• Published 31st Mar 2012
  • 10,500 Views, 922 Comments

Saiyan of Equestria - Boyzilla



A half saiyan, half human little boy named Ken was subjugated to a lab for two years. When escaping he is transported to Equestria, where he's adopted, and gains a twin sister. Now Ken, and Kira, train to protect their new home, family, and friends.

  • ...
59
 922
 10,500

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 53: Into the Tournament, All kinds of Foes

Tournament Saga

Chapter 53: Into the Tournament, All kinds of Foes

"Uggghh..."

A heavily muscle built white Pegasus fell out cold on the tournament preliminary wing, in front of him, Copper Will stood triumphal with a smirk on his face, his fist raised in the air as the eleven year old minotaur cheered.

"That's right, don't mess with Copper Will or you'll get the boot!" He laughed out loud.

"Number sixty is the winner!"

Copper Will jumped off the ring as he walked toward both Ken and Kira, the two twins who showed great skill and strength despite their young ages. Not to mention being a species called human, who knows if their whole race is like that?

"You see me? I was so cool! That guy's a piece of cake!" Copper Will boasted.

Kira applauded, "That was pretty cool, how many more people do we have to fight?"

Ken pointed toward the very few remaining fighters left, "I think we're done. A lot of them gave up after a while and so made everything go much faster."

"Sweet, guess that means we are all in the tournament then?" Copper Will said.

Ken nodded, "Uh huh, after a tiny bit more fights we should be in. But I think us three are finished, just need to finish the other people's fights." the young boy said.

Kira put her fist in her open palm, "Great! Then we can get the real fights started and get stronger from them!" She exclaimed.

"About time!" the minotaur child agreed then paused, "Want to go watch the last of them fight then?"

The two twins glanced at each other before turning to Copper, Ken saying, "Sure."

Ken, Kira, and Copper Will journeyed to the other side of the room, catching the last minute of a mysterious fight taking fold. The two twins and minotaur child looked in confusion and curiosity as a rather tall, nine to ten feet, cloaked being knocked the draconic opponent clear out of the ring with ease. All they managed to see underneath the cloak was the very furred hand the being used to defeat the dragon.

"Number 83 is the winner, please exit the arena."

"What a waste of time, when will a good fight come?" A masculine sounding voice spoke from the cloak, turning around, the twins heard the familiar walking style of a pony coming from his footsteps.

"What kind of being is he?" Kira questioned out loud.

"No clue," Ken said, "He has a hand, so he's not a pony or griffon, but he walks like a pony, and the cloak around his body gives kind of a pony shape except for the top." The child reasoned.

"Perhaps he's some sort of minotaur pony hybrid?" Copper suggested.

"Maybe," The two twins replied in unison.

"Can I fighters fifty-two and forty-one in the ring. This is the last of your block's match."

Kira's head shot up, and she hurried to her arena ring and hopped on top, scratching the back of her head, "Hehe, I thought I was done!" She said in embarrassment.

To the little girl's wonder, a donkey of all being stepped on to the arena. He had a neutral expression on his face, his coat a rough gray color, and had a Mohawk for a hairstyle! Kira thought this a little funny, cause that hairstyle didn't seem to fit him at all.

"Your hair doesn't really fit you mister," Kira couldn't help but comment, she takes her own hair quite seriously after all!

"You're one to talk," He countered, "You're hair is spiked on all edges."

Kira pouted adorably, "It's not my fault! No matter what I do with it, it's always so spiky!" She said. The eight year old girl put a finger to her chin in thought, "Maybe I should some of that gel stuff mommy has in my hair to keep it down..."

"Begin the match!" One of the assistance said.

The donkey suddenly disappeared in a burst of speed. Kira looked in shock, before hastily ducking, the gray donkey's flying kick narrowly avoiding her. He came right back through, with just as much speed. The female hybrid even had some trouble trying to keep up!

The donkey's front hard hooves came up, he thrust his right forehoof at Kira's chest. But the child redirected it with her open palm, and fell purposely to the floor, sweep kicking to the left, tripping the donkey down. Using her opponent's loss of balance, Kira pushed herself up with her hands, backpedaling, causing her feet to shoot up into the air and impact against the donkey's face.

Kira flipped herself upright once more, slipping into her fighting stance as her foe recovered himself.

The donkey recovered, and regained his speed. Appearing to Kira's side, and kicked her right ribcage. The little girl hardly flinched, and grasped his backhoof, before sending him skidding across the floor. Kira stood up, raising her open palm as she prepared a finishing technique.

A small unpowered red energy ball begin to form in front of her hand. But as she aimed toward the direction of where the donkey had been skidding across the arena moments before, she was surprised to see him not there.

Kira looked around for her opponent, her confidence in the ability to win blinding her from using the sensing abilities she was taught. This caused the half saiyan girl to be hit in her backside, falling forward and her technique exploding right in her face.

Naturally, being a underpowered attack, it did not have much effect on little Kira.

A puff of smoke escaped from Kira's mouth as she blinked a few times, recollecting herself. Kira push upped herself right into the air to avoid a sliding kick by the donkey. Taking advantage of the aerial superiority, the small, female hybrid used gravity to slam a foot full of pain right on top of her opponent.

The donkey anticipated this, and spun kicked Kira right across the arena. Where he then rushed to the opposite side in order to strike at her again and begin a game of ping pong.

Kira did not oblige, a royal blue ball of swirling energy formed secretively in her right hand. And as she approached the opposite end of the arena and the donkey had just arrived to begin his little game, Kira thrust her technique right into the very leg he was going to use to kick her back.

"Swirling Sphere!" Kira shouted, the ball of Ki energy slamming right into his leg, electric currents flowing from it and spreading across the donkey's body. Both the kinetic energy from Kira's momentum and the technique sending him over the arena boundaries, out of the ring, his body twitching from the electricity.

"Winner is fighter fifty-two!"

"Nobody can beat me! I'm the best martial artist in the world!" Kira cheered in childish joy, hopping right off the ring and toward her twin brother.

"Silly," Ken said.

Kira did a raspberry at him, "I can funny when I want too!"

Copper Will placed a head to his head, "I'll never be able to beat you two..."

Kira turned to him, waving a finger side to side, "Not if you speak like that you won't! You got to be positive all the time!"

"Says the person who's afraid of the dark," Ken commented.

Kira's face flushed, "I-I'm not afraid of the dark!"

"Mmh hmm, then why don't you like being in the dark alone?" Ken teasingly questioned.

"Uh, um, you're afraid of the dark too!" Kira retorted.

"Am not!"

"Are too!"

'You both are,'

'Quiet dad, I'm trying to win over my sister!' Ken replied.

*Sigh*

Before the two twins could continue their pointless argument, the announcer entered the room, a big grin on his face as he readjusted his sunglasses, shouting out loud, "Congratulations fighters! You have made it to the Four Border Tournament!"

The remaining fighters turned their attention toward the announcer, some cheering in excitement which included our kid heroes themselves. The announcer's smile grew wider, and he climbed on top of a ring, a magical device in his hoof which bolstered the sound of his voice.

"Now, I'm sure all of you are equally as excited as I am to get the fighting started! And don't worry, it will start soon! But if you all follow me to a privatized room, we will explain the rules and set you up for the Tournament." The announcer announced.

The gleeful group of fighter children hurried after the announcer who walked with a calm, cool attitude toward the privatized area. Once entering said area, which by the way, was quite bland in appearance of being an empty room with the exception of a large chalkboard, table, and small box; Ken and Kira stood alongside Copper Will, awaiting the announcer's rule talk.

Our twin heroes looked around at the opponents they were to face during the tournament, some strange, some mysterious, and also one of them was really shiny.

Shiny, being, it was a dragon. The size of two market stalls stacked up high, and wide. The dragon appeared made entirely out of crystals, like those crystal ponies, except way shinier. This interested Kira the most, who looked in awe and wonder on how the dragon could look like that. Ken just wondered if those crystals were really the dragon's skin, or just decoration. The dubbed 'Crystal Dragon' stood on four limbs, had two medium-sized wings on its side, and the crystals gave it a sleek get somewhat edged appearance.

Also held a feminine type of air to it.

Ken and Kira looked to the next foe, the black cloaked 'Minotaur-Pony hybrid', who looked toward them as well. It creeps the two twins out a bit, and they moved their eyesight to the next opponent just to avoid his.

Last but not least, a strange being the two twins had rarely seen before. It stood upright like them, as tall as their dad, but it seemed to crouch over when standing somewhat. Also, the creature is covered in a gray fur, had a dog-like head, a weird puffy tail. All in all, this creature happened to be a Diamond Dog, who's large paws seemed to sport sharp claws and sported refined muscles around its body.

The Diamond also wore a orange jacket, which the twins personally liked for the color.

Ken pulled on his sister's sleeve, "Sis, look at that dragon right there."

Kira looked to whom Ken was mentioned, and her face went into a curious expression.

A humanoid dragon, but this upright dragon had two large reptilian wings like that of its crystal counterpart. Its scales were rough looking, hued a light brown color. The same height as the Diamond dog, except a lot meaner looking. His claws seem to clenched into a fist without hurting his scales, tail looking quite like it packs a punch, yet it did not exhibit any sort of breath attack like fire.

Strange.

"Looks tough, kinda excited to fight him, hehe!" Kira giggled, her saiyan instincts egging her own for battle.

Ken nodded, "Yeah, oh, look, a pony got in too," Ken said, pointing toward a Pegasus.

The Pegasus did not look like anything special, just your basic run the down mill pony who seemed to focus on speed above all else. The male Pegasus has a yellow fur coat, blue eyes, short cut mane, and finally a glow-like triangle as a cutie mark.

"Hello... Oh wait... Okay is this thing on?" The announcer caught everyone's attention as they looked toward him. "Alrighty then! Now, on the chalkboard is the demonstration of which who goes against whom."

"Looks like a lot of boxes," Ken stated out loud.

"Yes," The announcer agreed, "It does look like boxes. Now, you will approach the box upon the table and receive a number. The number will represent which round you'll be fighting in and against which opponent." The sunglasses wearing earth pony pulled out a clipboard. "Duke, come get a number."

The Diamond dog wearing the orange jacket approached the box, his paw reaching inside before pulling out a small piece of paper with a number on it.

"Number two... So first fight," The announcer said as he picked up a piece of chalk and wrote on the board. "Okay, Copper Will, you're next."

Copper Will walked up and grasped a piece of paper, pulling out another number.

The announcer went right back to the chalkboard, "Seven, last fight. Can I have Emerald Dream choose a number?"

The crystal dragon, Emerald Dream gently used her claws to lift a piece of paper from the small box, before going back to the line of fighters.

"Second fight, number four... Ken Heartstrings?"

"My turn!" Ken said cheerfully, skipping to the box and sticking half his arm within. Almost having to use his tippy toes to reach it. The young hybrid boy pulled out his small slip and opened it up. "Three?"

"Mmh, that puts you in the second fight, against Emerald Dream." The sound of chalk against board echoed throughout the room.

Ken looked to the dragon, who smiled back at him. Ken grinned back, tail wagging behind him as he went to his sister's side once more.

"I hope I get to choose soon!" Kira said with impatience.

"Triangle Strike, please come and pick a number," The yellow mane earth pony said.

The Pegasus fighter hovered to the box, and barely grasped the slip of paper with his hoof, pulling out the number six. The announcer nodded, writing it down on the right side of the third fight.

"Colrath," The announcer said, he looked up from his clipboard toward the humanoid dragon, "Welcome back to the Tournament, you know the drill."

A monotone voice replied, "Yes, I know," the strange dragon lifting a piece of paper, revealing the number eight.

Copper Will's mouth dropped, "Oh radish sauce, I get a veteran."

"Kira Heartstrings, no doubt you, little missy?" The announcer said with a happy smile at the little hybrid girl.

"Yep! Finally!" Kira said happily, jogging up to the box and hastily pulling out a slip.

"So, five, that puts you against Triangle Strike in the third fight." He said, writing it down, "And that means Scorpan is against Duke in the first round." After finishing his chalk session, he turned around to the fighters. "Alright fighters! The first round will begin in a hour, followed by either the next two rounds tomorrow, or just one round."

The announcer then continued, "The same rules as in the preliminary rounds affect the Tournament. Which include no hitting the eyes, privates, or a unicorn's horn. Not that we have any unicorns... The audience is sheltered by a powerful magical barrier, so don't worry too much about energy attacks. And absolutely no severing of limbs, and no killing." The announcer stated. "Oh, and leaving the sky area of the ring for more than thirty seconds is disqualification. The sky area is a maximum of five stories high, and the width of the ring."

The announcer nodded, "That is all, the entrance into the ring is right over there. The exit is down the same hall we went through. See you there in a hour!" With that, he left toward the ring, the rest of the fighters scattering around the room.

Ken and Kira were excited! They get to fight without having to worry about anything! No more death battles, hurting of ponies, or risk of severe injury! Just fair fights in a game of skill!

"I can't wait!" Kira exclaimed, barely containing her childish energy.

Ken nodded, "It's nice to just fight without having to worry about hurting innocents..." The child said.

Copper Will released a sigh, "I'll going to get my butt handed to be on a silver platter..."

Kira patted him on the back, "Don't be so down Copper! You can at least try!"

"Easy for you to say, you got the easiest opponent!" The young Minotaur countered.

Kira waved him off, "Details, details!"

The two twins suddenly sensed an energy behind them, and they turned to be face to face with the 'minotaur-pony hybrid' dubbed as Scorpan just moments before, the cloaked being's head barely being hidden within the hood. He seemed to stare at them, the twins looking in confusion.

Then he spoke, "I expect a good fight from you two," his voice sounded somewhat ominous.

Scorpan turned around, starting to walk toward a secluded area, but as he did, he finished his little conversation.

"Until then, I shall wait patiently, and when our fights come, and I shall see what both of you have to offer, saiyans."

Author's Note:

Not same Scorpan btw, just same name, different being. Didn't even realize there was a being already called Scorpan. All well!

PreviousChapters Next