• Published 4th Jan 2015
  • 2,668 Views, 108 Comments

Quest For Equestria - Skyguy626



No two Worlds are the same... Neither are two people. Now enjoy this odd mix.

  • ...
63
 108
 2,668

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 67: Other World

Skywalker could not sleep that night, so he took a stroll through the castle. Much to his surprise he came across Big Mac playing with Sutakira.
Big Mac smirked as he used a card to intercept, Sutakira's attack, "Gloat all you like. I have this one.". Sutakira checked for a trigger but it wasn't there, "Are you sassing me? I didn't know you had it in you.", Sutakira asked as he checked for a Trigger, which wasn't there.
"Are you two playing nice?", Skywalker asked as he leaned against a pillar, crossing his arms.
"Skywalker, you know me! I always play nice.", Sutakira answered as he passed the turn to Big Mac, "Big Mac just need to come to terms with my inevitable victory. You'll feel much better.", he continued, feeling cocky he decided not to guard. That was a big mistake as Big Mac pulled a double Critical Trigger. "Really? Because I just won. And I feel fine.", Big Mac said with a satisfied smirk. "Please, don't get smug. There will be no living with you.", Sutakira said as he collected his cards, after saying goodnight to the two, he left to turn in for the night.

"I should turn in for the night as well...", Big Mac said as he collected his cards, "Unless you would care for a game?".
Skywalker uncrossed his arms, pulling a deck box from his pocket, "Bring it on." Shuffling their decks, the two friends looked at each others clan, Skywalker was surprised at which deck Big Mac was playing. His red friend was not. "I never figured you for a Royal Paladin player, Big Mac.", Skywalker said as he started his turn. "I know. Neo Nectar would fit me more, huh? I just like this playing style better. Is that the same reason you play them, Skywalker?", Big Mac asked, as he made his turn before passing it back to Skywalker. "Why yes. Though it seems the two of us play different variations of the same clan.". Big Mac gave a nod as he decided to guard the attack.


A few turns later, Skywalker and Big Mac were both equally matched, neither one gaining much advantage over the other. "You know, if the rumors about Sutakira and AJ are true...", Skywalker started as he called a unit to the Rear-Guard.
"They are true.", Big Mac said as he gave a bemused smile at his friend surprised expression. "... I really am blind to any kind of love...", the black haired guy muttered, "Anyway, that means you and me are the only two single guys in our friend group.", Skywalker said, passing the turn back to Big Mac. "What about Griffifth?", Big Mac asked bemused as his friend answered that Griffifth had just entered into a relationship with a certain someone.

After the two friends finished their game, they decided to call it a night. As they neared their sleeping quarters, the two saw someone slipping out of Skywalker's room. One thing they noted was that in the intruders saddlebag, the Element Of Unity was stored. "Hey you! Stop right there!", Big Mac said, making the thief flinch before she tried to make her escape. The two friends chased after her, dodging her magic blast she send after the two, or leaping over obstacles she moved in their ways. Unbeknownst to him, Griffifth came out a door which led to Celestia's room, before being knocked over by the thief. "The hell.", was all he could say before he saw Skywalker and Big Mac storm after the person who knocked him over. "What's going on, guys?", Griffifth asked as he joined the chase. "Griffifth! She's got the EoU!", Big Mac explained as he leaped over another obstacle. "How do you know the thief is a she?", Griffifth asked as he sliced an incoming cabinet in two with his claws. "I don't know!", Skywalker exclaimed as they chased the thief into a room.

As they cornered the thief, all that was behind her was a mirror, with out hesitation, she threw her saddle bag into mirror, which passed with a ripple effect. "What did you do!?", Skywalker demanded to know as the thief looked smugly at him. "Sorry it had to be this way! ... Ser Knight.", was all she said before entering the mirror herself, before anyone could stop her. Upon hearing the commotion the others arrived.
"Who was that?", Fluttershy asked as she looked bewildered at the mirror. Skywalker rolled his eyes before speaking up, "Thanks for the help guys! And yes who was that anyways?".

Not unexpected for any of them, it was Celestia who answered the question. "Sunset Shimmer. A former student of mine. She began her studies with me not long before Twilight. But when she did not get what she wanted as quickly as she liked, she turned cruel and dishonest.", the princess of the sun explained, surprising the others at the news that Celestia had an other apprentice. "So she is kinda like McGrath?", Spike said teasingly before being slapped on the back of his head by McGrath's tail.
"I tried to help her... But she eventually decided to abandon her studies and pursue her own path, one that has sadly led to her stealing the EoH.", Celestia continued.
"Alright, let's follow her and take Unity back.", Skywalker declared as the others nodded, as the portals to the other Worlds were still open he told his friends to get the ambassadors back to their World the next day.

"You'll soon know more about this place than even I do.", Celestia told him. "This is no ordinary mirror. It is a gateway to another World. A gateway that opens once every thirty moons." , Luna informed them, "It has always been kept in the throne room of Canterlot Castle. But when Princess Cadence took over the Crystal Empire, we sent it here for her to watch over.", the princess of the moon explained, gaining a puzzled look from Phoenix.
"Why would they do that!?", he shouted before Cadence spoke up. "Jason, you must use the mirror to go into this other World and retrieve your the EoU. Without it, we cannot open that chest and Equestria is left without one of its most important means of defense.". Phoenix shook his head before shouting, "How do YOU know that!?".
"Unity does not belong in the place Sunset Shimmer now calls home. And in her possession it will no doubt be used to bring harm to the inhabitants of this other realm. They will not have the power to defend themselves. You understand the importance of your task?", Celestia explained as Skywalker shrug his shoulders. "Yeah, Yeah, balance of the universe, yada, yada, yada. The usual junk.", Skywalker responded as he flexed his arms. "Lets go.", Skywalker said to his friends as they prepared to follow him. "I'm afraid I can't let you go.", Celestia said gaining a shocked look from the Harmonic Heroes. "Sending all of you could upset the balance of this alternate World. Creating havoc that would make it impossible for Skywalker to get Unity back from Sunset Shimmer. This is something Skywalker must do alone.", the ruler of the sun explained. The others were too busy protesting to notice Skywalker having an small break down at the thought of not having his friends with him.

"We're here and how much havoc did happened after that?", McGrath protested. Everybody had a few flashbacks of all the havoc that had happened ever since they had became friends. "... Never mind...", the brunette muttered as the others relented. "Time is of the essence. On the third month, when the moon reaches its peak in the night sky, the gateway will close, and once it does, it will be another thirty moons before you will be able to use it to return.", Luna explained, a hint of worry in her voice. "Don't worry. Sutakira, is the app ready?", Skywalker asked, his bluenette friend informing him it should. Before anyone could ask what he was talking about, Skywalker had whipped out his phone and pressed a button. A few seconds later, a portal opened and the Skybike came through it, stopping right in front of him. With one leap, Skywalker jumped on as he placed his helmet on his head. "Don't worry, I'll be back.", Skywalker said as he made his motorcycle let out a rev before riding towards the mirror, but unfortunately, Spike was admiring the bike, as one of his scales was now stuck on the seat, forcing Spike to go with him to the other World.



A few seconds later, the Skybike came to a halt. Taking off his helmet, Skywalker looked at the backseat but Spike wasn't there anymore. "Spike? You there buddy?", he asked as he stood up and saw a purple dog looking at him. "Spike?... Why are you a dog?". The former dragon, now dog looked himself over before answering, "No idea."
"Hm, maybe you made too much fun of Twily looking like that pet from LPS.", Skywalker suggested. The two wondered where they were, "Don't really know, but I don't think were in Kansas anymore, Toto... Where the fuck are we Toto?", Skywalker said as he approached the school like building, Spike following him. "My name is Spike! And what the buck is Kansas?", the purple dog said as the two entered the building.

Arriving in a large hall, Skywalker couldn't help but notice that it looked exactly like how a high school hall would look like, "This brings back memories...", Skywalker muttered when suddenly, a bell rings in the background. The hall was suddenly filled by what, Skywalker assumed to be students , but what surprised him most was that all of them had techni colored skins. "Whats wrong with there skin color?", Skywalker whispered to Spike, who gave him an odd look. "How it that different from yours?", the dog asked as Skywalker explained he had a peach color skin. "Why is it called peach?", the dog asked but Skywalker merely shrugged.

As the students made their way to the cafeteria, Skywalker started to explore the rest of the building, "I have a feeling I won't leave with my sanity intact...". Skywalker thought to himself, but a commotion brought him out of his pondering. A little further in the hallway, Skywalker saw two girl arguing, well the red headed one was shouting, while the pink haired one was barley talking back.
"...I'm really sorry. I just found it, and I thought I should give it to her. I didn't know you had dropped it.", the pink haired girl got out with difficulty but the red head just scoffed. "Well, I did! and I was about to get it before you swooped in and ruined everything! You shouldn't pick up things that don't belong to you.", the red head told her angrily. The pink haired muttered something enraging the red head even more.
"You really are pathetic. It's no wonder your best friends are all stray animals.", the red head talked down on the pink haired, nearly bringing her to tears.

"That's enough.", Skywalker declared angrily, he hated bullies with a passion. The two girls looked surprised as he stood between the two girls, looking down on the red head, he was a head taller than her. He had to admit, if the red head wasn't such a bitch, he might have found her attractive. "How dare you speak to her that way!", Skywalker demanded to know, the girl was surprised that someone dared to speak to her like that. "What did you say?", the red headed girl recovered quickly.
"I'm sorry, did I stutter or something? How dare you speak to her that way!", he repeated himself, making the red head scoff. "You must be new here, pretty boy. I can speak to anyone any way I want.", she replied with an evil smirk.
"I think you should leave before I lose my temper and you won't like me when I lose my temper.", Skywalker warned her as his eyes flashed red. The red headed girl let out a laugh, "Very scary those contact lenses. Also, the 80's called and even they don't want there stupid trend back.", she mockingly said as she walked away. Skywalker looked baffled before regaining his composure, "My popped collar is fabulous, don't make fun of it!", he shouted.

"I can't believe you did that!", a small voice said behind him, turning around he saw the pink haired girl looking up to him. Skywalker schooled his expression back into his usual calm as he gave her a warm smile. "I couldn't just stand there and do nothing, could I?".
The girl looked surprised, as a faint blush creeped on her cheeks, "Well, it's just that nobody ever stands up to Sunset Shimmer!", she told him. "So that was Sunset Shimmer?", Skywalker thought to himself. "I don't think I've seen you around before. Did you just transfer to Canterlot High from another school?", the girl asked. He thought about it for a minute, "You could say that. My name's Skywalker, Jason Skywalker.", he introduced himself, the girl gained a large blush as she muttered, "I'm... My name is... Fluttershy.", she muttered flinching at her name. "Sorry, your named Flutter...Shy?", Skywalker said slowly.

"That's right, Fluttershy... My parents are kinda weird.", she said, making him nod, thought he wouldn't know about parents being weird. "Oh my goodness! Who's this sweet little guy?", she said noticing, Spike. She reached down and started to scratch behind his ear. "That's Spike, my... dog.", he answered slowly. She handed him some dog snacks from her backpack. "Oh, wouldn't you just give anything to know what they're really thinking?", she asked him while Spike enjoyed his snacks. "He usually just tells me.", Skywalker muttered gaining a puzzling look from the girl, "Never mind. Sunset Shimmer said you picked something up. Something that belonged to her. It wasn't a bracelet, was it?", he asked as Fluttershy started to explain, "This morning, I was passing out flyers for the animal shelter like I do every Wednesday. Canterlot's animal shelter needs more volunteers, you see. Then this bracelet just bumped on my head, I had no idea how it go there. But I didn't want anything to happen to it, so I decided to give it to Principal Celestia.". Skywalker was taken aback for a moment, "Principal Celestia?... Where is she now?", he asked slowly. "Probably in her office.", she explained as he nodded.

"Thank you Fluttershy. Let's go Spike!", he said as the two were about to dash off. "Oh wait!", Fluttershy said, stopping in his tracks. "You're not really supposed to have pets on school grounds. Might wanna tuck him into your backpack. That's what I do!", she said showing a bunch of squirrels and rabbits in there, much to Skywalker's surprise. "They just get so lonely when I'm in school all day.", she said lovingly as he nodded. "Oh, okay! Thank you!", he said as he dashed off, wondering how he was going to get a backpack. Not noticing the stare this Worlds Fluttershy was giving him.

Skywalker was walking through the school, feeling pretty stupid not asking for directions to the principle's office. Just in time, he saw someone who looked very familiar, a familiar blond guy with ruby red eyes, except of his normal pale skin, he now had a red skin. "Excuse me.", he said gaining the attention from the blond. "I'm new here, so can you tell me were the principle's office is?", he asked the boy nodding. "Sure thing, Skywalker. Third door on your left, the same door I just came out off.", he explained. Skywalker thanked him before walking off.

A knock on the door, a voice on the other side told him to come in. As he walked in, there she was, a human version of his mentor/mother figure. "How may I help you?", the principle asked in a kind tone, snapping Skywalker out of his amazement. "My name's Skywalker, Jason Skywalker. I'm new here, and well, I understand that Fluttershy found a bracelet this morning and gave it to you.", he explained gaining a nod from the hot teacher. She explained that she had vice-principal Luna put it somewhere for safekeeping. "Were you interested in running for Ruler of the Fall Formal this year?", she asked.

"Uh, no. Not exactly. The truth is... Wait, Ruler of the Fall Formal?", Skywalker asked as the principal explained what the Fall Formal was, the Ruler of Fall Formal and the like. "You just need to let the head of the fall formal planning committee know you'd like to be on the ballot. Was there anything else?", she asked but he shrug his head. "Um, nope! That was it! Well, I start classes tomorrow so I best get home and start to unpack, have a nice day.", Skywalker said as he stood up. "Well, if you do need anything else, my door is always open.", she informed him, making him nod. "Thank you, principal. Your a lot nicer than my previous one, she was insane.", he said as he left the office. As the door closed all principal Celestia could think about the new kid was, "...Weird guy.".

PreviousChapters Next