• Published 4th Jan 2015
  • 2,679 Views, 108 Comments

Quest For Equestria - Skyguy626



No two Worlds are the same... Neither are two people. Now enjoy this odd mix.

  • ...
63
 108
 2,679

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 49: Light The Fire Up In The Night

"uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!" Skywalker shouted at the top of his longs as Shining Armor made the obvious statement that the Empire is under attack. Yeah, no shit Sherlock!

Skywalker flies out of one of the windows overlooking Sombra's gigantic shadow form, launching a few bolts of heat vision at the shadow to draw its attention. As Sombra turned his ugly head towards the source of the attack, all he could see before a hellish pain erupted from his horn. Looking down it had seem that Skywalker had headbutted him against the horn, breaking it in two as the tip disappeared into black smoke. "Ah! My bucking horn!", Sombra roared in pain as he moved back, and with another heat blast from Skywalker he was out of bounds, allowing Cadance to summon back the barrier, baring the evil king access from the empire.

Back in the throne room, none of them could believe Skywalker just headbutted King Sombra! He was either very brave or very foolish, maybe a bit of both. "I have to find the Crystal Heart!" Shining Armor declared, giving his wife a worried luck, he was about to turn around but Skywalker landed in front of him with a thud. "We're kinda running out of time it seems." Skywalker told them as he rubbed his forehead, "New orders! Shining Armor, you stay here with Cadance. Twily, you'll retrieve the Heart, and I'll go look for the Libernomundi. Maybe that stupid book has something that will help us.".

After receiving their new orders, Skywalker and Twilight charged down the stairs where Rainbow flew up to them. "Did you just headbutt, Frowning Smoke Monster Face!?" Rainbow asked her best friend, sure she saw him doing it but it still felt surreal. He gave her a nod as he kept waling, "Yes, I did and...", he stopped in his tracks, turning to face his blue friend, "Frowning Smoke Monster Face?", he asked confused. She then admitted that that's what Pinkie called him.

He gave a quick nod as he started to walk again, "Sounds like her. Anyways, there is something else you can do." he started to explain as Rainbow nodded, "You and the rest of our friends have to keep the Faire going.". She gave a quick nod, showing she understood as she flew off. At the bottom of the stairs Skywalker and Twilight decided to part ways as each of them had to search for something else, he wished her good look before turning around. "Skywalker, be careful." Twilight said with a small voice. Skywalker looked over his shoulder giving her a soft smile, "Am I not always?", after saying that he charged off as his lavender friend rolled her eyes.

A few minutes later, Skywalker was searching through Sombra's old study looking for clue's. Most of Sombra's note's didn't make much to him, all of them were written in some strange langues. As this wasn't getting him anywhere, Skywalker eyes glowed blue for a few seconds indicating he was using his X-ray vision and much to his surprise, he could see stairs under the floor. With one punch, he punched a hole in the floor ripping it from its hinges, revealing a spiraling stair case. Just as he's about to descend, he heard the door opening revealing Phoenix and Big Macintosh who quickly entered.

"Skywalker, wait! we're coming with ya!" Big Macintosh said, as Skywalker gave them a quick nod, "Alright let's go.".

As they walk down the stairs, the tree friends descended into the dark in silence until the red head broke it. "So, Spike's birthday is coming up. What are you guys gonna get him?" Phoenix asked. Big Mac hadn't bought him anything he admitted, but Skywalker told them he brought him a Nintendo 3DS with Pokemon Alpha Sapphire. "What did you got him?" Big Mac asked as Phoenix answered with a mischievous grin, "Fluffy pink handcuffs.".

Big Mac and Skywalker gave each other a 'Can you believe this' look, before the black haired spoke up, "That's what you get everybody for their birthday, and Christmas, and Hanukkah, and...", Phoenix interrupted him by shouting, "Shut up! It's thoughtful!".

"Okay, who wants to bet Sombra's cutiemark was stairs?" Big Mac asked when they finally got to the bottom, but none of them were willing to take that bet. Suddenly a loud explosion was heard in the distance followed by a quake.

"What just happened?" Phoenix asked but before the other two could answer, Twilight's voice echoed inside their hair. "Skywalker, they need you back upstairs! Cadance's magic has failed! Sombra has invaded the Empire and brought those weird black monsters with them."

Skywalker nodded turning to his two companions, "Alright. Phoenix, Big Mac... I hate to ask but could you guys get the Libernomundi?" he asked them, he gained a nod from them before they told him to hurry. And in a flash of light, Skywalker ran back up, leaving the two alone as they entered Sombra's underground library. Bookcase's almost as tall as the ceiling as far as the eye could see. The duo slowly walked forward, the one thing that was bothering them both was how easy it seemed to get here. No traps or anything, but their attention was draw towards a large book with a black leather cover on a pedestal.

The both of them quickly ran towards it, though Big Mac was a little faster. As soon as Big Mac had crossed a certain line, Phoenix could feel himself smack into a invisible wall, the force knocking him on his ass. Looking back up, he could see a book case to have barring him from reaching his friend. "That can't be good...", Phoenix said to himself as he looked for a way in.

Big Mac look back at the bookcase that had erupted behind him, seeing as he had no other way out, he left that to Phoenix as he turned around to grab the Libernomundi but he suddenly felt something or someone grab him by his throat as he felt himself being lifted from the ground. Looking down he could see two purple eyes glaring at him, his first thought was that Phoenix was attacking him, but a feminine voice dismissed that theory.

"So troublesome... I have orders to take out one of the Helements Of Armony wielders, and yet Celestia send you to retrieve the Libernomundi?" Mizuki asked him, she wasn't expecting a response as when someone is crushing your wind pipes doesn't allow for much speech. "Though I'm curious. For the guys, the black haired is obviously the leader, eerie pale brunette is the bad boy with a heart of gold, blond guy is the brooding loner, that red head is the comic relief and bluish hair is the smart one. So, who are you supposed to be?", but Big Mac couldn't answer as he was struggling to breath. Suddenly a hot blue fire ball was launched at them freeing Big Mac from her grip. As he catches his breath, he could see that Mizuki had taken the full hit, setting her cloak on fire, strangely it appeared he didn't received any damage from the fire. "He's the badass normal!" Phoenix shouted from above as he landed between Big Mac and Mizuki, showing her that he was her opponent. "Big Mac, take that stupid book and get out of here! I'll hold her off.", he said the exit opened. Not wanting to get in between them, Big Mac grabbed the Libernomundi between his teeth as he made a run for it. To Phoenix surprise Mizuki seemed unconcerned as she took a fighting stance herself. "Then I'll guess I'll kill you, Honesty. My name is Mizuki by the way, I think its only proper to tell my name to those who will die soon." she told him as she conjured two balls of fire in each hand, shocking Phoenix.


Skywalker woke up on a stone floor. He quickly stood up looking at his surroundings, as he recalled what happened. The remaining Harmonic Heroes were defending the crystal ponies against those black creatures as he himself was fighting Sombra himself. At one point Sombra had used his tendrils to grab him and throw him inside himself. He remembered shouting to Sutakira to contain him using his super powers. That was as far as his memory got him, but it didn't explain why he was at Avatar Aang Memorial Island. Unbeknownst to him, a bola is thrown at his feet and Skywalker is dragged into the base of the statue.

As soon as he reaches the center, he finds himself surrounded by a circle of twenty-one humans dressed in black. Skywalker quickly spins back to his feet taking his fighting stance. "You have arrived.", a calm voice told him, turning around he saw their leader, Amon standing there.

Without thinking, Skywalker tried to blast him with his heat vision but to his shock, nothing happened. Amon's minions attacked, as Skywalker is quickly overwhelmed as two whips entangle his hands from both sides, preventing him to move away, Skywalker tried to use his legs to land a telekinetic kick, but nothing happened, as he is ultimately hit in the back by several punches from multiple chi blockers. Two Equalists take him by the arms and force him to sit on his knees. Skywalker tried to break free as Amon reaches out his hand and grabs Skywalker by his chin and forces him to look at him.

"Skywalker... How does it feel to once again, let your friends down?" the masked man asked him menacingly, as he allowed Skywalker too look over his shoulder, showing him that he had captured his friends from Team Avatar. "This can't be! We defeated Amon! I have his mask as a trophy!" Skywalker though as Amon continued to monologue, "You seem to have quite a history of failing your friends and loved ones. Dear, sweet Claire, your deceased girlfriend who died so young. Your beloved mentor Celestia, who asked for so little of you and received exactly that. Korra, you claimed to be her friend, her confidant, and when she needed you most, you failed her as you do everyone else who gets close to you.". Skywalker had enough of this, he knew the man before him couldn't be Amon, he just couldn't. Sombra was somehow using his doubts and fears against him. Summoning all of his willpower Skywalker attacked using the only body part that wasn't restrained, his head as he smashed his forehead against Amon's mask. He felt himself break free as the illusions disappeared into fog and indeed Amon was truly the King himself. Now he could inflict some real damage to this royal bastard.


Mizuki was crouching with her arms outward, blue and orange flames swirling around her. Phoenix is flying toward her as he swerves to the right to dodge Mizuki's last blast. Phoenix shoots fire at her and circles her, a trail of blue fire coming from his feet. Mizuki quickly defends herself by creating a shield of fire. She tries to attack Phoenix, who is still circling her, but he is too fast. She stops firing at Phoenix, crouches, and begins spinning and kicking immense and powerful flames from her feet. Phoenix is flying forward; when he sees the attack, he tries to stop, but it is too late. Phoenix falls and rolls forward onto the ground. "She is good... but can I win this?" Phoenix thought to himself, doubt filling his thoughts for the first time in his life. "Will I ever see you again?", a female voice asked in his head. Suddenly the promise he made came back floating in his mind.

He found himself standing on a dock, overlooking the see, the girl he had helped two days ago was looking at him, her blue eyes piercing into his own purple ones. What was this feeling she was giving him?

Phoenix nodded, "Of course, we're friends right?" he asked and for a moment he could see some disappointment in her eyes, though he couldn't understand why. "I have one last request, if you don't mind." she asked as he nodded, "I do not. What is it?", he asked.

"Close your eyes."

That's right, he had a promise to keep, he had to meet her again. Raising back to his feet he received a mocking laugh from Mizuki, "You cannot win against me. I am the Dark Messiah's most loyal servant. I learned to wield my gifts from him, and I have such power that you, little chick, can never hope to compete!" she declares as she raises her arms, as she fires a massive fire blast that Phoenix quickly counters with a blast of equal power. As the bolts of fire explode on impact, Phoenix jumps forward and stomps the ground. Three pillar's of fire rose from the ground as he sends them to his opponent. But Mizuki quickly deflected the attacks. "I think you got the wrong impression. Why don't I remind you how tough the crowd you're dealing with really is?" he said as he glared at Mizuki, who for some reason flinched for a moment before letting out a soft chuckle, "He used to give me that same exact look.", she muttered nostalgic to herself before composing herself.

In retaliation, Mizuki sends a giant wave of fire over the bookcases and down toward Phoenix. Thinking quickly, Phoenix launched himself into the air using his pyrokenisis to create fire jets beneath his feet, gaining air much quicker. Mizuki sends another blast of fire at him, but he blocks the attacks with a giant wall of fire of his own and thrusts the wall forward, forcing her to seek higher ground.

"My it seems you do have some skill, little chick." Mizuki complimented him, she had mixed feelings about this boy. On one hand, she hated there was someone equal to her, on the other she was excited to finally have someone other than her master where she didn't have to hold back against. Phoenix was a little ticked off by the apparent nickname she had given him, "Your not bad yourself. Though I'm just getting warmed up." he admitted with a grin, before quickly adding, "No pun intended.".

"Yeah, you don't seem the type to make lame puns." Mizuki admitted before she spins and sends a sudden blast of fire toward Phoenix.

Both of them became unbalanced as another quake hit the cave, a black raven came flying in making Mizuki pout, "It seems that fool has been defeated." she said, sounding disappointed, "It seems my play time is up, so I'll let you live. Be a good boy and say 'thanks'. Ta-ta!" and with that she disappeared into red smoke, leaving a confused Phoenix behind among the burning library.


Back on the surface, with a combination of Skywalker weakening Sombra from within, Sutakira holding him of with the larges shield he had ever conjured and Spike, who had brought the true Crystal Heart to Cadance who used it as a focus point to banish Sombra back to where shadows belonged.

"I think we just killed that guy...", Pinkie said as McGrath replied dryly, "If anybody asks, Griffifth did it.". Not fully listening to their conversation Griffifth shouted, "Yeah!... Wait what?".

PreviousChapters Next