• Published 18th Jul 2014
  • 2,732 Views, 63 Comments

Tales of Apple Scratch: Roseluck & Fleetfoot - RoyalRainbow



Since the beginning of the Equestria Games, Roseluck and Fleetfoot quickly became friendly rivals and good friends with one another. But when they started to develop secret attractions for each other, will they emerge triumphant in the end?

  • ...
13
 63
 2,732

Epilogue – Winner Takes All

Epilogue – Winner Takes All

Four Years Later…

“Annnnnd welcome back, ladies and gentlemen, to the 755th Annual Equestria Games! I’m your ever lovable party extraordinaire… the host with the most… the Game Master herself: PINKIE PIE!! And boy, do we have an exciting match-up for you today! This afternoon, we finally get down to what we were all waiting for: the 400-Meter Hurdle Finals!

As a quick recap, Team Ponyville and Team Canterlot have become some of our fiercest competitors since the previous Games in Ponyville! Most notably, Ponyville’s Roseluck Greentouch and Canterlot’s Fleetfoot Stormwind have turned out to be this year’s biggest rivals! So far, they have competed against each other in several events such as Rhythmic Gymnastics, Blitz-ball, Diving, and Swimming. And just recently, each of them earned a gold medal in the previous hurdle finals! 100-Meter for Roseluck and 200-Meter for Fleetfoot!

While each of their previous victories was a close call for their respective contenders, we will now conclude their rivalry with their last hurdle event! And the last time I checked, Roseluck and Fleetfoot are tied up with in their medal counts! Will either one of them get the gold in 400-Meter Hurdle and end the ultimate tiebreaker? We’ll soon find out eventually!”

----------------------------------------------------------------

As they waited in their individual lanes while doing their stretches, Fleetfoot gazed at her long-termed girlfriend and good-natured rival, Roseluck, with a warm smile and said to her, “Well… looks like this is the end, eh Rose?”

“Yeah…” Roseluck replied softly as she ceased her simple exercises. “You haven’t forgotten your promise once we finally settled our score, have you?”

“Of course not! I just hope you wouldn’t forget that once I kicked your sorry yet extremely sexy butt for the last time!” she goaded with a teasing smirk.

“Ha! You’ll be the one kissing my ass by the time I’m done with you!” she retorted with equal self-confidence.

Then, Fleetfoot’s devious smile widened as she pondered that idea with a stroke of her chin. “Well… when you put it like that…!”

“Get your mind out of the gutter, Fleetfoot!” Roseluck snapped at her in a flustered manner.

“Hey! Quit flirting, you two!” Pinkie Pie screeched from her megaphone. “We’ve got hurtles that need hurtling!”

Off-guarded and embarrassed by Pinkie’s high-pitched intervention, the two renowned athletes pushed aside their playful banter and prepared to get into positions as the other racers did the same thing. Once she saw the competitors were all set for their final hurdle race, the perky, pink-haired announcer proceeded with her self-proclaimed duties.

“Okay! Runners, take your marks! Get set!”

BANG!

And with another loud bang of Pinkie’s party cannon, the final hurdle race had begun. Nearly all of the spectators’ eyes were focused on two leading hurdlers, Roseluck and Fleetfoot, as they sprung mightily across each of the upright frames. As with their two previous races, they were neck-and-neck with each other as their incredible speed and agility carried them through with each hurdle they jumped over.

After simultaneously leaping over the 32th hurdle, all that was left now was to see who will cross the finish line first. Amazingly, Rose and Fleetfoot’s speed were still on par even after they finished their last hurtle. Everyone was on edge as they were indecisive on who will win in this exciting race until at last… the two racers crossed the finish line.

At first glance, it looked like that both Fleetfoot and Roseluck finished first place at the same time. So just to make sure, Pinkie Pie and the Games' committee took a break to verify the results through various, accurate means; that way, they can determine on who the real winner was.

As the two best hurdlers waited anxiously for the final verdict in their last race together, Fleetfoot grabbed hold of the nervous Roseluck’s hand and whispered sweetly in her ear, “Hey… good luck, Rose.”

While the Wonderbolt’s reassurance made Rose blushed as usual, it did help ease some of her worries as she kindly whispered back, “You too, Fleetie.”

Sooner or later, Pinkie Pie returned to her personal blimp from her brief private meeting with the committee. Once she was well situated in her ballooned aircraft, Pinkie did her best to contain her seemingly boundless excitement as she announced the race’s tiebreaker.

“So, after a very careful analysis with the committee, we finally identified the first place winner for the last hurdle race. And… as it turned out… the gold medal goes to… Roseluck Greentouch while Fleetfoot Stormwind gets the silver!

The overly packed crowd let out a huge abundance of gasps before they applauded loudly for the Ponyvillian’s stunning victory. Fleetfoot especially was smiling ecstatically over the Eponian’s ultimate accomplishment as she looked at Roseluck’s speechless face. As for Rose, she could hardly believe the astonishing statement she just heard. Not only did she bested the famed Jupitarian in two out of three hurdle races, but she won the personal medal count over Fleetfoot’s as well. Unable to contain herself, she screamed in overwhelming delight, pulled her ever-supportive girlfriend in a tight, bouncy embrace, and heavily cried out in tears of joy.

Once things began to settle down, they moved on the winner’s circle as Princess Celestia did the honor to offer the respective medals to the hurdle winners. After Celestia handed the silver medal to Fleetfoot in the last category: the 100-Meter Hurdle, the regal Princess of the Sun presented the gold medal to softly weeping yet proud Roseluck as it added to her other two medals that hung around her neck: silver for the 200-meter and gold for the 400-meter. Afterwards, Roseluck and Fleetfoot walked back to their conveniently neighbored pits where their teammates eagerly welcomed and congratulated them.

“Hey! Congratulations on your medals, girls!” Vinyl Scratch started it off with a huge grin.

“Yeah, you two were awesome out there!” Spitfire commended with a proud smile.

After receiving a few more praises from the rest of the teams, Rose spoke up in an anxious tone. “Thank you, everyone. But uhh… if you excuse me, I’m in desperate need of shower right about now.”

Knowing that they got something more important to take care of first, Fleetfoot hastily agreed with her, “Uhh… yeah! Same here! So… see ya!” Without delay, the two giddy medalists joined hands as Roseluck led Fleetfoot through one of the stadium’s hallways.

Once the two were out of sight, Applejack stated to her friends bluntly, “Yeesh! Those two are as crazy as a horny pair of jackrabbits!”

Vinyl chuckled with an amusing smirk as she teased her big sister, “You’re just jealous because you wish it was you and Rarity in their place right now.”

“Hmm… true.” AJ admitted with shrug and a small smile.

As Soarin blankly stared at the vacant hallway that Fleetfoot and Roseluck just entered, he pointed something out to Spitfire in a puzzling manner, “Wait… why was Fleetfoot heading down that way? Our team’s locker room is in the other direction.”

The reactions to Soarin’s obliviousness were basically split down the middle. Leading one half of that spectrum, Spitfire just giggled to herself on how cute her blue-haired lover was acting when he wasn’t aware on what Fleetfoot and Roseluck had in mind to commence their personal celebration. The other half just groaned lightly in regard of Soarin’s lack of awareness as some of them face-palmed themselves.

Most notably, Cloud Kicker whispered a very shrewd comment to the Apple Sisters, “See? This is just one of the many reasons on why I picked Twilight over everyone else.”

----------------------------------------------------------------

After a long yet well-deserved shower together, Roseluck and Fleetfoot took their time to leisurely dry each other off, wrapped themselves in thick, fluffy towels, and hardly let go of each other as they exited out of the shower room before sitting down on a smooth bench next to their stuff. From there, they kept on kissing feverishly with their unrestrained hands caressing one another, ranging to their slightly damp, exposed skins, their towel-wrapped bodies, and their soft, individual hair.

Eventually, they took a break from their lip-smacking kiss as they panted heavily before Fleetfoot had chance to praise Roseluck once again, “You were truly amazing out there! You know that, right?”

“Thanks. So were you.” she responded with a very tender smile.

From receiving that simple yet affectionate compliment, Fleetfoot quickly pulled her Eponian girlfriend in for another ravenous kiss. With her lips reestablishing contact with Fleetfoot’s, Roseluck moaned in pure ecstasy as her fingers dig into the signature hairstyle of the Wonderbolt’s white, fluffy locks. But before her lust could hold sway over her, Rose gently pushed Fleetfoot back and the Jupitarian abode by her command. Once Roseluck composed herself enough, she finally addressed the little promise they made before they began their second Equestria Games.

“So... you’ll keep true to your word on our little wager?”

“Of course I will, Rose!” Fleetfoot nodded with a grin. “Since you beat me by one gold medal, I will do whatever you will ask of me for this one time! So… what’s it going to be? A five-star restaurant? A trip to one of your ideal vacation spots?” Then, she leaned closer to Roseluck's flabbergasted face as she displayed a seductive smirk while saying to her, “Or maybe… you have something more kinky in mind, hmm?”

From the teasing yet tempting suggestion, Roseluck flustered greatly as she sharply turned her head away from her. Concerned over her blushing girlfriend’s awkwardness, Fleetfoot placed her soft fingertips on the Eponian’s very rosy cheek and delicately directed her face so that her green eyes would look into her fuchsia ones.

“Come on, Rose. You can tell me.” Fleetfoot pleaded with a soft, sincere smile. “For just one wish, I will do just about anything you want.”

“Anything?” Rose asked timidly.

“Anything.” she ensured with an earnest smile.

After Roseluck presented a small smile, she once again turned her blushing face away from Fleetfoot’s gaze. But instead of looking aimlessly away this time, she looked down at her duffle bag nearby before she reached for something as Fleetfoot slightly tilted her head in confusion and curiosity.

As soon as Roseluck pulled something out of her bag, Fleetfoot’s eyes bulged significantly as she stared with small pupils at the simple, velvety jewelry box that was within the palm of Rose’s hand. But her greatly astonished eyes grew even wider once Roseluck opened it up. Inside, there was a glistening, golden ring, but instead of a diamond as its centerpiece, there was a beautifully crafted crystal in the shape of a lovely rose that was as white as pure snow.

As she continued to stare speechlessly at the marvelous ring, Fleetfoot asked in a deeply surprised tone, “Rose… is this…?”

In response, Roseluck nodded modestly with a blushing smile before confirming warmly, “You said that if I win, I could ask for anything I want, right? Well… the only thing I want right now is you, Fleetfoot. Now and forever.”

Upon hearing those sincerely sweet words of absolute affection, Fleetfoot covered her mouth with a hand as tears began to trickle out of her eyes. But as Roseluck waited for Fleetfoot’s undivided attention before she can finish her long-awaited proposal, the Eponian heard some strange giggling behind the Jupitarian’s muffling hand. With her covering hand unable to contain herself any longer, Fleetfoot broke into spontaneous laughter as her random outburst shook Roseluck and echoed in their private sanctuary, which was Team Ponyville’s locker room. Shocked and baffled over the Wonderbolt’s unexpected reaction, Rose’s cheeks went from a warm pink to a hot red as she was deeply upset and angry over her partner’s supposed snickering.

“Fleetfoot!” she scolded immensely in embarrassment and anger. “It wasn’t meant to be funny! I was being really serious about this!”

As her laughing began to die down, Fleetfoot clarified in the midst of her breathless chuckling, “I’m… I’m so sorry about that, Rose! It’s just that… well…”

After she had fully composed herself, she looked away from Rose’s intense glare as she too reached for something in her bag, which was underneath her seat. As soon as Fleetfoot pulled it out and showed it to Rose, the Ponyvillian’s irritation was swiftly replaced with immense surprise and wonder as she saw a ring box similar to her own. And once the Jupitarian opened it up, Rose’s gasping, wide-eyed expression mirrored Fleetfoot’s earlier reaction as she gazed at a precious ring that almost looked like an exact replica of the white rose ring she was trying to propose beforehand. The only main difference for other engagement ring was that it had a shimmering, ruby rose crystal in its place of a white one.

“Fleetie… does this mean…?”

“Yes… if I won that bet, I was planning on doing the same thing myself.” she confirmed with a mild blush and a tender smile.

And just like what Fleetfoot did previously, Roseluck covered her mouth as constant tears poured out of her eyes. Even when she closed her eyelids, they didn’t cease her tearful downpour. While Fleetfoot was slightly worried over the seemingly uncontrollable waterworks, Rose expressed her gripe in a sniveling voice.

“It’s… it’s not fair! I was the one who won our bet, and yet I’m the one who’s getting so emotional in all of this!”

With a light giggle to herself, Fleetfoot leaned forward and gave Rose a gentle kiss on the forehead before compromising to her sweetly, “You’re right, Rose. I’m sorry. You beat me fair and square, so you should be the one to propose instead of me. Here, let’s start over again. Okay?”

Once she opened her recovering eyes, she looked at Fleetfoot’s reassuring smile before she wiped away most of her tears and smiled brightly before replying softly, “Yeah, okay.” Then, she pulled the white rose ring out of its box and presented it to Fleetfoot when she properly proposed to her in a bashfully cute manner, “Umm… Fleetfoot Stormwind? Will you… marry me?”

With renewed tears streaming down her face, the Wonderbolt gently pulled the florist in closely as she smiled lovingly before answering with absolute certainty, “Yes, Roseluck Greentouch. Of course I will marry you.”

Immensely overjoyed with their newfound engagement, they pulled each other in for a thoroughly deep kiss as a means to celebrate their forthcoming marriage. Once their contented lips took a break from that breathtaking kiss, Fleetfoot lifted her left hand and playful wiggled her fingers. Following with the grinning Wonderbolt’s signal, the blushing florist nodded and slid the white rose wedding band onto her ring finger. In return, Roseluck presented her ring finger, and Fleetfoot gladly slid the red rose ring onto hers.

As she lovingly gazed at the artistically crafted ring, Roseluck shed another tear or two at its beauty before stating with amazement, “Oh, Fleetfoot… I could hardly believe that your ring looks just like mine!”

“Heh! I guess great minds do think alike, huh?” Fleetfoot grinned with a lighthearted chuckle. “But man, the press is going to have a field day once they find out about this!”

With a contented smile, Roseluck shook her head before she said with complete assurance, “You know what? I wouldn’t care if the whole world knew about this because I have nothing to be ashamed of! I’m just… so happy right now that I know with you as my wife, nothing is going to tear us apart, my beloved snow angel!”

Touched by her ever-so devoted words, Fleetfoot honored her newly appointed fiancée by giving her another heartwarming kiss before offering her own pledge to her. “And nothing ever will, my pretty, little Rosebud!”

THE END

Author's Note:

Alright... so that's it. Just go to Mariacheat-Brony's webpage and read his Apple Scratch stories... unless you already--BURP!--read them. Ah, buck...!

JUST GO!

JUST READ APPLE SCRATCH, ALRIGHT?!

IT'S GOOD!

...

I SWEAR, IT'S BUCKIN' GOOD! IF THIS MAKES ME THAT EXCITED... IF I'VE ENJOYED GTVS, WHICH PEOPLE HAVING BEEN LIKE: "OH, IT'S A GOOD FANFIC!" ...AND I'M LIKE: "APPLE SCRATCH IS THE BEST FANFIC SERIES EVER!"

THEN YOU BETTER BUCKIN' READ THAT BECAUSE IT'S...

IT'S GOOD!!

*In case you are wondering, yes, I was pretty much quote off of Egoraptor's Sequelitis on Mega Man X.*

Comments ( 15 )

Daawwww! Love the ending! :raritystarry: Good story. :twilightsmile:

Of all the amazing things in this chapter, the one that stands out for me is the Author's Notes. That was extremely emotional. But seriously, calm down, take a chill pill but try not to choke on it.

4784474 Actually, I was pretty much quoting off of Egoraptor's Sequelitis on Mega Man X.

Thought some of the readers might get the gist of the joke. :twilightsheepish:

...

Maybe I should edit that in later. :facehoof:

Now that it is complete I'm going do a full read through looking like a start to a great weekend.

love it vut can u make an story about their wedding
:pinkiesad2::pinkiesad2::pinkiesad2::pinkiesad2::pinkiesad2::pinkiesad2::pinkiesad2::pinkiesad2:

Despite the lack of popularity this story currently has it has to be one of my newfound favorites. :moustache::heart:
Also a little more emotion would have been nice. I like the jucy emotional nonsense blah blah blah.:pinkiecrazy:

I've reread this fic about five times now, it's just too good :pinkiehappy: I don't know why it's not in the feature box or popular list :twilightangry2:

I gotta say, this has just been sitting in my read later list (much like a lot of stories... perhaps I should get to work on those...) and this is very well done. Much like the rest of the Apple Scratch verse, it was well written and very good flow. Good work with it! :pinkiehappy: Also very glad to hear that Mariacheat-brony said it was cannon, makes it all the more sweet. :twilightsmile:

5047390 Thank you very much. :twilightsmile: Though I have to admit, it didn't gather as much of a following as I hoped it would. :ajsleepy:

5048252 To be honestly, I wasn't thinking of refering any scenes from movies, video games, etc. I was just writing some dialogue that would make Spitfire unusually bashful. But know that you mentioned it, I do recall that line.

Huh... wierd. :rainbowhuh:

5049219 It could be the pairing. There's not too many Fleetfoot and Roseluck (yeah, those mixed names don't seem right...) stories anyways. But it's still really good.:pinkiehappy:

5049224 And it's even the same kind of 'I'm tough but I'm going to kiss you' kind of scene. Guess it was a subconscious thing then.

GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWRRRR!!!!! that was so fucking adorable and cute and beatiful and...and.....gossshhh...i like it!!!!!

Great story, even if I didn't read the Apple Scratch stories. Great pairing.

Am I the only one who ships spitfire with Fleetfoot? Lol this is really cute I’m gonna die ❤️😂

Login or register to comment