• Published 29th Dec 2014
  • 1,857 Views, 29 Comments

It Would Work on Me - sghsthsthjstjsthjs



Realizing that her love life was a horrible disaster, Rarity thinks that she is maybe looking for love in the wrong place. Rarity finds that one of her friends has certain qualities she finds desirable and that she may have romantic feelings for her.

  • ...
12
 29
 1,857

Wooing with the Wonferbolts and AJ Torments Rarity... Part One

“Ah know ur lying... Rarity was actin awful strange last Ah saw her”

“What? No I'm not, I never lie... Spike, I never lie, right?”

Twilight looked at Spike expectantly while Applejack rolled her eyes, she was hoping that she could learn why Rarity was acting so starngly on her visit to Sweet Apple Acres. Spike, caught in the middle while re-shelving the library, looked nervously between the two mares.

“Uhh... well-”

*Bang Bang Bang*

“That's the door! And it sounds pretty important, so I'll just leave you two alone.”

Happy for the escape from the arguing friends, Spike made his way to the door. Opening the door, there was an extremely distraught pegasus on the other side.

“Heya, Rainbow-”

“Notime. NeedtofindTwilight!” Was the rushed response he got as he was knocked to the side, into a nearby closet.


“Yes, Applejack, I happen to be very trustworthy! See these wings? Yeah, princess.”

“Now that don't mean-”

The door to the library room burst open, knocking down some of the stacks of books Spike was re-shelving. “Twilight!! It's worse than before!”

Twilight and Applejack looked at her, startled, for a second before Twilight just groaned and face hoofed, “Stop being so dramatic, Rainbow; I'm sure whatever she did can't be that bad.”

“No, this is much worse! So, so much worse... just... just look for yourself.” Rainbow pointed out a window high on the wall as she hovered up to it.

Taking a quick glance at Applejack, Twilight saw her smirking in victory. Why is she making that face? Wait... I said '...whatever she did'!! ...Eh, I guess Rarity will likely get an unexpected visitor today... She looked back at Rainbow. And at least Rainbow didn't seem to notice.

Flying up to the window, Twilight attempted to calm Rainbow down... again. “Will you just stop overreacting, and I don't know what you expect me to see out the- ...Wow... that's... kind of impressive, actually...” Seeing what Rarity had done, Twilight was a bit shocked at the lengths she would go to to impress Rainbow.

“Impressive, Twilight, really?!? Impressive how whoever is doing this is totally ruining my image, maybe; but why would anypony do this?!”

“Rainbow, we already went over why; I told you it's because...”

Ignoring her now arguing friends, Applejack decided to go pay Rarity a visit. Seeing that the two winged ponies in the room weren't really paying her much attention anymore, she let herself out with a quick farewell.

“Well, Ah'm gonna head out now; see ya later, Twi. RD.”





Alright then. I would say my cloud message went pretty well. So what next? Well, what makes something romantic? I just need to ask myself, “Rarity, what would you think is romantic?” I suppose if I did something somewhere that has a large amount of ponies that can see it happen, it would make it more romantic. Really, the more ponies that see a romantic gesture, the more romantic it is...

Sitting at her kitchen table, she took a sip of wine to help her relax.

Ok... where could I get Rainbow to go where there are a lot of ponies? Hmm... Well... there is a Wonderbolt Derby coming up pretty soon, isn't there? I'm sure I could get tickets to that if I called in a few favors. Of course I can't go with her to it, though... that would be too suspicious, and I don't want to reveal myself yet. Twilight getting tickets would be believable, with her being a princess and all... I can give them to her and she can invite Rainbow. Then, while they're there-

The door chime snapped her out of her thoughts, signaling a potential customer, so she walked out of the kitchen to greet him or her.

“Hello there, welcome to Rarity's Boutique, where every-” Seeing who the visitor was, she cut her usual greeting short, “Applejack? Why, hello; to what do I own the pleasure?”

Applejack looked at Rarity for a few seconds, trying to gauge the unicorn's reaction to her being there.

“Oh, nothin much, Rarity; just thought Ah'd stop by fer a nice, friendly chat.”

Well... something strange is happening here. Applejack is here to chat. Applejack, who usually avoids my boutique like some horrible disease, has taken time to come here and chat. Rarity gave her an unconvincing smile, “Oh... yes, of course; that sounds delightful, darling. I'll go make some tea.”

“Alright, sounds good.”

Trotting back into the kitchen, Rarity tried to analyze the situation she found herself in: On one hand, Applejack could simply want to chat. On the other, she could still be suspicious from her... unsuccessful trip to Applejack's farm and want to know why she was asking those questions about Rainbow Dash. Well, no sense jumping to conclusions.

Applejack followed Rarity into the kitchen and sat at the table. Eventually, Rarity brought two cups of tea to the table and sat down herself.

“So, Applejack, what is it you wanted to talk about?”

“Oh... not much... Ah just wanted to talk about Rainbow Dash...”

With that, Applejack watched Rarity's reaction carefully, but Rarity saw that coming so she was prepared and didn't really give anything away.

“I see... yes, I heard she has had an interesting couple of days.” Rarity replied with a chuckle.

“Yeah... Ah'll say... well I really wanted to ask you something about her.”

Still remaining calm, Rarity took a sip of her tea, “Oh? And what would that be?”

Applejack smirked a bit before saying, “Isn't her mane just great? Ah mean, wouldn't ya jus' love ta style it?”

That started an intense debate in Rarity's mind. Ok, this is clearly some sort of trap... Applejack talking about someponies mane? Never... unless she finally wants suggestions for her mane!!! Wait, Rarity, stop; this is exactly what she wants you to do... But then again, Rainbow's mane is simply marvelous! All of those colors! No! I can't give in! It's what she wants me to do! I must fight... think of something unfashionable: Ugh, leg warmers... fanny packs... I... I... can't resist...

Applejack just sat there patiently while waiting for her to reply. Eventually, Rarity's face lit up as she started talking about her passion for fashion.

“Oh my word, yes; her mane is just gorgeous! All of those colors, it really is a shame that she doesn't style it.”

“Yeah, an' don't ya think her wings look nice, too? With how well she cares fer them an' all?”

“Absolutely, such nice wings are a beauty in themselves; why, if she wore the right dress, it would extenuate them exquisitely and they would look perfect!”

“Ah bet; an' what about her figure? With how much she works out, Ah'm sure she'd look great in one of yer dresses.”

“Yes, with how lean she is, I am sure she would turn quite a few heads; I mean, she has such an attractive body, I'm sure many ponies would find her irresistible...”

Seeing that Rarity was lost in her own little fashion world, Applejack decided it was the perfect time to strike.

“And her flank, of course...”

“Oh, don't even get me started, Applejack; I can barely stop myself from thinking about it most... of... the...” Rarity's face turned a shade of red as a look of horror and embarrassment became apparent on her face. “...time. Huh.”

Applejack held a smug look on her face and a twinkling in her eyes.

“You wouldn't by any chance just be a figment of my imagination, would you?”

Applejack just raised an eyebrow at the question, before... “Pfffftttt....Bahahaha....”

Rarity sighed as Applejack fell to the floor clutching her sides and laughing. “It's not that funny, you know... and stop laying on my floor, it's... unsanitary.”

Applejack stopped laughing for a second to look at Rarity, before starting back up. “Not funny? Heheh, sure it ain't, Rare...” *snort*

Rarity sighed again “So what do you intend to do now, Applejack? There is no longer any use in hiding my feelings for Rainbow from you... I suppose now you'll probably tell her who was behind all of her gifts now.”

Mostly finished laughing, Applejack looked at Rarity with surprise. “Tell her? Are ya crazy? This is hilarious! Besides makin fun of you and Rainbow, nothin's gonna change. Well... Ah guess Ah already make fun of Rainbow, so besides makin fun of you, nothin's gonna change.”

Once again sighing, Rarity figured she should make the best of her predicament and get the highest possible chance of Applejack keeping her mouth shut. “Well, I suppose I should be somewhat relieved... although, your track record for keeping secrets is not all that good, you know.”

Applejack stopped laughing and gave Rarity an insulted look, “But... what? Of all the... I can't even...”

“Shush, Applejack, you're much too honest to keep a secret very well, not that that's totally a bad thing... But, we all know it, so I am going to need you to Pinkie Promise you will try your best to not tell anypony about this conversation... ever.”

Applejack tapped her hoof to her chin a few times. “Hmm... well... Ah suppose... but on one... no, two conditions.”

Holding an extremely strained smile, Rarity could see she had very little choice at this point. “If you must, what are they?”

“Well, Ah need help on the farm tomorrow, so Ah need ya to come help a bit.”

Rarity gasped audibly at that ludicrous demand; her, working on a farm?! She would need to spend hours in a mud bath to get rid of all of that mud she would get on her coat! Alas, she had no choice.

“Ok... what else?”

“Ah get to tell all of our friends about the conversation we just had... after ya tell Rainbow about yer feelings fer her.”

Rarity's strained smile broke for a moment back into a look of horror before being recovered. ”Deal.” She then replied through gritted teeth.

Applejack proceeded to Pinkie Promise while Rarity sat there hoping for the best.

“Well, Rarity; it's been nice talkin to ya, but Ah gotta get back to the farm.”

Rarity bid her farewell and went to send a letter to Canterlot to call in a few favors.





Stupid Twilight, refusing to help me... “Oh, you're overreacting, Rainbow!” Overreacting my hoof! Somepony must know, though... Stupid Cloudchaser was in charge of the clouds yesterday; she was the one that did that! Well... I doubt it was from her, she usually more... direct. But I'll bet she knows something!

With a new destination in mind, Rainbow Dash altered her course towards the weather office. Once there, she made her way to Cloudchaser's office and bucked the door open.

Cloudchaser's door slammed open with bang, causing her to yelp. “The buck!?! Dash, what the buck?”

Rainbow flew up to her face and glared at her. “Anything you wanna tell me about, Cloudchaser?”

“Hmm? Not really... I mean, it was basically just a normal day.”

“...”

“...Ohh, you mean the clouds!”

“Yes, I mean the clouds! Why would you do that? Who asked you to do that?!?”

Cloudchaser looked at Rainbow incredulously before chuckling. “Heh... you don't even know? Oh, you are one lucky mare, Rainbow Dash... I mean, I can't tell you who because, well... they gave me a lot of money not to, but to have somepony that looks like that do something like this for you, just... wow.”

“Ugh... aren't you afraid of losing your job? How about I just tell Mayor Mare what you did? ...Unless you tell me who put you up to this, of course...” Dash, still hovering, smirked at her, thinking she had her.

Cloudchaser just smiled back. “Mayor Mare? Nah, she's cool... in fact, I'm pretty sure she was in on it. Told me I did a good job and everything.”

Rainbow fell to the floor with a look of disbelief before groaning.

“Well, I'm doomed...”





Rarity trotted to Twilight's castle with a spring in her step; the next part of her plan was coming together! All that she had to do now was get Twilight to take with Rainbow to the derby, which didn't sound all that hard.

*Knock knock knock*

Sitting at the door waiting, Rarity thought she heard a faint sound that sounded a little bit like Twilight yelling.

“Spiiiike!!! If that's Rarity or Rainbow, tell them I'm not home.”

After a couple of seconds, Spike answered the door. “Oh... uh, hey Rarity...”

“Well hello there, Spikey-wikey; may I speak with Twilight?” Rarity said with a flip of her mane.

“Ehh... heheh. She's not here right now...”

Rarity fluttered her eyelashes at him.

Spike pointed down the hallway. “She's in the library.”


Rarity trotted into the library (which was quite big) and yelled to find Twilight.

“Twilight!!! Where are you? I have a surprise!”

Twilight looked out from an aisle and gave Rarity a chastising look and shushed her before whispering, “Rarity, this is a library; be quiet.”

“Hmm? There's nopony else here, dear.”

Twilight groaned softly and once again whispered, “What do you need now, Rarity?”

“Well, I was sitting at home yesterday and I thought to myself: 'Rarity, you really should do something to apologize to Twilight'... you've helped me a great deal and I feel terrible for forcing everything on you without first asking, so I thought I would give you something to show my appreciation.” Rarity replied rather loudly while flashing Twilight a smile.

Twilight looked at Rarity flatly as the fashionista levitated two tickets in front herself.

“They're tickets to the Wonderbolts derby this weekend! There are two, of course, so you can invite one of your friends to go along... you know...” Rarity twirled her hoof in the air, “...in case you have a friend who likes the Wonderbolts....”

Twilight, who was not amused, looked at Rarity before replying thickly with sarcasm. “Yeah, I think I'll invite Cadance; she loves the Wonderbolts.”

Rarity chuckled dismissively, “Eheheh; Twilight, really. I'm sure our friend Rainbow would love to go more than anypony else.”

“And let me guess... you set up some sort of surprise for her there, so I'm supposed to act like I know nothing about it when it happens.”

“We~ell... perhaps. It is a surprise, though; so I can't ruin it... that is, if I do indeed have something planned." Rarity said with an innocent smile, "And remember, you and Rainbow should have a good time... just not too good of a time.”

Twilight rolled her eyes.

Rarity pondered something for a moment. “And don't sit too close to her... or look at her too much.”

Twilight face hoofed

Rarity pondered something once more. “And don't do that thing with-”

Rarity found herself teleported in front of the castle door before yelling, “You're welcome, Twilight!!!”

With that out of the way, she went back to her boutique to add a few more finishing touches to her plan.





Stupid Rarity... “Oh, Twilight; I need you to do this for me. What's that? You don't want to? Too bad.” I'll show her... I'll invite somepony else! Yeah! Although, I honestly can't even think of anypony else who might want to go... Eh, whatever.

Twilight landed on the cloud doorstep on Rainbow's cloud house and knocked on the cloud door.

“...”

Stupid clouds.

“RAINBOW DASH!!! ARE YOU HOME?”

Twilight heard a yell from inside. “YEAH,WHAT IS IT?”

“I HAVE TICKETS TO THE WONDERBOLTS DERBY THIS WEEKEND!”

“YOU HAVE WHAT?”

For the love of...

“TICKETS!!! TO THE WONDERBOLTS DERBY!!!”

“...”

“...”

“WHAT?”

Twilight hoofed again, “Sweet Celestia... what does Rarity see in her? ...COME OUT HERE!”

“UGH, FIIINE.”

The cloud door opened and Rainbow Dash leaned nonchalantly on the cloud door frame. “So... What's up?”

Twilight levitated the tickets in front of her. “Tickets. Wonderbolts derby. This weekend.” she said in a flat voice.

Rainbow's eyes widened and twinkled as she fangirl squealed, “Ohmygosh! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!”

“You're wel-”

Rainbow launched herself into Twilight and picked her up in a hug, doing multiple flips...

“Wahhhh!! ...Oof”

Before dropping her unceremoniously back on the cloud doorstep and continuing to do more complex stunts while holding the tickets.

“Sheesh, you're welcome...”

Author's Note:

Alright then. Here's some more stuff. Soooo... yeah. If anyone sees any mistakes or anything, tell me. Additionally, if you think something sounds awkward or unnatural or anything like that, also tell me. I haven't written all that much, so I would like to find ways to make my writing more enjoyable to read. I also suck at chapter titles.

Comments ( 10 )

Title!!

...Rarity is going to attempt wooing Rainbow Dash at a Wonderbolts derby. If this attempt is anything like the last one, Rainbow Dash is going to explode.

Rarity fluttered her eyebrows at him.

Perhaps this could be replaced with something a little more fitting.

I'm hoping all goes well for Rarity and Dash. I love this story.

5644244
Nonononono. It should be kept as eyebrows - that made it hilarious! Now I'm curious... What would fluttering eyebrows even look like?

5644244 I don't know man, I think fluttering eyebrows would be pretty sexy.
Yeah, I meant eyelashes and changed it; it was probably like 4 am when I wrote that, so that may have something to do with it.

5645170 Yeah, that wasn't the only time I did that; someone said something about it before but I guess I missed that one, thanks.

Now, I really wanna know how will it end. Heh, an another funny story from you. I love it and can't wait for the next chapter. :raritywink:

Pout, I wanna see how this ends. The way it's going, Twi stands a better chance with Rainbow than Rarity does.

Oh please dont let this be dead

OMG I NEED MORE!!

Login or register to comment