• Published 9th Oct 2014
  • 1,300 Views, 16 Comments

Love is Learning: Twirilee Group Collab - caveman0803



Short story prompts between 100 and 1000 words for our favorite teacher and bookworm.

  • ...
7
 16
 1,300

Fear by Habanc

Fear

By

Habanc

Cheerilee's teacup shook, drawing worried glances from the pair sitting in the noontime sun. The schoolteacher looked across the table to Twilight. "Is there something going on?"

Shaking her head, Twilight replied, "I don't believe so. As far as I knew, it should be a quiet, peaceful afternoon." She smiled and put one of her hooves over Cheerilee's. "That's why I took the day off to be with you."

Cheerilee put a hoof over her chest, eyes sparkling, "Aww, you're too much sometimes, you know that?"

Twilight's cheeks flushed. "I just try my best to make you happy." Nevertheless, she kept her grin and leaned in, exchanging a quick peck with her marefriend.

"Thank you, Twi." Cheerilee glowed. "I know it's difficult–"

The store behind them exploded, a wave of splinters, dust, and debris shooting out into the street. A cloud enveloped the neighborhood, made of dirt that was kicked up into the air. Cheerilee found herself thrown from her chair, sprawled on the ground.

As she rose to look over their downed table, she caught sight of the most gruesome creature she had ever seen. Standing on four legs, with the body of a lizard, its head ended almost prematurely, stopping at a wide, gaping hole full of teeth. Tusks lined its back like a porcupine, flowing down to a long tail that sported barbs aplenty. At it's end, specifically, it had a long, curving hook of bone.

It unleashed a garish scream and, swinging its tail, obliterated a farmer's stall. It searched for prey with its hooks, finding little as most ponies had already begun to flee. It continue to wreak havoc, tearing open storefronts with ease. It's open, gaping mouth continued to screech, its teeth rotating like saw blades.

Terror rising in her throat, Cheerilee whimpered.

The creature paused, holding in its mayhem. It snapped it's head towards her, and charged.

Unable to close her eyes, she watched as it snaked forward. The monster was fear incarnate, and soon all she could stare at was its growing mouth. So wrapped up in its grasp that she was paralyzed, unable to flee, move, or think.

A wave of light crashed down upon the creature, melting it to where it stood. It decomposed quickly, leaving nothing but an uncomfortable stain on the ground and bits of teeth.
Hooves wrapped around her.

Cheerilee awoke, her body shivering and slick, in the depths of the night.

"Are you okay?" a voice whispered in her ear.

Turning over, she snuggled into Twilight. "Just a bad dream."

"Oh." Sheets were magically tucked over Cheerilee once more. "Do you want to talk about it?"

Cheerilee breathed in through her nose, taking in the comforting smells of her partner. "No," she mumbled into Twilight's shoulder. "You made it all better in the end. Like you always do."

Twilight kissed her on the forehead.