• Published 9th Oct 2014
  • 1,300 Views, 16 Comments

Love is Learning: Twirilee Group Collab - caveman0803



Short story prompts between 100 and 1000 words for our favorite teacher and bookworm.

  • ...
7
 16
 1,300

Reports by Auramane

Reports

by

Auramane

Cheerilee groaned and slumped over onto her desk, spilling over the large piles of paper that littered its surface and knocking their contents to the ground. Subjects mixed, reports were scattered, and even her precious timetable ended up face down on the floor.

She didn’t care.

“Why?” she moaned into the desk. She remained there unmoving for several minutes, not moving at the hesitant knock on her front door. She didn’t move at the louder, more insistent knocks that followed, nor at the impatient cough that sounded from outside the door. For all intents and purposes, she was dead to the world.

She didn’t even move when the door slid open with a creak and a purple horn poked its way through, followed shortly by the head and body of Ponyville’s resident princess. Twilight shook her head ruefully at the mess and purposefully made her way up to Cheerilee. “Is this a bad time?” she asked, peering over her shoulders in an attempt to see what she was working on.

“The worst,” came the baleful reply, Cheerilee’s head remaining firmly planted on the desk’s polished surface.

Twilight’s face creased into a frown, and bit her lip for a few moments before she replied. “Is it anything I can help with?”

Cheerilee sighed and she dragged herself up from her resting place, blinking at the sudden change in brightness. “Believe me, Twilight, I wish you could, but—” She paused and gestured down to the space her head had recently vacated. Resting there was a small card, large letters marked in red ink in neat rows, each followed by a sentence written so small that Twilight had trouble making out the individual letters. “I have to fill out these reports on my own.” Her face morphed into a weak smile. “Even though you may have come up with half of the course with me, you weren’t there, so you can’t comment on the students.”

Twilight’s ears drooped, and she nodded slowly. “All right. I know you’ve never liked writing report cards.” She paused. “Still, I don’t remember them giving you this much difficulty this time last year. Did we not schedule you enough time this year?”

Cheerilee chuckled tiredly. “No, Twilight, you didn’t make a mistake with your schedule. I just…” She gestured silently down at the desk again for a few moments, before sighing and slumping down in her chair again. “There’s just more of them this year. A lot more. I feel like this time eight years ago, every couple in ponyville decided to pop one out.”

Twilight snorted, and gave Cheerilee a comforting rub on the shoulder with a wing, before trotting around the desk again. “Come on, I’ll get this place cleaned up again, and then we can try to work something out.”

Cheerilee nodded glumly and watched as Twilight’s horn lit up, her papers magically sorting themselves back to their rightful places on her desk. She remained still, slumped in her chair as Twilight pulled up another and sat down next to her. “All right then,” she began, holding up a small pile of empty report cards in her aura. “When do you need to have these done by?”

There was an uncomfortable silence before Cheerilee sighed and shook her head. She turned to Twilight, an expression of despondency on her face, and replied “I’m meant to have them all done by tomorrow. The last week of the school year starts tomorrow, and I don’t want to give them out any later.”

Twilight grimaced, but nodded her head and adopted a thoughtful expression. “Okay… well, how many of them do you have to have done?”
Cheerilee didn’t reply this time, simply pointing down at the table.

“Only one?” asked Twilight, her grimace becoming more pronounced. Cheerilee simply nodded. Twilight sighed. “And you’re sure I can’t help with any of them?”

Cheerilee began to shake her head, but stopped herself, and opened her mouth as if to say something. She remained silent for a few seconds, before she finally said, “Just... don’t leave me alone.”

Twilight smiled and pulled her chair up closer to Cheerilee, giving her a gentle nuzzle. “That’s fine, I don’t have to do anything else tonight.”
Cheerilee smiled gratefully at her, before turning back to her desk, her eyes filled with renewed vigour.

Comments ( 2 )

Cute. I liked this one a lot. Actually, I liked the others too, but i'm too lazy to comment on all of them.

this is one of my favor shippings that sadly not a lot of story out there of which is just sad

Login or register to comment