• Published 4th Jan 2015
  • 2,679 Views, 108 Comments

Quest For Equestria - Skyguy626



No two Worlds are the same... Neither are two people. Now enjoy this odd mix.

  • ...
63
 108
 2,679

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 15: Evil Zebra Reaction Squad Part 1

Skywalker took a walk towards Twilight, he wanted to ask if she has found something about the mental block. On his way he run into Fluttershy, who was feeding a duck family.

"Good morning, Fluttershy!" Skywalker said as he walked up next to her. Turning her head, she notice who called out to her, she started to blush furiously. "Oh, morning Skywalker. Where are you going this early in the morning?" she asked, as Skywalker returned the smile, "I'm off to see Twilight." Skywalker answered, Fluttershy turned from him, looking at the ground "Of course. Your always with Twilight or Rainbow..." she muttered, not loud enough for Skywalker to hear. "Um, W-Why do you hang out with Twilight so much, Skywalker? Um, I-If you don't mind me asking." she asked in her normal shy tone, still not facing him. "I apparently have this mental block in my head, she's helping my find a way to get rid of it." he answered, Fluttershy seemed somehow relieved at his answer.

"Oh, he Fluttershy. About Gilda." Skywalker started, gaining a worried look from her "Don't worry your pretty little head about mean old Gilda, alright? Your big brother Skywalker took care of it. See ya!" he gave her a pat on the head before running off.

"...I'm a year older than you." Fluttershy muttered, then she realized something he said "He did say I have a pretty head..." she smiled.

"Sky? Skywalker?" a voice called to him, Skywalker lifted his head, "What?" he muttered, rubbing his eyes. For the last two hours, he and Twilight have been researching all the books in the library about mental blocks. "You fell asleep." Twilight said sitting across from him. "Are you alright?" she as, Skywalker quickly nodded. "Everything is fine. I just didn't get any sleep last night." he said as he picked up the next book. "I could use a spa day. Unfortunate there isn't one in Ponyville."

Twilight looked up from her book "There is." she said, gaining a questing look from Skywalker, "Right on the Main Square."

"How come I haven't noticed it before?" Skywalker asked as Twilight resumed her reading ""It's right next to the book store." she said as Skywalker said "Oh that would explain it." he picked up the next book and started to skim through it. A few pages in he notice a illustration depicting a earth pony, a pegasi, a unicorn, a alicorn and something that could be best described a pony as a male alicorn, but instead of a single horn on the center of the head, it had two horns similar like those on a bull on either side of its head. The inscription said 'Bicorn', thinking nothing on it he closed the book and stood up.

"Ugh! Enough reading for today!" he said stretching his back and looking outside, "Come on, it's a gorgeous day!", Twilight gave it some thought, before nodding "Yeah, maybe some fresh air will help us come up with some idea's. I bet all of Ponyville is going to be out enjoying the sunshine." she said standing up to join him "And beside, Spike could use some fresh air.

And so Skywalker, Twilight and Spike took a stroll through Ponyville, enjoying the sunlight on their skin.

"Rainbow Dash must have gotten up early for once and cleared all the clouds away." Spike said as he sat on Twilight's back.

"That's as likely as McGrath giving a genuine smile." Skywalker said as he took a look around, just now noticing that they haven't run into anybody yet. "Where is everybody?" he said looking around. Twilight and Spike looked around them self but they couldn't find anyone either.

"Is it..." Spike started "Zombies?!" gaining a groan from Twilight and Skywalker. "Uh... not very likely." Twilight said, gaining a worried look from Spike. "Not likely... but possible?" he asked, Skywalker just shrug his shoulders "I'm not scared of zombies." he stated gaining a chuckle from Twilight. "There isn't much that scare's you, isn't there?" she said as they heard someone whisper to them "Psst! Skywalker! Twilight! Spike!" they turn their head to the source and see Pinkie in the door opening of Sugarcube Cornor waving them over, "Come here! Come! Here! Hurry! Before she gets you!" she whispered as Skywalker, Twilight and Spike walked inside.

As they enterd the shop, Pinkie closed the door behind them, snuffing out the last light.

"Pinkie, what are you doing here alone in the dark?" Skywalker asked as his eyes got use to the dark.

"I'm not alone in the dark." Pinkie said as she walked to the rest of the Harmonic Heroes plus Applejacks little sister, who were sitting at their usual spot.

"Okay then, what are you all doing here in the dark?" Skywalker corrected himself as he raised an eyebrow. "We're hiding from her!" Applejack said, pointing at a window covered by a curtain. Pulling it aside, Skywalker took a peek outside, noticing a pony looking around dressed in a cloak. Putting the curtain back, he turned to address the group, he felt someone pull at his jeans. "Did you see her Skyguy?" Applebloom asked him, "Did you see Zecora?" she finished as he got pulled away by Applejack who looked her straight in the eye.

"Applebloom!" Applejack said, "I told you to never say that name!" as she said that Phoenix scoffed earning him an death glare from her.

"What will happend then?" Phoenix said as he relaxed in his chair, "We all die? She knows where we are?" he gave a chuckled as Skywalker continued. "Well, I saw her glance this way and then a bunch of you flip out for no good reason." Skywalker said gaining a death glare from Applejack. "No good reason!?" She said, pulling Applebloom into a big hug "You call protecting your kin no good reason? Why as soon as my sister saw Zecora riding into town, she started shaking in her little horseshoes!".

Applebloom groaned as she pulled herself from her sister's hug. "AJ, I'm not a baby! I can take care of myself!" she said, annoyed by her sisters over-protectiveness. "Not from that creepy Zecora." Applejack responded.

"I think she's a zebra." Skywalker said looking out of the window.

"I've never seen a pony like that in these parts." Applejack said, "Except... her!".

"Well, she's probably not from here." Twilight explained, "And she's not a pony. My book says that zebras come from a far away land." she finished as Griffifth responded "...Africa?" he suggested gaining a questing look from the girls.

"But I've never seen her in Ponyville. Where does she live?" Twilight asked. "That's just it, she lives in..." Applejack stoped, for a dramatic pauze. "The Everfree Forest!" she said but she didn't got the shock from the group she was expecting.

"That weird forest where we battled Nightmare moon?" Skywalker asked, gaining a energetic nod from Pinkie.

"And that wicked enchantress Zecora lives there doing her evil... stuff!" Pinkie said.

"This is all just a lot of gossip and rumors." Twilight said, "Now tell me; what exactly have you actually seen Zecora do?" she asked as the girls started to think. "Well..." Rainbow began, "Once a month, she comes into Ponyville. Then, she lurks by the stores. And then, she digs at the ground."

"Good gracious!" Twilight said dramatically before continuing in her normal tone, "Okay, I'm sorry. But how is any of this bad? Maybe she comes to town to visit." she said, gaining an approving nod from Skywalker. "Yeah! Maybe she's just tryin' to be neighborly." Applebloom chipped in.

"And maybe she's not lurking by the stores, maybe she's going to them, lurk free, to do some shopping?" Skywalker suggested.

"You know what I think?" Applebloom said, but Applejack interrupted her "Applebloom! Hush and let the big ponies talk." she said gaining an angry look from her little sister, "I am a big pony!" she said but the 'adults' continued talking.

"I am sure there is an explanation for everything Zecora does." Twilight said after much discussing, "And if anypony here were actually brave enough to approach her, she would find out the truth." she finished. "Well I'm brave enough; I'm gonna find out myself." Applebloom said, exiting the store, none of the 'adults' notice it except Skywalker who goes after her.

"You ponies are being ridiculous!" Phoenix said, annoyed by all the ridicules reasons the girls are scared of Zecora.

"Well, I heard that Zecora eats hay." Pinkie gave as an counter argument.

"You eat hay!" Phoenix stated, making Pinkie thing about her response. "Yeah..." she said slowly before saying "But she its it the evil way!"

Sutakira gave a deep sigh, before noticing that they were missing someone.

"Where's Applebloom?" he asked, "And Skywalker?"

Snapping everyone out of the discussion, they look around and noticed the open door.

"They must be outside!" Rarity said, before her voice betrayed a hint of panick "And Zecora's still out there!"

They all rushed outside, but before she exited Twilight turned to Spike "Spike, you stay here in case Apple Bloom and or Skywalker comes back." she said as Spike nodded.

Rushing through the Everfree Forest, further up the path, in the distance they saw Applebloom and Skywalker.

"Apple Bloom?" Applejack shouted, making the younger apple sister turn in surprise, "You get back here right now!".

They group caught up to them as McGrath started to shout at them and waging his finger, "Why did you run away!? You know how worried I was about you!" he suddenly realized how worried he sounded, quickly his expression returned to his usual emotionless one.

"Beware!" A voice spoke to them. Turning around, they saw Zecora standing at the other side of the flower bed they were currently in. "Beware, you pony and human folk! Those leaves of blue are not a joke!" she said as she continued her walk.

"Y-you keep your creepy mumbo-jumbo to yourself, ya hear?" Applejack said, trying to sound though.

"Yeah, back at ya, Zecora!" Rainbow said brashly, "You and your... lame curse are the ones who better beware!" smiling as Zecora seemingly retreating.

"And you!" Applejack said, turning to her sister, "Why couldn't you just listen to yer big sister?"

Applebloom tried to explain but he sister cut her off. "Who knows what kind of nasty curse Zecora could have just put on you?" she said as she check Applebloom for anything that could be wrong with her.

"There's no such thing as curses." Skywalker said rolling his eyes, gaining a chuckle from Rainbow "Well, that's interesting to hear coming from Mr Sunlight himself."

"My power, real power, comes from within." Skywalker stated as he placed his hand on his left chest, "It's a skill I'm born with. And a genetic mutation with in my genes."

Twilight nodded "Curses are artificial, fake magic." she added, "It's conjured with potions and incantations; all smoke and mirrors meant to scare. But curses have no real power." she finished as they started to head back to Ponyville.

"Just you wait." Applejack said to Skywalker and Twilight, "You're gonna learn that some pony tales really are true."

Skywalker gave her a cocky smile, "Like Nightmare Moon?"

After saying goodbye to everyone, Skywalker headed to Sugarcube Cornor.

"Hmmm, maybe chocolate?..." he discussed with himself what kind of cupcake to buy, "No, I already had on this morning. A strawberry one then?" his thought was disturbed by a loud gasp.

"No! WAY!" A voice shouted from behind.

"Huh?" Skywalker said as he turned around and see's a mint green unicorn with a light blue and white mane, looking at him with the expression of a fangirl meeting her favorite idol.

"Hello." Skywalker started, a little uncomfortable, before he could say anything else the mint colored unicorn shouted "OMIGOSH a real live talking HUMAN!" she said excited as kept staring at Skywalker with that same unnerving expression of adoration.

"Right... Do you have a name to go by?" Skywalker asked, gaining a big smile from the mint green pony. "My names Lyra." she answered.

"Hi Lyra... Can I help you?..." Skywalker started again, "I just wanted to talk to you!" Lyra interrupted him again, "I've always dreamed of meeting a human! Ever since I first saw MLH: FIS on TV." she told him excited.

"MLH... FIS?" Skywalker asked her slowly.

"Yeah, you know." Lyra started, "My Little Human: Friendship is Science! It's an awesome show about Five humans living in a town called Humanville." she explained in a matter of fact tone, Skywalker. "I've been a broman since the very first episode! Bon Bon says it's just for foals but I don't know WHAT'S wrong with her, It's the best show EVER!" she said as Skywalker replied slowly "No... The best show ever is Heroes."

"You kinda look like Air Runner." Lyra noted, gaining a confused look form Skywalker, "The coolest of coolest human in the entire show. Are you from Humanville?" she asked.

Skywalker shook his head before answering "Uh, well I don't think there's a place called 'Humanville' and I've never even heard of the show."

Lyra gave a loud gasp, as if she made some big mistake, "Oh no! So you didn't even know that your whole world is a work of fiction? Oh stupid, stupid Lyra! Why did I have to open my big mouth!" she said sorrowfully.

"Princess Celestia knew about Earth." Skywalker said as he took all she said in, "Which probably means that humans have been here before. The ponies who made the show probably just heard about humans from some ancient history books or something and decided to make a show about it." he explained, calming Lyra down.

"But how did you get to Equestria? OOH! Are there more of you?" she asked him excited. "With me there are five." Skywalker answered.

"Oh, I love to talk more to you, but I have to go now." Lyra said, "See you later, Walker!" gives him a hug before running off.

"Hmmm... A show called My Little Human?" Skywalker said to himself, "Sutakira load up the trailer!..." he said, but he forgot that everybody already went home. "Just becaush your not here doesn't mean you can't listen!" Skywalker said, continuing his way to Sugarcube Cornor.

PreviousChapters Next