• Published 3rd Feb 2015
  • 3,450 Views, 93 Comments

My Little Pony: Sonic Gen. Underground - Jake Witt



Sonic the Hedgehog is getting fed up with boredom... Until Time Eater returned and drops him and his friends into Equestria. Guess who crashes the party? (Unlock friends, foes, vehicles, and items by request or interest.)

  • ...
80
 93
 3,450

PreviousChapters Next
This Seems Familiar...

"...and so it is from sheer speed and determination to not drown that I can run on water." Sonic finished, "Now I'd like to hand the mic to Twilight Sparkle who is going to share exposition- I mean share her findings on the Magic of Friendship!"

Hands and hooves clapped as Twilight took the podium as Little Sonic with Spike set up the projector.

Twilight's speech was more tame, talking more about her connection with her friends rather than stroking the ego of a specific race of fast beings. She spoke highly of Rainbow Dash's Sonic Rainboom and how it changed many lives from Applejack returning to her farm, Fluttershy's newfound love for animals, unlocking Twilight's magic, Pinkie's inspiration to want more in life, and Rarity's rock farming skills. It is what connected them and-

She paused, squinting her eyes and blinking before resuming her speech.


"Are you sure it was Starlight Glimmer?" Sonic asked.

Little Sonic nudged him, holding out his small whiteboard with a surprisingly well-drawn picture of Starlight despite his limited colors.

"OK, so I guess I did see her, too."

Twilight frowned, "Why didn't you say anything?!"

"There are times where I think I see two Bon Bons and three Trixies. I didn't want to be rude!"

RUDE TO PONY STALIN? Little Sonic wrote.

Twilight rolled her eyes, "Look, we can look into Starlight once the girls arrive but for now, we can discuss the treaty with the New Shadow Hive in my castle."

Little Sonic got into a fighting stance as Spike exclaimed, "Maybe we should invite Starlight?!"

Sonic chuckled, "Silly Spike, why should we- Oh."

On the magic map Starlight was tossing Silver around the room with her magic, "You ruined the surprise, you IDIOT! It's no use! It's no use! It's no use! Tell me 'it's no use' one more Celestia-" Her eye moved to where Everyone else stood before tossing Silver into another wall and teleporting to Fluttershy's throne with her hooves on the map and a smug look on her face.

After the silence was broken by a Sonic sigh, Starlight stood up.

"Weeeeell?"

Spike narrowed his eyes, "What are you doing?"

"What am I doing?"

Silver moaned, "Traveling through time..."

"Traveling through time?"

Twilight tensed, "Are you...?"

"...yes," she finally said, opening a hole in time, surrounding herself in a protective barrier before disappearing through the hole. A scroll she was holding fell to Spike's feet.

Twilight grabbed the scroll, "Little Sonic, grab some friends for when we get back. Knight Sonic, Silver, you both will join Spike and I."

Silver got up, "It's no u- I- I mean, why is Spike joining us?"

"To be the first time traveling dragon and to record more examples on why you should never mess with time." She replied, charging the magic spell in the scroll.


Silver and Twilight floated before quickly grabbing their buddies. Sonic fixed his tie as his feet met road, "Clouds... why did it have to be clouds?!"

Twilight looked around. Dead quiet. No pegasi in sight, no Starlight, not even sunlight! The sky was dark, no star shone in the sky.

Spike shivered, "Twilight? Where and WHEN are we?"

"The Flight Camp in Cloudsdale, the first time Rainbow Dash performed her Sonic Rainboom..."

Silver looked around, "How could she have done this?"

Sonic looked at the flickering street lamps, keeping the area visible. "Are you sure it isn't night time?"

The princess looked him directly in the eyes, "Rainbow mentioned a celebration dinner under a visible moon after showing her family her new cutiemark. Look around."

"YES, LOOK AROUND. LOOK INTO OUR DARKNESS. LOOK AT THE ECLIPSE ETERNAL!"

Everyone looked to the booming voices at a visage of the amalgamation of what was once King Sombra, Time Eater, Solaris, and now Nightmare Moon. The new addition seemed to be a major drawback as Sombra and the Nightmare fought for control.

"ENOUGH! WE WILL HAVE EQUILIBRIUM!" Starlight's voice boomed, taking over as the face of this evil. "TWILIGHT SPARKLE. SONIC THE HEDGEHOG. Silver... AS UNEXPECTED AS IT IS, I HAVE GAINED MORE POWER THAN I'VE EVER DREAMED! EVERYPONY WILL BE EQUAL, EVEN IF I HAVE TO RECREATE THE UNIVERSE!"

"Hey, Glimmer, you only have control of time, the sun, the moon, and darkness! Changing the universe is impossible!" Silver shouted, bringing his fist up, "In fact-"

"DON'T YOU DARE SAY IT! I WILL END YOU!" She screamed.

"It's no use!"

Spike whimpered behind Twilight, "Silver, no..."

Silver was lifted up into the air by Starlight's dark magic, "Do it! There is only clouds up here so... IT'S NO USE!"

Nightmare Solaris Glimmer smirked as she tossed Silver into the road so hard it opened a hole in time to suck everyone else through with him. "Wait. Did he just play us? I knew integrating the puny unicorn was a- Shut up. No. Following Starlight back into a time-locked place was bad. It was worth it. No. It wasn't."

Author's Note:

NOTE: Every time I think of the beginning scene at the University I imagine Starlight wearing an obvious racist disguise and tossing a fake backpack bomb at Twilight.

PreviousChapters Next