• Published 9th Oct 2014
  • 1,300 Views, 16 Comments

Love is Learning: Twirilee Group Collab - caveman0803



Short story prompts between 100 and 1000 words for our favorite teacher and bookworm.

  • ...
7
 16
 1,300

Forgiveness by caveman0803

Forgiveness

by

caveman0803

“But Cheerilee, I said I was sorry.” pleaded a purple Alicorn.

“I know what you said Twilight and I’m still upset.” Said Cheerilee.

Cheerilee was sitting on a couch in the living room of Twilight’s library, listening to her marefriend of 3 years beg for forgiveness. However, Cheerilee wasn’t going to forgive her that easily especially after what she had done.

“Cheery, I know you’re upset but you have to understand it was for a good cause.” Twilight said.

Cheerilee glared at Twilight with obvious anger. “What cause Twilight Sparkle? Tonight was our anniversary. I gave my students an extension on their homework, so I wouldn’t have any papers to grade tonight and I made reservations at the nicest restaurant in town so we could have the perfect romantic atmosphere and nothing is more embarrassing than getting stood up by your date. Especially, when your date just so happens to be a Princess of Equestria.” Cheerilee ranted angrily. “So whatever your “good cause” was had better be good.”

Twilight nodded her head and began walking towards her desk. Cheerilee kept a close eye on the Princess, following her with an impenetrable gaze. Twilight opened up her drawer and pulled out a small rectangular box. The box piqued Cheerilee’s curiosity but she didn’t let it show. Twilight walked up to Cheerilee and looked deep into her green eyes.

“Cheerilee, 3 years ago today I asked you out on a date and asked you to be my marefriend. Today I had something important planned and, like usual, i over thought the little details and and ended up missing our anniversary dinner and for that I’m truly sorry. You’re the best thing thats ever happened to me and I would never intentionally do anything to jeopardize that.” Twilight said.

Twilight went down on one knee and opened up the box. Inside the box was a golden chain. On the chain was a beautiful amethyst that glowed with a supernatural light.

“Cheerilee, not only am I asking you to forgive me.” Twilight said. “I’m also asking if you’ll be my wife.”

Cheerilee was stunned. She was expecting Twilight to present to her a slideshow of the top ten reason’s why she should forgive her. However this was a pleasant surprise.

“I missed our dinner date because I was trying to figure out how to enchant the necklace before I gave it to you. I had just finished when you began banging on the door.” Twilight added.

“Enchant it how?” Cheerilee asked.

Twilight shifted in her spot on the floor and chuckled nervously.

“Well, I like having you around when I do my princess duties and, with you being an earth pony, you can’t exactly go everywhere with me. So I went ahead and enchanted the necklace with a cloudwalking spell thats powered by your innate earth pony magic. That way you can go anywhere with me, including Cloudsdale.” Twilight said. “So what do you say?”

Cheerilee didn’t even need to think about her answer.

“Yes Twilight, I forgive you and I would be happy to be your wife.” Cheerilee answered with a huge grin and tears of joy in her eyes.

They embraced and kissed each other with enough passion that others would think it was their first kiss.

Tonight was the beginning of something new. Tonight was the start of their new lives and a new story.