• Published 26th Jul 2014
  • 2,372 Views, 146 Comments

8-Bit Pony - Dawn Flower



Another one of Fighter's quests for the Armor of Invincibility, leads him and Black Mage to the magical land of Equestria. Hilarity ensues.

  • ...
4
 146
 2,372

28.

While Twilight seemed to be lost in her thoughts, Spike waddled his way over towards Fighter and Black Mage, standing just a few inches shorter than them, coming up to their chins.

“So,” the young drake began. “You guys are from some whole other world, huh? Guess it must be pretty weird to see a real dragon in front of you, right?”

“Don’t worry,” BM started. “I’ve seen plenty of dragons before. You’re just lucky that Thief isn’t here. He’s in such denial about dragons existing that he’d be able to use his words alone to logic you out of existence.” He then turned around, with his back facing Spike. “Whereas Red Mage would existence you out of logic.”

“Uhh… okay?” Spike said, confused.

Seemingly done with an inner monologue of some kind, Twilight perked up and returned her concentration to the group. “Alright then,” she spoke up again. “So, finally moving on,” she said, surprisingly not through gritted teeth this time. “You guys came here from your world looking for the ‘Armor of Invincibility’, but you don’t have any way of getting back to your world, is that right?”

“Yeah, that’s about it. You can thank my brain-dead partner for that.” Black Mage deadpanned.

“We’re best buddies!” Fighter shouted out from right behind him, with his arms up in the air.

“Oh, yes, we’re best buddies, alright,” Black Mage said with a pained look on his face, and with his hands pointed at his head. “We’re best buddies so hard it hurts. Literally.”

Twilight just ignored their little squabble, finding it to be the only way of dealing with these guys without losing her sanity, or going off on a tangent; her eye suddenly twitched. “Anyway,” she spoke up again. “Like I said earlier, when I first got this castle, it came fully stocked with a whole bunch of rare artefacts from the Tree of Harmony, including ancient spells, not found anywhere else. Considering that we’re dealing with something that came from the physical incarnation of a harmonious force from before time itself, there should be a spell included that deals with something as advanced as interdimensional travel.” She said, sounding like a raging fangirl over all of the ancient knowledge that came with her new castle.

“Well then, what are you waiting for, sweet cheeks?” Black Mage spoke up. “Get a move on.”

“Don’t call me that,” was all Twilight said in response. She then turned around and walked over towards the stairway leading down into the basement. “Now, you all stay here while I search for the spell.” She then disappeared downstairs.

As soon as she left, the room was plunged into complete silence. The seven of them left in the room simply stood around, not moving an inch, not even their eyes, and not saying a word. It was as if the same panel was just being re-used over and over again time had stopped.

A few minutes later, Twilight walked back into the main chamber, with a big smile on her face, and a book floating beside her. “Good news. I think I may have found something useful.”

“Well that’s great,” Black Mage spoke up. “But y’know what? We’re kind of running long, so for fun, let’s save it for the next chapter.”

Hearing this, Twilight’s newfound happy expression suddenly shifted back to the expression that she wore for about 90% of the day since she met Fighter and Black Mage, and simply stared back at him in silence for a few seconds before responding.

“I have no idea what that means, and quite frankly it scares me.”

“I know what it means.” Pinkie chimed in.

“And that scares me even more.”

Author's Note:

Still not dead.