• Published 31st Mar 2012
  • 10,501 Views, 922 Comments

Saiyan of Equestria - Boyzilla



A half saiyan, half human little boy named Ken was subjugated to a lab for two years. When escaping he is transported to Equestria, where he's adopted, and gains a twin sister. Now Ken, and Kira, train to protect their new home, family, and friends.

  • ...
59
 922
 10,501

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 55: Crystal Foe

Tournament Saga

Chapter 55: Crystal Foe

"Fighters, begin!" The announcer shouted.

Meanwhile, Kira sat on top of the small wall dividing the fighter observation area and the tournament ring, she raised her right fist into the air, cheering loudly for her brother, "Go Ken! Kick her booty!" She exclaimed happily.

Ken looked to her, and gave his sister a thumbs up, "I'll beat her in no time, then we can go eat!" He replied ecstatically.

Our hero looked to his crystal dragon opponent, he bowed to her in respect, "I'm honored to fight you Miss Emerald," Ken said before slipping into a fighting stance, "But I will win so me and nee-chan can go eat food with mommy and Aunt Bon-Bon."'

The Crystal Dragon nodded her head back in respect to the warrior child, "Then let us not delay our fight."

Emerald Dream breathed deeply, raising her head as her chest expanded slightly due to the sudden intake of air. When out of the blue, she thrust her head forward, mouth opening wide as a line of frost came forth toward the half saiyan hybrid.

"Woah!" Ken exclaimed in surprise as he ran to the side quickly, the frosty breath freezing the ground into ice as it missed its target. Ken stopped abruptly, his feet skidding along the ground with dust picking up as he did. Our hero faced his opponent before asking a simple question.

"What was that?! That looked so cool!" Ken couldn't help but be cheerful as his human side found a new fascination to be curious about.

"Living in the cold regions of the Crystal Empire has adapted by body to produce frost rather than flame," Emerald Dream answered Ken.

"That's pretty neat," Ken said, "I never dealt with ice attacks before..." He trailed off as his mind wandered into thought.

'Ken, don't get distracted in a fight,' Chris spoke up within his mind.

'Oh, sorry!' Ken replied to his father.

The half saiyan child looked back to his opponent's position, only to find Emerald not there. He quickly looked around, before he sensed his opponent in the sky. Ken glanced upward only to backflip away to avoid three large crystals crashing downward and penetrating into the arena floor.

"That looks dangerous," Ken said, landing on the ground once more. "But she can't kill me cause of the rules, so I think she knows that she needs stronger attacks to hurt me," the hybrid reasoned to himself.

"Nii-san look up, look up!" Ken heard Kira exclaim from the place she observed from.

Ken look up to find the crystal dragon sailing overhead, but within the boundaries of the large arena. Which, as big as it is, allowed for plenty of flight room.

'And plenty of room to safely use a Ki attack,' Chris recommended, 'I won't keep advising you through, and I won't give you any of my energy for the tournament. This is a friendly competition meant for you and your sister, and as such, I will not interfere.'

Ken grimaced mentally, he didn't want to use any Ki attacks yet, 'It's too early to use Ki attacks... I can wait... I can wait...' Ken thought to himself.

'There is no fear in using a Ki attack Ken, I know you know that you've used Ki attacks plenty of times before without triggering a Super Saiyan transformation. It won't trigger it now, even after the incident months ago.' Chris said.

Ken remained silent as he ran out of the way of more incoming crystal spikes, dodging them with relative ease, waiting for his opponent to come down to him so he could strike.

'You could always fly...' Chris trailed off, knowing his son was still too frightened to even think of using his Ki energy beyond basic body enhancement. 'How about you jump high at least, that's simple enough.'

Chris, the Z-fighter father of the Twins, knew that if he could continue to make Ken feel confident about using his Ki abilities, then Ken would eventually become more able to protect himself, his family, and his friends. For as much as Ken believes that not using his Ki protects himself from hurting them, Chris knows for a fact that such belief is going only to come bite him later on.

He has to get Ken's confidence back up, before whatever future events come to test his children once again.

Ken found his father's advice acceptable enough to use, the small boy dodged a few more speaks by rushing quickly to the fighter's observing wall. He saw his sister cheer joyfully as he approached her, he grinned back, his sister's happiness giving him a feeling of warmth in his heart. Ken high-fived his sister just as he approached the wall and used it as a place to propel himself into the air by using his momentum as a small boost.

"And there goes our young fighter, using the dividing wall as a boost to get himself high into the air toward his opponent! What will Emerald Dream do to counteract such a move?" The announcer told the events transpiring.

Emerald Dream flew backward, Ken flying right into her previous position in the air. The Crystal Dragon seemed surprise from how high Ken had launched himself into the air, but quickly used her crystallized tail to swipe at him.

Ken saw the tail coming, and prepared himself accordingly. He waved his hands to position his body correctly before he felt the hard tail smacking against his body. Ken hissed a bit in pain, but used this moment to grasp unto her tail and use it as a way to push himself toward the rest of the crystal dragon's body.

The hybrid delivered his first attack before Emerald could react, a fist slamming right into the side cheek of the big dragon. Ken winced slightly as he didn't expect the gem-like scales to be so hardy.

"Gak!" Emerald yelled out in pain, clearly not prepared for a small child to deal such a harsh blow. She used her powerful wings to thrust against the wind, the sudden movement causing Ken to be left alone in the air.

The Crystal Dragon looked to her opponent, "Such strength behind a small body, clearly you are stronger than you appear to be."

Ken grinned as gravity took over and he began to fall, unwilling to use his Ki energy to fly.

'Ken, use your tail.' Chris said.

'Huh?' Ken replied in absolute confusion.

'Spin your tail rapidly in a circle, it will propel the air to lift you up like a helicopter- Uh, like a bird?' Chris changed his example, realizing that his son and daughter were clueless of advanced technology.

Ken focused his attention to his saiyan tail that whished in the speeding wind, he concentrated on it as he began spinning it faster and faster as directed. He felt his body slow down and stop in the air just a few meters above ground.

The crowd and announcer were astounded.

"I've never seen that before folks! Ken has used his tail to somehow keep himself into the air without wings or magic!" The sunglasses wearing earth pony exclaimed loudly through a magical device.

Ken smiled, and spun as tail even faster to make himself fly without using Ki. This action did not exhaust him, this was barely tiring in the slightest. He charged forward in the air toward Emerald Dream, who realized her air superior had now been neglected by this innovated youngling before her. She decided that charging in toward the young boy would be foolish, as he seemed quite skilled in close-quarter combat and of fighting larger opponents then himself.

So, she would stay at a range and pick this warrior child apart from there.

"Prepare to lose Miss Emerald!" Ken cried out from afar, his childish innocence almost catching her off guard.

"It will be you who lose, child!" She exclaimed back at him as she summoned her inner draconic magic, and launched multiple bolts of frost from her mouth toward Ken.

Ken dodged them with relative ease, swaying his body mass to make the frost bolts shoot pass him. The child approached the crystal dragon more quickly than anticipated, and before she knew it, Ken was on her. The hybrid boy grabbed on to one of her legs, before climbing up her like a monkey does a tree, swinging up her arm and landing on her backside, he then grasped both her wings and held them tight in place.

This caused her to start falling as she no longer had anything to hold her up in the air.

"Let go!" Emerald Dream exclaimed toward the boy on her back.

"Nope! I'll hang on instead!" Ken yelled over the sound of the rushing wind.

The gravitational force of the planet brought both fighters to the ground, crashing on to the tiled flooring with dust being thrown into the air. Ken leaped off the Crystal Dragon's back, before dive kicking right back down and delivering a critical strike to her back. Emerald Dream roared in pain, before thrashing her tail around and knocking the hybrid boy off. Ken recovered quickly, shot right back to his opponent, and uppercut her entire head with his small right fist.

Ken then spun mid air and slammed his left foot into the side of Emerald's cheek. Ignoring the wince of pain that came with striking a crystallized opponent, Ken landed back down and sent a combination of martial art attacks to the crystal dragon's chest.

With each blow, she stagger backward, approaching the edge of the arena ring. But with a delay in one of Ken's attack, she took full advantage and headbutted the small child, making him fall backward a few feet. As the hybrid boy got up, Emerald Dream took a deep breath and released a breath of frost unto him.

Ken was frozen solid on the spot.

"And Emerald Dream froze the young fighter using her unique attack, is this the end for Ken? Or can he break free of his icy tomb?" The announcer yelled.

"You should start counting," Emerald Dream insisted.

"Oh... Right... Um, One... Two..." He started to count.

'Ken, the only way you can get free is if you use Ki.' Chris stated the obvious.

'But.. It's too early! I can't use my Ki yet, what if-'

'What if you disappoint your sister by losing to early? What if Kira can't beat her opponent and Lyra is in big financial problems and can't avoid to take care of you two anymore?' Chris said, pulling out the big guns.

Ken mentally cringed, it was Ki or no Ki.

'Look, you don't have to transform. I'm here to make sure you don't remember? You just use some of your Ki and I'll watch carefully.'

'Okay...'

"Six! Seven!" The announcer continued to count up.

'Aaaahh!' Ken yelled mentally as his Ki rose, the ice gaining pressure from within until it could not hold it in any longer. The ice shattered apart as a blue Ki aura burst into existence around the eight year old.

"What, how! You were frozen solid!" Emerald Dream yelled in shock.

Ken grinned as he scratched the back of his hair, "I guess I chilled down."

The yellow mane announcer exclaimed as loud as he could, "Look at that amazing display of energy! Looks like the fight is far from over folks! I feel the intensity from here! Such power that boy has!"

Ken leaped toward, raising his fist to strike. Emerald Dream showed her claws and started swiping at Ken when he reached her, but Ken blocked each blow with little to no damage to himself. He tilted his body to avoid them and redirected the claws away from himself. Ken rolled forward, going right under the dragon's body and raised his hand to her bottom side.

"Hi Ya!" Ken exclaimed as a blue Ki blast exploded from underneath and sent Emerald Dream into the air. A blue aura once more appeared around the hybrid and he flew upward faster than she was blasted. Once overhead, he clenched both fist toward and slammed straight down.

Her body was sent flying, crashing into the grass.

"Ring out! Winner is Ken Heartstrings! What a great fight, let's give them both a round of applause before ending today! Bravo!" The announcer cheered as the crowd applauded the fight they had been given.

Ken grinned as he landed back down, before releasing a breath of tension. "I did it... I used my Ki... I did it!" Ken said to himself, joy filling his heart.

'Good job Ken! Now how about you go meet Kira and have a good dinner?' His father said.

'Right!' Ken agreed, and rushed out of the tournament ring toward his sister.

"Great! I knew you would win nii-san!" Kira high-fived her twin, "I can't wait till I fight!" She exclaimed.

Ken smiled, "Can we go eat? I'm starving!"

"Me too! Let's go find mommy!" Kira replied.

The two twins ran past the other fighters and left, searching for their mother so they could eat and fill their ever empty pits they call stomachs.

PreviousChapters Next