• Published 4th Jan 2015
  • 2,679 Views, 108 Comments

Quest For Equestria - Skyguy626



No two Worlds are the same... Neither are two people. Now enjoy this odd mix.

  • ...
63
 108
 2,679

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 10: A Royal Invitation

A whole week past with nothing worth of note. The gang has integrated quite well into Ponyville society very well. Using their extraordinary abilities, they helped the people with their day to day problems, both big and small. Putting out fire's, stopping local crime, they have become quite the local heroes.

All week long, there was no word from the Princess. The Heroes figured that, with ruling over the country and all that, she couldn't give all her attention to figuring out a way home for them.

It wasn't until Sunday eve, that they heard from her.

During the night, the guys are gathered in the living room, watching some TV.

"Jorah's armor looks oddly familiar, doesn't it?" Phoenix noted, taking a sip from his soda. "It's Northerner armor." Sutakira said in a matter of fact tone, gaining questioning looks from the other guys.

"Jorah was a knight of the North until he was exiled, and he would naturally bring along the armor he possessed before his exile." Sutakira explained. A knock is heard from the front door, "Who visits during this time of night?" Griffifth said as Skywalker got op and walked to the door to see who it is.

Opening, he sees Twilight standing there "Good evening, Sky. Sorry for coming over unannounced and at this time of night." she started to apologize, but Skywalker gave her a smile "No worries. You, the other girls and Spike are always welcome. Come on in." stepping outside, allowing Twilight to enter.

As they head to the living room, Twilight greeted the others taking a seat between Phoenix and Griffifth. Skywalker offered her something to drink, she was fine with just some tea. After Skywalker returned with a nice warm cup of Jasmine tea, Twilight placed a sealed envelope on the table, obviously the reason why she is here. The guys gave her a questioning look, before she spoke up "The princess sent me a letter addressed to you guys. So I thought it was best to give it to you right away." she explained. The letter was indeed addressed to the residents of to Shoveitupyourass Street 15. Sutakira opened the envelope and started to read the contents out loud.

Dear residents of Shoveitupyourass Street 15.

I hope everything is going well.

I am unfortunate to report that I haven't found a way back home for you yet. I have theories, but nothing concrete yet.

I also would like to invite Jason Skywalker to join me for a meeting in Chanterlot Castle, for tomorrow afternoon at 15:30.

A royal guard will be waiting for you in front of Canterlot Station at 15:10 to escort you to the castle. Know that this is not a sign of distrust, while you have proven yourself to be a capable fighter, some of the nobility are nervous about the possibility of humans returning to Equestria.

If this time or date are inconvenienced for you, please have Twilight sent a letter with the earliest possible date and time.

Sincerely, Princess Celestia, co-ruler of the Kingdom of Equestria.

As the Sutakira finished the latter, all of them had one question in mind, why would the Princess wanna talk to Skywalker in privet?

So the next day, Skywalker took the from Ponyville station at 14:40, a half hour later, he arrived at Canterlot Station. Looking on his phone it said he was two minutes early, he walked to the front as male unicorn approached him. Even from a distance, Skywalker could tell that the unicorn was in excellent condition. His coat was white, his long blue mane was falling neatly over his shoulders.

"Well, you arrived early." the guard said with a kind voice, offering his hoof as a form of greeting. Skywalker shook his hoof, "Jason Skywalker, so I assume you must be my escort."

The guard gave him a nod before saluting "Shining Armor, Captain of the Royal Guard, Pleasure to make your acquaintances." motioning to follow him.

"So... What did you do to get assigned to this crappy job?" Skywalker asked as they walked through Chanterlot. Shining Armor turned to him, giving him a insulted look. Skywalker catches on to his mistake quickly corrected himself "I didn't mean that your job is crappy. I meant what did you do to get stuck having to escort me?".

Shining Armor's expression returned to his normal kind self "Nothing. I heard that you fought hoof-to-hoof with Nightmare Moon who, according to legends, is as powerful as Princess Celestia herself. So I was curious who this powerful warrior could be. But, no offence, you seem just like a normal kid. How old are you, if you don't mind me asking?"

They pass through the Castle Garden, Skywalker responded "No worries, no offence taken. And as for my age, I'm currently sixteen, but I'm turning seventeen this June fifteen."

This made Shining Armor chuckle, making Skywalker wonder what's so funny. Noticing his look, Shining Armor said "I'm sorry, but your only a month older than my little sister." he explained as they arrived at garden table with appropriate chair.

"Well this is were the Princess told me to bring you." Shining Armor said as Skywalker looked around "Speaking of which, she should be here any minute now. I have too check up on a few other duties, if you need anything just give a yowler."

Skywalker nodded, as Shining Armor took his leave.

A few minutes pass, and Skywalker couldn't help the feeling that he is being watched, from where he didn't know. As Skywalker stood up to investigate, as Princess Celestia came walking up to him. "Good afternoon, Lord Skywalker." she said as Skywalker made a small bow, as a sign of respect. She chuckled as he motioned him to sit.

"I apologize for being late, some representatives from Manehatten were unhappy about a recent decision." sitting down herself as a servant brought them a tray of tea and a variety of sandwiches.

"Taxes are the leading cause of trouble. I bet that's the problem." Skywalker stated, making Celestia giggle. "You have a wonderfully simple view of politics." she said smiling at him, "It terrifies me how you're right about that statement. But I haven't invented you over to discuss politics." she said adding some sugar to her tea.

Skywalker himself took a bite from a sandwich "I figure as much. What did you invite me for?"

Celestia swirled her tea, taking a sip before answering "Yes, I wanted to talk about the battle you fought against Nightmare Moon." Skywalker waiting were she was going with this. "As you may have noticed, alicorn's like me and Luna are worshiped as physical goddesses. Even top tier unicorns are low tier compared to alicorn's. I'm curious as to why you could be able to fight on equal hoof with Nightmare Moon, while your holding back much of your power?" she concluded as she sipped her tea. Skywalker himself drink his own before answering "Who says I'm holding back?" he asked. Celestia stood up and turned to him "Then would you care for a little sparing match?" she said walking to a more open space of the garden.

Skywalker would never back down form a challenge, stood up and walked towards her "I don't see why not?" standing in front of her.

Celestia gave a small bow as her horn glowed, using her magic to create a yellow energy sword. Skywalker grabbed his own weapon, clicking it and taking his fighting stance. Skywalker decided to take the initiative and started to attack. He gave a heavy cross slash, but Celestia parried it, unbalancing Skywalker for a few seconds. Regain his footing, Skywalker resumed the offence and attacked with a flurry of quick blade swings, Celestia parrying all of his attacks. Skywalker quickly figured out what her style was. Unlike his own, which focused on strong fast strikes, with the occasional counter to create openings. Celestia style on the other hand was all about defending, she watched for attacks, countering them or side stepping accordingly creating openings or tiring her opponent out.

A it when on for about fifteen minutes, with Celestia parring all of Skywalker's attacks, she called a time out. Skywalker deactivating his sword and placing it on his belt and took a seat on the stairs. Celestia herself dispelled her magic sword and walked up to him "See? If you wouldn't have hold back, my defense would have been broken in the first two minutes." she stated as Skywalker looked to the ground.

Celestia started to think, before speaking up again "Sky... If you wish, I could train you." Skywalker looked up at her "Why would you do that?" he asked her as Celestia took a seat next to him.

"Your currently wasting your potential. You could be so much more than you are now. I would hate to see it go to waste." she said with a motherly tone to her voice.

Skywalker turning his gaze towards the horizon, taking a few minutes to think it over. Looking back up, Skywalker looked into Celestia's magenta colored eyes with his own amber, his mouth started to speak "When do we start?".

Author's Note:

Just having some character development.
Can you guess which TV show the guys where watching when Twilight visited?:rainbowkiss:
Any leave a commend and have a good day (or night).

PreviousChapters Next