• Published 4th Jan 2015
  • 2,681 Views, 108 Comments

Quest For Equestria - Skyguy626



No two Worlds are the same... Neither are two people. Now enjoy this odd mix.

  • ...
63
 108
 2,681

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 24: Our First Date

"And then Jason tore the door clean off its hinges, walked into the room and..." Rainbow told a gathered crowd at Sugarcube Corner, but before she could continue the story, she saw Skywalker walking towards her, "Uhm, I'll continue the story another time." she said as the crowed bowed before Skywalker as they took there leave.

"Got a minute, Dashie?" Skywalker asked as he took a seat across form her. She gave him a grin, "For you I have all the time in the world!", she said as Mrs. Cake took his order. "Though I'm surprised your still coming to Sugarcube Corner, shouldn't you be hanging out with all the fancy smanchy nobles up in Canterlot?" Rainbow said, teasing Skywalker a bit. She new for a fact that he hated socializing with the aristocracy.

"You know I only attend those formal banquets held in my honor because I have to." Skywalker said as Mrs. Cake came back with his order, "And besides, the waitresses are way cuter here." he added with a chuckle, making Mrs. Cake flinch at the compliment.

"Now that were talking about you, there is this rumor going around for the past two weeks." Rainbow started, gaining an uneasy smile from her friend, "It seems that you and Princess Luna have become a couple. So what's going on, Jason?" she asked, giving him a curious look.

Skywalker took a few sips from his drink before answering, "Jealous? I never took you for the type, Dashie." he responded, making her blush. Leaning closer he whisped, "I'm flattered.", he couldn't help but burst out in laughter at his best friend's face, it was almost as red as the red from her mane.

"It's the manes isn't it? Guys can never resist it." she chuckled, stroking her mane as the red flushing out her face a little. "Listen, as your friend, I feel like I'm doing you a disservice if I didn't say something. The princess has been locked away on the moon for a thousand of years, she may have some... issues." she said with a worried tone.

Skywalker gave her a reassuring smile, "Don't worry, Dashie. I know what I'm doing.", Rainbow nodded, though not entirely convinced.

They both munched on some of the cupcakes, screw the waitresses, this is the reason he keeps going to Sugarcube Corner! Saying goodbye, Skywalker headed home.

As he walked into the living room he noticed a certain Alicorn sitting on the sofa, playing on the gaming console.

"Stand! On! The freaking! Point!" Luna commanded, "Do you even know how to play this game!?" shouting through the headset to her team mates. "Wait, we have a girl in this lobby!?" a surprised voice shouted from the screen. Obviously they hadn't noticed that Luna was playing with them.

"Ayup! And guess who has the bigger dick!?" Luna shouted as the game ended in her team losing.

Skywalker had to fight back to not break out in laughter, as Luna noticed him standing there. "So your having fun." he said taking a seat next to her as she removed the headset and powered down the console.

Placing a soft kiss on her muzzle, Luna giggled as she said, "Anyways, there's a restaurant in Canterlot that is having it's grand opening tonight, and we've been invited as a VIP." she said showing him a similar invitation he had received a few days ago.

"Won't there be a lot of important people there?" Skywalker asked unsure, even though it has been a Knight of a month now, he still wasn't used by all the attention he got when he left Ponyville.

Sure, he still got the awed look now and again, but the citizens of Ponyville knew that behind all the rumors and legend making he was still a normal guy. Well, a normal guy who can fly and shoot laser beams from his eyes but still.

Luna gave him a teasing grin, "You're not intimidated, are you?", he knew her boyfriend would never back down from a challenge.

"Of course not." Skywalker said giving her a reassuring grin, "But, there's bound to be paparazzi there." he started but Luna placed a wing around him.

It was moments like these that she knew that her Jason, despise of his power, he is still one of the most human of them all.

"I'll make sure that we don't get harassed at the restaurant tonight, and if we do, then I'll simply tell the paparazzi that we're just friends." Luna said, placing her head on his shoulder, "And if they don't I'll just sent my boyfriend after them.". Skywalker leaned his head on hers as he gave a soft chuckle at her last remark.

That evening, Skywalker and Luna both rode Luna's royal carriage to the restaurant. Skywalker was dressed in a white evening coat, over a red dress shirt and a black tie. His dress pants were the same tint of black as his tie. Princess Luna herself is wearing one of her dark blue form fitting gowns. "So... who's gonna be there?" Skywalker said trying to make some small talk.

"Hmmm... Some pretty important people, I guess." Luna said, trying to think up who could be showing up, "Hoity Toity, Photo Finish, Sapphire Shores, Fancy Pants, who knows who'll be there? Though hopefully Prince Blueblood won't be.", she said that last name with a hint of irritation.

All Skywalker knew about Blueblood was that he was Celestia and therefor Luna's nephew, though not much else. "How so?" he decided to ask, if even Luna didn't like him there must be a good reason. What was the worst he could have done? Releasing this worlds version of Loki? And after he was defeated using some black magic to transform him into a Kaiju?

"I don't like his douchebag attitude." Luna said, surprising Skywalker at the use of her language, "Did I mentioned that Tia told him to his face she like's you more then him." she added that last part with a grin.

Skywalker scratched the back of his head, "You two make me look like I'm a Mary Sue or something..." he muttered more to himself than her but before Luna could as what a Mary Sue was the guards pulling the carriage announced there arrival.

After Skywalker and Princess Luna makes their way inside, they greeted by many famous ponies as well as the restaurant's owner, a lot of them want to shake hands, ask for an autograph, give him their endorsement of his ascension to Knighthood or worse giving invites to other parties the nobles were throwing later in the week, with Equestria's newest knight.

After fending off the worst of the bunch, Skywalker walked over to the dinning area were his date was waiting for him.

"Nice to see you mingling with the other VIPs." Luna said with a chuckle, amused at her boyfriends flabbergasted at all the attention he was getting. "I'll be honest... I'm... Not use to this. People coming up to me, asking my autograph and stuff." he said a little embarrassed, taking a seat across from her.

"You need to get used to that." Luna said trying to sound supportive, "Your the Knight Of The Wind, the greatest champion of Equestria and all that.",

"Yeah, Yeah. With great power comes great headaches." Skywalker said shaking his head, making Luna chuckle at his little joke, "Now that that's out of the way, we can focus on us." he said hopefully, gaining an approving smile from his girlfriend.

"I like the sound of that." she said looking into his eyes, "This may be a party, but I still want to sit and eat."

They both chat for awhile, waiting for there foods, when all of a sudden, a white unicorn with brownish mane with a fedora, a camera, and a notepad approaches the table.

"Princess Luna? Ser Skywalker?" the unicorn said, both Skywalker and Luna looked up before he continued, "I'm Wolthuis, reporter for the Canterlot Times. Would you mind telling me about... Why the Knight Of The Wind is with you this evening?" he asked, hopeful for some juicy gossip.

"Yes, I do mind." Luna responded unenthusiastic, she really wasn't in the mood for dealing with the paparazzi. But the reporter wouldn't be so dismissed that easily, "Come on. I'm sure our readers would love to know about your romantic life."

Luna gave a annoyed groan, "I'm sure they would, but that's privet." gaining a approving nod from Skywalker.

The reporter kept bugging them so Skywalker decided to get rid of him his way.

"Is that Prince Blueblood flirting with Photo Finish?" Skywalker lied as he pointed off in a random direction.

Wolthuis gave in a questioningly look, obviously doubting him, "You don't have to believe me. I'm only the Knight Of the Wind.", as the words leave his mouth, the reporter left in an instant, going off in the direction that Skywalker were pointing at.

"Good job getting him away from here." Luna said, looking around before giving him a quick kiss on the cheek, "He was becoming quite bothersome." she said, as Skywalker smiled, "I know. I didn't want him to ruin our dinner.". This in turn made her smile as she whispered, "Thank you, beloved.", Skywalker looked surprised, as he himself gained a small blush, "Beloved?", giving her a questing look. For the two weeks they have been dating, she had never called him that.

"Yes, that will be my 'pet name' for you. That's the term that is used nowadays, right?" she questing before she realized what he might be thinking, "Do you not like it?" she asked worriedly.

Skywalker quickly shook his head, giving her a warm smile, "Oh, I like it. I'm just really flattered that you feel that way about me."

They both smile at each other, and continue there dinner.

"Skywalker, I have to ask..." Luna said as they rode her carriage back to the castle, "Why me out of everybody?"

Skywalker gave her a puzzling look, "What do you mean?" he asked not getting what Luna was asking him.

"What I mean is..." she paused, trying to find the right words, "You are a super powerful hero, on top of that The Knight Of The Wind, Equestria's greatest hero, who can get anything he wants and out of all the girls you could've been attracted to, like Rarity, or Fluttershy... why me? I don't understand...", she looked him in the eyes, wanting an honest answer.

"What's there to not understand? I think you're prettier than the others. You don't give yourself enough credit, Luna. There's a lot of beautiful things about you." he answered honestly, but she was not convinced so he continued, "Well, there's your mane, for one. It's really nice and neat, and I've caught a couple whiffs of it, and it has a nice scent, plus it helps that blue is my favorite color.", this mad the princess of the night blush.

"Then there's your eyes. Like I said, blue is my favorite color, and your eyes are a beautiful shade of blue. Your personality is attractive, too." he continued, as Luna gave him his undivided attention, "Sure you can lose your temper over things, but the way you do it is pretty adorable.", and if that was not convincing enough, placed a kiss on her muzzle before saying, "I love you Luna....", this made Luna blush even deeper as he strokes her mane.

Author's Note:

Aaaand that's another chapter, hope you enjoyed it and let me know what you think:twilightsmile:
Anyways a good night (or day) to you.

PreviousChapters Next