a green mist, heading towards Canterlot.


"Its the Master Emerald!" Big Knuckles exclaimed, pointing at the long lost sight.

Under the old castle in the Everfree Forest, the Master Emerald and its resting place sat next to a crystalline tree with the marks of the Princesses and Twilight's friends in significant places. The two powerful gems glowed in a way that looked like a conversation. As both Knuckles came near, the Master Emerald glowed in a way that pushed them away, almost like it's saying, "Excuse me? We're having a conversation here!"

The two echidnas backed up as Rarity and Stick commented on how shiny it looked. Behind them, a familiar voice made himself know, "You do realize their having a heated debate, right?" Everyone turned to see Discord leaning on a wall, waving happily at Fluttershy, who waved back kindly.

"How would you know?" Thin Knuckles asked.

"I'm a chaotic being. Vise versa is in my blood, so if I have grandchildren without a mate, where do they go?" The sudden topic made everyone nervous, "They go into the past, duh!" He picked up a timeline and a family tree with censored heads, starting with Discord and ending with the chaos emeralds. "I think you can see some resemblance!" He said with a chocolate diamond head that fell and broke. He picked up the pieces and ate it in a newly formed head.

Twilight tilted her head, "So... are you our translator or something?"

"Actually, its very boring. The only thing you should know about is the debate over the creation of Harmony Emeralds."

Twilight's eyes glowed in a meaning others didn't know. Rainbow flew down and waved her hoof in front of her friend's face, "Hello? Twilight? Are you home?"

She shook her head, breaking from the trance, "Sorry, I'm just excited!"

Rarity trotted up, "Excited about what, darling?"

"We might get the elements back!"

Discord slapped her with a talon as soft as a feather, only to have her flinch from an impact that didn't hurt. "Not close enough! You wont get the elements back, but a fraction of their power in a way others can use it."

Rainbow flew over, getting in his face, "Wat do you mean 'a way others can use it'?!"

He wisped her away with windshield wiper arms, "They will be similar to the chaos emeralds, but with a major rule! Choas Emeralds have both good chaos and bad chaos energy inside that anyone can use to a certain extent. Harmony Emeralds works similar to the elements, except the magic one can be freely used by anyone. A group of friends or one person of a certain attribute can wield that respective emerald. Though, like chaos emeralds, there's a bad side."

He pulled a chart from nowhere, showing the elements and their discorded counterparts. "Light and Dark Magic, Loyalty to others or yourself, Generosity or Selfishness, Kindness or Ruthlessness, Laughter-" He didn't give a counterpart to magic, laughter, and had a seventh spot left covered. "Honesty or Deception, and finally-"

Rainbow flew up, "Hold on! There's only six elements!"

"Not originally. The last one was destined to leave so that it could return stronger." Twilight gasped as a two tone red sun mark appeared next to a white crown drawing. Next to it was nonother than Sunset Shimmer in her recognizable human form that only Twilight and those who've been to the human world knew. "Forgiveness or Revenge."

Just as he said that, a white diamond shaped gem (like in SIMS) appeared between the Master Emerald and Tree of Harmony. One by one, the elements shot an orb of light that created exact copies of the gem in their colors, circling the magical gem. For every element energy fired, the respective pony would hover in their rainbow forms with Twilight being last with glowing white eyes that slowly returned to their normal look.

The voice that normally calls out the used color power exclaimed from everywhere, "Buy Our Toys!!!"

After the ponies were all in their color forms, those who were allowed the abilities of the chaos emeralds glowed. Both Knuckles, both Sonics, Silver, Tails, and both Amys glowed in a super form while the Sonics rapidly changed colors in their hyper form.

Rainbow started laughing, "Hey, Knuckleheads! Why are you pink?"

Pinkie looked over, "What's wrong with pink, dashie?"

She caught herself, "Well, the others are yellow and-"

Twilight cut her off, screaming as she covered her eyes from the Sonics, as did a few others.

Everyone returned to normal once the Harmony Emeralds fell to the ground. From behind another familiar voice (deeper and not jokingly) shouted, "What just happened?!" King Shadow stood as a gold aura disappeared from him.

"Snooping as usual, I see!" Another familiar voice said moking Dr. Robotnik, then the owner exclaimed, "Hey, I can tal-" Everyone looked to little Sonic, who went from super happy to tossing the nearest hat (Apple Jack's) on the ground and stomping around it, before handing it back.

Silver looked at big Sonic, "Why did your younger self sound like Steve Urkel just now?" Little Sonic glared at him, attempting to speak before giving up. Silver raised his hands, "OK! Sorry!"

Twilight and her friends grabbed the new emeralds while Tails took Sunset's emerald for research. He looked over to Sonic, "Hey, if we can get that to work again then maybe you can access your super form!"

Twilight held her emerald up to eye level, "Maybe. But if you cant, then me and friends will pick up the slack."

Rainbow flew around, "What do we need them for? With these new emeralds, its in the bag! We can beat this threat and be back home for dinner!"

"Well, Rainbow, what if Sonic or his friends know what we're up against? They could tell us how to stop them," Twilight said, fanning her left wing to Tails as she spoke.

"Whatever."

Suddenly there was a flash of yellow and Shadow stood between them, getting in Twilight's comfort zone, "You know there's a threat, but not what that threat is?!" He kicked Sonic, somehow grabbing the red chaos emerald. He held it high, "CHAOS CONTROL!!" In a flash of light, the group were on a hillside, watching a fight at the base of Canterlot Mountain as Shadow's army fought Dark Gaia minions.

Sonata pointed to a bird in the distance, "Hey, Sonic, what's up with that phoenix?"

Twilight was surprised to see a Mobian Sonata, Is this the same Sonata? Why is she here?!

Two voices responded in sync, "Its a Dark Gaia Phoenix- wait, what?" Next to each other, Sonic (BOOM!) holding Caliburn over his head and a Sonic (Modern) in a suit reacted in shock as their eyes met.

Sir Lancelot walked over to him, "So you weren't lying..." he paused and looked deep in thought. "You know what? I don't know who I'm supposed to be loyal to anymore."

Shadow looked over at them, "Correction, its a Time Sombra Phoenix."

Twilight's group gasped as Sticks asked, "Time-what now?"

Author's Note:

Dark Gaia Phoenix

PreviousChapters Next