• Published 31st Mar 2012
  • 10,500 Views, 922 Comments

Saiyan of Equestria - Boyzilla



A half saiyan, half human little boy named Ken was subjugated to a lab for two years. When escaping he is transported to Equestria, where he's adopted, and gains a twin sister. Now Ken, and Kira, train to protect their new home, family, and friends.

  • ...
59
 922
 10,500

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 70: Cakes, Parties, and Gifts.

Peaceful Intermission

Chapter 70: Cakes, Parties, and Gifts

Today was a very special day for our Twin heroes, the moment had arrived in which they would ascend further beyond into their periods of growth! That's right, today was Ken and Kira's birthday! Finally, the age old number of nine would grace its presence into the twins' lives. But while the day had surely arrived, the party would have to wait as Ken, Kira, Copper, and rest of the Cutie Mark Crusaders joined up with Babs Seed who arrived this day at the train station.

Now if only they actually remember their birthday...

"Babs! Good to see you again!" Ken exclaimed with joy, waving happily in greeting to the arrival of the filly.

"Nice to see you too!" Babs replied cheerfully as she hopped off the train, taking a good look at the ones who awaited her. The filly held a brief expression of confusion at the sight of the orange-furred bald minotaur.

Kira snapped her fingers when she noticed, "Oh! Babs! This is Copper Will! He's a new friend of ours, maybe a later member of the CMC?"

"That's yet to be decided!" Scootaloo voiced her opinion, "But I guess we could expand a bit more."

"Um, I'm right here you know..." Copper Will stated his disgruntlement

"In any case," Sweetie Bell began, "Let's head over to the Clubhouse!"

Applebloom nodded in agreement, "Then afterward we can head over to Pinkie's place for snacks!"

Ken scratched his cheek in thought, "We can think up something to do in the clubhouse," He said.

Kira raised a fist, her monkey-like tail wagging happily behind her, "Yeah, they're plenty of adventures to think up that we can all enjoy while searching for Cutie Marks!"

Babs Seed then said, "What are we waiting for then? Let's go!" The brown filly finished.

"Was I just ignored completely?" Copper questioned to no one in particular.

A few minutes passed and the group of children had quickly arrived at their destination, the clubhouse. After entering and barring the entrance, they began to discuss top-secret, super important, totally relevant topics.

"That doesn't make any sense, why would the Streak be slower than Supermare?"

"Because Supermare is faster than light!"

"Well, the Streak can use the Blitz Force!"

"Supermare can punch the Blitz Force!"

"What canon are you talking about?"

"Come on, we all know that Aquastallion is the best superhero."

"In your dreams!"

"Pfh, Green Flashlight can make mini red suns, that beats Supermare, incinerates Aquastallion, and makes Streak sweat out his speed!"

Ken and Kira blinked at the confusing subject that all their friends were talking about, since when did they all get into comic books? How exactly did they get the comics anyway?

"Is the library selling comics now?" Kira questioned.

Scootaloo answered, "Nah, Twilight wouldn't have anything that isn't a book, and comics apparently don't count as books to her!"

"Which really sucks," Applebloom voiced her opinion.

Ken scratched his cheek in absent thought, before asking, "So what comic series are you talking about? I didn't think the heroes had ever met each other yet."

Sweetie Bell answered.

"Justice Team!"

"Justice Team?"

"Justice Team."

"Reminds me of that one moment in the tournament," Copper said, "Something about a super team of heroes with me, Ken, and Kira?" The minotaur child questioned, wondering if he got that memory right.

"Yep, you got me the leader!" Ken pridefully boasted.

"He's joking, I'm the real leader," Kira corrected him.

"Hey, I'm the one with the super boasts, so I'm the leader!"

"I'm stronger than you so I'm the leader, the leader is always the strongest character!"

"Um, are you two done?" Copper Will questioned.

"We're both leaders then," Ken finished.

"That's... That's okay," Kira agreed with her brother.

The Cutie Mark Crusaders, including Babs Seed who also was a member, and Copper Will sighed in relief, no spontaneous sparring matches today due to silly arguments between the twins.

"Ow!" Ken yelled as he turned out to see what hit him in the head, only to see a folded paper airplane.

Everything looked towards it, clearly surprised by this sudden interruption.

"Did somebody just hit you? You, the super fast martial artist that made it into the semi-finals, with a paper airplane?" Copper Will said, attempting to hold back the laughter of the irony.

"That's exactly what happened," Babs Seed said with a grin, "I heard the entire tournament on radio, wish I could've seen it, though."

"Ha ha, very funny," Ken grumbled as he grabbed the object and began unfolding it while his tail lay comfortably on the floor.

Kira tilted her head, "What's it say, nii-san?"

"Well... It's definitely from Pinkie Pie..." Ken trailed off as he looked at the paper which was decorated in a variety of bright colors.

Everyone nodded, agreeing that Pinkie Pie would do such a thing.

"Well, what does it say?" Sweetie Bell questioned.

"Um..." Ken glanced back at the paper, "There's a party at Pinkie's place and we are invited over-"

"That's sounds like fun!" Applebloom commented.

"Let's go, better than sitting around here!" Scootaloo agreed.

Babs Seed pumped a hoof in the air, "Onwards to Pinkie's place!"

"I can't help but get the feeling I'm forgetting something..." Kira trailed off in thought, her tail wiggling around freely.


"Happy Birthday!"

A crowd of ponies exclaimed, surprising the Twins as their brains slowly clocked into the reminder of their own birthdays. After all, being nine years old now was a big thing! Like, huge, like, very huge, so it's super important for the Twins! It felt like they were eight years old for more than a single year for some reason, though.

"We're... We're nine years old now! Oh my gosh, I can't believe it!" Kira squealed happily with her saiyan tail wagging like an overjoyed puppy.

Pinkie Pie popped out of nowhere, "Yep! This one took forever but a birthday is still a birthday!" She whipped out a cake from behind her, "I even got cake! You can blow the candles at the tables!" She said, the pink pony zipping across the room with the candles lit yet not one dropped or flared.

Ken grabbed his sister's hand and pulled her to the table, "Come on nee-chan, I can't wait for it!" He said with complete happiness.

"Hehe, I get it, I get it!" Kira giggled with a wide grin.

The crowd around them laughed at the display, soon enough the two Twins were in front of lit candles on top the cake. They were surrounded by friends and family, which had certainly grown since their first birthday. The ponies of the town were happy and laughing, now used to their presence within Ponyville.

Lyra Heartstrings smiled, "Make your wish now!" She said.

"Wish for something big now!" Bon-Bon added to it.

'Just don't wish for immortality, haha!' Chris laughed from the seal.

"Wish for Cutie Marks!" All the Cutie Mark Crusaders exclaimed their suggestion.

"When pigs fly," Copper Will commented on that last one.

Ken could barely stop from crying in joy, as he leaned in with his sister to blow out the candles they thought one single.

'I would wish for something...' Ken began in their telepathic link.

'...But it's already been granted.' Kira finished it off.

They blew softly, the candle lights flickering before they vanished into nothing but small smoke trails.

"Happy Birthday, Ken and Kira!" The crowd said with a large cheer.

The following half hour was a burst of colors, games, and excitement. Ken and Kira played a variety of games for parties that had them grinning and laughing the whole time while having a blast with their friends and family. The presents had to wait as the party exceeded its own expectations as someone somehow found some fireworks and let them burst out into the sunlit sky. That was when the entire of Ponyville joined into the party.

Hunger was the enemy, Ken and Kira defeated it by stuffing their faces full of cake, muffins, cupcakes, and all sorts of sweets that they would only receive on such a day in large quantities.

It had been two hours before our little munchkins decided it was finally time to open their birthday presents.

Ken dug into the first one eagerly, opening its wrapping and taking out the gift inside.

"Awesome!" Ken exclaimed as he revealed a set of action figures. He glanced at the letter, "Thanks Babs!" He exclaimed towards the pony.

"Your welcome, I heard you didn't have many toy stores in Ponyvile," Babs Seed responded.

"My turn, my turn!" Kira said as she shredded through the wrapping, suddenly a gasp. The girl lifted the box like it was a gift from the heavens, "Limited Edition Blueberry Crust Frost-tarts!"

"Hehe," Bon-Bon giggled, "Had them delivered to my store, been saving them for you."

"Thanks, Auntie!" Kira said with a hug embracing the Earth Pony.

Ken and Kira then ripped one that was for both of them, to reveal new designed and mint green colored Cutie Mark Crusader Capes

"Thanks, girls!" Kira called to the CMC, Scootaloo, Appleboom, and Sweetie Bell.

"No problem, it was about time you got some new ones!" Scootaloo stated.

"I had Rarity make them too fit you two better," Sweetie Bell said.

Ken grinned, his tail wiggling about, "Sweet!" He exclaimed, then looked toward his mother, Lyra. "Mom, where's your present? I don't see it here."

Lyra smiled, "Mine and Twilight's gift is a little too big for the house."

Kira's mouth opened wide in shock before closing it as she was filled with energy, "What is it, what is it!?" She asked excitely.

The unicorn laughed, "Just wait, you'll see!"

"Here," Copper Will handed his two-in-one present to the Twins.

"You got a gift for us too, Copper-san?" Kira said in shock, she wasn't expecting him considering he didn't live in Ponyville or a big city.

"I had to get some help from my father and Ms. Rarity, but I managed to get it. I noticed how your sparring uniforms would get torn a lot so I had some Spring cloth ordered."

"Spring cloth?" Ken said as he took the present, Kira looking over as he opened it up to reveal a set of identical look uniforms to their current ones back home. He pressed a hand against it, "It's soft..." He stated.

"Yep," Copper Will replied, "But it's made from Spring cloth, making it twenty times more durable and resistant from tearing."

"Thanks!" Kira, in particular, enjoyed this gift.

Then a bright golden light blinded everyone as something appeared in the midst of them. In this moment, another gift was snuck in while two gifts appeared from this light. Once the light dimmed down, two gold wrapped gifts and one ordinary one caught everyone's eyes.

Ken placed Copper Will's gift on a chair then went up and picked up the note.

"What is it nee-chan?" Kira asked.

"It's from Uncle Raze!" Ken exclaimed, grabbing hold of the box and carefully undoing the wrapping, then lifting the lid. There was another note inside that Ken grabbed and read out loud.

Happy Birthday, Ken and Kira! Inside this box is a gift for you Ken, a pair of fingerless white gloves that will never break and adjust in size for you. It also helps ease any energy impacts against you so make sure to use them for blocking!

Raze Vestel

Ken slipped on the fingerless gloves, "Wow, they are really comfortable... We got so many great gifts today!"

Kira undid the other one, grasping an amulet with an empty slot in the middle of it from the box. The little nine-year-old girl looked towards the note and read it.

Happy Birthday, Ken and Kira! Inside this box is a gift for you Kira, a unique amulet that can increase the weight of your clothing far better than a unicorn's spell can. This will help with you and Ken's training! It also has an empty slot so you can place your light crystal inside of it and wear both around your neck!

Raze Vestel

"Where does he get these things? Thanks, though, Uncle Raze... Wish you were here." Kira stated longingly as she grabbed and opened the last ordinary present to reveal a picture frame of the Twins, Lyra, Raze, The Doctor, and Ditzy altogether."

With all these gifts, surrounded by family and friends, the Twins, now nine years old, enjoyed one of the most happiest days of their lives. In the following day, however, their lives will get even more interesting.

PreviousChapters Next