• Published 26th Jul 2014
  • 2,355 Views, 146 Comments

8-Bit Pony - Dawn Flower



Another one of Fighter's quests for the Armor of Invincibility, leads him and Black Mage to the magical land of Equestria. Hilarity ensues.

  • ...
4
 146
 2,355

35.

“Okay,” Twilight started, addressing Black Mage. “Right now, the only thing holding me back from completely annihilating you in a blind fury is my obsessiveness to learn about anything and everything magical, like that attack you just used to destroy my house. So, while I wait for my rage to simmer down, why don’t you tell me all about it?” She said in a tranquil fury.

“Oh, that’s the Hadoken.” BM responded casually, turning to face her. “It’s my most powerful/only Level 9 spell, but unfortunately I can only use it once a day.”

“Wow, that sounds amazing.” She said, with her eyes lighting up, calming down a little, now that she was actually learning something interesting from him. “How does it work?”

“Eh, well…” BM started, scratching at the back of his head, and then quickly looked from side to side before facing her again. “You promise not to tell anyone?”

“That was the most destructive spell I’ve ever seen in my life. Trust me, I’ll be wanting to keep that to myself.”

“Well, okay,” Black Mage relented. “The secret is…” He leaned in close to her. “Love.” He whispered.

Twilight just blinked in confusion, certainly not expecting that answer. “Wait, what?”

“Love,” Black Mage repeated, louder this time. “You see, love is the most powerful force in the Omniverse. The Hadoken takes the energy of love and twists it towards highly destructive means. So, every time I use the Hadoken, there’s less love in the universe.”

“Uhhmm…” Twilight drawled, not knowing how to respond to that.

“Oh, but don’t worry.” He said, turning back around again, with his back to her. “I’m sure it won’t have any negative repercussions for us.”

Meanwhile, at the Crystal Empire

Shining Armor suddenly poked his head out of one of the rooms, into a nearby hallway. “Uh, guards. Could you come here, please? Cadence just suddenly collapsed. And could you hurry, I’m not really sure what to do. I don’t really know what’s going on here.” He then looked back into the room, worriedly. “She doesn’t look so good.”

He then walked back inside the room again, with a sly grin appearing on his face. “Well, looks like Shining Armor is getting some tonight.” A moment later, he suddenly pulled an abrupt face and looked disgusted with himself.

“My God, what is wrong with me?”