• Published 31st Mar 2012
  • 10,497 Views, 922 Comments

Saiyan of Equestria - Boyzilla



A half saiyan, half human little boy named Ken was subjugated to a lab for two years. When escaping he is transported to Equestria, where he's adopted, and gains a twin sister. Now Ken, and Kira, train to protect their new home, family, and friends.

  • ...
59
 922
 10,497

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 68: All that is, is Not

Tournament Saga

Chapter 68: All that is, is Not

A brief moment of recovery allowed Kira to regain her breath, her muscles relaxing slightly to a more restful state from the constant tension. The tournament was really fun, especially with all the different opponents, but the human mind of the girl was getting just a bit tired from all these matches. Scorpan seemed to allow her to regain her strength, he didn't seem evil, just a person who wanted a good match. So he was alright, but hurting Ken so much really got on her nerves!

She idly wondered what the Cutie Mark Crusaders were doing, it is summer break after all... Mmh... Well, Ken's and her's birthday is coming up soon. What kind of presents will they get? What type of games are going to be at the party? Will Uncle Raze be there? Probably not, he couldn't get here without that blue box space-timely wimey thing.

'Wow, I got lots of things to think about! Oh! Maybe Copper-san would like to meet our friends! Yeah, that would be great!' Kira thought to herself, her previous tense martial arts form losing its defense.

Scorpan sighed, "If you have forgotten, we are in the middle of a match."

Kira's head shot up, her face lit up with a mild pink flush from the embarrassment, "Sorry, I was just thinking about stuff!" She exclaimed back.

The half saiyan girl slid right back into her fighting stance, a golden aura flaring into existence around.

The centaur uncrossed his arms, his stare sending Kira a curious predicament.

"What's the matter?" Kira asked in confusion at Scorpan's sudden change of expression.

"There are only two beings more powerful than you and your brother within this Equestria."

"Huh?" Kira said, head tilting slightly. She connected the dots a few moments later, "Yeah, the Princesses, why?"

"What if something were to come, and be able to defeat them?" His voice was low, almost uncatchable, but with Kira's closer proximity and enhanced saiyan hearing, she could hear him clearly.

"I... Um..." This strange question gave the eight-year-old some pause, "Why are you asking me this?" Kira questioned.

"Because you both are the only thing outside them with the capabilities to fight evenly with me. In the brief time within my stay here, I've noticed a clear difference between where I came, and this world. While mine is filled with fighters, defenders, heroes... Yours is lacking... All that is within this Four Border Tournament you see before you is all that stands to defend this world from malicious forces both within... And out."

"Out?" Kira questioned, "What you mean by all that? What's coming from out? And what other bad guys are there?"

The hybrid child could barely wrap her head around it, what did Scorpan mean by all this? Where there more bad guys like EIOSES out there? Perhaps another evil Discord? And what does he mean from 'out'?

"If that same force defeated both Celestia and her sister with power that did not weaken their own abilities... What chance do you have against it?" Scorpan asked, "I myself may be quite formidable, but even I can't defeat your Princesses just yet."

'My Princesses? His words are so confusing!' Kira ruffled her own golden hair, 'Ugh, it barely makes any sense!'

Scorpan crossed his arms once more, "I was promised a good fight, and while you and your brother have delivered in the most interesting of ways... You are still just a bit far cry from my skill. Perhaps next time this tournament occurs, you will have grown in your abilities."

"Wait, what are you going to do?" Kira questioned.

"I'm going you show you why you are not yet ready," Scorpan finished as he took in a deep breath.

The half saiyan girl prepared herself, becoming tense for battle once more at whatever the centaur planned to accomplish.

An alarm rang through Kira's senses, causing the half saiyan girl to take a step back away in surprise. She brought her hands in front of her face just as a windy shockwave blasted forth from Scorpan's position. Kira bit her lip as she began to realize that her opponent was holding back his power the entire time.

'So strong...' The hybrid thought to herself, I got to beat him before he charges up fully, not to mention I can't keep my Super Saiyan form up for long!'

The eight-year-old could feel it, her transformation couldn't last much longer, not only did it strain herself, but it kept wanting to twist her emotional state. The saiyan side of her half and half body pushed harshly against its human counterpart, eager for battle, a thirst for inflicting pain upon her foe.

Kira shook her head, "Focus, stop getting distracted!" She scolded herself briefly. Our heroine's human mind brought up a few possible solutions to the problem in front of her, quickly growing in battle power.

She brought two hands in front of her forward, constant usage of the technique allowing her to cast nearly instantaneously as the yellow energy formed, spiked, and fully charged on the spot beyond her palms.

"Masenko ha!"

The raw yellow Ki energy traveled across the tournament arena with blinding speed, impacting against the ever energy increasing Scorpan. An explosion followed soon after, the technique blowing apart the flooring while generating a substantial amount of smoke.

"Dang it!" Kira yelled, she could still feel his empowering state. "Didn't work!"

Her brother's voice came through their unique link, 'Uh, nee-chan, I hope you have a plan on beating him!' Ken thought to her.

'Working on it!'

'You sure, I'm sensing some serious energy from Scorpan!'

'I get it, he's super powerful! I'll think of something, just watch nii-san!'

Kira sweatdropped as she viewed, and sensed, the increasing source before her. 'Frost Tarts... I hope I can think of something!'

Then, it hit her.

"That... Might just work!" Kira said; she brought both hands to each side opening them wide as a royal blue Swirling Sphere formed in each palm.

"Aaaaargh!" Kira yelled as her golden Super Saiyan aura flared out with tremendous force, with a single step forward she practically shot toward Scorpan easily faster than the speed of sound.

The centaur eyes widened in slight shock, he did anticipate his opponent to attack him head on in this state. He shot forth his telekinetic grasps at the girl to slow her down.

Kira senses flared, she kicked the dirt in front of herself, stopping the momentum as she dropped her body and slid. This action let the telekinesis spell fly overhead.

She had moved so fast that the normally instantaneous spell was too slow.

She had dodged it.

"What?" Scorpan said in shock, dodging the telekinesis spell was practically unheard of, it was unexpected to say the least. He began bringing his arms forward to defend himself.

Too late.

"Have two Swirling Spheres, Scorpan!" Kira exclaimed at him, anger laced in her voice as the saiyan side of her influenced human emotions. The girl slammed the two electric arcing orbs straight on to the centaurs abdomen, and in that moment, the two Ki techniques collided with the empowering magical energy.

A bright flash lit up the entire arena as a royal blue lightning bolt erupted from the center of the tournament ring and into the sky above, decorating the tranquil blue into a darker shade for the briefest of moments.


She couldn't move... Her body didn't respond to her commands... Wasn't her attack suppose to affect Scorpan... Not her?

".... I have to say, young one... That was incredibly bold move..."

"...."

"You managed to stop me, that I applaud you on... But it also backfired on you, did it not?"

"...."

"You... Are very different from any other opponent I faced.. No, both you and your brother."

"...."

"There is something to you both, I can't quite understand it. Here I thought the ponies had shown me everything. But... It seemed there are things in life I have yet to learn."

She could feel now, her entire body numb to the bone... But she could speak at least.

"How you know... That we are saiyans?"

"Ah... I can't quite tell you that. But you see, I was... Invited here by someone you know. He told me you could give me a good fight, that which you did... But I believe he sent me to learn something else. I must admit... I was watching most of your stay here in this Four Border Tournament, I guess you could call me a stalker."

"Hehe..."

"I thought to learn your strengths by observation though it seems I've instead learned of your fragile little family. It is the reason why I had talked to you earlier about threats from outside. You probably don't understand most of it."

"I... No, I don't..."

"Well, you'll recover from the backlash of your own attack. I'm done here, though."

"Huh?"

"I forfeit."

"W-why!?"

"Because, I don't need the prize. And I've gotten what I came for. I'm going home."

"So... You were never a bad guy."

"Heh, well, I guess I certainly acted like a bad guy. But it was just a means to make you fight... Oh, and one last thing."

"Yeah, mister?"

"It may be a bit insignificant, but... You should find some more friends outside the ones at Ponyville. Your minotaur companion, for example, it a great start. I never had the chance to have many friends when I was young, but you do, and you should make that chance a reality. "

Scorpan left in that moment, he just upped and forfeited... With all but cryptic messages that left our heroine confused.

They would never see him again.



A black haired Kira sat on a bench outside the tournament, eyes staring at the grass that billowed in the traveling breeze. The half saiyan girl couldn't make heads or tails to the ending of her last match. It didn't make any logical sense, not to mention she could never find him afterward. She had so many questions, so many beyond counting that just stacked upon each other in her mind.

"Nee-chan?"

Kira looked up at the face of her twin brother, who had Copper Will standing next to them.

She sighed and said. "Nii-san, I'm so... Confused."

"I think we all are," Copper commented. "Scorpan... Well... I can't really find any words to explain all of this..." He trailed off.

Ken scratched his cheek absently, "Um... Look at the bright side, Kira won the tournament. Mommy now has all that money to spend on great things, like food and stuff!" The twin brother stated, attempting to cheer his sister up.

"Yeah..." Kira replied with a small smile.

"And your tail grew back too." Copper said, "Though how you two's tail grew back so... Spontaneously is beyond me."

"Hehe," Kira giggled a bit, behind her the girl's brown monkey-like tail wiggled contently. "Sometimes I wonder how it does that too," Kira said as she stood up.

Ken grinned joyfully, "Look if you don't wanna fight the bonus round... You don't have too. I'm tired of all these matches." The boy said as his own tail swayed carelessly.

Kira and Copper nodded in agreement, the latter saying, "It gets a bit exhausting, sure the audience might be disappointed, but I think they would understand."

The half saiyan girl released a breath of relief, "I'm done too, let's go tell mommy then we can head home." She finished, her shoulders relaxing as the tail behind her went a bit limp in exhaustion.

"No one faults you, I'm going to talk with my father. I think we take the same train to a certain point," Copper said.

"That's great!" Ken exclaimed at their friend.

"We can talk and do some games on the way too," Kira stated happily. "See you later then, Copper-san?"

"Sure thing!" The orange coated minotaur said, giving a thumbs up at the two twins. The friend both Ken and Kira made in this long tournament began to walk away, he waved and said. "See you soon!"

"Bye!" Ken and Kira said in unison, waving back at him.

And as Copper Will left them, the Twins' mother came just around the corner.

"Ah, there are my two little munchkins." She greeted them.

"Mom!" Ken exclaimed in embarrassment at the endearment.

Kira scratched her scarred nose, "Hey mommy, can we go home? I don't want to fight anymore."

Lyra's eyebrow rose in slight surprise, but then her expression changed to that of a loving mother. "Sure, I'm tired of all this. Let's tell the proctor, head to the hotel to pack, and then go home."

Ken and Kira smiled as they went up to the unicorn, the three embracing each other in a hug before heading out. They would forfeit the bonus round, achieve the prize money for winning the final match, and then once joining Bon-Bon, meet up with the Will family at the train station and once and for all... Finally go home.

Author's Note:

The events of the Four Border Tournament come to a close, marking the end of the Tournament Saga. To be completely honest, I'm glad to finally have finished this long lasting part of the Twins' ever growing story. The hardships that plague them will be overcome, not only by them but also their family and friends. They've gained a new friend, achieved a way to continue living in their home, and learned new things from the tournament.

I hope you all enjoyed reading the Tournament Saga, and I'll see you next time, in the peaceful intermission that make up the story you all love... Saiyan of Equestria.

PreviousChapters Next