• Published 4th Jan 2015
  • 2,679 Views, 108 Comments

Quest For Equestria - Skyguy626



No two Worlds are the same... Neither are two people. Now enjoy this odd mix.

  • ...
63
 108
 2,679

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 04: Nightmare Moon Rises

At that Summer Sun Celebration crap. The city hall is filled with excited ponies. Pinkie Pie bounces around Griffifth "Isn't this exciting? Are you excited, 'cause I'm excited." she asked him energetically. Griffith rolled his eyes "Yes I'am excited, I've never been so excited." he responded deadpan. The chatter quite down as an earth pony with gray mane and a light brownish coat entered the stage.

"Fillies, gentle colts and human guests, as mayor of Ponyville, it is my great pleasure to announce the beginning of the Summer Sun Celebration." she declared as the crow cheered. Waiting for the crowd to calm down a little, she continued "In just a few moments our town will witness the magic of the sunrise, and celebrate this, the longest day of the year. And now, it is my great honor to introduce to you the ruler of our land, the very pony who gives us the sun and the moon each and every day, the good, the wise, the bringer of harmony to all of Equestria, Princess Celestia!" The spot lights shined on the curtains, the bird started to sing there chores, but as the curtains pulled away, nobody is standing there. The crowd gasps, confused by whats happening. Twilight looked up towards the moon "This can't be good." just as she finish saying that, a powerful wind blows through city hall, lightning is heard outside as purple smoke filled. The purple smoke starts to take the shape of a dark pony with both wings and a horn, her mane flowing as if held by magic... which makes sense now.

Skywalker raises his eye brows "Definitely not good..." Twilight realizes who it is as she mutters under her breath "Oh no. Nightmare Moon!"

Nightmare Moon took one look through the hall, taking in the terror on the ponies little faces "Oh, my beloved subjects. It's been so long since I've seen your precious little sun-loving faces." Skywalker clenches his fist as he makes his way to the front of the crowd "What did you do with the Princess?" he demanded to know, readying himself for combat. Nightmare Moon looked down at who dared to speak to her that, giving Skywalker a confused look before her expression before turning back to her smug self "You... No... It can't be... Am I not royal enough for you? Don't you know who I am!?" Skywalker looked back at her defiantly "You can be Queen Meanie for all I care! Where is the princess!" he demanded from her again. Nightmare Moons expression became even more angry as she continues "Does my crown no longer count, now that I have been imprisoned for a thousand years?"

"For a over thousand years old pony, you still looks pretty good." Skywalker responded, taking Nightmare Moon aback with his comment. "Yes... Well... Thank you, human. You don't look bad yourself." She responded with a slightly less angrier voice before going right back to her monologue "Did you not recall the legend? Did you not see the signs?" Twilight stepped forwards taking a spot next to Skywalker "I did, and I know who you are. You're the Mare in the Moon. Nightmare Moon!"

Nightmare Moon chuckled "Well well well, somebody who remembers me. Then you also know why I'm here." give Twilight a smug smile, as she tried to remember why Nightmare Moon would be here. Twilight Sparkle gasped at the realization "You're here to... to..."

Nightmare Moon laugh manically, thunder crashing in the background "Remember this day, little ponies, for it was your last. From this moment forth, the night will last forever!" breaks down in an evil laugh.

"So the late night after party will go on forever... Sweet!" McGrath responded at her statement. "Seize her! Only she knows where the Princess is!" Mayor Mare ordered the guards as they approach Nightmare Moon.

"Yea! Seize the evil pony who can teleport and probably knows black magic and stuff! That's a good idea!" Griffifth rolled his eyes.

Nightmare Moon hissed angrily as she surrounds her self in blue flames "Stand back, you foals!" transforms back into purple smoke as she quickly flies away.

Phoenix raised an eyebrow "We're fighting Maleficent now?" notice that Skywalker has run after her.

Outside, Skywalker angrily shakes his fist in the air "Come back here! Come back and fight coward!" he shouts as he gazes towards the sky "Night time? Forever?... No! There must be something I can do..." spot Twilight rushing out of the City Hall and heading towards Golden Oak Library.

A little later, at the Library, Twilight rushes in with a exhausted Spike on her back. "Uh... We gotta stop Nightmare!..." Spike said exhausted as Twilight uses her magic to levitate him into a basket and pulls a blanket over him. "You've been up all night, Spike. You are a baby dragon after all." Twilight responded. As Spike fell asleep, Twilight started to search for a book about the Elements of Harmony "Elements, elements, elements... Ugh! How can I stop the Nightmare Moon without the Elements of Harmony?" doesn't seem to find it. Sucks to be her. Suddenly the door bust open, startling Twilight as Rainbow Dash barges and directly started to question Twilight "And just what are the Elements of Harmony? And how did you know about Nightmare Moon, huh? Are you a spy? Whoa!" get pulled back by Applejack. "Simmer down, Sally. She ain't no spy. But she sure knows what's going on. Don't you, Twilight?" Applejack asked with a calm tone to her voice. Griffifth placed a finger on his chin "I didn't knew her name was Sally." McGrath pinched the bridge of his nose before responding "Its a figure of speech, dumbass!" Griffith flashed him a glare "Don't call me a dumbass!"

McGrath gave him a similar glare back "Don't tell me what to do... Dumbass!" he said the last word with extra volume, increasing Griffifth's anger. Pinkie Pie got between the two as she stared at McGrath "Don't yell at Griff Griff!" she said getting in McGrath's face. Before McGrath could respond Rarity got between them and gave Pinkie an odd look "Don't yell at McGrath, Pinkie Pie. Griffith started it." McGrath was taken aback by her sudden support "Thank you... Rarity." Skywalker, Rainbow and Twilight look on as they continue to bicker.

Rainbow leans towards Skywalker "Do they do this often?" she asked in a whisper. "Well, there rather mild today. Normally they are already shooting fire balls around the room." Skywalker responded causally before continuing "Hey! Aren't we supposed to find a way to stop Nightmare Moon or something along those lines!" Skywalker shouted to the bickering group, making them shut up at last. Twilight looked up "Oh right, I almost forgot why where here. I read all about the prediction of Nightmare Moon. Some mysterious objects called the Elements of Harmony are the only things that can stop her, but I don't know what they are, where to find them, I don't even know what they do!" Twilight explained as the rest started to ponder. Skywalker tapped his chin, deeply in thought as he mumble to himself "Where could we possible find information..."

Pinkie cuts him off as she looks up the bookshelf "The Elements of Harmony: A Reference Guide For Fools." Everybody turned their heads towards her "How did you find that!?" McGrath asked her before she cut him off "It was under 'E'!" she replied with a sing-song voice.

Twilight takes the guide off the shelf and starts to flip through the pages "Oh. There are seven Elements of Harmony, but only five are known: Kindness, Laughter, Generosity, Honesty, and Loyalty."

"Skywalker!" McGrath shouted out of no where and giving him a smirk. "What!?" Skywalker responded, wondering why McGrath started to shout his name all of a sudden.

"Ah come on! You are Loyalty's avatar! Heck, you'r the embodiment of the Elements! Goody Two Shoe." McGrath said, but before Skywalker could give him a retort Rainbow cut in "Don't talk to Skywalker like that! He's more pony than you will ever be!"

Skywalker smiled at her remark "Thanks Rainbow!... I think." wondering if she meant that 'more pony' part as a complement.

Twilight cleared her throat before continuing "Yes... Okay. The sixth and seventh are a complete mystery. It is said, the last known location of the first five elements was in the ancient castle of the royal pony sisters. It is located in what is now..."

A little while later, they arrive in front of the Everfree Forest. "The Everfree Forest!" everybody exclaimed in surprised. "How did we know that name?" Phoenix asked McGrath. Giving him an anoyed look McGrath responded "How am I supposed to know!". Phoenix shook his shoulders "I don't know. Aren't you supposed to be a super-genius!" before McGrath could replay Skywalker cut in to break up their bickering "If you guys don't stop fighting, I'm going to fry you all to a crisp." this made Phoenix and McGrath shut up, as they walk towards the forest.

"That's pretty dark." Rainbow responded to Skywalker's threat. "Sometimes it's needed." Skywalker answered with mild indiffrence, "Hey, Rainbow! First who makes it into the forest!" dashes to the forest. "No fair! You got a head start!" chases after him.

Griffith pumps his fist "What are we waiting for?" readies himself to follow the rest. Twilight steps in front of them, stopping them in their track "Not so fast. Look, I appreciate the offer, but I'd really rather do this on my own." Everybody laughs at her remark as Applejack continued "No can do, sugar cube. We sure ain't letting any friend of ours go into that creepy place alone. We're sticking to you like caramel on a candy apple." runs after the rest as Twilight couldn't help but give a little smile at her remark. Pinkie Pie leans towards Twilight "Especially if there's candy apples in there." Twilight gave her a weird look at her remark. Griffith chipped in "Those things are good." As they start making their way towards the castle, McGrath proposes a game "Wanna play, guess the Musical?" Skywalker responded "Sure, not that we have anything better to do."

PreviousChapters Next