• Published 3rd Feb 2015
  • 3,445 Views, 93 Comments

My Little Pony: Sonic Gen. Underground - Jake Witt



Sonic the Hedgehog is getting fed up with boredom... Until Time Eater returned and drops him and his friends into Equestria. Guess who crashes the party? (Unlock friends, foes, vehicles, and items by request or interest.)

  • ...
80
 93
 3,445

PreviousChapters Next
How Many Dark Ages Are There?!

Within the dark, dank, and metal city smelling of oil, smoke, and gasoline a sudden source of fresh air opened before closing and resuming the reign of air so bad it blocked out the sun in eternal shadow broken by buzzing lightbulbs and flickering street lamps.

Sonic the Werehog fell face first, followed by Silver landing on his back. Now, Twilight could've been the elegant one, hovering down safely but Spike had to ruin that, falling on her and knocking the air out of them both as they landed on a familiar crystal table that wasn't there before.

Sonic got up, letting the others simply fall to the ground before squirming, "WHAT IS THIS AIR?! I CAN HARDLY BREATH!"

"No... How?!" Sonic exclaimed, ignoring Twilight's coughing as she got up. "WHY ARE WE IN ROBOTROPOLIS?!"

Spike frowned, looking at the junkyard city around him, the air barely breathable and no life in sight. Anything that wasn't made of metal and rust was the crystal map, the four of them, and the dirt they stood on.

"Who. Are. You?" A robotic voice came from behind. Turning, you would assume it was the original Metal Sonic but close inspection showed... Well, you can't make metal pretty. His jaw shifted upwards in what resembled a smile, "Lord. Robotnik. We. Found. Life."


Dr. Ivo Robotnik gave the first smile in decades but it was the smile of a hunter that thought the hunt was lost before hope returned, "Another hedgehog and a pony? An alicorn, even! Yesss, good. I thought we converted them all." He turned his head to the arrival of King Sombra, the clinking of his metal hooves were never missed nor were the smoke billowing from his head and optics. "Sombra get your troops. Sonic, kill them all and bring me the pony!"

Over the radio the voice of his ire reported, "There's a baby dragon, sir."

"What of it? I only want her magic; not a puny reptile."

"Yes, sir, Robu-bu-bu," the voice sputtered as a result of errors in his program, the sputter would never leave like the memories. "Robotnik, sir!"


The roboticized Sonic's optics flashed red before he swiftly circled the group, sizing them up before dashing up the nearest mountain of metal, shaking a metal claw. "Give up now."

"Or what?" Wolf Sonic demanded.

"Bro, we can juice and jam or we gonna rock n roll." He leaped, charging a spin attack that got interrupted by a stretched punch. "So NOT cool!"

"I know! I mean, did I REALLY talk like that?" The good Sonic demanded, interrupting spins and blocking kicks as the others watched. Wolf Sonic put no effort while the metal one began sparking, "Well, it's not worse that my Sonic Heroes phase."

Robot Sonic leaped back, "You're good but can you beat Super Sonic?"

"There's chaos emeralds here? Really?" Silver asked nobody in particular. "I assumed they would be in constant use to keep a city like this running!"

The bad Sonic sent a signal, leading the real Metal Sonic to arrive, merging with him as his rounded quills gained longer, sharper edges and a more barbed look while thrusters were added to his body with white twin racing stripes came up from his optics, making them resemble a metal blue Darkspine Sonic. "Super Metal Sonic: Active. I'm about to clean your clock, time speedster."

Wolf Sonic rolled his eyes, dodging and countering their attempts with minimal damage, "Quit it, you're reminding me of how I skipped breakfa- That's not the line."

Silver hovered towards them, "Either I'm more famous than realized or it's the fact that there are two Twilight Sparkles occupying the same junkyard."

Trumpets sounded in the distance but the quick pace almost resembled helicopter blades. Rumbling followed as Twilight gasped then coughed from the smog. An army of metal dragons, metal ponies, and metal any other dangerous lifeforms; mobian, monster, or man charged at them but what caught Twilight off guard was the Metal Celestia and Two-headed Robot Nightmare Moon/Young Luna next to her.

While holding the tiny Sonic in one hand, Sonic the Werehog turned and smirked. "Look! A real fight!"

"This fight is re-r-real! Let me pun-p-pu-punch you in the fa-fa-fa-face!" the robotic nuisance shouted, sparking. "Shut it, Hedgehog, the big boys are playing." He sparked again, "You may-may-may know everything-ing-ing I-I'm going-ing to do-"

"But that's not gonna help, cuz you don't know anything I'm going to do!" Sonic slammed Super Metal Sonic into the ground, "Strange, isn't it?!"


"Super Metal Sonic! I command you to bring me the beast! He will replace you, soon enough." Dr. Robotnik ordered, patting his metal crow.

Snively Robotnik walked into the room, paused, winded his leg's key, and continued walking up to his uncle who roboticisized him without remorse. "Sir. Our scanners. Found time. Magic in. The crystal. Mapthattheybroughtwiththemandifwe'reluckywecancontroltime."

"Yeah. Yeah. Go back to bringing me coffee."

"But that. Is Sombra's. Job, sir."

Robotnik turned his seat, glaring, "Get out of my face, Snively. Your impudence never fails to annoy me."

As the meek robot left the room, he opened communications to Metal Starlight Glimmer on a private channel, "Is it. Ready my. Loyal subject?"

"Screw your bolts; I'm controlling time!" she snapped back.

"Are you. Kidding me?!"

"Nah. Just hurry up; we only get one shot. After all, magic is a rare energy source here." Glimmerbot said before closing communications.


"Glimmerbot, the army has been dispatched!" Sunset Shimmerbot informed, rolling up to her partner. "Why are we not joining?"

"We need to assist Master Snively Robotnik!"

"What is he doing, now?"

Glimmerbot's voice rose a pitch, the only sign of her joy, "He will control time, allowing us to create a timeline where magic never died and... and... and something!"

Shimmerbot looked towards the monitor, "Princess Twilight, Spike?! A white hedgehog? ...and a wolfman?"

"They showed up with a crystal map." Glimmerbot pointed, "The source of their time magic!"

"Well, it's better than some telephone box..." she paused, "Why are we giving this power to Snively?"

"We both know it's either the two of us fighting to the death or Snively," Glimmerbot replied in her original pitch.

Shimmerbot's eyes flickered, "A pony, a dragon, a hedgehog, and a wolf. There's four of them and two of us, four if we count Snively and Trixie."

"Eh, he wouldn't make it fast enough," Glimmerbot said with a shrug. "Open the hatch, Charles!"

The robot head of Chuck the Hedgehog, guardian of Sonic the Hedgehog, was mounted on a metal rod. "As you wish..."

The door to their bunker opened as Sunset and Starlight transmitted their halves of a code to unlock a closet holding Uncle Chuck's body.

"It was nice working with you," Shimmerbot said before the hatch sealed itself shut.


LINK

Silver tossed robots away as the machines surrounded them, Spike's enhanced flames cleansed the air as it burned and melted metal beings in the fire's wake, and Twilight struggled to fight the machine version of her mentor and her sister.

"Fight me, mortal!" Luna Moon shouted in stereo while Celestia fired lasers against Twilight's shield. "Your light will be put out like a breeze against the flames of a candle!" Spike fired a fireball at the princesses who were replaced by a robot Cadenza and Shining Armor, making things harder for her.

Spike screamed, "Twilight, they're not real! Just copies!"

Silver tossed the royalty away as he got near, "That's not true Spike. In this world is where they lost control of themselves, becoming slaves o steel. So it's either us or become them."

Sonic reverted to normal as Spike's flame brought in the sunlight through a small hole that sealed itself, reverting him back in his Werehog form. "Sorry, but, surrender isn't an option if it means working for Robuttnik." He thought about it, "Wow, that just feels aliens after so many years..."

The Metal Sonic froze and sparked, his eyes cycling between red and green, "Robuttnik..." He sparked again, "Oh good, you've regained free will."

Sonic stared at the other Sonic, "What?"

He sparked again, "Wh... what have I become...?"

"Yeah, this is too sudden NOT to be a trap."

Super Metal Sonic turned to Twilight, "Yo, pony!" Twilight turned from her shield defending her as Spike freaked out about killing people. "There's six ponies being led by a Twilight Sparkle, embedded in their cores is the Elements of Harmony. Go wild."

Twilight frowned, "Or we can hop back onto our map, activate the time spell, and look for another timeline that would allow us to defeat an overpowered Starlight Glimmer Sombra Nightmare Moon Time God thing."

On top of the map stood robot Starlight Glimmer sharing a look with a robot Sunset Shimmer who looked at the armies, roboticized gods, and the four tourists looking back at them.

Silence fell, only broken by a tumbling tin can, whirring, and quiet beeps.

PreviousChapters Next