• Published 9th Oct 2014
  • 1,301 Views, 16 Comments

Love is Learning: Twirilee Group Collab - caveman0803



Short story prompts between 100 and 1000 words for our favorite teacher and bookworm.

  • ...
7
 16
 1,301

Tulips by TaviPlaysTheBass

Tulips

“Hey Roseluck, can I get a bouquet of tulips please?”

“Sure, No problem Twilight. Who’s the special somepony, if I might ask?” Roseluck winked at her through her flower booth.

Twilight blushed. “Oh, it’s no one.”

“Sure it is.” Roseluck smiled knowingly and handed the bouquet to Twilight. “Have fun!” She called as the purple alicorn departed her stand.


“Apple Bloom!”

“Huh?” the young filly carrying the large Hearts and Hooves Day poster for her teacher looked around to see Twilight Sparkle calling her. “Oh hey Twilight.”

She slowed down to allow Twilight to catch up to her and noticed something strange. Twilight was holding a gorgeous bouquet of tulips aloft with her magic.

“Hey, can I ask you a favor?” the purple unicorn asked. “Can you give these flowers to Cheerilee and tell her that an anonymous somepony is thinking of her today?”

The puzzle pieces connected in Apple Bloom’s mind. “Ohhhhhh, you’ve got a crush on Miss Cheerilee!”

Twilight blushed. “Don’t say that so loud!”

“Oh right, sorry. Well I’ll be sure to give it to her for you.” Apple Bloom turned to walk away.

“Thank you!” Twilight called as Applebloom disappeared around the bend in the road.

Her stomach tightened into a knot as she headed back towards the library, and she sighed loudly. It hadn’t quite been the romantic confession of undying love that she had dreamed about. No, she was far too nervous to try something like that, but it was a start.

Well, at least she knows somepony cares.

Author's Note:

Next prompt: Forgiveness