• Published 31st Mar 2012
  • 10,497 Views, 922 Comments

Saiyan of Equestria - Boyzilla



A half saiyan, half human little boy named Ken was subjugated to a lab for two years. When escaping he is transported to Equestria, where he's adopted, and gains a twin sister. Now Ken, and Kira, train to protect their new home, family, and friends.

  • ...
59
 922
 10,497

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 71: That's an old dog

Peaceful Intermission

Chapter 71: That's an old dog

"Ka..."

"Me..."

"Ha...'"

A blue light started to form, small sphere filled with condensing Ki energy.

"Me..."

The energy threatened to burst outward as if barely keeping its shape of an orb together from the sheer amount of Ki poured into it.

"Ha!"

With that said, a wave of blue Ki erupted forth, traveling towards the sky and lighting up the surrounding place brighter than the sunlight that casts upon the ground below. A force of air pushing back the plant life from the launch of the technique before it finally dissipated when far from the source.

Kira Altarmore-Heartstrings, our nine-year-old female protagonist, lowered her arms from using the Kamehameha Wave moments before. The half saiyan girl taking a deep breath a few small drops of sweat dripped from her skin, then she began going through the flow of her martial arts Katas. Her movements, though memorized and exercised the to the point of being able to do it in her sleep, were strained.

The reason why? Her body was experiencing the weight equivalent to thirty times the planet's gravity. The same training routine both Ken and herself reached when Raze had trained them for that brief single month many, many moons ago.

Kira breathed heavily, her punch striking the air in front of her. The girl having been exercising for the past twenty minutes.

Though Kira could handle the increased weight, she had never trained past this point. She couldn't safely do so without Raze's or her daddy's approval. They were all, still, children and advanced 'gravity' training had never been done above at most ten times until Raze showed otherwise. But her dad, Chris Dell, was the Z-fighter, and Kira trusted his judgment above all others.

Except maybe her mom's, no one can tell her mom otherwise!

"Okay, I'm ready!" Kira said, looking across the now greatly enhanced backyard field.

Enhanced in what way? Well, this was Lyra and Twilight's gift. The Twin's increased strength could no longer keep their actions and power in check in the old backyard, so the two unicorns teamed up to find a way for them to have fun while not razing the rest of Ponyville to the ground.

With a little favor from Celestia, Twilight delved into Space-Mass Spellcraft, basically, she made the backyard bigger without it actually being bigger!

In a way it was like that blue box that funny doctor pony went in, it was bigger on the inside!

Of course, it had a limit, on the outside if one approached too carelessly they would crash into the invisible barrier that made the inside of the outdoor fenceline. They would get a nasty spell shock, but would remain generally unharmed. Not to mention, no one could see what was going on inside unless a Ki Technique blasted through the roof of the barrier and into the sky.

Like Kira's Kamehameha Wave did so just recently.

"Same!" Ken replied happily, having finished his own rounds of Katas and stretches.

The two twins slipped into their own martial arts stances, ready to go against one another in a sparring match.

Only to be interrupted.

Copper Will slammed the back door open, "Big problem guys! There is a giant monster attacking Ponyville!"

Ken and Kira looked to him.

"Awesome!" They exclaimed in unison.

"No, not awesome! We gotta do something!" He yelled in concern, "I don't know if I'm strong enough to beat something of that size!"

"Dibs!" Ken yelled as his aura burst into existence around him and he flew off over the barrier of the backyard and into Ponyville.

There it was, standing ten meters, more than thirty feet, tall. A giant, pony-eating timberwolf!

"Prepare to beaten! Ahhhhhh!" Ken said as he charged forward the monster, reeling back his fist and punching as hard as he could in his base form.

The timberwolf blew apart into pieces which were spiraling way back towards the Everfree Forest.

Ken blinked.

Kira flew next to him, "Did you just beat it in one punch?"

"Huh..." Ken said, staring at his fist in shock, before looking to his sister, "When did monsters get so weak?"

Copper Will came running, taking a few breaths before saying, "Wait for... Where's the monster?"

"Nii-san beat it already, what a downer!" Kira whined, "I wanted to fight too!" She pointed a finger accusing at her twin brother, "The next fight is mine, okay?!"

"Okay, okay, nee-chan!" Ken said, raising his hands in defense, "You can defeat the next bad guy!"

"I... Wha..." Copper trailed off, "You know what? Screw it, if you can't beat'em, join them."

Kira turned towards the minotaur child, "Copper-san! Is there anything else!? Come'on, there's gotta be something!"

"Uh..." He replied, "Well I did hear a rumor that Wushu is heading to Ponyville?"

"Who?" Ken and Kira questioned.

"Oh come on, we talked about him in the tournament, remember?" Copper Will stated.

The two Twins thought for a few seconds, trying to remember about someone named Wushu.

"Nope, don't remember," Kira said, "Is he strong?"

"Better be, or nee-chan will use you as a punching bag," Ken joked to Copper.

"Don't even joke about that, I wouldn't survive two minutes against her, and not even ten seconds if she goes goldilocks."

"It's Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan!" Kira corrected in annoyance, flailing her arms up and down to make a point.

"Anyway," Ken continued, "When is Wushu suppose to be here?"

"Well, I think it should be soon..."


"Master Wushu, why did we come here?"

A small light tan-hued filly with short dark green hair, along with a tiny baby blue horn on top of her head while having no cutie mark as well, asked her teacher.

Besides the young pony, an old diamond dog holding a bo-staff in one hand stood next to her. His coat was white-gray, in testament to his age, and he had a small beard hanging from the bottom of his muzzle.

"Ah, Sinai, Ponyville might hold the some of the few who might be joining you,' Wushu answered as he slowly walked towards the toward the town, using the bo-staff as a walking stick.

"I know it's only been a couple weeks, but I'm positive I could do everything myself just fine- ow!" The filly unicorn cried out in slight pain as she rubbed the back of her head.

Wushu had bonked the staff on the filly, Sinai's, head.

"Your optimism is noted, but I'm the teacher here," Wushu stated as he lifted the staff and slowly started walking.

In that moment, Wushu and Sinai looked up towards the town to see a giant timberwolf.

"Shouldn't we help?" Sinai asked.

"We would, but this is Ponyville," Wushu said as if it was a common occurrence, "And looks like someone else already has."

That was when Sinai spotted a glowing light heading straight towards the timberwolf before it was blown all the way back to the Everfree Forest in pieces upon contact.

"W-Wow! Can you do that Master?" She asked Wushu.

"I can defeat it easily if that's what you're asking," Wushu replied. "But come, we are the meet the ones who defeated it. And I have a pretty clear idea whom they are."

"The Element bearers?" Sinai asked; many ponies knew of them from their exploits.

"No, you wouldn't know of them as their activities have been kept secret from the public eye, but their recent endeavors in the Four Border Tournament had introduced them quite brilliantly into the martial arts society." He explained, "They are referred to as the Twins."

"The Twins? Sounds ominous," Sinai replied.

Wushu barked a laugh out, "Well, they are anything but that when I saw them from afar! In fact, they are around your age."

The eight-year-old filly pouted.

"Ah, it seems they know we're here. Oh, is that young Will with them? Today is just full of surprises."

"Master..." Sinai trailed off at her Master's unusual antics again.

In that moment, approaching them, practically running up, was a child minotaur, and two... Two... What? What are they?

"Um, what are they?" Sinai asked quickly before they could approach in time.

"Humans, or at least that's what I'm told."

"Hi!" A, undoubtfully, female human practically appeared in front of the green-furred unicorn's face.

"H-Hello, um..." She trailed off.

"I'm Kira! Kira Heartstrings," The girl proudly said, a monkey tail behind her wiggling in joy. Kira then pointed to a nearly identical looking sibling, "This is my brother, Ken," She said before pointing to the minotaur, "And this is Copper!"

"Hello," Copper Will greeted calmly.

"Pleased to meet ya!" Ken said in a similar expression to his twin sister.

"I'm... Sinai... Sinai Airwalk" The pony trailed off.

"Cool, that's a pretty sweet last name!" Ken commented on the fact, then pointed a thumb at Wushu, "So, who's the old doggy?"

How would Sinai know that this odd meeting would bring about the greatest change of her life?

Author's Note:

A short chapter, but holding a crucial moment for story development.

PreviousChapters Next