• Published 4th Jan 2015
  • 2,680 Views, 108 Comments

Quest For Equestria - Skyguy626



No two Worlds are the same... Neither are two people. Now enjoy this odd mix.

  • ...
63
 108
 2,680

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 12: It's Time To Duel!

"Hmmm, so good." McGrath said, after finishing his morning coffee, placing the dirty mug in the sink. Turning around, he sees two big blue eyes staring at him.

"Goood morning!" Pinkie said, as she bounced around him.

"Yeah you too." McGrath said, but she kept staring at him. "What!?"

Pinkie gave him a mischievous grin "I have been wondering. What kind of mare are you into?" she asked him. He turned around "I'm not into mares." answered her as Pinkie gave him an understanding look. "Oooh! That's cool. I'm totally okay that your into stallions!" she said giving him a warm smile. McGrath turned his head to look at her, "I'm not into mares or stallions!" he shouted as Fluttershy entered.

"Oh, uhm... Good morning." she said with a small voice, McGrath and Pinkie returned it. The other guys enter the kitchen, greeting everybody good morning, and starting to make breakfast.

Fluttershy looked around "Uhm... Where is Skywalker? If you don't mind me asking..." she said as the guys and Pinkie look at her, making her blush.

"He's at Twilight's I think." Griffifth said taking a bite out of his sandwich.

"He spends a lot of time with her haven't you notice?" Phoenix said drinking a glass of milk, leaving a milkstace. It takes a laugh from Pinkie for him to notice, "Do you guys think they're in love?" Pinkie giggled, making the guys think for a minute before they give a collective "No way!".

"What? Why not?" Pinkie asked as Fluttershy also gave a curios look.

Sutakira was the first to respond "Well... We have never seen him give ladies much interest."

"So he's gay?" Pinkie said, making McGrath face palm "What is it with you and thinking we're all gay!" he shouted.

A little while later, the gang meeted up with the rest as they walk over the Main Square were the magic show will be happening. They noticed Spike who saved seats for them in the front row.

Apparently some magic show show is going on, as a person... or pony one would say around these parts, voice coming from the stage is heard.

"Come one, come all! Come and witness the amazing magic of the Great and Powerful Trixie!" the voice said as smoke appeared on the stage.

"What is a Trixie?" Phoenix wondered.

Griffifth kept looking at the stage "Sounds like a stripper." he said with his deadpan voice.

Phoenix gained a big grin on his face "Wait, are we're going to see some pony strip?" he said with glee in his voice.

"That would be pointless and stupid." McGrath responded as a small explosion happened on stage and out of the smoke came a blue unicorn wearing a purple wizard cape and hat adorned with stars and moons.

The audience looked on in awe as the pony started to speak. "Watch in awe as the Great and Powerful Trixie performs the most spectacular feats of magic ever witnessed by pony eyes!" she struck a pose as fireworks and music started to play behind her.

"My, my, my! What boasting!" Rarity said, unimpressed by Trixie.

Skywalker looked at Rarity out of the corner of his eye "There's nothing wrong with being talented, is there?" he asked.

"Nothing at all, except when someone goes around showing it off like a school filly with fancy new ribbons." Applejack answered, joining the conversation. "Just because one has the ability to perform lots of magic does not make one better than the rest of us."

McGrath said without looking away from the stage "It kinda does." was all he could say before, before Rainbow joined in. "Especially when ya got me around being better than the rest of us!" the rest of the gang shook their head at Rainbow's remark.

Trixie heard some bits from their conversation "Well, well, well, it seems we have some neigh sayers in the audience. Who is so ignorant as to challenge the magical ability of the Great and Powerful Trixie? Do they not know that they're in the presence of the most magical unicorn in all of Equestria?" she declared, looking for a moment in the direction of the group.

"Just who does she think she is?" McGrath said, crossing his arms.

"Yeah!" Skywalker said, pointing over his shoulder, "Since we all know that Twilight here is..." he couldn't finish the sentence because Twilight stuffed one of her front hooves in his mouth. Damn... That's kinda slutty.

Twilight dragged him down as she gave him a pleading look. All Skywalker could say was a muffled "Geth yourh hoovhes aus ofh my mouth!" giving her an angry look.

She quickly removed it, "Did you see the way they reacted to Trixie?" she whispered to him, he gave her a node before she continued. "I don't want anyone thinking I'm a show-off." she said looking at the ground, making Skywalker nod his head.

Twilight and Skywalker stand back up, hoping none of their friends noticed what they did. "So, Great and Powerful Trixie, what makes you think you're so awesome, anyway?" Rainbow said, flying in front of Trixie. She scoffed "Heh, why, only the Great and Powerful Trixie has magic strong enough to vanquish the dreaded Ursa Major!" Trixie replied smugly as another round of music and fireworks happend behind her.

"A what?" Skywalker asked Twilight, but Fluttershy responded "A very large star bear." she said before turning her gaze to the ground blushing.

"Alright." Skywalker said as he took his phone, writing himself a personal note.

Note: Find a Ursa Major and fight it.

"No way!" a young male unicorn said.

Trixie took in the attention before she continued her "Epic" tale, "When all hope was lost, the ponies of Hoofington had no one to turn to, but the Great and Powerful Trixie stepped in, and with her awesome magic vanquished the Ursa Major and sent it back to its cave deep within the Everfree Forest!"

A young unicorn, by the name of Snips, said "That settles it."

"Trixie truly is the most talented, the most magical, the most awsome unicorn in Ponyville." another young unicorn said by the name of Snails? Who the hell names their kid like that!?

"No!" Snips said enthusiastically "In all of Equestria!", giving Trixie a look, kinda like some fan meeting his idol.

"How do you know?" Spike said to them, "You didn't see it! And besides, Twi..." he gets cut off by Phoenix who has something very imported to say, "She speaks in the third person! Which makes her a bad guy!" he declared, making the other guys face palm.

"It's true." Trixie said a smug smile gracing her face, "Trixie is most certainly the best in Ponyville." Suddenly, Trixie could hear someone laugh. It started out slow but soon turned into a laugh that could come straight out of the mout of a villain. "Right!" the laughing voice said.

Trixie smile disapeard as she scouted the crowd for the culprit "Don't believe the Great and Powerful Trixie?" unable to find the culprit.

"No!" the voice of McGrath shouted.

Trixie quickly regained her smug expression "Well then, I hereby challenge you, Ponyvillians... anything you can do, I can do better." she declared.

"If she's gonna sing, I'm shooting someone." McGrath said, giving Spike a weird smirk, making him feel in danger.

"Any takers? Anyone?" Trixie asked the crowd, but no responses, "Or is Trixie destined to be the greatest equine who has ever lived!?!" a third round of fire work and music happened. Letting her eye glide over the stage, she notice the gang. How you cannot notice them is a mystery even to me. "Hmm, how about... you!" pointed her front hoof at Skywalker.

Skywalker took a quick look to both his side before pointing at himself "Who? Me?" he asked.

"Yes you, hairless monkey." Trixie said, before gaining annoyed look from the guys. "Well, how about it? Hm? Is there anything you can do that the Great and Powerful Trixie can't?" she said as Skywalker jumped on the stage.

"How about a little magic duel?" Skywalker proposed, "I'm pretty good at fighting. If I say so myself."

Trixie gave him an approving nod "A magic duel? Excellent chose! But, no weapons only spells. Victory is achieved when the opponent is unable to fight, forfeits or leave's the stage. Also, this won't be a duel to the death, Trixie wouldn't want to kill such a rare specie's. Is this agreeable to you?" she said taking a bow, as is customary before a duel.

Skywalker took a bow himself "Of course, M'lady. Bring it on!" taking his fighting stance.

Trixie gave a small chuckle before firing a purple beam of magic at Skywalker, at the last possible minute, he stepped a side using his super speed, making it look as if he teleported.

She was slightly shocked at his speed, but quickly composed herself and started to fire more purple magic beams at Skywalker. All of them ended with similar result as Skywalker darted around her. Using all those stun spells in such quick succession tired her out very quickly.

"Maybe you need to practice a little more." Skywalker suggested friendly, dodging another magic beam.

"The Great and Powerful Trixie dislike you." Trixie said, trying to keep her aim.

Skywalker crossed his arms "Tell it to the cleaning lady on Monday." he said confusing Trixie. "What?" she aksed.

"Because you'll be dust by Monday." Skywalker stated, making her even more confused. "Because you'll be pulverized in two seconds. And the cleaning lady, she cleans up... dust. She dusts." mimics the hand movement one use to dust something.

"...S-so." Trixie asked still confused, "What's on Monday?" this made Skywalker think for a few seconds.

"Because..." He started, as he continued "It's Sunday now, so... Monday. Right?" gave a look at the guys who just shrug.

Trixie scoffed "Hah! How can you claim your winning? You haven't use a single spell!" just as she said that, Skywalker launched a lightning bolt at her, missing.

"You missed!" Trixie smiled smugly charging another spell, but he interrupted "I wasn't aiming at you".

Skywalker crossed his arms, as the floor Trixie stood on started to crack. Looking around her, she notice that the spells she tried to use on him had burned a circle around her and Skywalker's lightning bolt destroyed the last spot needed to make it break. Trixie screamed as she fell through the stage, as Skywalker approached the hole "You left the stage! That make's me the winner by ring out, right?" he yelled into the hole. "This isn't over!" Trixie's voice is heard, "The Great and Powerful Trixie will be back!" she said climbing out from under the stage, as she saw Skywalker leaving, as his friends followed him.

"Mark my words, monkey... I will have my revenge!" she shouted as everybody left.

The Heroes walked to Sugarcube Corner to celebrate the victory.

"Unbelievable!" Rainbow said excited.

"Heavens to Betsy!" Applejack said, giving Skywalker a smile "We knew you had ability, but not that much!" before Skywalker could respond Twilight jumped to his defense, "Please, please don't hate Skywalker! He just tried to." she started but the rest of the gang interrupted.

"Why, whatever do you mean, darling?" Rarity asked as they enter Sugarcube Corner and took a seat at a corner table.

"Well..." Twilight started as Pinkie returned with cupcakes for everybody, "I know how much you all hated Trixie's boasting about her powers, and I just thought..." everybody looked at her for a seconded before they all burst out in laughter. "W-What's so funny?" Twilight ask, nothing getting why their laughing.

"Magic's got nothing to do with it." Rainbow started taking a bite from her cupcake. "Trixie's just a loudmouth." Phoenix said as he patted Twilight on the back.

"So..." Twilight said, as Pinkie returned with mugs of warm chocolate. "You don't mind my magic tricks?" blew over her cup, trying to cool the hot liquid down.

"Your magic is a part of who you are, and we like the you who you are." Skywalker said giving her a kind smile, "We're proud to have such a powerful, talented unicorn as our friend."

This made Twilight blush turning her eyes to the mug before looking up "And I'm proud to be your friend." she said with a smile.

They stayed till Celestia's sun started to go down and Luna's moon to rise, saying their goodbye's the Heroes separated, deciding to meet up again tomorrow so Twilight could show them some magic tricks.

PreviousChapters Next