• Published 3rd Feb 2015
  • 3,450 Views, 93 Comments

My Little Pony: Sonic Gen. Underground - Jake Witt



Sonic the Hedgehog is getting fed up with boredom... Until Time Eater returned and drops him and his friends into Equestria. Guess who crashes the party? (Unlock friends, foes, vehicles, and items by request or interest.)

  • ...
80
 93
 3,450

PreviousChapters Next
Motivate

Author's Note:

In the spirit of seeing Sonic BOOM! episode "Aim Low" with Sonic being at least bored without Dr. Eggman, this chapter is dedicated to Eggman's motivator Soar the Eagle.

btw spoilers for the Sonic BOOM! show, if you watch it.

Knock! Knock! Knock!

"Sonic!"

Knock! Knock! Knock!

"Sonic!!"

Knock! Knock! Knock!

"Son-"


Sonic hopped out of bed, exclaiming what his younger self mouthed, "Shut up Tails!" They looked to each other before the older one added, "This isn't Big Boom Theory, you can come in!"

Tails walked in with a 'seriously?' look and a folded paper while Manic and Sonia gave us glares.

Tails shook of the morning tension in the room and began, "Metal Sonic just stopped by." Both Sonics hopped to their feet, about to speed out before Tails stopped them, "He already left. Nothing harmed! Its weird, he had green wings and rust on him... I'm not sure what to think, but he left a flyer for you as a warning."

Manic tilted his head, "Mech Man left a warning? Are you sure he's evil?"

"Enemies giving warnings is nothing new," Sonic said, snatching the pamphlet from Tails without touching his hand. He read aloud, "Soar the Eagle and Iron Will... Motivation seminar?"

"I looked at my diary I found under my bed... apparently I have serious short-term memory loss in the future," Tails said, glaring at the three hedgehogs holding back laughter. "And talked to the ponies in town. Soar was an eagle that motivated Eggman when he was depressed, resulting in him firing Soar. Iron Will simply turned Fluttershy into a bully, who turned back to good and used her new assertive abilities in a good way, to this very day."

Manic flopped back on his matress, "Wow. If I wanted exposition I would've opened a history book!"


"If they won't let you cross, SHOW 'EM WHOSE BOSS!" Iron Will shouted as he punted his goat assistant.

A bald eagle wearing a lot of blue and pink flew down near the goat with his jet pack, "If I wasn't a germaphobe, I would help you back up, but only you can get up. Only you can soar!" The goat got back up, "Now, are you going to go past the limit to beat him?" The goat nodded. "Wrong! You will go beyond your limit!"

From the crowd in the back of an out door theatre Big Sonic, Fluttershy, Rarity, and Pinkie watched as the goat attempted to ram tough, Iron Will in the stuff. Iron dodged, "Those who block your path or drive you to block an assault, SHOW THEM THAT YOU ROCK!" This became less of a seminar and more of a fight between the goat and his boss.

"He's still a brute, but that eagle I can listen to fully!" Rarity said as Soar motivated the goat to calm down.

"Hot anger will melt your wings, making you fall like a rock! When your calm, you can overcome any challenges!" He covered his winged arms in his shirts from a nearby vendor with his goods and clothesline Iron Will.

"When those make you fall, SHOW THEM THE WALL!" Iron exclaimed, "If you listen to us, you can learn to be motivated and assertive instead of weak and depressed!"

Soar flew around, over the crowd, "Can we get two volunteers? A male and female."

"Remember, this isn't just a pony land! New dangers are arising!" Iron informed, "Giant robots, dark monsters, new magic, ninjas, many new dangers! This seminar is not only for life skills, but it will save your life!"

Soar flew over to us, "You, blue hedgehog and yellow bird-pony!"

Iron called out, "Pegasus! Pegasus, not bird-pony!"

We walked up on stage, Fluttershy with determination and Sonic holding Caliburn over his shoulder as they walk- never mind. Sonic grabbed Fluttershy and rushed to the stage with her, "Sup Ox-man!"

"Minotaur. I am a minotaur," Iron said, before his eyes met the butter colored pony. "So, you weren't satisfied with the last one, but came here. Nice to see you again."

Fluttershy glared back at him, "Just making sure you were actually teaching something this time."

"Wooooaaaaaahhhh!! Burn!" Pinkie shouted, standing before Rarity pulled her back down into her seat.

Sonic just stood there, in the back of his mind he thought, Did little, timid Flutter just talk back to this huge, hulking bull?! He shrugged before twirling the reluctant Caliburn high in the air and homing on the sword, catching him in mid air, lastly landing with style as he used the air around him to spin the dust around him in a little tornado as he landed, "Sup. I'm Sonic the Hedgehog." From the crowd either somebody commented on Sonic's gold shoes or Caliburn, but you could hear an 'ooooh shiny!' from the silent crowd... And it wasn't Pinkie, Rarity made sure of that.

Iron turned his head and made a shoo-shoo motion, "Sorry, but we have no time. Clearly you don't need our lessons."

Soar circled the two, "Think of me as the ying. A light, peaceful bird in the air-"

Fluttershy tilted her head, "Why do you have that thing when you have wings?"

"Nature. Twisted nature. Any way, Iron Will is the yang. A heavy, tough ox standing his ground." He pulled out some charts, "As you can see we both lacked a certain structure in our lessons."

Iron puffed out his chest, "In documentation: my teachings start off good, but then turn bad and a few return good. I taught assertiveness as a way to excuse weakness and become a selfish bully. In return more came to my seminars because of my mistake."

"And I was being too nice about my seminars. I have 31 step motivation plan, but motivation and need for guidance leave people confused and lost. In the end, our teachings meant pain and torment or a lack of fulfillment. I helped Dr. Eggman be a better him, but he only got to step six while others got to step five or seven before leaving my teachings." Soar hovered beside Will, "That is why both of our lessons together will mean something!"

Sonic tapped his shoe, "Still not cool helping Eggman."

Fluttershy gave a glare, "Or turning me into a monster for a week."

"OK, Flutters. What kind of confidence juice are you drinking?"

Iron got defensive, getting up to Sonic's face, "The point is, Butterfly needed her friends as the ying of my lesson while you were the yang of Soar and Egg Head's lesson." He gave a second goat a signal to turn on a projector, "Harmony. Chaos. The flow of good and evil, light and dark. Sun and Moon!"

Soar held a stick as notes and the story played on a power point, "Here 1000 years ago, your princesses were seemingly at peace. Here we have Celestia, a prideful princess who only thought of what was best for her ponies. Not her sister, not the victims of pony attach. In her eyes only her subjects were good." The slides switched, "Here we have Luna, in a time before fireworks and star gazing under a beautiful moonlight. Lonely, ignored, and sad. She felt like a tool for the light to use, because we can only see the moon due to the sunlight reflecting off the surface. Nothing special."

Iron Will held out his blue hand to the next slide, "No subject to rule, nobody to love or understand her. This is an example of my teachings alone in a historical fashion." We saw as the drawing of Luna rose to the sky, turning black and armored. Nightmare Moon. "Jealousy and hate turned her into a monster!"

"This is where my teachings come in," Soar said while flying above the crowd. "Celestia was blind and ignorant, focused on being happy. She was lost and confused when her own sister turned on her."

"Their struggle is our symbol and her return is the result of our lessons together bringing form." Iron said. He then paused when the photo of Twilight and her friends defeating Nightmare Moon appeared. His jaw dropped as he looked between Fluttershy and the timid butter yellow Pegasus in the picture- clearly Fluttershy. The whole crowd saw it, too has fingers, hooves, and talons pointed.

Fluttershy cowered behind Sonic, "That's a lot of... um... pony eyes..."

Sonic messed with his watch, showing an edited version of Omochao's projection, "Hi. I'm Sonic the Hedgehog, savior of Mobius, lands, planets, and zones. This is Fluttershy, element of harmony who knows your princesses. All of them in fact. Helped save Equestria from Nightmare Moon, Discord, some third villain, and a guy who clearly hates tree libraries." I pointed at the pony behind me, "According to Princess Twilight and what I've seen, an alternate version of her defeated demons and sirens."

The projection showed old camera shots with important people and him fighting things from Perfect Chaos... twice, to beating too many races to count. People 'ooh' and 'aah' as pictures zoomed by.

Soar landed beside Sonic, bowing, "Sir, you too should be a symbol for us."

"You know? I think this is a normal, uncorrupted seminar-" Fluttershy pulled Sonic as a laser singed the ground he stood on. Egg Pawns fell to the ground as a panic started... but they don't look normal. It didn't matter, because Pinkie had her canon on hoof to destroy the invaders. The surviving Pawn tossed a message card at Sonic before self destructing. Looking around, seats were empty except for two.

The card looked old and damaged, but the projector, a little rough, worked. The audio started as a blurred Eggman stood on the card, "Metal Sonic, I know you're out there. Ex- Ex- Explain yourself at these coordinates. And stop controlling my robots! Its bad enough trying to call a time traveling robot, but trying to figure you out again is driving me mad! Meet me either here or the hive. This isn't a request, its an order!"

From behind two yellow ponies with apple marks, striped shirts and hats, and one having a nice mustache just looked at the two motivators from behind the merchandise table. The shaved one tossed his hooves in the air, "Great! Now how are we supposed to sell "Soaring Will" merch, now!"

Iron looked to them, "Not now Flim and Flam, our time will come when the danger is away."

PreviousChapters Next