• Published 4th Jan 2015
  • 2,679 Views, 108 Comments

Quest For Equestria - Skyguy626



No two Worlds are the same... Neither are two people. Now enjoy this odd mix.

  • ...
63
 108
 2,679

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 18: My Greatest Failure

"No way!" Phoenix exclaimed with a mischievous smile, leaning over the sofa as Pinkie nodded energetically, "Yes way! I saw it myself!" she said grinning ear to ear.

"I can't believe this! So who do you think..." Phoenix asked before being interrupted, "What are you two talking about?".

Turning around they saw that Griffifth was leaning in the door opening.

"I just saw Skywalker buy a whole bunch of ingredients!" Pinkie said as if that explained everything. Griffifth gave them a puzzling look before continuing "Sooo... Why is that so strange?", as he asked that Phoenix and Pinkie dropped their heads.

"Duh!" Phoenix was the first to speak up, "It's obvious he's going to cook for a girl! A certain blue pegasi if I'm guessing correctly." he stated. Pinkie shook her head in confusion, "What? Him and Rainbow? No way! He's obviously going to cook for Twilight!" she said. The two of them got in a heated discussion as to who was the lucky mare, Skywalker was going to cook for.

Griffifth pinched the bridge of his nose and closing his eyes, "You two are idiots." he said as he left the room.

Meanwhile at Fluttershy's Cottage, a knock was heard on the front door. Placing a bandage around a injured bird, "Who's there?" she asked as she approached the door.

"It's a me, Jason Skywalker!" Skywalker's voice came from the other side of the door, "Could you please open the door? I have something for you." he said as Fluttershy gained a blush, "He has something for me? A present? Something romantic? Oh no don't be silly Fluttershy, he probably has some missed placed mail for you." she thought to herself as she opened the door, and there stood Skywalker, holding a gray carton box.

"Uhm... Hi." she said with a small voice, gaining a huge blush. "Oh great! Now he will think I don't want to talk to him!" she thought to herself as he opened the box. Inside she could see that it was filled with cookie's, shaped like a butterfly. She looked up at him, giving him a questioning look as to why he would show this to her.

"These are for you, I baked them myself. " he said proudly as he placed the box on a nearby table. He looked at her before his expression became serious, "I know you don't like me very much." he said to the shock of Fluttershy.

"W-What makes you think that?" she asked, the color draining from her face. "Well..." he started crossing his arms, "I noticed that you hardly talk when I'm around, when I enter the room you just stop speaking and if I say something to you, even if it's a compliment, your face turns red from anger." he explained as he headed to the door, "See it as a peace offering. Anyway I got to go, see you around." he waved at her before running off.

"He..." Fluttershy said slowly to herself, "He thinks I hate him?". Walking over to the box, she picked out one of the cookies and took a bite, her eyes winded at how good they were.

Over at Sugarcube Corner, McGrath was sitting at a table trying to read a book.

"Here's you coffee, black no sugar." Mrs Cake said, placing the cup on his table as he closed his book. "Thank you Mrs Cake." he said as he took a sip, savoring the taste. "Hmm, this is some great coffee, thank you Mrs Cake." he said, as Mrs Cake told him that it was no problem.

"I have what he is having." an elegant voice said, as the owner took a seat across from him. "Certainly Rarity." Mrs Cake said as she headed back to the kitchen.

"What do you want?" McGrath said, placing his cup down, giving her an annoyed look. "I wanted to talk to you..." she started.

"Your doing it now." he interrupted, taking another sip from his cup. Rarity looked at him, waiting for him to say more. "You are very quiet." she finally said as Mrs Cake placed Rarity's order on the table. "Only compared to some." McGrath responded, placing his now empty cup back on the table.

"I... I wanted to talk to you... about that night..." Rarity said, and for the first time since she sat down, McGrath's expression changed from expressionless to shocked.

"I'm not going to discuss that night, all five of us agreed that that night never happened." he said standing up, placing some bits on the table to cover their coffee. He was about to walk away, but Rarity next words stopped him dead in his tracks, "It was my first time!".

He turned around to face her, Rarity was close to crying. He walked back to her, whipping the single tear that had escaped her beautiful sapphire blue eyes. "Listen uhm..." he said slowly, struggling to find the right words, "I... I'm sorry, I mean it. But you shouldn't get involved with a guy like me." he turned his eyes away from her, Rarity noticed for a fleeting moment that there was sorrow in McGrath's emerald green eyes, she also noticed that nearly all the harshness had disappeared from his voice. "A girl like you can do so much better than me and..." he said standing up and heading towards a door "I could never deserve someone like you." he ran out of the door before she could respond.

Over at Canterlot, Skywalker headed out of the train station looking for Shining Armor, as he has done for the past two month's.

Unfortunately he didn't saw the captain anywhere in the crowd, which is strange as he was always one time. Skywalker took a seat on the stairs. After another ten minutes, a orange pegasi guard with blue mane. What Skywalker could make of the guards was that he was young, probably his age.

"Jason Skywalker?" he asked, yep he was Skywalker's age. "Yes, that's me." he said standing up, "Who's asking?".

The young guard made a bow before answering, "Flash Sentry is the name, newest recruit of the guards stationed here in Canterlot." he said standing back up. "Ah." Skywalker said, "I was wondering what Shining Armor had done to his coat. Speaking of which where is he?" he looked around but the captain was nowhere in sight.

"He requested to meet you at the Canterlot Cafe. Something about your training being delayed of something." Flash answered as Skywalked nodded, "Alright, lead the way.".

Flash Sentry gave him an excited nod, leading him towards the shopping district. Flash kept glancing over Skywalker, as if wanting to ask something. "Yes?" Skywalker asked, trying to break the silence. "Uhm..." Flash started, "You don't always wear clothes, do you?" he asked. "Not when I'm naked I don't." Skywalker replied dryly, making Flash chuckle.

"He's alright." Skywalker thought to himself, "Can I ask you something else?" Flash said, Skywalker nodded him to continue.

"About sixteen years ago, a major battle was fought near Canterlot." Flash started, "A bunch of ape like creatures appeared and fought using laser swords and swords shaped like key's. My mother, who was pregnant with me at the time, was saved by a female human." Flash said, Skywalker didn't respond, not knowing where he was going with this, "She had the same eye color as you, so I thought... Maybe, you wouldn't know her by any chance?" he finally asked as Skywalker crossed his arms.

"Hey, one time I ran across this pegasi. Brightly colored, fast. You think you may know her?" Skywalker asked him, as Flash quickly said, "I didn't mean to offend you! I was just curios if you may knew her, she save my mother's and by extension my live so..." he quickly said as Skywalker started to laugh, "At ease soldier, I was just messing with you.", Flash gained a blush of embarrassment. "And as for your question... No, I never met anyone, well not a human that is, with my eye color." Skywalker answered as they stop in front of Canterlot Cafe. Looking through the window, he could see Shining Armor sitting at a table talking to a pink unicorn, with purple and golden manes, he also noticed the look they were giving each other, so he planed some mischief as he entered the cafe.

"SHINING ARMOR!" Skywalker shouted as soon as he entered, making Flash flinch by his sudden outburst. Shining Armor turned around so fast, his head almost popped off his neck, "So you stood me up for her? What does she have that I don't?" Skywalker said with mock anger.

Shining Armor gave a relieved sigh as Skywalker, Flash and the pony laughed at his expense.

"You must be the illustrious Skywalker." she started, extending her hoof as a form of greeting, "I'm princess Mi Amore Cadenza, Cadance for sort." she said friendly as Skywalker shook her hoof. "Wait, princess?" he thought to himself looked to her side and indeed, there were a pair of wings on her side. "Hey!" the voice of Cadance said, snapping Skywalker out of his thought, "My eyes are up here." Cadance said with a similar mock anger he himself used a few moments earlier.

"I'm sorry. Anyway, why did you want to meet me here, Shining?" Skywalker asked as he took a seat. Looking over his shoulder, he saw that Flash Sentry was standing next to him, his eyes studying the crowd for potential threats.

"The princess asked me to give you a message." Shining Armor whispered, giving Cadance a quick look, "She found a way to remove your... uhm, problem.". Skywalker quickly realized what he meant and asked, "She has?".

Shining Armor gave him a quick nod, "It's going to be difficult and I don't know all the details..." he said before Cadance interrupted him.

"Were going use magic to send someone in your Aria Of The Soul, and have them break that door open." she explained. "Inside the memory there will be... something. Once that is gone the mental block should be gone too.". Skywalker thought for a moment before asking, "Who are we gonna send in?" Skywalker asked, but before Shining Armor could answer, Cadance spoke up, "It can be just about anyone. Well, I can't do it since I will be conducting the spell. It's tricky Alicorn magic, but Celestia herself has offered to be enter herself." she said, noticing Skywalker thinking.

"Actually, I have someone else in mind." Skywalker said, as he stood up, "When is the next train coming from Ponyville?"

"I got your message." Phoenix said, "You sure you want me to do that?" he asked, giving a questing look.

"Ya, I want you to help Big Macintosh with some shopping." Applejack said, as she gave another kick to a apple tree, making it drop apples in the basket.

"Well, okay then." Phoenix said shrugging his shoulder, "Thank's Sugarcube, I think he could use some guy friends." she gave him a grateful smile.

Soon after Phoenix and Big Macintosh made there way towards the market place, he tried to strike up a conversation but Big Macintosh did not say much other than "Eeyup" and "Eynope.".

"Your not much of a talker are you?" Phoenix noted, which got replied with the standerd, "Eeyup.".

Phoenix rolled his eyes as he placed his arms behind the back of his head, "That's okay I guess. That means I can talk for both of us." he said grinning at his large companion... No response.

"You know..." Phoenix said, trying to get a reaction out of Big Mac, "Your sister has a nice flank. It looks like a big round apple, I totally wanna have a bite out of her fruit... Woah!" Phoenix was suddenly throw to the floor, he quickly rolled on his back to see a angry Big Macintosh standing over him.

"You stay away from my sister!" he said, the tone of his voice, the way angry look he was giving him, all that made Phoenix burst out in laughter. Big Macintosh quickly took a few steps back, thinking Phoenix might have gone insane. Phoenix stood up, laughing all the while, "Your just the kind of guy I thought you were." he said as he dusted himself off, "You don't let anyone say shit about your family, I can respect that." patting Big Macintosh on the back.

Phoenix resumed walking, but Big Mac was dumbfound by that this guy could so easily push his buttons.

Meanwhile back at Canterlot castle, Skywalker, Celestia and Cadance were sitting in the garden waiting for Skywalker's chosen to arrive.

"Are you really sure? I would gladly..." Celestia started but was cut short by the arrival of Rainbow Dash.

Rainbow looked over at the group, "So... Why did you need my assistance?" she asked as Celestia explained the situation to her.

"I see..." Rainbow said giving a confidante smile, "I'll do anything for my buddy Jason. So how are we gonna enter his... Saria Of The Oul?" he asked.

"It's Aria Of The Soul and I will use my Alicorn magic to link your mind to his." Cadance answered, "You may be wondering why I specifically have to do this, well. Mental blocks are caused by extreme traumatizing emotions. As I am the princess of love, I am the most qualified to preform the spell. A high level unicorn or even any other Alicorn can also enter someones mind, but they need to ask permission first." she explained as Skywalker chuckled.

"So we're going by vampire rules now?" he said gaining an angry look from Cadance, "Just trying to light the mood." he said. "I will take the role as navigator, I will try yo guide you as much as possible, Rainbow Dash." Celestia said as Cadance instructed them to sit across from each other. "But it must be you who will break the seal." Celestia added as Cadance horn starts to glow.

"Thank you for doing this for me, Dashie." Skywalker said, gaining a nod from Rainbow, "Of course, I will never let any of my friends down."

They both gave each other one last look in the eyes, Skywalker's amber colored in her cerise once's, as a bright flash of pink enveloped them.

Rainbow felt as if she took a dive in a cold lake. Opening her eyes, she saw that she was floating towards a a glass pillar, on the glass floor she could she a sleeping Skywalker. As she landed she quickly went to the large stone door. "Hey listen! Hey listen!" Rainbow turned to the source of the sound. A small purple glowing orb with butterfly wings flowed towards her, "It seems you have arrived. Good." the voice of Celestia came from the fairy.

"Princess is that you?" Rainbow asked as the fairy flew over to her. "Yes, this is the form I will take as your guide. Now on to the task at hand." Fairy Celestia said, floating towards the door. "When your ready, place your hoof on the door and we shall begin.". Rainbow nodded as she step to the door. "Once the memory starts to play, look for something like a glowing orb." fairy Celestia instructed as Rainbow touched the door, black bolts of lightning disappeared from the door, a bright light appeared from the creeks of the door, blinding them.

As the light slows down, Rainbow felt herself being pulled along with a black blur. Making her way through a large city along with the blur, on closer inspection it appeared to be Skywalker, running at Mach-1 speed.

"Damn it, damn it! Run faster!" the memory Skywalker shouted to himself as a voice spoke to him, "Hurry up, little hero. If you don't they all die!" the voice threated him, as Skywalker groaned in annoyed, "You don't have to remind me..." as he jumped up to the a building and run up its length.

One think Rainbow noticed was that Skywalker's eyes seem to glow faintly, something they didn't do anymore. Arriving at the top of the thirteen store building, Rainbow could see six people hanging from ropes. Skywalker quickly got them down before jumping off the building, he landed with a shoulder roll and continued his mad run.

"Why would he still be running? They are all saved..." Rainbow muttered to herself, but soon she could see the reason. On top of a larger building, another person was dangling over the edge by a rope. Skywalker increased his speed but a loud bang was heard and the person plummet to the ground. "CLAIRE NO!" Skywalker shouted as he rushed to the place she should have landed. "Even with all this power... I'm still powerless..." Skywalker thought echoed through the memory. Skywalker's hands glowed with some blue energy as he cradled the body.

Rainbow notice that the girl he was holding had long golden blond hair, she opened her green eyes just for another moment.

"Ja-Jason..." the girl named Claire said with a weak voice, giving him a faint smile. "Don't talk." Skywalker said, he tried to remain calm but his voice was betraying his panic. "I'll get you to a hospital." he started but Claire shushed him, "No... Its too late..." she said, trying to reassure him. "Please... Don't leave me..." Skywalker begged, his voice started to break. Even Rainbow shed a tear, she had never seen Skywalker so desperate. "I'm proud of you..." Claire said weakly, placing her hand on his face, "You use your powers to help people. I'll love you, Jason Skywalker. Until the end of time..." with that, she closed her eyes, never to open them again. Skywalker cradles his girlfriends body and cries softly. Suddenly, Skywalker's eyes led up, his pupils and iris gone, replaced by a all glowing light, a blue aura surrounding his body, he let out a cry of rage, his power so great the windows in the nearby building shattered to pieces, lantern poles bending over as if a invisible hand was snapping them.

And so the memory melted away, leaving Rainbow standing in a white void. In the middle a small black orb floated, black lightning sparks sprang from it at regular intervals.

"That's it Rainbow, destroy that orb." the voice of Celestia said. Whipping the tear from her face, Rainbow nodded. She placed her hoof on it and as hard as she could, slammed it into the white ground, shattering it into a thousand little pieces. The moment the orb shattered, she felt herself being pulled back.

Rainbow felt herself falling back into her body, as if falling into a chair. "A-And? Did it work?" Rainbow asked, feeling herself a bit sick.

"I believe it did." Cadance said looking towards Skywalker. His eyes were a all compassing blue for a moment before it returned back to their normal amber ones. Stream of tears fell from his as, as he himself fell forward. Celestia reacted first, ignoring her own tears as she placed her wings around him. Skywalker had no memory of ever being hugged like this, as though by a mother.

PreviousChapters Next