• Published 4th Jan 2015
  • 2,668 Views, 108 Comments

Quest For Equestria - Skyguy626



No two Worlds are the same... Neither are two people. Now enjoy this odd mix.

  • ...
63
 108
 2,668

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 64: We're A Family

Discord let out a loud laughter as Skywalker told him a story about one of the guys earlier adventures while hanging out in front of the guys house. "I can't believe you guys did that! I had totally pegged you for a teacher's pet!", Discord said trying to get his laughter under control.
"If you think that was bad, I should tell you about that one time we went to the Darkmarsh.", Skywalker said, gaining a chuckle from the spirit of chaos. "When you say things like that, Skywalker, it makes me glad I wasn't your friend sooner. Who goes to a place named Darkmarsh willingly!?", Discord said with a grin, "Now if they called it Beermarsh... no, still doesn't work.", he added with a shake of his head.
"You got a point there. The marsh part does cancel out anything else. Flowermarsh? Candymarsh? Nope, no good.", Skywalker said with a chuckle.

Meanwhile over at Carousel Boutique, in the backyard, McGrath placed some dummies to test out his new transformation and skills on. Feeling his power surging through him, one by one McGrath blasted the dummies with golden energy spears. "This is it! This power will allow me to finally surpass him!", McGrath shouted as he blasted the last dummy to bits while picturing the face of Skywalker on it. Powering down, McGrath clenched his fist letting his power rush shimmer down, "I did it, I'm a genius, I'm a huge brain in a ripped-up body, I am Jesus D. McGrath!", he let out a low chuckle not noticing that Rarity and Phoenix were standing right behind him, fighting back the urge to laugh.
Turning around, the eerily pale brunette's emerald green eyes went wide as he realized that his friend and girlfriend were listening in.

"Say Jesus D. McGrath, why are you so obsessed with becoming stronger?", Rarity asked, giving him a soft smile as she rubbed her nuzzle against his hand. She knew her coltfriend never talked about his feelings or what's troubling him, though she was always willing to listen. The words coming out of McGrath's mouth surprised her greatly, "During our first fight, I throw literally everything I had at Skywalker and it didn't do squat. And now... Skywalker has taking such leaps in power... I was designed to be perfect, and yet there is this 'normal' human who manages to do everything I can do and more, and often he achieves better results than I could.", McGrath explained.
"Did you know what you just did?", Rarity asked softly as she looked up into his green puzzling eyes, "You shared your feelings with me.", she said if a soft smile on her face, gaining another surprise as McGrath returned the smile, "Yeah... I guess I did.".
"Well even with your new super form, Messiah still outclasses you.", Phoenix said, gaining an angry glare from the couple, "Well sorry to be a buzz kill but at the end of the day, Messiah is simply stronger, faster, and tougher by many orders of magnitude. Even when your in your super form, Messiah is at least 4.125 X 10^13 times stronger, 3 times faster, and 288 times tougher than you, Moody.", the red head explained as the angry look on the couple grew. Before McGrath could say anything in response, Rarity asked him, "Shall we get him, my dark knight?".
McGrath grinned at the evil grin Rarity was giving him, "Yes, lets." and after saying that, the couple started to send energy blast's at the red head.

Late that afternoon Skywalker and Rainbow were flying towards the local restaurant after Skywalker took Rainbow on a surprise training day with the Wonderbolts. After recovering from the shock, Rainbow had a great training session with her personal heroes. At the end of the training Spitfire had asked Skywalker for some special one-on one training, though the way she had asked it bothered him.
"What did you think Spitfire meant with some one-on-one training?", Skywalker asked as the two friends landed a short distance away fro, the restaurant. "Duh! She was asking you on a date!", Rainbow told him as if it was that obvious, which it was. "Oh!", Skywalker said turning his gaze towards the ground, "I guess Phoenix is right. If a girl shows that kind of interest in me it goes way over my head.", he said rubbing the back of his head.

On their walk their, they came across a arguing Scootaloo and Applebloom. "I guess we won't know who would win a fight between Ser Skywalker and Rainbow Dash.", Applebloom said as her pegesus friend nodded in agreement. "Yeah, their friends. Why would they fight?".
"Those kids..." Rainbow nodded as the two continued their way. "Yeah. Say... Who do you think would win between the two of us?", he asked. But he never got a response as the two came across Big Mac who, like them, was heading to the local restaurant for some grub. The three of them were about to head inside when out of the corner of his eye, Skywalker saw a blur of blue hair and a cowboy head disappear behind the window.

Inside the restaurant, Sutakira and Applejack were kneeling down, just high enough to be able to peek out of the window. "Are ya sure?", Applejack asked as the bluenette nodded his head, "I swear! I saw Big Mac! And Skywalker and Rainbow were with him!", Sutakira told her nervously as the southern belle sigh. "Their gonna find out sooner or later, and are ya really that afraid of my big brother?", Applejack said looking into his pale blue eyes with her own green ones. "Well Our friend will tease us to no end, and one of those friend is Big Mac... Also he is a building on hooves...", the bluenette explained gaining a thoughtful nod from his girlfriend.
The two jumped in surprise when they suddenly heard, "Why are we hiding from?", looking behind them, they saw that Skywalker had silently sneaked up behind them, with Rainbow and Big Mac behind him.

Before more could have been said, darkness swept over Ponyville, looking outside, they could see that the moon had moved in front of the sun, causing a full solar eclipse. As the friends arrived outside, panicked screams filled the air. Turning their heads towards the screams, they saw thorns coming out of the Everfree Forest, destroying building in their wake. Lucky for them, the rest of the Harmonic Heroes arrived. Twilight explained that she tried to contact the princesses but neither of them had responded. "I know someone who possible has answers.", Skywalker said gaining a puzzling look from his friends as he quickly said 'Discord' three times.

And in a poof, the spirit of chaos appeared, wrapped in a towel and shower foam all over his serpent like body and head. "Now, Skywalker, you know I told you that you were to give me a heads up before you summoned me with that little trick I learned you. In case you haven't noticed, I was in the middle of a particularly invigorating shower.", Discord said in a playful manner before noticing the thorns coming from the Everfree Forest. "When did that happened?".
"Don't you play dumb with us, Discord! We know you're the one behind all of this!", Applejack shouted accusingly at the spirit of chaos, who looked slightly insulted. "I speak the truth, I have nothing to do with this. I'm reformed, don't you remember?", Discord pleaded, looking at Skywalker and Fluttershy for support. But before either could speak up, Rainbow spoke up first, "Yeah, right! This has got your cloven hand prints all over it!", she said accusingly. Discord let out a offended scoff, "I'll have you know that I have only one cloven hand! Such accusations. And here I thought we were friends. I'm innocent. Would I lie to you?"
"Enough.", Skywalker said as he stepped forward, "I'm willing to give Discord the benefit of the doubt.", he told them. Fluttershy nodded as she stepped next to him, "Jason is right, what if he really is telling the truth?", she told them.

"If you're not the one responsible, then help us figure out who is!", Twilight demanded. The spirit of chaos took a similar thinking pose to what Skywalker usually does before snapping his finger, "Idea! Why don't you ask your zebra friend if she knows anything?", he suggested. Skywalker nodded, "Good idea, Harmonic Heroes, let's find Zecora!", he ordered as he turned around, bumping into the zebra herself.
"Well that's convenient.", Griffifth said dryly. "Why do you always sound so sarcastic?", Big Mac asked gaining the attention from the blond. "Oh, my voice sound sarcastic by nature.".

"Zecora? What are you doing here?", Twilight asked, as the young knight helped the zebra back up. "Yeah, we haven't seen you like in... forever!", Griffifth added. "From my home, I have had to flee! The forest has grown too wild, even for me!", Zecora explained. After a quick explained what's happening to the zebra, Zecora gave a nod before explaining, "I'm afraid it is a mystery to me as well, but I may have something that, I do not dare to use it myself, the results would be tragic. Ser Skywalker, after a sip, you might see why the sky is day and night.", said told him as she reached into her bag, pulling out a bottle with a blue liquid. Removing the cork from the bottle, Skywalker took a quick sip, a bitter taste filling his mouth as he quickly swallowed. "Well, it's no Applejack Daniels. And it doesn't seem to be worki... I'm fainting now.", he said as his eyes turned milky white as he dropped to the side.


Skywalker could feel his mind transcendence time and space before appearing in the past, in front of him, he could see a younger version of Celestia and Luna standing in front of a crystal like tree, holding what seemed to be the Element of Unity.
"The Tree of Harmony? Are you sure?", younger Luna asked as Skywalker floated closer. The memory Celestia nodded before turning her gaze to the tree, "Caelum has managed to break Discord's power but at the cost of shattering the World. Our brother gave his life to create this key from the Tree itself, it will allow us to wield the Elements Of Harmony even without the others with us.", Celestia explained as she looked over the Element Of Unity. "Even without these Elements Of Harmony, the Tree of Harmony will possess a powerful magic. As long as that magic remains, it will continue to control and contain all that grows here."


Back in the present, Skywalker woke up with a yell, startling his friends. "I'm awake!", he shouted, surprised at the worried look he gained from his friends, "Why are you all looking at me like that?".
"You were mumbling to yourself...", Applejack explained with a faint blush on her face. "That and... You undressed yourself and started to run around naked...", Big Mac added. The young knight looks down and notice that indeed, he had lost his clothing, "... Oh great... My nipples are hard.", he muttered to himself as he started to recollect his clothes. Turning to his left, Phoenix saw a wide eyed, heavily blushing Fluttershy with a little drool on the side of her mouth, "Welp, I think Sunshine might be brain dead."
"Did you find out whose rump we need to kick and where we can find them?", Rainbow asked her friend as he started to get dressed. Pulling his shirt over his head Skywalker explained that he saw something from a long ass time ago, "I still don't know what's happened to Princess Luna and Princess Celestia, but I think I know why the Everfree Forest is acting this way. Something's happened to the Tree of Harmony.", he finished explaining as he slipped on his underwear and his jeans. "The tree of what now?", Pinkie asked.
"It's where the original Harmony Wielders found the EoH, the tree were their brother created the Element of Unity.", Skywalker explained as he put on his jacked, "Anyways, I think it's in danger.", he finished as he popped up his collar. "Discord, try to find the princesses, we'll try to find a way to stop the thorns from destroying Ponyville.". Discord gave him a salute and with a poof he disappeared into smoke. "Well, all right then! Let's go save a... tree. Uh... where is it exactly?", Applejack asked as McGrath scoffed, "Where do you think?".

A few minutes later the gang is making their way towards the Castle of the Two Sisters, because... yeah why are they doing that.
"It seems logical that the Castle Of the Two Sisters would be close to the Tree Of Harmony as we did found them in said castle.", Sutakira explained to Phoenix, gaining a nod from the red head. "Seems like only yesterday we were heading into these woods to find the Elements of Harmony.", Rarity said nostalgic as the castle came into few. "Seems like only yesterday I was foolish enough to think I should go after them on my own.", Twilight added with a soft laugh. "I wasn't even there, the first time.", Big Mac said as they stood before the castle.
"I don't know what we're going to face in there. But whatever it is, I know we need to face it together.", Skywalker said as he led the charge inside the castle.


Meanwhile over New Genesis, Morgenstern had gathered members of his inner circle in the throne room, "Is the plan working?", Morgenstern asked his followers as he looked down on them from his throne. "Yes, my lord. The Harmonic Heroes have entered the castle as we speak.", Byron said, gaining an nod from his master. "Good, you know your missions, now go.", he commanded as each of his inner circle disappeared into smoke. After they left, he stood up and headed for his study. As he entered the room, Morgenstern pushed a few button on his keyboard on his desk, a book case slip open, revealing a spiral staircase. As he headed down, the book case closing behind him, something his old master told him resounded in his head, "Thanks to your cells, you have drunk in other peoples power, strengthening your muscles, your skin, your senses. You've grown stronger here than I ever could've imagined. The only way to know how strong is to keep testing your limits. So do not be afraid and do not worry. You are the one, who will lead the Worlds to salvation.".


Meanwhile in the castle the gang were searching through the castle. "Hey do you guys think we should split up?", Pinkie asked, gaining the attention from the rest of the Harmonic Heroes. For a moment everybody was silent before everyone shouted to Pinkie, "HELL NO!!!", startling Pinkie. "Damn it Pinkie! Haven't you ever watched a horror movie!?", McGrath scold her, making Pinkie's jaw drop. "We're in a horror movie!? Aw man, I'm screwed! Funny one always goes first!", she complained as she rubbed her hooves through her hair.
"Don't act so paranoid. As long as we stay together, we'll be...", Phoenix started, trying to reassure his pink friend before realizing something, "Hey wait a second I'm the funny one!".
As Phoenix and Pinkie exploded into a discussion, Big Mac leaned towards Skywalker and Fluttershy, "Guess that rules out you two from making out.", he whispered gaining a shocked blush from the two. "The hell does that mean?", Skywalker asked as Fluttershy added, "Big Macintosh! I-I-It's n-not l-like t-that!", turning her eyes towards the ground, trying to hide her blush. "Sure it isn't.", Big Mac said with a roll of his eyes. "So does that rule out us too, Toshiyuki?", Applejack whispered toward Sutakira, making the bluenette blush. "... Dumb Ass.".
Not much later, they found themselves in the throne room where they first found the Element Of Harmony, but out of nowhere they were surrounded by Corrupted as someone let out a slow clap.

"That was almost too easy.", a sophisticated voice said from the throne, gaining the attention from the heroes. Upon the throne sat, Byron looking down at them with a bored expression. "Can't see why Lord Morgenstern would bother trying to recruit you lot, then again its not my call to make.", he said more to himself than to them as he rose from the throne. "Who the hell are you!", Rainbow demanded to know. "Oh, where are my manners, my name is Byron, a pleasure to meet you." Byron said with a slight bow, "The Dark Messiah has taken notice of you all, Harmonic Heroes. He's giving you this one chance, join him in the New World and live like kings and queens, you will be gods among insects.", Byron said with a smile. The Harmonic Heroes each gave a look to one another before collectively shouting, "No!", as each took their fighting stance. Byron's smiled dropped, transforming into an angry grimace, "Then so be it.", and with a snap of his fingers, the Corrupted launched their attack.

Phoenix quickly threw a fire punch and fire kick, taking out three Corrupted at once. Whipping out his claws, Griffifth sliced an on coming Corrupted in two, before grabbing two others and slamming them into the ground. McGrath and Rarity send out two energy blast knocking down the Corrupted allowing Big Mac and Applejack to finished them off. Skywalker and Twilight were currently trading blows with Byron, who dodges Twilight's magic blast with acrobatic grace, but Skywalker follows with a stream of electricity which he tries to block, but it is too powerful, causing him to be blown against the wall, shattering it. As the dust settle's, the wall revealed the tree Skywalker had seen in the vision. Byron stands back up, raising his hands as suddenly, Skywalker and Twilight writhes in pain as Byron lifts them into the air. This sensation felt familiar to Skywalker, it felt the same as when Amon tried to bloodbend him, though this felt much more forceful. Skywalker started to break free from the control but Byron slams the both of them on the ground, sending cracks all over the ancient stone floor.

Twilight tries to resist Byron's magic, but is too weak to do it and instead, she manages to electrocute Byron with lightning spell strong enough to throw him away. Skywalker stands back up as he sends two telekinetic pulses at Byron. Being send to the ground again, Byron lashed out by sending a dark energy blast at them, which the duo jumped into the air, barely managed to dodge the on coming attack. As the two landed back on their feet and hoof, Byron grips them with his blood magic, causing the two to slide along the floor. He tosses the two around like a ragdoll, first into the walls and then the ceiling. "I'm impressed. No one has ever gotten the better of me like that.", Byron said as he dusted off his coat, "It is almost a shame to kill a fellow mage of such potential. Almost.", he added with a sadistic grin as he charged up a magic blast in his hand, to finish off Twilight. As he was about to launch the life ending spell, Skywalker felt his rage reach its peak as he broke free from Byron's grip and deflected the spell with his lightsaber.
"I-Impossible.", Byron said shocked before regaining in composure, for a moment Byron could have sworn he saw Morgenstern in Skywalker's place but he dismissed those thoughts as Skywalker attacked with a flurry of punches, despite his attempts to block, Skywalker's strength was too much for the fragile mage as he was slammed into the ground, Byron raised his hand, slowing Skywalker's progress. With a loud scream that shattered the windows, Skywalker was released from his grip and send Byron into another wall.

Byron tried to get back up, though it would seem he was no match for their combined effort. The last Twilight saw was Skywalker rushing to her side as she lost consciousnesses. Suddenly a cold voice was heard from inside his head that wasn't his own, "Assuming direct control.". Byron's eyes widened as he felt a pain unlike anything he had ever felt surged through his body. Skywalker and Twilight stood ready for what ever it was that was happening to Byron as the mad mage withered on the ground in pain. Suddenly, Byron stood back on his feet, his purple eyes now being replaced by all blue with several concentric circles and nine comma's surrounding them. "Lily's little sprout all grown up standing before me. I heard a lot about you Ser Jason Skywalker.", Byron said with an calm and cold voice. "You know me? And who's this Lily?", Skywalker asked as the being that possessed Byron chuckled. "I know a lot about you, I have been searching for you all my life. Now show me your strength.", the Byron said as he summoned a Keyblade, the Morning Star, before attacking.

Skywalker took the blow and riposted, speeding up his timing, forcing Byron to retreat. Byron twirled and blocked a slash, weaving a defensive pattern with his blade. Skywalker lunged, but Byron was ready, bringing them into a momentary bladelock. Byron shoved hard, breaking the lock and forced Skywalker to pull back. In backing away, Skywalker drew the duel into the open, Byron attacked once more and began to chivvy him into the wall. Just as Byron was about to deliver a finishing strike, Skywalker unleashed a sudden flurry of attacks that forced a surprised Byron to pull back.

Byron released a sudden bombardment of quick blade slashed, one that scratched Skywalker's cheek before sending him to the floor. Quickly regaining his footing, Skywalker could barely fend off Byron's onslaught. With a final hard strike, Skywalker lightsaber was knocked out of his hand. Byron twirled the keyblade in a angular position, ready to finish Skywalker off when the most unlikely thing happened. Fluttershy had taken Skywalker's lightsaber and sneaks behind Byron, stabbing him in the back. who is preparing to finish Skywalker off and stabs him in the back. Dropping his keyblade on the ground, which disappeared into shimmering light as Byron dropped to his knees, "I see. That is your strength... We will meet again and next time, you won't be so lucky.", the thing possessing Byron said as he started to fade into black smoke, "Releasing direct control." and with that, Byron and the corrupted had disappeared.

After checking up on injuries, the most the gang had were some bruises and some broken ribs, standing in front of the Tree of Harmony, they could feel something being pulled out of them, after another pull, twelve wisp like lights, even from Big Macintosh, were absorbed back into the tree. Unbeknownst to them yet, the Elements Of Harmony had withered turned gray, having lost their power. Suddenly the Tree branch revealed a small chest, resonating with the now powerless Unity. Upon further inspection of the box, the following inscription could be read on the side "I'll open when everyone is like they were, when the skies open wide and shadows invade.".
"So... Without the Elements you think were still friends?", Twilight said a little doubtful as the Harmonic Heroes made their track back to Ponyville. "No. We're not.", Skywalker said after a long silence, startling everybody, "We're not friends, we're family. Though there is nothing stopping us from sleeping with each other.", he added with his calm tone, making everyone chuckle.

Taking the box with them, the Harmonic left the castle, worried but with renewed hope, arriving back at Ponyville, they found a worried Celestia waiting for them. It appeared she never had received their calls, and after hearing their explanation what happened, Celestia turned her gaze to the ground, "A keyblade?... Could it be...", she thought to herself before looking back up at her Harmonic Heroes, "It appears the attacks we have endured the last few years were not random. Someone with a lot of power is trying to take Equestria and eliminate the Elements Of Harmony. Its time we build our own army, its time for an Alliance." Celestia said as the heroes agreed as Skywalker and Phoenix prepared to ask for aid form Republic City and Arendelle. If this unknown entity wanted to have Equestria, they wouldn't give it without a fight.

PreviousChapters Next