• Published 4th Jan 2015
  • 2,679 Views, 108 Comments

Quest For Equestria - Skyguy626



No two Worlds are the same... Neither are two people. Now enjoy this odd mix.

  • ...
63
 108
 2,679

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 29: Flight or Fight

Ever since her birthday, Pinkie Pie was having this weird feeling in her stomach, she couldn't sleep, she didn't have any appetite. She had been to the doctor, but he claimed she was as healthy as a... Horse... Seriously who wrote this? If the doctors couldn't find anything, maybe Twilight or Sutakira would know. After all if they wouldn't know something, then who would?

Seeing as Twilight's house was closer she decided to go there first, upon entering the Golden Oak Library she saw the unicorn she was looking for.

"Last one." Twilight said using her magic to place a book back on its shelf. Giving a heavy sigh she turned to her friends, "Thank you so much for helping me clean up all these books guys. It was a crazy week of studying." she said to the gathered McGrath, Rarity, Griffifth, Pinkie Pie, Phoenix, Applejack and Sutakira.

"Why did I help, again?" McGrath asked, as this was certainly out of character for him. He flashed Sutakira a glare as he smugly said, "Because I kicked your ass at Vanguard.". Before McGrath could respond he noticed Pinkie standing in the door opening, his expression softening slightly as he gave her a soft smile.

Then she felt it again, that weird feeling in her stomach, was McGrath the reason she was feeling sick? Was she allergic to his emerald green eyes, was she... Her thoughts were interrupted as a distend scream was heard, first it was very soft but it became louder and louder by the second.

"Are you guys hearing that?" Phoenix asked as a loud bang and a hard crash was heard. As the dust settled they saw that it was Rainbow who had crashed through one of the windows and smashed up the library with her landing.

"Rainbow Dash, Rainbow Dash, you alright?" Griffifth asked as he snapped his finger in front of her, "Of course she is, she rocks! Woohoo!" the voice of Fluttershy said. Turning around they saw Skywalker and Fluttershy enter through the same window Rainbow just crashed through.

Fluttershy looked around and noticed the mess, "Did my cheering do that?", she wondered as McGrath dropped on his knees and let out a scream of frustration, "Why!? Why are you and Skywalker so hell bent on causing me pain!" he asked Rainbow, because now they have to start all over again.

Fortunately, Rainbow was okay as she gave the cleaning crew a sheepish smile, "Hehe. Sorry about that guys. THAT was a truly feeble performance." she apologized to her friends as they all gave a accepting groan.

"Actually, it wasn't all bad." Skywalker said, trying to reassure his friend. Fluttershy nodded in agreement as she added, "I particularly liked it when you made the clouds spin.".

"Oh, I liked that part too." Skywalker agreed but he was interrupted by a annoyed groan from Rainbow, "Ugh. I'm not talking about my performance, I'm talking about yours!" she said as Skywalker gave her a confused look.

"But I didn't do anything!" he said offended making his best friend hoof palm, "Not you. Fluttershy! And I meant her feeble cheering! I wish you guys could come to Cloudsdale to see me compete in the Best Young Flyer Competition." she said looking over her other friends.

All she got was a puzzling look from her friends, none of them apparently knew what the Best Young Flyer Competition was. "You guys have no idea what I'm talking about right?" Rainbow said, as the others gave each other some quick looks, seeing if anyone of them knew at least something.

"Well I do but if anybody wants to explain it, that would be great." Sutakira said as he gave a sheepish smile. Rainbow gave a sigh as she started to explain, "The Best Young Flyer Competition is where all the greatest pegasus flyers get together and show off their different flying styles! Some are fast! And some are graceful!", the gang let out a collective, "Oh", as well as agreeing that it would be great to see. "I wish you guys could be there. Fluttershy's a great support, but her cheering isn't exactly inspirational." Rainbow continued as she looked over friends. Her own eyes locked with those of Skywalker, she could see that he was disappointed.

"Dashie, why didn't you tell me about this?" he asked, sounding slightly hurt, why would his best friend not tell him about this?

"With your skill you would Curb Stomp everybody who thinks they are a match for you." Rainbow explained, her own face showing some sadness as Skywalker turned from her crossing his arms, "You do know I'm not allowed to enter right? Being the Knight Of The Wind, I'm not allowed to enter the junior divisions, so yeah." he said, his voice having a tone of sadness in it. "Sky... You still want to come cheer me on?" Rainbow asked, trying to make up to him for...

"Well duh!" Skywalker said quickly turned around and gave her a wink as he had been faking being hurt just to mess with her.

The next morning, Skywalker, Rainbow and Fluttershy flew they're way towards Cloudsdale. During the flight Skywalker was trying to give Fluttershy some last minute cheering tips, "You've got to learn to be assertive, Fluttershy. Don't be afraid to speak up." he said gaining a nod from Fluttershy.

"Jason?" Rainbow asked making him turn his attention towards her, "Do you want to come over to my parents house?" she asked him with a faint blush. "...Why?" Skywalker asked slowly as Rainbow got a sheepish smile on her face, "I want you to try my mom's cooking." Rainbow explained, but Skywalker wasn't buying it. "And the real reason?" he asked.

Rainbow sighed, "The thing is, I haven't been home yet since I've moved to Ponyville. I hadn't been able to make up my mind about it, but I decided that I should show my face... But going home alone is a bit uncomfortable, so I was hoping you could join me." she explained, this made him a bit jealous, at least she has a home to return to.

"Of course Dashie." Skywalker said, giving her a nod, "After you've won the BYFC. By the way, what is the prize your gonna win?".

Rainbow got a large smile, "The grand prize is an entire day with the Wonderbolts. A whole day of flying with my life-long heroes... It'll be a dream come true!" she said giggling at the thought.

"Seriously..." Skywalker said rolling his eyes, "You should come with me to Canterlot once in a while. I had brunch with Spitfire, just last week." he said as Rainbow looked at him with awed eyes, "...I hate you so much right now." she said teasingly.

Soon they landed in Cloudsdale, Skywalker couldn't believe his eyes, all the buildings were made out of clouds! And there were rainbows everywhere! They were all so beautiful, well of course the most beautiful rainbow was standing right next to him but still... oh look a double rainbow!

"Skywalker?" the voice of Fluttershy broke him out of his thought as he turned his attention to her, "How come you can walk on clouds..." she asked. Indeed, even though Phoenix and Sutakira can fly neither could stand on the clouds.

"I... Have no idea..." Skywalker said scratching the back of his head.

They made their way to the stadium, a question Skywalker had been meaning to ask Rainbow but never got around popped in his head.

"Oh, Dashie? Can I ask you a random question?" he asked gaining a nod from her, "Have you ever heard of Skittles? They're a candy on my world, and their line is, get this... 'taste the rainbow'.", both Rainbow and Fluttershy raised an eyebrow at this. "Your joking again are you?" Rainbow asked, not believing that there was a candy with that slogan.

"No, I'm not." Skywalker said dead seriously, "Not this time.".

Rainbow fall on the cloud, rolling in laughter at the slogan of the candy.

"Well well well. What do we have here?" a voice said above them, making the three friends look up. Three male pegasi were flying above them before they started to float in front of them. "It's our old friend Rainbow Crash!" the leaded, Dumb-Bell said, "Get kicked outta any flight schools lately?" he asked mockingly. Skywalker remembered Rainbow telling him about how Dumb-Bell and his friends Hoops and... What's his face, were a gang of bullies during her time at Flight school.

"I didn't get kicked out." Rainbow said as she got back up, trying to sound indifferent to them. But soon they turned to trash talking Rainbow, her skills and her mane... Wait a minute nobody insults the hair!

Skywalker was about to speak up but Fluttershy had beaten him to it. "Now wait just a minute!" she said, this got everyone's attention making her blush a little, "Oh, I'm sorry. I'm trying to be more assertive. Anyhow... She is going to do a sonic rainboom! Show up at the Cloudeseum and see for yourself! ...If you're free." she added that last part with a soft voice.

The idiots laughed out loud as they agreed to come before they left.

"Those guys are right." Rainbow sighed to herself, "I'll never be able to do it.", she looked down as Skywalker patted her head.

"But, Dashie." Skywalker said making her look back up to him, "Just because you've failed the sonic rainboom a hundred thousand times in practice doesn't mean you won't be able to do it in front of an entire stadium, full of impatient, super-critical sports fan ponies... I just made it a lot worse..." he said to himself as Rainbow had a mental breakdown.

"Aaaaaah! What do I do!? Everybody's gonna see me fail! The Wonderbolts will never let a loser like me join. Princess Celestia will probably banish me to the Everfree Forest! My life is ruined!" she ranted as that last line got him to raise an eyebrow.

"Why would Celestia do that?" Skywalker asked, this had been bothering him for some time, "Why does everybody think Princess Celestia would banish them if they screw something up!?". Seriously, something along the lines of 'Celestia will banish me if I fail X' up pops up a lot.

"Is that Rarity? With butterfly wings?" Skywalker said pointing behind them and indeed Rarity was floating above them with her own butterfly wings.

"Aren't my wings smashing!?" Rarity said as she floated down towards them, "Twilight made them for me. I just adore them! Why so shocked? We couldn't leave our favorite flyer without a big cheering section!"

An next to them a balloon landed, and in the basket there was the rest of the gang, this put a smile on Rainbow's face, "This is so cool! You guys made it!" she said happily as Pinkie jumped out of the basket and landed on the cloud without falling through them... Wait what?

"How'd you do that? Only Pegasus ponies and Jason can walk on clouds!" Rainbow exclaimed in surprise. It's Pinkie, nobody can explain Pinkie.

So Twilight with her amazing magic found a way too give Rarity wings, though it was too difficult to do it a few more times, she decided to find a spell that allowed them to walk on the clouds. Smart girl.

As they had some time before the competition Rainbow and Fluttershy decided to give them a tour through the greatest city in the sky... Seeing as it is the only city in the sky they don't really have any competition.

In the weather factory, they were showed how all the weather was made for all of Equestria.

"And here's where they make the rainbows!" Rainbow said pointing to a pool with all the colors of the rainbow in it, Pinkie, being the crazy one like she is, took a sip from the rainbow pool, "Spicyyyyyy!..." she shouted as the rest of the gang chuckled.

"Yeah, rainbows aren't really known for their flavor." Rainbow said as Skywalker walked over to the pool, Pinkie tried to stop him but he was already drinking out of the pool and it confirmed his theory. "Hey Pinkie, you know what's ironic?" he asked getting a questing look from her, "What, what, what, what, what?... Does ironic mean?" Pinkie said as Sutakira cleared his throat. "Ironic is the opposite result of what was intended." he explained but Pinkie still didn't get it.

"This rainbow tastes like Skittles, which is a candy on our world." Skywalker explained, getting Pinkie's attention, "And you, the candy lover, didn't like it.".

Pinkie mouth dropped open in a comical way, "Humans eat that stuff as candy? Are you crazy?" she asked as the guys shrugged. "You don't have to be crazy to live on earth... but it helps." Phoenix said as further down they could hear people admire Rarity's wings.

"Oh, where'd you get those amazing wings? I want a pair!" the voice of Dumb-Bell could be heard. "Ha! Gay!" McGrath shouted.

"Rarity! What're you doing talking to these guys?" Rainbow asked, feeling betrayed that Rarity would talk to those bullies!

"Oh, hey look, it's Rainbow Crash again!" Dumb-Bell said mockingly, "You should forget the sonic rainboom and just get yourself some wings like these!".

Before Rainbow could answer him, Skywalker jumped to his friends defense, "Sorry, but Dashie is not girlish like that!" he said, somehow this made Dumb-Bell and his cronies laugh.

"Ah, Rainbow Crash! You need The Knight to fight your battle's for you?" Dumb-Bell manege to say as they burst out in laughter.

Skywalker shoot them a death glare that meant 'insult Rainbow one more time in my presence and you'll pay' and for good measure he let his eye glow red, "I find your lack of respect disturbing.", this made the three dumbasses freeze in fear. "You better watch what you say against me.", he threatened them as all three mumbled, "Y-Yes, Ser Knight."

Somehow Rarity entered the competition, making Rainbow even more nervous. But as the competition was soon, there was no way to remove Rarity from it without seriously injuring her.

And so the gang save Rarity and Rainbow took a seat in the stadium, just as they took their seat the crow let out a loud cheer as the announcer's voice could be heard throughout the stadium.

"Fillies and gentlecolts!" her voice boomed, "Please rise and join me in welcoming our beloved ruler, Princess Celestia!" she said as the princess of the sun landed on her special stage, under the loud cheers from her loyal subjects.

"Boo!" Griffifth shouted and somehow this one 'boo' was heard by Celestia. "Who said that? Who the buck said that!?" Celestia shouted making everybody turn silent, "Somebody better fess up or I'm not going to start this damn tournament!" turning her gaze over the stadium.

"Competition, your highness." the announcer corrected her. "Yeah whatever!" Celestia responded. "It was me, sorry!" Griffifth said, though he didn't sound sorry at all. "Get the buck out of Cloudsdale!" Celestia commanded as he shrugged his shoulders and left.

An hour passed as and a lot of good flyers came by but then it was time for the final competitor of the day, contestant number fifteen! Uhh... And apparently contestant number four.

Rarity preformed some ballet like moves, but thanks that that and her own nerves Rainbow messed up her entire routine! Now all what she could fall back to was phase Three, the sonic rainboom.

"Wings, by Skywalker's Lightning, don't fail me now!" Rainbow prayed as she starts to fly up.

Rarity did something similar, intending to shine the light from her wings all over Equestria, "Look upon me, Equestria, for I... am... Rarity!" as she shouted that, her wings, made of mountain dew or something, burned off. And as gravity was still a thing in Equestria, Rarity started to plummet to the ground.

Rarity let out screams of fright as she falls trough the clouds as the Wonderbolts directly dove after her, quickly catching up to her, but in her panic Rarity knocked all three out... I thought unicorn's were physically weak? Weird.

"Hold on, Rarity! I'm coming!" Rainbow shouted as she took a nose dive after her and the Wonderbolts. The rest of the gang were frozen in terror. "Shouldn't ya dive after them?" Applejack asked Skywalker, as he simply raised his hand, "Wait for it." he said.

A loud boom was heard as the sound barrier broke in all the colors of the rainbow, she did it, Rainbow preformed the sonic rainboom!

"A sonic rainboom! She did it! She did it! WOOO!" Fluttershy cheered as everybody else in the stadium looked on impressed. With the boos from the sonic rainboom, Rainbow could catch Rarity and the Wonderbolts just before they hit the ground.

"Yeah! That's my girl!" Skywalker shouted as as the stadium burst out in a loud round of applause.

A little while later, the gang was gathered around the balloon as Rarity sat in the basket.

"I can't help the feeling that Rarity with wings was one big marketing thing to sell more toys." Griffifth said before taking a sip from his rainbow drink, taste the rainbow indeed.

"I want to apologize to all of you for getting so carried away with my... beautiful wings." Rarity said, trying to apologize to her friends, "I guess I just lost my head. And I'm especially sorry that I was so thoughtless as to jump into the contest at the last minute after you had worked so hard to win it. Can you ever ever forgive me?". They all pretty much agreed to forgive her, after all their friends right?

"Aw, it's okay." Rainbow said, "Everything turned out alright, right? I just wish I could have met the Wonderbolts when they were awake." she added that last part with some regret.

"Hey, Dashie! Look who I found!" the voice of Skywalker came from above as he landed in front of her with the three Wonderbolts behind him.

Rainbow looked on in shock as all she could get out was, "OhmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohMYGOSH!". The leader of the Wonderbolts, Spitfire, was the first to speak up, "So you're the little pony who saved our lives. We really wanted to meet you, and say thanks." she said as Rainbow was now unable to make any sensible words.

"I think Rainbro is now brain dead." Phoenix said as he waved his hand in front of her face not getting any response.

That evening, Skywalker had to do just one more thing before they could go home that night.

"My dad is gonna like you." Rainbow said as they walked towards her parents house, "You think so?" he asked gaining a cocky grin from his best friend. "Warrior of Justice? He probably cook you something on the grill and talk your ears off." she said as Skywalker slowly said "Sounds... Wonderful.".

They arrived at the house as Rainbow knocked on the door. Not much later, the door was opened by a white pegasi with manes with all the colors of the rainbow.

"Dashie!" she shouted as she pulled Rainbow into a motherly hug. "Hi, mom." said with a blush as he mother let go of her, she noticed Skywalker standing behind Rainbow. "Oh, and you must be..." she said realizing who he is, "Ser Skywalker! I-Its an honor." she said with a small bow.

"You must be Firefly, Dashie's sister!" Skywalker said gaining a smile from Rainbow's mother.

As soon they were in the living room, Firefly placed Skywalker on the couch as she and Rainbow went to get something refreshments.

"So... You and him." Firefly said as soon as they entered the kitchen, knowing what her mother meant, Rainbow blushed furiously, "What!? N-No!!" she denied as her mother let out a small chuckle, "Please, your father and I gave each other the same eyes when we where that age." she said as Rainbow let out a annoyed groan. She had missed her mom.

PreviousChapters Next