• Published 27th Oct 2014
  • 384 Views, 0 Comments

Lyra Heartstring at the Library: A Musial Interlude - Ponyess



I like to read, from time to time, which lead me to the Library in Ponyville, Twilight hoofed me a book, which is where it all begun.

  • ...
 0
 384

Prelude; A Girl: 3

I am an ordinary girl, just like everyone else, or it is what I had thought. My complexion is fair, just like most other girls, where I live. Nothing strange there. Now, is there?

I allow my hair to grow long, I never bother dying it, which just left it black, glistering lively. I guess none of that make me all that different, or strange, either? I have my bangs curl in under themselves, thus keeping them out of my eyes. Most of my hair is hanging in a thick bride along the length of my spine, which may be the first thing sticking out, as less than the common norm? I have gathered the rest of the hair in twin tails, in part hiding my ears. The hair never quite was content in staying with my bangs, and wasn't growing long enough to stay with the braid.

I have been pretty happy with myself and the way I look, and why not? Wide hips, narrow waist. The girlish face, smiling invitingly. My eyes are the green of emeralds.

The few times my anger had been provoked, I had been accused of having dragon green eyes. I guess I found it amusing? My features in general, hardly support such claims, and I'm content with the fact.

I commonly paint my lips red. The shadow of choice, silver metallic, with a faintly pinkish tint above the globes. I think it goes well with my looks, but who am I to say, I'm not into fashion, and I'm not paying attention to such Nonsense, why bother? Just the same, I keep my nails about an inch long, and semi square, polish them to a high gloss, it is about as much as I do with it.

If you look into my face, my nose is minimal, girlishly round, pointing upwards. Though I guess I had been accused of having elvish ears, as small as they are. I just giggle, when they do. I guess it is part of who I am. I love a good laugh, and giggle more often then not, even if some may find it less than appropriate? Why bother caring, it's who I am.

I seem to have a love for music. Not that I'm singing, particularly not in public. Listening to music is what I go with. Even though, there is the flute. Just not any flute. It's the 'Transverse Flute'. Maybe the love started, as I hear the music, where this one girl is playing it.

I had been to this store, where they sell instruments, and the flute is there, among all the other flutes. I had just lifted it up, holding it, then the urge came over me, I couldn't resist it, but moved the instrument to my lips. Maybe I had been alone, or the store had been packed? Either way, I had just given it that one tentative try, and the music came forth, as I just knew how to play it. Only I never noticed it right away, I couldn't see it, since I had been fully dressed at the time, even if there was the shadow of a hint, I may have felt.

That one moment, the instant, filled me up with joy, but I had left the store, empty-handed. I did not have enough, to pay for the instrument, and I knew it. Thus just quietly slipped out. Yet, something had changed. Only as I came home, or rather, by the bed, that's when I finally realised, just what the change was. I had a mark, on my flank, it is the two flutes, crossed, like the bones of the 'Jolly Roger', but with the one note, in place of the skull? It made for a rather curious image?

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment