• Published 26th Jul 2014
  • 2,365 Views, 146 Comments

8-Bit Pony - Dawn Flower



Another one of Fighter's quests for the Armor of Invincibility, leads him and Black Mage to the magical land of Equestria. Hilarity ensues.

  • ...
4
 146
 2,365

12.

Fighter and Black Mage made their way through the forest, with Fighter out in front. After what felt like fourteen days since he had last spoken, Black Mage finally spoke up again. “We’re lost. You realise that, right?”

“No we’re not,” Fighter responded simply, not stopping or turning around to face him.

“We’ve been walking around this forest for hours, with no sign of life or any way out,” Black Mage said matter-of-factly.

“Don’t worry, BM. I know exactly where we’re going.”

“Oh joy,” Black Mage said sarcastically. “And just how do you know that exactly?”

“Well,” Fighter started, stopped walking and gestured towards the ground. “About an hour ago, I found these tracks left by a couple of other guys. So all we have to do is follow these until…”

“No.” Black Mage interrupted him.

“Excuse me?” Fighter uttered, turning around to face him.

“Nope, sorry, we’re not doing this. This is exactly how our last adventure started, and I will not, repeat, will not let you or anything else allow anything to happen that will cause something like that to happen again.”

“But didn’t you already agree for us to search for the Armor of Invincibility, which is exactly what started off our last adventure in the first place?” Fighter countered.

“Shut up,” Black Mage retorted. He then stepped out ahead of Fighter. “Now one side, idiot. I’m taking command of getting us out of this weird, creepy forest from here.”

“What are you going to do?” Fighter asked.

“Simple,” Black Mage answered, turning back around to face him. “I’m going to pick a direction at random, and then just keeping walking straight until we reach the edge of the forest.”

“Wouldn’t that be very risky and incredibly dangerous?” Fighter asked him again.

“Meh, maybe,” Black Mage told him, while turning back around and started walking away. “But we’ll still have a better chance than if you were leading us, that’s for sure.”

“Phooey.”