• Published 25th Dec 2014
  • 1,778 Views, 170 Comments

Trixieverse 7/Adorable Monsters - Applejinx



Rainbow Dash's kid is hunting monsters. But when you stare into the adorable abyss, you might find it staring into you… A Trixieverse novel of the next generation!

Comments ( 40 )

trot outside and see the sunshine eeeeee/yay

i.imgur.com/SfVEaqc.jpg

And it come to a glorious close. Can't wait for [REDACTED] in [REDACTED] where [REDACTED] and then [REDACTED] and they all [CENSORED]

:trollestia: :rainbowkiss: :rainbowlaugh:

Well, I never said she 'trotted' far. Happyshy is happy just as she is, much as Dursaa is happier and Zecora a good influence on the lot of 'em :ajsmug:

Commence read.

Hm. Now the couplings have had a chance at some activities.

Though what shall be next?

Zecora possibly having a child? Chaos getting at Rarity? Derpy being Derpy?

Children getting older? CMC being some kind of influence on the Hero team of Pinkie, Rock, and Green Streak. Rivals?

I'm just rambling, but whatever happens, happens.

5860680
Well, who didn't we see get a happy ending in this story? Jinx never leaves somepony unhappy unless they're going to be taken care of in the next story....

5860734 True true.

Just have to wait and see what other developments may occuer.

You will certainly have to wait until after Bronycon, and possibly for Xmas or something. I can't fling myself back into another book right away. It'll depend on how much people want it. I know I've left a lot of room for more Trixieverse stories and at least one major plotline that can and should happen (it's tragic what's happened between Fluttershy and Pinkie: they can never go back and recapture what was largely a fantasy anyhow, but they've gone to a dark place between each other and need redemption)

If people WANT particular stories, this is where to ask for it. 'Cos you know I can do that. :rainbowkiss:

(it's tragic what's happened between Fluttershy and Pinkie: they can never go back and recapture what was largely a fantasy anyhow, but they've gone to a dark place between each other and need redemption)

THAT'S what I'm looking forward to the most. Pinkie's been truly wronged here. I'm half expecting her to go full Cupcakes when she finally gets her turn in the spotlight.

ShadowedSong noticed. I DID say that I had reached ONE MILLION words on the Trixieverse saga. Be so good as to look up what the one millionth word was, who uttered it, and how.

It's more complicated than that, of course, but don't say I never told you :raritywink:

5861501 Is it done?? Like finally done?!?

5861501 if it is then I can FINALLY start reading this :derpytongue2:

5861501 I've been holding off on reading too much of this till its done so I don't have to wait for chapters

It is done and you can even download a Kindle version (after last chapter as usual)

I will have to alert EQAD. I wonder how many people have been waiting for 'completed'?

5960927 Sure. You see all variations on that theme including quite a few that break the conditioning to some extent. It's a far more rigid culture, one that Fluttershy would probably be quite happy in (but would probably unwittingly cause trouble as she only thinks she wants to be incredibly submissive and have no power)

More....please for the love of Celestia, there needs be more if this. I don't care wat Hasbro says....this is the new canon...:-)

5968385 If I top 700 followers I'll start the next one immediately, otherwise you'll have to wait at least until after Bronycon. I'm giving a panel on writing multi-book 'verses and presenting Hoof Of Argon for a third year, plus helping to run Quills and Sofas with my Minecraft compatriot ShadowedSong :ajsmug:

5968464 well...fair enough i spose. Guess i will have to be happy with what you have already written and hope and pray for more in the futer. You have a gift..and im officially hooked on Applejinx for life lol


note-didnt intend it to sound quite so creepy...but meh..whatev :D

6060568 No no, GILDA'S soul. Because Gilda is extremely lesbian and has been into Dash since they were in flight school together. What attracts Spy's soul has nothing to do with sexuality, it's the chance to be FIRST at something :ajsmug:

6073520
Northern Spy is gonna give you a really horrible whack in the feels. :ajsleepy: I know this as you're a sensitive reader. All I can say is: everybody gets through it okay, as always, because ponies. (possibly excepting setup for at least one more book, and even there I am not overly heavy-hooved about it)

Zecora loathes Dursaa too, but you don't know everything about Dursaa. He is a picture of protective coloration, trying to give a certain impression that may or may not represent how he is inside. He's comfortable being himself and seeming how he seems, but remember he galloped his hooves off until he couldn't even walk, on DIRECT orders from Fluttershy, a mare (when he carried her to Canterlot to give birth to little Dursaa—and that, too, was Fluttershy's call). These little discrepancies are significant even though they seem self-evident to a Ponyville mare.

6412128 Nope, only that Spy and Rock are thoroughly prepubescent kids for whom the adult Trixieverse things mean nothing at all, and it's been long enough that… well, as you can see Spy's a lot more capable. Now she can outrun Dash, which wasn't the case in Too Near The Sun.

6412945 Why wouldn't Discord be able to change gender?

Discord could change Fluttershy into a can-opener. But it would be a vampire can-opener. With little fangs. Because that's more chaotic than Discord being able to fix literally anything in the story, in an orderly fashion :raritywink:

6414765 Missed you too, darling :rainbowkiss::rainbowlaugh:

And so the long odyssey finishes. Welp, it was a lot of words and an absurd amount of pony sex, but I've reached the finish line. It was fun, wouldn't have read it so fast if it wasn't. I am curious about the state of Pinkie and Fluttershy's relationship as they seem thoroughly split up, but I don't remember an official break up scene. Also, loved seeing Fluttershy get hit with the character development stick. Next up Pinkie?

Also, go to the last chapter of this story and just look at the wall of purple comments from where you've responded from the main page. Am I going to have to bust out my ruler until you learn your lesson, mister?:trixieshiftright:

6417706 :rainbowderp: what'd I DO? Respond from the what now?

6419402 Remember, I wrote about how when you respond from the front page of a story instead of the page the comentally was posted on, your reply goes to the last page of the story and the commenter isn't notified about your response. That's one of the things we verified with that experiment.

Is this the end of Trixieverse?

Also, are Pinkie and Zecora broken up? It seems like Zecora is with Fluttershy now. In a way, Dursaa stole both of Pinkie's partners, and Fluttershy left Pinkie for someone else and then stole Zecora. How is Pinkie going to react to this? Is it going to destroy her? How can she be okay with it (I wonder if she will become psychotically depressed)?

6441320 Again, well spotted. I have a name for the next one, which will be called In The Pink. Guess who might become the next Big Bad? :pinkiecrazy:

(though that is somewhat deceptive)

6441584 Oh, and Fluttershy broke up with Pinkie because she wasn't a lesbian, and then she took on a (different) lesbian lover.

6442851 …and more or less forced her to turn into a stallion, which is the anti-Pinkie. And first picked a very, very feminine stallion who was pretty much fronting about the whole 'patriarchal domineering male' thing. All the little horses are more complicated than they look.

It's definitely still a LEETLE obnoxious how Fluttershy pushes lovers around: Rarity should give her a good talking to (or perhaps a spanking). It's no wonder Shy ended up with Pinkie as they're both exceptional at deciding how things should be and refusing to hear any different. :duck:

Do AJ or Rainbow Dash want to fuck the other in the butt? You would think that they'd be curious since they actually can. I think that's something all women are curious about. Also, you should put in one of the variants of vore.

6477990 But I have. Applejack's selfdestructiveness arc in Derpy Desires touches on vore themes, with her mentally switching to prey and embracing it as a release from the stress of her family problems. I can't do anything more extreme than that with the characters I've got: in order to do that much I had to take the already insecure Applejack, undermine the very most important things in her life, and in order to get her out of it I had to completely change how she relates to the farm, which is irreversible.

I'm not a bit sorry about it :raritywink: but I don't have any other characters who can get into comparable states. Different, hardcore, alarming sure—but not in that space, particularly not in a kinky sense.

I think you'll find Fluttershy with her double zebra is more oriented toward buttplay, possibly because it seems to her like mistreatment? I suspect if I was to ask Trixieverse Rarity, she'd be familiar with it. Also, believe it or not we don't see every single act the ponies do with each other, so there's no telling whether AJ and Dash have experimented. Big Macintosh and Braeburn sure have!

Huh. I know another Apple whose mate has probably asked for that… :applecry:

6478129
That reminds me...Discord said in this story that he did Celestia up the butt, and he was acting like it turned out fine, but in Too Near The Sun, Celestia acted like she was scared of that prospect. What gives?

6636210
He was in Starswirl form, and she just wasn't ready for that (barely ready for what did go down). We've never seen what happened long long ago when Starswirl was a living unicorn stud-muffin, and it may have taken hours of foreplay, or Discord may be remembering it differently as he's an arrogant bugger as Starswirl, much inclined to think he's 'all that' and that his actions will inevitably produce mare ecstacy, no matter what they are.

I think we can safely say we have never, EVER seen Celestia looking back fondly on taking old Starswirl up the butt. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if she did it at least once, but remember the dynamic: she liked how cocky and forceful Starswirl was, and that was a huge turn-on, but that doesn't mean everything they did went nicely. My guess is, that was straddling the edge between exciting and hurtful, and orderly Celestia didn't make a habit of it (much less consider it a go-to technique).

I really need to make you that avatar/icon, it just doesn't seem right to have you as a grey genericpone…

6636271 "I really need to make you that avatar/icon"? Am I missing something? That statement sounds like you offered to do that for me before, but I remember no such thing. I appreciate the offer, but I'm rather proud of this avatar; it might look like your average avatar, but there's something a little special about it.

6636363 Yeah, I never mentioned it but I wanted to make a Homer Simpson-hybrid avatar for you based on your tumblr avatar. That said, if I'm just not being observant about something nifty, then mea culpa and silly me, I'll get back to ficwriting :ajsmug:

6636620 Well, I'd like to see it. I always love it when people draw me. And thanks.

6636630 Tempted to leave it, I think I see what you did there :raritywink:

Then I will bear that in mind though my schedule looks really appalling up through Thanksgiving, I'll PM you and then you can choose. What you've done is a leeeeetle subtle, though I think there are people attentive enough to appreciate it. That, or there are people who will be persistently bothered by something they just can't identify, quietly driving them mad with unresolved mental incongruity.

Which you might say is better than a derpy Homerpone! :rainbowlaugh:

I stayed up long past my bedtime night before last to finish this, and then accidentally feel asleep last night while writing up my impressions. Let's see...

This might not come as a surprise, but I think I may like this one best so far. It's not that there's no conflict, or that it's not kind of awful what happens to everyone.

I think it's partially that things weren't overly escalated by a stunning lack of basic communication. It was very refreshing for so much open dialogue and ponies asking each other for advice BEFORE flying off the biggest handle they could find. I love that. In fact, I even noticed how you subverted it with Northern Spy failing utterly at hiding her vampirism despite Rock Candy's efforts.

And that directly feeds the other thing: this story felt a lot more... personal? I felt a stronger connection with the characters than in the other stories, for sure. And the problems were smaller in scale; closer to home. You definitely had better focus on the core of your story compared to the earlier books. (I think I even mentioned that it felt like too much was happening at one point.)

The Zebra culture was good at being a different culture with expectations and norms. The circle of Elders was fascinating, and the way you revealed Dursaa in the process only made it better.

Less certain I'm keen on what happened with Zecora at the very end. I get that Dursaa is rather different and she was in control, but... to be honest, I'm not quite sure how to articulate why it discomfits me so, but it's hard to think of a time in the preceding million words where happy consensual sex seemed so unappealing. Maybe it's just that it seems so at-odds with the character as you've established her? Maybe it's just me.

Gilda... ah, my heart. That series of scenes in the secret basement was really satisfying and I don't even think I need to say why. Though I'm not clear on what happened to her after the rabbits... did she leave? (Despite my good will, I wonder if you rushed the ending a bit, because it doesn't give me the impression of closure that I'm used to.)

Conversely, Pinkie. Oh, my heart, Pinkie, what have they done to you!? Fluttershy may be happy now, but for once I don't feel like she deserves it. Not after what she's done to Pinkie Pie. This isn't to say it's all her fault; there are clearly long-standing issues that have only scarce begun to come to light, but... at least Rock Candy's a good kid? It's not enough. (Hold me, I'm scared.)

Well, that's enough of my blather. Next!

6833511 Just as the Trixieverse series started with Pinkie entering the initial picture, so it ends-really-truly-I-mean-it-this-time with Pinkie. What Pinkie's been wanting from Fluttershy (and everypony) isn't realistic. If you continue into 'Precious' (which is only about half done right now) you'll see Pinkie's arc. It's an important arc, though it's scary.

Zecora's a mare of quick and certain decisions. That's not to say they're always right decisions, but I give her points for determination. From the day she entered a portal not sure if she was going to survive the experience, she was Zecora. I'm sure she'd sympathise with your feelings but they wouldn't trouble her one bit: one part that always complicates things is that the ponies/zebras/etc aren't always clear on how THEY feel until they experiment a little. If Zecora changes her mind and goes 'very well, I am totally into dudes so long as they act a certain way, otherwise I hate them' then she changes her mind conclusively and without regret. That's pretty Zecora-specific, I'm not sure there's another character quite so strong-minded.

7391774 Whether Celestia and Discord get up to very secret experiments, will never ever be known to Equestria :rainbowderp:

It is always a temptation, Whedon-like, to break every single rule that could ever be… :duck:

If it was me, I might try using the Elements of Harmony to fix Fluttershy. It didn't cure her vampirism the last time, but her soul was in her tail extension. That wasn't there, so maybe they couldn't fix her because they didn't have all the parts.

Of course, this brings up the question "Why didn't they cure her in Return of Harmony?". I'll go with "Too many tasks, too little power". They had to deal with Discord + fix Equestria. Not enough energy left.

Login or register to comment