• Published 4th Jan 2015
  • 2,682 Views, 108 Comments

Quest For Equestria - Skyguy626



No two Worlds are the same... Neither are two people. Now enjoy this odd mix.

  • ...
63
 108
 2,682

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 83: I Thought You Liked Me

Early in the morning in Ponyville, Twilight, McGrath, Griffifth, Phoenix, Applejack, and Sutakira were walking to Sugarcube Corner. "Has anybody heard from Pinkie since yesterday?", Applejack asked but none of them had, all they know was that Pinkie had said to meet her early in the morning. "I don't see what's so important we had to meet her here this early. The sun isn't even up yet!", McGrath complained as they arrived at Sugercube Corner.

After knocking on the door, they heard a muffled crash and Pinkie quickly opened it, pushing them inside, saying there was no time to lose. In the kitchen, the entire room was filled with diamonds of all colors. "What the hell is this about, Pinkie?", Griffifth said as he looked at his pink friend. "My sister Maud's gonna be here in a few days, and I need your help taste-testing my rock candy recipes!", Pinkie explained.

"No offence, Chuckles. But I'm not looking forward to seeing a second you.", Phoenix said, making the others wonder why, "Because there is only one real Chuckles! And the last time there were more of you... McGrath became victim of attempted rape."

The other thing they noted was that there was a whole lot of candy, even for someone like Pinkie, and even with all of them, they couldn't make a dent in the mountain of candy rocks. When Pinkie asked if they were ready for more, the others gave a collective groan. "I think we have had plenty. And shouldn't you be on your way to pick up Maud from the train station?", Sutakira said, rubbing his stomach.


Meanwhile over at the guys house, Skywalker was sitting alone in the living room watching some television and eating his cereal before Rainbow came flying in. "Hey Jason, have you seen anybody?", she asked but he showed her a note. Looking it over as she began to read the curved handwriting.

Dear Skywalker and/or Rainbow Dash, which of the two find this first.
We're all... Uhm... Doing stuff at that one place...
Shut up, Kyle! Of course they believe this! We all know Rainbow Dash is not all that smart and Skywalker is thick as... Well, this is brilliant!... Don't argue when I'm holding a gun to your head!
Oh, right. Anyways, we won't be back until late tonight... So have fun!

- McGrath.
PS: Condoms are in the top drawer.

"Guess we're alone for today...", Rainbow said, her friend agreeing with her, "So what do you want to do?". Skywalker suggested that they could watch a movie or some TV, she agreed and they decided to watch some Game Of Thrones.

When Skywalker gets up to go with Rainbow Dash to the kitchen to pop some popcorn, she hears a jingling sound. "Oh, it's just this.", he said showing her a charm necklace. Rainbow immediately recognized it, it was the charm she gave him so long ago. "Wait, you still have that charm I gave you?", she asked, he explained that he really liked it and Rainbow's mind goes back to when she gave him that necklace all those years ago.

Skywalker just had his mental block removed, Rainbow had stayed with him the entire time, watching over him. He tried to say something but all that came out of his mouth were some dried sounds, his throat to dry too speak. Rainbow gave a chuckle handing him a bottle of water, which he gratefully accepted, drinking all of its contend in one go. "Thank's Dashie.", he said placing the now empty bottle on the night stand.

"Wow, you were thirsty." she said as she took a seat next to him on the bed, "Actually, I have something else for you.". She showed him a small box, she looked at his questioning look before answering, "I was originally going to give you this for Hearts and...", she gained a small blush before continuing, "Uhm... for a special holiday. But seeing as you were such a big boy during your mental block removal, your getting it early." she finished placing the small box in his lap.

Picking it up, Skywalker open it under the hopeful gaze of Rainbow, inside the box there was a necklace, as the end there was a lightning bolt charm in his favorite color, blue. Skywalker smiled at his present, "Thanks, Dashie." his voice still a little raspy from the dryness, "I really like this.", to her embarrassment, he pulled her into a hug as a thank you. "Okay, relax." Rainbow said patting him on the back, "It's not like I like you or anything.", she was secretly blushing, taking in the scent of his hair, it smelled just like cotton candy.


Back in the present day, Rainbow didn't say anything, but she felt touched that he kept it after all that time. She expected him to lose it after a few weeks, but instead he held on to it. "Thanks...", she said quietly. "You okay, Dashie?", he asked snapping her out of her thoughts. Rainbow quickly said she was, wondering why she wouldn't be. "Well, no offense, but you seem a bit off.", Skywalker said as he tilts his head sideways, but Rainbow quickly dived into the kitchen to make some popcorn, leaving Skywalker confused.

"Dashie never acts this funny. Must be something bothering her.", Skywalker pondered, Rainbow was listening to him and was about to go back to say something, but only goes back inside the kitchen, press herself against the wall, and breathe heavily to the mistake that she nearly made. "You idiot! You nearly blew it! All because of some charm that Jason kept for so long, you nearly ruined your friendship!", she takes a peek at him and sees that Skywalker is looking through his television show collections for Game Of Thrones.

Rainbow Dash retired to the kitchen, where she was safely out of earshot. After setting the microwave to pop the popcorn, she waits for about two and a half minutes, then she takes the popped snack out of the microwave, pours it into a bowl, and returns to the living room to serve the snack. "Popcorn's ready!", she said holding up the bowl, "You know. I still have the phone you gave me...", He gave her a slight smirk, as if he was not believing her, but Rainbow showed it to him, apparently keeping it in her hammer-space.

Skywalker were surprised to see that it was in perfect condition, not even yellowed at all. It seems that she takes this special as much as he does with her charm. "Aw, it's nothing, really. Alright, let's go watch some Game Of Thrones. Besides, the popcorn must be getting cold."

A little while later, the two best buds were sitting on the couch watching Game Of Thrones, and much to his shock he saw something he wasn't expecting. "Wait, what? Is that the Night's King? He's real?", Skywalker said and Rainbow gave a low 'yes', "How does the TV version of Game of Thrones manage to spoil the books!?", at this his friend started to let out an evil laugh, which in his opinion sounded completely adorable. "You no longer have any power here, your foreknowledge can't protect you any more. Now you'll know what it's like to be powerless, to live in fear of the spoiler. I am the master now!", Rainbow exclaimed dramatically, but Skywalker didn't looked phased.
"... Tyrion dies in book five.", he replied giving his friend a light heart attack.

"Seriously though, do you think I have a shot with Fluttershy?", Skywalker asked, but his friend didn't took it seriously at all. She burst out into laughter before saying, "Fluttershy is so far out of your league, you would need eight gym badges just to challenge her to a Pokemon Battle.", he crossed his arms and pouted at this, which she had to admit look completely adorable. "Whatever. I like my women like I like my games: Chal...", he started but Rainbow interrupted him, "Priced at sixty dollars? Voiced by Troy Baker? Imported from Japan? Pre-owned? Sold in bundles?", after finally stopping with her laughter, she turned seriously, "Well, I don't know. I think you should just go for it, I just have faith in you. You always seem to pull through anything, no matter how hard it is. And besides, I think she has a crush on you since the beginning."

"What? And you didn't bother to inform me?", Skywalker exclaimed, she responded with with a smile, saying that everyone knew that Fluttershy had a crush on him since day one, well, everyone but him. "Thank's Dashie. Your the best friend a guy could ask for.", he replied sarcastically, though she is his best friend. "I know, I know. I am amazing.", she waved it off, but thanks to her waving, she nearly fell to the ground, but Skywalker caught her. His face only a few inches away from her.

Suddenly the door opened, showing a shocked looking Fluttershy standing there. She had finally called upon all her courage to confess her feelings to Skywalker, but she wasn't expecting the scene before her. Skywalker seeing Fluttershy's face, he realize that a tear was forming in her eyes.

"I thought you liked me...", Fluttershy said, barely audible, before the two could say anything, she spoke once again, "I thought you liked me...", she said more clearly this time. Skywalker and Rainbow realized how much this affected her, but before they could explain, Fluttershy rushed outside and started to fly away, leaving Skywalker and Rainbow dumbfounded. "we should look for her. I think she's taking this more personal than anybody would.", he said and his friend nodded, following him outside.

PreviousChapters Next