• Published 4th Jan 2015
  • 2,684 Views, 108 Comments

Quest For Equestria - Skyguy626



No two Worlds are the same... Neither are two people. Now enjoy this odd mix.

  • ...
63
 108
 2,684

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 87: Prelude To Destruction

As the duel continued, Celestia knew she and her sister where unprepared, and thanks to the heightened emotions, unable to defeat Lily and Caelum, the four of them locked into blade-lock. They needed to get Skywalker and get back to Equestria.

Much to their horror, a Skywalker drained of nearly all his strength and physically and mentally a broken mess was thrown backwards through a wall, with Morgenstern calmly following him, one of Skywalker's lightsaber in his right hand, while he crushed the other one under his boot, holding his own Keyblade loosely in his left hand. "Why are you on their side?", Morgenstern asked, pointing the tip of his Keyblade to the hero, "Why fight for a doomed race who wanted to hunt and lock us up when they realized their reign is coming to an end? This is our time, our age. We are the future of the human race. You and me, we could reshape the Worlds into anything we want."

"Your right... People are messy, awkward, sometimes selfish and cruel.", Skywalker said with difficulty standing up, much to the shock of Celestia and Luna. "But they're trying, and I believe, deep down, every human at their core are good and I'm going to make sure they have a chance.", despise being nearly unable to go on, he stood his ground, ready to fight. "If you won't be my knight, you will be my pawn.", Morgenstern said ready to strike.

"Listen to me very carefully, my friend. Killing will not bring you peace.", Celestia said, staring into Lily's eyes, wondering why they had become the same as Morgenstern's. "Peace was never an option.", Lily said, breaking the blade lock and striking at Celestia, but the princess of the sun was taken into a white Rift, sending her back to Equestria.

Caelum was also broken out of his blade lock because Luna was drawn into one of the white Rifts. Lily and Caelum looked around unable to follow them as the Rifts had closed behind them. Then they saw who had created the Rifts, Skywalker was holding up his hand, a white coming off it, having used his Element Of The World power.

Seeing how outnumbered he is, Skywalker created a Rift behind him, quickly falling through it. As the rift closed Lily and Caelum came to stand next to their master, "Well done. You have not just injured them, but threw their heart into confusion as well.", he said to his followers, "Now Skywalker is confused and hesitant. And from those depths of confusion, shall he begin to hate even himself and by attempting to ignore his plight, he will sally forth with greater determination. Towards our future and his doom."

He then held out his right hand, conjuring a orb made out of black mist, creating a raven like Corrupted from it, handing Skywalker's lightsaber to it. "Send this to Ragyo Kiryuin, send her my love.", he told it and the raven flew off into a dark portal. He then turned to his followers, "Prepare the fleet, we are going to finish this war, we are going to take Canterlot."


With a loud thud Skywalker landed on the ground, not sure if he had made it back to Equastria, he heard people call his name, before he dropped to the floor. "Holy shit muffins!", the voice of McGrath said, sounding further and further away. "Who would eat muffins that taste like shit?", the voice of Pinkie asked as he finally slipped into darkness.

A unknown amount of time later, Skywalker wakes up in his room, laying down on his bed. Sitting back up he saw Twilight and Fluttershy sitting next to his bed, Twilight was reading, while Fluttersy was sleeping while laying her head on his bed. "Jason!", Twilight said when she noticed him sitting straight up, "Are you alright? What happened, Celestia and Luna wouldn't say."

Skywalker wasn't answering, he looked broken. As he looked over Fluttershy, he noticed a dried up tear marks. "Hey, what happened with Dashie?", Skywalker asked in a monotone voice. "She was pretty worried sick after you fainted. It took some time, but we managed to calm her down." Fluttershy woke up with a start and a gasp as she realized that she was back in reality and Skywalker were still in bed, just sitting near her. "Jason...", she whispered before crushing Skywalker in a death hug, Skywalker hug back, "I thought I lost you..."
"Flutters, it's gonna take more than a omnicidal maniac to take me away from you."

A few days later, Skywalker and Twilight were walk to the park to meet up with the friends. "I think it's so sweet that you and Fluttershy are going out together!", she exclaimed for the fifteen time or so, "I always thought that you and Fluttershy would be a perfect couple."
Skywalker's heart skips a beat when he hears that, "Do you really believe that me and Flutters are the perfect couple?", he asked and his friend nodded, "To be totally honest, I thought that Fluttershy had no romantic interest in me at all."

"You might be the Knight Of The Wind, Sky. But your still a guy.", Twilight said as the two of them finally get to the park and are greeted by the rest of the gang. "Hey there, Romeo.", Phoenix said, locking him into a head lock. "W-What are you talking about?", Skywalker asked trying to break free from his friend as he messed with his hair. "Arc Mage told us all about how you asked Fluttershy to be your lady!", a blush appeared on Fluttershy's face.

"Did she now?", Skywalker said, looking at Twilight with a resentful glare. "Now, now, there's no need to be embarrassed, Jason and Fluttershy.", Rarity said, with a bright smile, "Why, I think it's rather sweet."

"'Oh, Jason, I'd love to be the mother of your children! I've been waiting so long for you to ask me!'", Phoenix said, doing a very bad imitation of Fluttershy. They heard someone saying hallo to them in the distance. Out of a cloud of dark red mist, Mizuki appeared, startling everyone.

Each of them took their fighting stance, but much to their surprise she held up her hands as if surrendering herself. "Please stand down, I have come in peace. There isn't much time.", she spoke looking around every now and then, "Morgenstern is going to press his final assault on Canterlot, before he is going to reshape the Worlds in his image."

They weren't sure if they could trust her, but something in the urgency in her voice convinced most of them that she spoke the truth.

A few minutes later, Mizuki was held under heavy guard as she began to explain her tale, "At first I believe in the cause Morgenstern was telling, he had raised me with the principle of Supremehuman superiority. I thought we would bring the Worlds under the control of us, restoring the natural order. What I didn't know was that his ideal World was one where everyone and everything is under his direct control, like he had done to Lily and Caelum. His ultimate goal is to rob everyone in the universe of happiness and free will, turning everyone into nihilistic, despairful mind-slaves whose only purpose in life will be to worship him.", she continued to speak.

"He has mobilized New Genesis, from it he will rain down death on your armies and once he has taken the throne he will reshape the Worlds where it all began.", she finished, and everyone pondered what they should be doing now. Despise their preparation, they were no where near ready and now Morgenstern even without Force Calibur, even Skywalker wasn't a match for him.

"Then we stand and fight.", Celestia spoke, refusing to give in to a tyrant, even if it was her former friend. "We will show him that Equestria won't go down without a fight."

"Yeah, we have an army, let's use it!", Sutakira said, and everyone nodded, if they were going to die, they would die free and go out with a bang.

And so the call was send out, the United Nations and Arendelle's army where on stand-by, ready to be deployed at any moment. That night, Skywalker was looking out of the window, thinking if it was true what Morgenstern had said, was this monster indeed his father? He was brought out of his train of thoughts when a knock was heard on the door before Fluttershy, having used magic to adopt her human form entered.

"Jason, we need to talk.", she began, locking the door behind her, "This could be the last few hours of our lives, and I... I want to do it."
"What do you mean, Flutters?", he asked as his girl walked to him, swaying her hips a little more than usual. "Oh, you're so cute when you're timid, Jason.", she said as she started to slowly unbuttoned her dress. Skywalker holds Fluttershy's hands, "Are you doing this because you want to, or because you think you should?" Fluttershy was slightly taken back by this, "I'm... I know what I'm doing. I'm not some child with a crush. I care about you. Don't you care about me?"

Skywalker pulled her in a hug, taking in the scent of her hair before he spoke softly, "I do care about you. I will always be there for you, you do know that right?"

Suddenly the voice of Morgenstern broke the silence of the night sky, the earth starting to quake, "People of Equestria, hear me and obey. I am Morgenstern. I have come to bring an end to all conflict, to forever seize your day and night. By dawn, all will be one in Morgenstern. This mighty body is my church. When I command your surrender, I speak with three billion voices. When I make a fist to crush your resistance. It is with three billion hands. When I stare into your eyes and shatter your dreams and break your heart, it is with six billion eyes. Nothing like Morgenstern has ever come among you, nothing will again. I am the revelation, there was a war in heaven. I won.", it spoke before the sky was ripped open, and a floating island, decorated by futuristic looking buildings, and billions of Corrupted rained down from the skies again.

Author's Note:

Greetings, and welcome to another installment of Quest For Equestria. It's been a year since I began uploading this story. I would like to say thank you to everyone who has read this story, and I would like to extend my apology for the lack of updates the last few months. But I kicked myself in the ass and have started to begin writing the Grande Finale.

PreviousChapters Next