• Published 26th Jul 2014
  • 2,355 Views, 146 Comments

8-Bit Pony - Dawn Flower



Another one of Fighter's quests for the Armor of Invincibility, leads him and Black Mage to the magical land of Equestria. Hilarity ensues.

  • ...
4
 146
 2,355

2.

“So, you were saying?” Black Mage spoke up.

“Right, so, we need to find the Armor of Invincibility.” Fighter responded.

“Oh Gods, he’s still on it,” Black Mage whispered to himself. “And just where do you imply we start looking?" He spoke louder. Black Mage then started brandishing his knives. “And I swear to all of my Evil Gods if you say the Cave of No Return…”

“No way, BM; that’s totally last story. I have a whole new method now.”

“Oh joy.” Black Mage responded sarcastically. “And tell me, just what does that involve?”

“Simple. We use this.” Fighter then produced a small, spherical-shaped object in the palm of his hand.

Black Mage simply stared at the strange object. “That… What is that?”

“It’s a multi-dimensional cube, duh,” Fighter answered.

“Multi-dimensional… cube?” Black Mage said slowly, keeping his eyes on said object. He then looked up at Fighter again. “Fighter, will you stop being stupid and ugly. That’s obviously a sphere.”

“Actually, it’s a cube,” Fighter corrected, now holding the cube(sphere?) close to his chest. “But we see it as a sphere because we lack the extra-dimensional senses to perceive its true shape in our 8-bit world.”

“Oh no you don’t.” Black Mage suddenly cut him off, brandishing his knives again. “Through the divine intervention of whatever Dark God I obviously won the favour of, I am now finally free of Red Mage and his accursed logic bombs. The last thing I need now is for you to start sounding like him. That’s more idiot than the average human body can take. So kindly cut it out before I stab your face off. As opposed to any other reason that I would need to stab you. Like your own usual idiotic behaviour. Or boredom. Or no reason at all.”

Black Mage put his knives away again and looked back to Fighter. “Sorry, that kind of got away from me after ‘stab your face off’.”

“Stick to what you know!” Fighter yelled, with both of his arms in the air. “Focus, man. Focus.”

“Yes, you’re right. How could I have been so stupid?” Black Mage asked rhetorically.

“Yeah, that’s my job.” Fighter answered, his hands back at his sides now.

Black Mage then fell on his face due to sheer stupidity.

“What?” Fighter deadpanned.