• Published 26th Jul 2014
  • 2,373 Views, 146 Comments

8-Bit Pony - Dawn Flower



Another one of Fighter's quests for the Armor of Invincibility, leads him and Black Mage to the magical land of Equestria. Hilarity ensues.

  • ...
4
 146
 2,373

13.

Fighter and Black Mage continued trekking through the thick foliage of the forest. “Are we there yet?” Fighter suddenly asked out of nowhere, as they continued moving along.

“Well, we’re still in the forest.” Black Mage started. “Do you happen to see a bright light at the end of a dark tunnel?”

Fighter stared at the back of Black Mage’s head as they continued walking, briefly looked down at the ground for a few seconds, and then looked back up to face him again. “Wait, is that a trick question?”

“Touché, I think.” Black Mage responded. “And to answer your first question, no, we’re not there yet.”

“Oh, okay,” Fighter responded. After another few seconds, he then looked down at the ground again for a moment as he walked, and then looked back up again. “Where are we going again?”

“Ugghh,” Black Mage sighed and raised his hand to his head before responding. “We came to this dimension to search for the Armor of Invincibility you’ve been looking for. You’d think even he would remember something like that.” He whispered under his breath. “So, we’ll search everywhere we can find, or at least in several places, and then hightail it back to our own world… through the…” He suddenly started to slow down towards the end, until he stopped completely.

BM then stopped walking and turned around to face Fighter. “That reminds me, where is that stupid, multi-dimensional cube that you used to get us here, anyway? Last thing I remember, it disappeared when it created the portal that sent us here, and I haven’t seen it since.”

“Well duh, Black Mage!” Fighter shouted out, with his arms in the air. “I had to use the multi-dimensional cube in order to make the portal.” He then lowered his arms again. “You know sometimes you’re not very smart.”

After a beat, Black Mage suddenly spoke up again. “Given the situation, I’m going to give you a free pass on that remark, if only so that I don’t go off on a tangent and then subsequently forget about that rather important piece of information.” He then looked down and cupped his hands together. “Of course, once this matter is cleared up, rest assured that I shall devote plenty of time to coming up with an agonizing torture for you as retribution for that little remark.”

BM then looked back towards Fighter again. “But getting back on topic, you’re saying that you don’t still have, or have another multi-dimensional cube?”

“Nope,” Fighter responded simply.

“Well then how do you propose that we get back to our own dimension?!” Black Mage shouted out, throwing his arms up in the air.

Fighter simply stared back at Black Mage, with a blank look on his face (even more so than usual) for several seconds, and then looked down and started scratching at the back of his head. “Oh, well, you see, the thing about that is…” He then looked back up again. “Oh look, there’s the exit up ahead.” Fighter then walked passed Black Mage and proceeded towards a bright light through a large opening just ahead of them.

“Hey, wait a minute, get back here. You never answered my question.” He then ran after Fighter. “This is actually important!”

The two of them stepped out of the canopy of trees and stood on the edge of the forest. Right in front of them was a dirt path that led into a small town in the distance. Just to their left there was a small cottage.

The two of them both stood on the edge of the forest, in silence, taking in their new surroundings. “Well, here we are, ol’ buddy, ol’ pal. We finally made it out of the forest.” Fighter spoke up.

“You do realise that you never answered my question?”

“Yeah, the world is full of mysteries like that.”

Black Mage just growled at him in response.

“So, where should we go from here?” Fighter asked his supposed best friend.

Black Mage raised his hand up to his mouth in thought. “Well, on the one hand, the town straight ahead of us most likely has a market, in which we can acquire another multi-dimensional cube, so that we can get back to our own dimension, instead of spending the rest of our lives in a foreign world we know nothing about.”

He then threw his arms up into the air, with an annoyed and angry look on his face. “However, on the other hand, it’s been entirely too long since I killed something, and cottages on the outskirts of town, right next to creepy and sinister forests are usually great places to kill people, where their deaths will never be discovered, so let’s go!”

The two of them then proceeded towards the cottage.