• Published 14th May 2014
  • 3,652 Views, 28 Comments

Perspective - Dreamscape



Twilight has thought of Rainbow Dash as more than a friend for quite some time, and, in the midst of the Equestria Games, has finally worked up enough courage to tell her. This presents her with plenty of obstacles, and a rather big problem.

  • ...
16
 28
 3,652

Chapter 8

A smile formed on Twilight’s face as she looked up to the two rows of seats where her friends and marefriend sat. Making her way up the wide path of stairs between the two sections of seating on either side of her, she was rather grateful for the continuous and colorful explosions of fireworks which lit her path in the darkness of the night.

“Glad you finally made,” Rainbow Dash said eagerly as she took a seat beside her, the silver medal around her neck brightly reflecting the colors of each explosion in the sky. “I was getting worried you’d be stuck in that throne the whole time again.”

“Well, I at least wanted to be present with the other princesses during the first part of the ceremony,” Twilight said with a contented sigh. “It’s certainly good to be over here now though.”

“I got something for you…I sorta bought it the first night we were here, but ya know,” Dash said with a sheepish smile as she pulled up a large purple book which rested against her side.

A Brief History of the Crystal Empire Collection,” Twilight read aloud as she took the book in her hooves. “Oh Rainbow, how did you know I wanted this?” she asked with a pleasurable gasp.

The pegasus replied with a shrug and then wrapped a hoof around Twilight’s shoulders. “Because you didn’t have it in your collection. You want, like, every single book that’s ever published.”

“Rainbow,” she grumbled with a teasing glare. “I don’t want every single book that gets published, but it is probably close to that amount.”

“Yeah, I know, I know. I just thought you’d like it because its history and you’re always jabbering on about how you don’t know enough about the Crystal Empire.”

“Wow, you were actually listening to me when I went off ranting about books?” Twilight asked sweetly, resting her head against Rainbow’s and then stroking a hoof gently across her chest after setting the book aside. Dash smirked as if to say ‘yes.’ “I’m sure you’re going to hate me for saying this, but you can be a real sweetheart sometimes. Now I have nice big book to keep me entertained on the ride home.”

“How could I hate you? Besides, I kinda like it when you call me sweet…” Rainbow said quietly, “but only you,” she quickly added. “And wait a second, you’re gonna read instead of talk to me?” she then asked with a huff.

Twilight rolled her eyes and gave a smug smile. “I meant the chariot ride to Canterlot.”

Rainbow couldn’t hold back the small frown which suddenly appeared upon her face. “Oh yeah…I forgot…” she said with a sigh. “I thought the whole point of the chariot ride was to make a grand entrance for the games. Do you really have to make a big return to Canterlot too? Can’t you just come with me…er, I mean us?” she pleaded.

“Well, you do make a good point,” Twilight replied, nuzzling her cheek against Rainbow’s. “I’m sure I won’t have to, and I’d much rather be with you anyways.”

“Aww, I just love happy endings!” Pinkie exclaimed cutely. This caused the two to realize that the pops and crackles of fireworks were, in fact, still ringing loudly through the cool, night air around them, and that they were still surrounded by their friends who watched them talk as if they were the subject of a film. “Spike saves everypony from a ginormous ice ball and now is finally all happy, Ponyville wins with the most medals, and you two lovebirds are totally lost in your lovey, dovey, wuviness for each other!”

“Yeah, you’re right,” Rainbow said with a grin. “I am happy, really happy. You wanna hear something else, something I’m in no way afraid to admit?” she asked turning to face Twilight whose features were lit up each time another firework exploded high in the sky above. “I love you, Twilight Sparkle,” she said confidently, although by the slight tint of pink upon her cheeks, it could be seen that it was quite difficult for her to let out.

“I love you too,” Twilight said with a soft giggle, blushing deeply.

“Well now, that certainly escalated rather quickly, don’t you think?” Rarity asked, enjoying the affectionate display before her. “Go on now, Rainbow Dash, kiss her.”

“Well, Rarity, I can’t leave you hangin’,” Rainbow replied, closing her eyes and planting a deep kiss upon the princess’ lips. Twilight smiled and kissed back lovingly, letting out a small but joyous moan. Their small audience then grew silent as they broke away and embraced one another, turning their attention to the fireworks above along with their starting point in the field below.

“It looks like Spike learned a lot on this trip,” Twilight said, pushing her body up closely against Dash’s as she gazed down towards the barely perceptible dragon on the field. “I actually learned quite a bit too.”

“Yeah, me too, definitely,” the pegasus replied before lightly touching her lips against Twilight’s cheek. “We’re still gonna go for that fly you promised when we get back, right?”

Twilight smiled softly in response. “Of course, and don’t forget about the racing.”

Comments ( 9 )

while i felt that the whole thing (especially the betrayal/mistake/heartbreak part) resolved themselves way to fast, it was a nice read.

Dialog feels a bit wooden and robotic.
As in your characters may in fact be wooden robots.
As in robots made of wood.
But other than that.
Good shit.

4393818
Thanks, I didn't catch that. I'll fix it

Why can't I give it multiple thumbs!?!
Great story, I loved the ending and it was a great idea for the setting.
Keep up the good work man!

I wanted so bad for Twilight to be angry at Dash. I wanted her to not forgive her right away. It was still good, and it even had a happy ending, but I guess I really just wanted a sad fic.

best ending ever :twilightsmile: :rainbowkiss:

“Glad you finally made,”

The word 'it' should be present after the word 'made'.

“I got something for you…

'I' should be 'I've'.
That is all. I just quickly reread this before I went to sleep.

Nue

As amazing as this was I feel like twilight let rainbow off way too easily with what happened. I think I was expecting more an argument. But I did like the way dash explained herself and for her actions. Seems very realistic and plausible both for real life and for her actual character

Such adorableness. I-I think I'm gonna-I'm gonna sneeze! Nooooooo! It's too mucb!

Login or register to comment