• Published 4th Jan 2015
  • 2,679 Views, 108 Comments

Quest For Equestria - Skyguy626



No two Worlds are the same... Neither are two people. Now enjoy this odd mix.

  • ...
63
 108
 2,679

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 40: Fellowship In Ruin

The cave calmed down and the dust settled, Fluttershy had closed her eyes, frozen in fear. She had expected for a boulder to crush her but that never came, though she felt like something or someone had held her in a tight embrace. She opened her eyes for a brief moment, to see that it was Skywalker holding her, using his own body as a shield to protect her.

"You alright?" he asked her, giving her a quick check up, as side from some lost feathers she seemed fine. After giving him a nod, Skywalker turned around as his eyes gave of a pale blue light. This indicated that he used his X-ray vision to look for his other friends, noticing that none were crushed under a boulder.

"Fluttershy and I are okay." he shouted, loud enough for them to hear but just quite enough to not cause another cave in. "Is everybody alright?". The voice of Twilight spoke up from behind one of the caved in tunnels, "Sutakira and I are here!".

"Pomme, Moody, Diva and me are fine." Phoenix voice came from another wall, followed by Griffifth's, "I'm here with Big Mac, the Pink Weirdo and the Rainbow Jerk!".

Before any of them could respond to his response, Pinkie shouted, "How dare you call Rainbow Dash a Pink Weirdo!", the gang let out a collective sigh. "Anyway..." Skywalker said looking at the orb, "Move deeper into the caves! It looks like there's an opening near the exit where all the tunnels meet. We'll meet there and get out of here. Be careful, I have a bad feeling about it!", he shouted placing the orb back into his pocket... Still don't know how he does it.

What none of them knew was that the true cause of the cave in was observing them. "Yes, now its time to have some fun." The Changeling chuckled, as each took the form of one of the heroes.

Making there way to the meet up point, Skywalker and Fluttershy could hear the voices of Sutakira and Twilight from the other side of the wall. "Man, I can't stand that Skywalker. He's so full of himself!" the voice of Twilight said, making his face freeze in shock. "And what about Fluttershy?" Sutakira asked mockingly, making Fluttershy freeze in her place, "She's scared of her own shadow! She was useless to bring along.". Skywalker was baffled by this, "W-why would they say things like that?", he turned to his companion, but he could feel his heart shattered as he saw the tears forming in the yellow pegasi's eyes.

"...They are so dead..." Skywalker whispered in anger, as his eyes flashed red for a brief moment.

Meanwhile elsewhere in the caves, Twilight and Sutakira could hear the voices of Skywalker and Fluttershy just a little up a head.

"I can't stand Sutakira. He's such a know-it-all egghead!" Fluttershy taunted cruely, making Skywalker chuckles in amusement, "What about Twilight?" Skywalker asked, making the other companions stop in their track, "She's acting like she's in charge of this whole thing? Ha! Like she has the power to defeat anything. She's kidding herself!".

A few minutes and a whole lot of taunts later, everybody made it to the meeting point, each and everyone giving each other death glares.

"Finally! The exit!" Skywalker shouted happily. Twilight scoffed, making him turn his attention to her, "Oh look! We all found the exit without your 'power'!", she said tauntingly, but he could only smirk at her, "Have you come back from the dead?... Didn't think so!".

"Maybe you're really are full of yourself!" Rainbow shouted, before he could retort Sutakira interrupted them, "Stay out of this, Rainbow Dash! Oh, I'm sorry! Am I too much of an egghead for you? Should I use smaller words?" he asked sarcastically, making Rainbow shoot another death glare at him. "Well I'm just going to keep my mouth shut..." Pinkie said, flashing a glare of her own at Rarity, "I wouldn't want to annoy anyone.".

"And another thing." Rarity said, making everybody roll there eyes, "I am NOT afraid to get my hooves dirty... I just don't like it.", she informed them, making Big Mac scoff. "Well, I'm glad to hear that... Because they're dirty now." he said pointing to the floor and indeed Rarity was standing in a pool of goo.

"Uh... Guys?..." Twilight asked, as she looked up at the ceiling, "What has 8 legs, weaves web and is looming over us right now?".

The gang thought about it for a minute but Phoenix was the first to response, "Man-Spider?" he asked. Close enough... As the gang look up they saw five gigantic spiders looking over them!

"Actually, they'r giant tarantula's! I've heard about they're very even tempered for being a monstrous arachnid..." Fluttershy explained to the rest of the gang, as the gang of spiders climbed down from their web. Are you the egghead now?

"He's probably a big sweetie, just like the troll!" Fluttershy told them, but as she tried to pat them, the spiders let out an angry hiss and they leaped forward trying to bite her but Skywalker could pull her out of the way just in time. "Yep... Totally a big sweetie..." Skywalker said sarcastically, making the yellow pegasi blush in his arms, "...Or maybe not." she said weakly as the rest of the gang got ready in a fighting stance. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Pinkie run back into the cave, but he had no time to follow her as his other friends were in danger.

The leader spider turn his attention towards him, "You wanna get crazy!?" Skywalker asked, standing in between the leader and Fluttershy, "Lets get crazy!" he shouted blast the spider leader with a blast from his heat vision, sending it into a wall but it quickly got back on its feet.

Skywalker was ready to charge at the spider before the cave shook again, "PO-NAYS!" a voice shouted. Turning around they saw Pinkie riding back on the Troll from earlier. "PINKIE PONAY SAY FUZZY TEDDY BER IN 'ER!" it shouted, as it saw the spider leader, "FUZZY! I WIW' NAME HIM F'WUFFY!" it shouted as it dragged the spider leader back to his part of the cave.

"Bye, Jim! Thank you!" Pinkie thanked it, but that first part made McGrath raise his eyebrow, "You... Named the troll... Jim?". Pinkie had to giggle at his question before telling him that Jim was his name. Wondering how she knew that, she explained that she just asked.

And so the heroes found themselves back at the outside, all of them took a breath of fresh air.

"Wow, Chuckles." Phoenix said taking deep breathes, "that was some quick thinking!" he complimented her, but his face turn sour as he turned to a scoffing Rainbow, "Of course, we'd never had to go through any of this if we'd gone over the mountain...", she said rolling her eyes.

"I told you, over the mountain would have taken too long for most." Skywalker told her but his was interrupted by the scoff of Applejack, "I think you've just proven we can't trust you to make the decisions around here!", she said, gaining the young knight's attention.

"What did you say, AJ?" he said, turning his gaze towards her. "Well, mister 'let's go through the mountain,' I think someone else should be in charge of the map for a while. I vote me." she said, but this made Skywalker scoff, "I'm the one with the pockets to... somehow... store it. What are you going to do? Carry it around by your teeth?" he asked mockingly, as he stared her down.

"It's gotta be better than following YOUR directions." she said not standing down, staring right back at him. "You wanna have it? Come and TRY to take it!" Skywalker said challenging her,.

"Everybody just needs to take a deep breath and calm down... "I'm sure we can work this out...", Fluttershy spoke up, trying to dissolve the tense situation. "Work it out? Why? When some of you seem to think we wouldn't even get our hooves dirty to save our own sister? Hmpf!", Rarity said offended. "Listen all of you, I know how you must be feeling, Rarity, AJ and Big Mac." Skywalker spoke to the rest as Fluttershy stood behind him. Applejack responded angrily, having enough of it, "No, you don't know how this feels!", she corrected him, gaining a surprised look from her friends, "Your parents are dead! You have no family!".

Skywalker clenched his fist, his eyes flashing red showing how much that last comment had hurt him, "I'm going." he said turning around, "Let's go Fluttershy.". She gave one last look at her friends before turning around and quickly following the young knight. "Go and leave then!" Applejack shouted after them, "Rarity, McGrath, Phoenix and I can do this without you guys. Go home. We can save our sisters without your help OR your super powers.", she said as those she named followed her in the other direction. "Well, I have news for you! Sutakira and I don't need you!" Twilight said before teleporting both her and Sutakira away.

"Well, I guess it's just Dashie, Big Mac, Griff Griff and me!" Pinkie said with her normal smile, "Three ponies and a guy on an adventure!".

Griffifth looked at the place were Skywalker and Fluttershy had disappeared in, "Skywalker just left us with no map..." he said in disbelieve but Pinkie scoffed at this, "Pfft. Where we're going we don't need no stinking map!" she said bouncing along as they walked.

"We do need a map." Big Mac said in a serious tone. "We have no idea where we are.". This got another scoff from Pinkie, what is it with everybody scoffing today? "I know where we are." she said, gaining a puzzling look from her companions, "We're in the woods, silly." she exclaimed with a big smile. "I hate Mondays." Griffifth said as they continued their journey.

PreviousChapters Next