• Published 26th Jul 2014
  • 2,374 Views, 146 Comments

8-Bit Pony - Dawn Flower



Another one of Fighter's quests for the Armor of Invincibility, leads him and Black Mage to the magical land of Equestria. Hilarity ensues.

  • ...
4
 146
 2,374

43.

After trekking through Canterlot for another hour, the five ponies and Black Mage finally arrived at to the gates of Canterlot castle. Two identical-looking pegasus stallions with white coats and gold armor stood guard at either side of the entrance, each with a spear clutched at his side.

As they approached the gate, Twilight stepped out ahead of the group to address the guards. “Hello there, Heads of the Royal Guard ponies, Biggs and Wedge.”

“Wow, laying on the expositional dump pretty thick there, aren’t you?” Black Mage spoke up.

“Shut up,” Twilight responded without to look at him. Returning her full attention to Biggs and Wedge in front of her, she continued. “Anyway, we came here to speak with Princess Celestia, concerning the matter of this guy in the blue robes.” She said, gesturing to Black Mage behind her with her horn.

“Of course, Your Majesty,” Biggs responded in his usual stoic tone that betrayed all emotion. “The Princess has already informed of us of your arrival as well as your guest, and she and Princess Luna are waiting for you in the throne room. Please go right ahead.”

“Thank you, sirs,” Twilight said in a courteous tone, and with a bow of respect. She then walked in between the two of them, into the castle, with the others following after her.

“Oh, by the way,” Twilight added as she kept walking, throwing her voice back to the guard ponies. “There’s another person with us to see the Princesses, but he’s fallen a bit behind. He should be along shor… eventually. He looks kind of like Black Mage, but with red hair and armor. You should recognise him when you see him.”

Biggs and Wedge silently nodded their heads in affirmation. Even though Twilight couldn’t see them, they still knew that she got the message.

The group of five ponies and one nexus of magical energy in human form continued walking along, through the corridors of Canterlot castle. “Look, I’m just saying, you already knew who they were, and I don’t need to know or care, so who exactly were you saying it for?” Black Mage said as they continued walking along.

“Shut up.” Twilight responded.

---

A couple of minutes later, Fighter finally managed to catch up and arrived at the castle gates. “Oh, hey there, talkative guard. What’s up? I like swords.”

“You must be the one that we were told about.” Biggs responded in his usual tone. “Princess Twilight and the others are inside and are expecting you. Please go on ahead.”

“I… but… you… that’s… not…” Fighter stuttered, looking down at his feet briefly before looking back up again. “I like swords.”

“Riiiiight,” Biggs stretched out awkwardly. “Well, like I said, you are clear to go on in.”

“…I like swords.”

“I’m confused, are we doing a bit?” Wedge asked his partner.