• Published 9th Oct 2014
  • 1,301 Views, 16 Comments

Love is Learning: Twirilee Group Collab - caveman0803



Short story prompts between 100 and 1000 words for our favorite teacher and bookworm.

  • ...
7
 16
 1,301

Innumerable by The1Ryu

Innumerable

By

The1Ryu

As the light of the day began to wane Twilight paused the magically held quill’s writing and turned to glance briefly to several points in the library’s main floor lighting candles and a few other illumination devices. Once again able to see without a stray shadow covering her parchment she lifted the quill and continued writing.
14. She’s good with foals
15. She’s well organised
16. She’s very patient
----
“Twilight dinner’s ready,” Spike called from the kitchen peeking out through the door to see the purple mare still hunched over her writing desk.
“OK Spike,” She answered back, lighting a few more candles now that the sun was setting, then immediately turned back to her scroll and continued writing. Spike watched her for a moment with confused eyes then shrugged, she’s probably be along in a minute.
173. She never gives up
174. She believes in everypony
175. She’s generous
---
Spike quickly jerked his head up before it could slip completely through his clawed hands which cupped his face, his elbow resting on his knees, as he sat on the bottom step of the stairs trying to stay awake. Twilight still sat at her writing desk using her magic to scrape the quill along the parchment, now bathed only in candle light the sun long since set.
“Twilight it’s late, I’m going to bed,” Spike said standing up groggily, tired bags under his eyes
“OK Spike,” Twilight answered automatically, not looking up from her writing. Spike sighed at this but didn’t fight it. He had unsuccessfully tried to tear the unicorn away from her work all night and was now too tired to care anymore. It wasn’t the first time she’d stayed up all night working and it wouldn’t be the last. With a long yawn he made his way up the stairs.
2731. Her smile
2732. Her laugh
2733. That look she gives me when I orate
---
The sun shone in through the windows as a gentle knocking echoed through the library, calling Spike from his slumber. He groggily rolled out of his bed and made his way down stairs, finding his way with a combination of memory, touch and the occasional unfocused glance as he rubbed his eyes with one claw.
Reaching the door he opened it to reveal the Cheerilee’s confused face shift into a smile. “Morning Spike late night last night,” she said with a wink figuring the young dragon had stayed up too light reading comic books or something like that. Come Monday morning she’d have a few students with that same look on their faces. “Twilight and I were going to get breakfast together this morning so I’ll just get her and you can go back to sleep.” The pinkish purple mare said with another wink, then asked, “Is she in the shower?”
Spike glanced over his shoulder into the library then with a shake of his head swung the door fully open revealing the purple unicorn asleep at her writing desk. “I think she forgot.”
Cheerilee frowned at the sight of the mare slouched at her desk, but gave a loving sigh and turned back to Spike. “Let’s get her to bed then.” This wasn’t the first time she had seen Twilight stay up all night working either.
The school teacher and the baby dragon hoisted the sleeping mare up onto Cheerilee’s back gaining only an incomprehensible murmur from the librarian as a thanks. Cheerilee smiled at that adorable sound and was about to head to the stairs when curiosity got the better of her. With a hoof she pushed back the rolls of parchment and exposed the top of the scroll and the title witch read: “Reasons to ask Cheerilee to go on a date” followed by two columns one marked ‘Pro’ the other ‘Con’.
Cherrilee smiled at this imagining the overly worrying and organized Twilight Sparkle try to decide something like that with logic while overlooking that there wasn’t a single Con marked down, it made her heart swell with love for the sleeping unicorn.
Cheerilee got Twilight up the stairs and into her bedroom easily enough, but depositing her into her bed proved a challenge as the sleeping mare hand wrapped her hooves around Cheerilee’s neck and wouldn’t voluntarily let go. With little other options and suddenly no plans that morning Cheerilee crawled into the bed herself and settled them both under the covers.
As they settled into the bed Twilight’s murmuring began to from proper words. “Ten thousand three hundred eleven, Cheerilee’s mane smells like chalk. Ten thousand three hundred twelve, Cheerilee’s fur smells like books.”
Cheerilee smiled and kissed the unicorn’s for head, “You’re sweet, but that’s enough. Just go to sleep you don’t need to keep thinking about it. I’ll definitely go in a date with you.”
Twilight smiled in her sleep and snuggled in closer to the earth pony mare, who snuggled back, “Beside how many more reasons could there be?”
“Innumerable.”