• Published 4th Jan 2015
  • 2,679 Views, 108 Comments

Quest For Equestria - Skyguy626



No two Worlds are the same... Neither are two people. Now enjoy this odd mix.

  • ...
63
 108
 2,679

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 20: Discord Strikes Back

"Haha and then what?" Rainbow asked, still sitting on Skywalker's bed, she had spend the entire night with him, just talking. "Then I accidentally throw Phoenix into a wall. We all thought he had a few broken bones but he just got up and said 'That was amazing!'." they both burst out in laughter as a weird sound came from Skywalker's pocket.

Rainbow looked at him curiously as Skywalker took his phone out of his pocket, "What is that?" Rainbow asked, as Skywalker raised his eyebrow. "This is my phone, you must have see me use it a few times." Skywalker answered, Rainbow shook her head and started to explain, "I have seen it a few times, but what does it do?".

"You can do a lot of things on a phone." Skywalker explained as he showed each application off, "Gaming, watching video, surf on the internet, listen to music. ". Rainbow chuckled at that last thing, "You seriously want me to believe that that little plastic thing can make music?" she said obviously not believing him.

"Listen for yourself." Skywalker said as he put his ear plugs in Rainbow's ears.

He hit play and to Rainbow's shock, a guitar started to play, just as she was starting to get into the music the lyric's kicked in.

You see me soaring through the sky, I see you below as you walk on by, I could clear the sky in 10 second flat, How about that?

A male voice sang, as the song finished, Rainbow pulled out the earplugs and smiled, "Alright, I believe you now.", she said gaining a smirk from Skywalker. "You like?" he asked as she nodded her head, "I love it! Were can I buy something like that?" she asked excited.

He shrug his shoulders before saying, "I don't think you'll find one in Equestria anytime soon... Wait! You can have mine!" he said, handing her his phone.

"W-What? Why are you giving it to me?" she said, blushing because a boy had given her a gift. "Well you gave me that awesome necklace, so I'm giving you this in return." he said, as Rainbow studied the phone in her hooves, "To recharge it, just give it a little lightning bolt." he added pinching his thumb and index finger.

"Thanks Jason." Rainbow said, looking away from him trying to hide her blush. "Now, you get some sleep. You're still not recovering..." she couldn't finish the sentence as a commotion was heard down stairs.

"Guys! Something is wrong with the water!" Phoenix said, as he had a glass full of brown water. "I hope it's chocolate milk..." Griffifth said as Phoenix took a sip. "Holy crap, it is chocolate milk!" he said, gaining a look of disgust from his friends.

"Uhm, guys..." Sutakira said, looking out the window. All sort of strange things are happening, clouds made of cotton candy, bunnies with stretched legs hopping past, and McGrath is having an indifferent expression on his face!... No, wait stretch that, that's normal.

"Is the world ending or something?" Sutakira said as a bright light filled the room.

As the light shimmered down, four of the five guys and the six girls were standing in a bright hall, the glass was nicely decorated, as if it was telling a story.

"Will someone please explain what is going on!" Sutakira shouted. Moments after those words left his mouth, Celestia appeared, a concern look on her face.

"Princess Celestia!" Twilight was the first to speak up, "Is this about the weather? And the animals' weird behavior? And?..." she started.

"What's happening out there?" Griffifth asked bluntly.

"I've called you here for a matter of great importance." Celestia started, making Griffifth roll his eyes, as it is obvious there is something important, "It seems an old foe of mine, someone I thought defeated long ago, has returned. His name... is Discord." she explained, the gang gaining a worried look them self.

"Discord is the mischievous spirit of disharmony." the princess continued, but Griffifth interrupted her, "So he's a dick?" he said dryly.

Celestia shook her head, trying to compose herself before pointing to one of the windows. On said window, a battle was depicted between a strange creature, which the gang assumed to be Discord, and a pegasi, a earth pony, a unicorn, two alicorn's, which they assumed were the younger versions of Celestia and Luna, a winged pony with two horns and weirdest of all, a human in heavy looking armor and a cape.

"Before we had the kingdom of Equestria, the lands were ruled by separate republic's, the leaders of said republic's formed the Council, to rule fairly over the land. Humans, ponies, dragons, everybody lived side by side in peace, until he came. Discord and his army of ever growing corrupted waged war on the Council, intend to conquer the land and rule it in an eternal state of unrest and unhappiness. After discovering the Elements of Harmony, we combined our powers and rose up against him, after a long and bloody battle, were we lost many friends and... loved ones, we turning him to stone." she told them as they looked on in awe. "I thought the spell we cast would keep him contained forever, but since Luna and I are no longer connected to the Elements, the spell has been broken. I need you to wield the Elements of Harmony once again and stop Discord before he thrusts all of Equestria into eternal chaos." she finished as a held out a box.

"I have total confidence that you will be able to defeat Discord with these!" Celestia said as she opened the box, everybody was stunned as were the elements were supposed to be, there was nothing! Nothing at all!

"The Elements! They're gone!" Twilight exclaimed as Griffifth rolled his eyes again, "Yeah, no shit smart guy. This doesn't make sense!" he said.

Suddenly, a loud laughter is heard form the walls, it became louder and louder before it spoke up, "Make sense? Oh, what fun is there in making sense?" the voice said as Celestia quickly realized who it was, "Discord... Show yourself!" she commanded.

A bright flash came from one of the window's and the Discord depicted on it started to move, as if alive.

"Did you miss me, Tia? I missed you." Discord said with a menacing grin, "It's quite lonely being encased in stone, but you wouldn't know that, would you, because I don't turn ponies into stone. So how are you and your sib... Oh wait, now I remember, a better question would be how are Tafeile, Rire, Arlighet and Cae..." he started but Celestia cut him off before he could say the last name, "Don't you dare to speak their names!" she said, the anger in her voice apparent, even Twilight had never heard her mentor speak in that tone, "What have you done with the Elements of Harmony!?" she commanded as Discord laughed her off, "Oh, I just borrowed them for a teensy little while." he said, for the first time overlooking the group gathered before him, "Oh my dark messiah! Humans! I haven't seen your kind around since... well yesterday actually... So you ten are the new W.O.H.? Man, did they pick a bunch of rag tag misfits this time. None of you look like you're half the hero the others were!" Discord complained, obviously he was not impressed by the heroes. We'll fix that soon.

"Stop stalling, Discord! What have you done with the Elements of Harmony?" Celestia commanded, gaining a yawn from Discord, "Oh, so boring, Celestia. Really? Fine, I'll tell you, but I'll only tell you my way. To retrieve your missing Elements, just make sense of this change of events. Twists and turns are my master plan. Then find the Elements back where you began." he told them as he disappeared in a bright flash, laughing all the while.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Phoenix asked confused, as the others started to think.

Twilight muttered to herself, "Twists and turns... twists and turns... twists and turns! That's it! I bet Discord hid the Elements in the palace labyrinth!" she declared, but Sutakira shook his head.

"When have we been to the palace labyrinth." Sutakira explained, "We began at your library Twilight. That is were the Elements must be."

Twilight thought about it for a moment, "Yeah, that makes way more sense." she said as she galloped out of the room.

"No, it doesn't." Phoenix said as the group rushed after her.

"Good luck, my little heroes." Celestia said, "The fate of Equestria is in your hooves." turning her gaze to the stained window.

Meanwhile, thousands of miles away.

Skywalker woke up, he found himself laying down on a glass stained floor, his surroundings covered by complete, darkness.

"Were am I now?" the moment he said those words his surrounding shattered like a mirror, suddenly he found himself standing in an open field. A loud screams were heard all around him, on closer inspection he saw a humans and ponies alike being attack by strange black creatures. They seemed similar to the creatures he had seen just before arriving in Equestria.

A young woman carrying a young child as she tried to flee from the creatures, but she tripped, making her an easy prey for the monster. It lounged at her, Skywalker tried to jump in front of her but before he could react a blur of white slashed the creature in half, making both sides disappear in black goo.

The woman looked up at her savior, who was a knight in bright white armor, a black cape spread from his back. He held up a zwëihander as his head, covered in a helmet turned towards her.

"It's not save here, get to the castle quick!" he commanded, Skywalker noted that his armor kinda made him look like a medieval Darth Vader. The woman bowed her head in gratitude before picking up the child and ran off in the forest.

"Saving another damsel, art thou not?" A white alicorn with pink manes said, as she landed next to him. A chuckle was heard from under his helmet, "What art thou doing here, beloved? I thought thou would stay with the refugees." the knight said, taking off his helmet. From his point of view, Skywalker could not see his face. He tried to move but his legs seem to be melted to the floor.

"We just couldn't let thou go, my love." the alicorn said, turning her gaze to the ground, "We've already lost so much, we couldn't bare to lose thou too.", the knight placed his gloved hand on her face, lifting it up before placing his lips on her muzzle.

"Be strong for me my love, I will be with you soon." the knight said placing his helmet back his head. The alicorn gave it one last thought, before listening to the knight's whishes.

Before more could be said, a loud laughter could be heard, "Go! I will try to hold him off." he begged her, "I beg of you, Tia."

The alicorn nodded before teleporting away in a bright flash. Not a moment later, Discord appeared before the knight, accompanied by an army of those strange black creatures.

"Oh, my stomach!" Discord laughed, before gesturing at the creatures, "Caelum, you've got to see what I just did.", the knight didn't lose composure, but his stance seem to prepare himself for battle.

"It's priceless!" Discord said as he made one of the black creatures dance, "Come now,Caelumaruku. You've got to get into the spirit of things! After all, you lost." he said as the knight raised his sword.

"Thou hasn't won yet, Discord." he said, pointing his sword to were the creatures heart would be. "Please." Discord said in disbelieve, "All your friends are dead... or worse. So...", the knight shook his head, "Listen thou freak of nature. The first mistake thou made is messing with my comrades! Their physical form might be gone, but they are still right here." the knight place a hand on his left chest, "So listen real good Discord. Tia might wanted to seal you in stone, but I'm not as forgiving. Mark my words, I will kill thou!" he declared as he takes his battle pose.

"Sounds like a empty threat." Discord responded, sounding bored.

"No, it's not." the knight said, "It's a promise." the knight charged at Discord as the black creatures jumped to defend their master.

"I'm sorry, Celestia... I might not make it back as soon as I promised." the knight thought as the memory dissolved.

"What was that all about?" Skywalker thought to himself. His thoughts were answered by the appearance of a white pony with light blue manes. He also had a pair of horns on his head along with two large wings on his body.

"Hallo," Skywalker said, "Who are you?"

The bicorn didn't respond, it kept staring until it had a good look of Skywalker, "Thou art the one.", it said gaining a puzzling look from Skywalker.

The bicorn continued, "Thou will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind thou, they will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join thou in the sun, Jason Skywalker. In time, thou will help them accomplish wonders." he said as his horns glowed in a brilliant blue light, and with a bright flash, Skywalker was back in his bed.

Sitting straight up, he noticed a golden bracelet, with a strange heart shaped symbol on it. Looking closer it looked like one of the Elements Of Harmony the guys wielded.

A sudden burst of pain erupted in his chest, closing his eyes he saw his friends defeated in front of the same creature he just saw in that strange dream.

"Never... Again." Skywalker said, standing up, pulling his shirt over his head, he made his way towards the cliff overlooking Ponyville. Taking a few deep breaths, he closes his eyes while crouching down. He places his fist on the ground, as the old conversation replays in his head.

Thanks to the yellow sun, your cells have drunk in its radiation, strengthening your muscles, your skin, your senses. You've grown stronger here than I ever could've imagined. The only way to know how strong is to keep testing your limits.

Thanks to the building up energy, small rocks and some dirt starts to float off the ground. Opening his eyes, Skywalker blasts off into the air, a trail of dust raising from the ground. He kept gaining altitude, this time he knew he wouldn't crash, as he made his way towards the center of Ponyville.

Author's Note:

Next time, it's time for a boss battle!
Also, yay new cover art (I hope you like it):twilightsmile:
If your curious what song Jason had Rainbow listen to in the beginning of this chapter, click on link down below. Ever since I heard that song I always thought that would be the song that symbolize the bond those to have or their love theme if I decided to pair them up (the song works both ways).

PreviousChapters Next