• Published 26th Jul 2014
  • 2,374 Views, 146 Comments

8-Bit Pony - Dawn Flower



Another one of Fighter's quests for the Armor of Invincibility, leads him and Black Mage to the magical land of Equestria. Hilarity ensues.

  • ...
4
 146
 2,374

26.

Five minutes later

Black Mage walked back out of the alley again, now alone, with his blue robes now covered in blood. “Y’know, I really should have bought that spell that blasts the blood stains out of your robes.” He said to himself, with a straight look on his face. “I mean, I like murder as much as the next sociopath, but the clean-up afterwards is always such a bitch.”

Twilight stood on the steps of her palace, just outside the front door, looking from side to side, trying to spot where Black Mage had disappeared off to. She had a bad feeling that something… well, bad would happen, and she was probably right.

When she spotted him, she breathed a sigh of relief and called out to him. However, she then immediately changed her expression once she got a better look at him. “Oh, Black Mage, there you… are.”

“Oh, hey, Twilight.” BM replied casually.

Twilight didn’t say anything else until Black Mage had walked over towards her. Up close, she now got a clear look at him. “You’re covered in blood!” She stated, fearing the worst. She was most likely right.

“Oh don’t worry, it’s not mine.” BM responded immediately.

Twilight just stared back at him for several seconds, with her mouth hanging open. “That’s… not exactly my point.”

“Yeah, life’s funny like that.” Black Mage laughed, with his hands out at his sides. “So, should we move things along and head inside?”

*Beat*

“I know I’m going to regret this,” Twilight finally spoke up again. “But fine, come inside.”

“That’s the smartest thing I’ve heard all day.” Black Mage said as he walked past her, into the castle. Once he passed her, Twilight, letting out another sigh, closed the door behind her, just thankful that they had all finally reached the castle. Now they could finally move things along.

Once he was out of Twilight’s earshot, BM then whispered to himself, “Wow, I can’t believe I just got away with murder. And best of all, no loose ends.”

Meanwhile, at the same time, Pipsqueak was walking through the empty streets of Ponyville.

“Wow, this has been the best day of my life.” He said happily to himself. “I finally got my cutie mark, Apple Bloom agreed to go out with me, and I’m almost home to spread the wonderful news to my loving family. Surely nothing can go wrong.

“Yup, smooth sailing from here on out.” He continued. “Just gonna turn this corner up ahead and everything will be perfect. Nothing can go wrong. No, sir.”

Then, as he turned the corner, he saw an extremely mangled pony, all torn up, burned, and covered in blood, crawl slowly out of a back alley, and over towards him. “Help… me.” She spurted out. She lifted her bloody hoof to touch the colt’s cheek, before falling over dead.

After seeing the body hit the floor and staring down at the pony’s lifeless corpse for several seconds, with a blank look on his face, the earth pony colt then looked up again, with an obviously fake smile on his face. “Well, looks like today isn’t my lucky day after all. Hahahaha.” He then immediately turned sombre. “Yeah, I’m scarred for life."