• Published 21st Mar 2014
  • 949 Views, 9 Comments

Pokémon CrimsonRed and CobaltBlue - Golden Flare



An MLP:FiM x Pokemon crossover. Two stallions shall begin their Pokemon journey, to try and become the very best.

  • ...
8
 9
 949

Episode 4: The Flim-flam of the Flim Flam Brothers

The train pulls into the station as Crimson steps off of it along with some other ponies, he walked to the other side of Ponyville and just outside of it was a nature like cottage, where the Pokémon caretaker, Fluttershy resides. He knocks on the front door and waits for her to answer, but when the door opens, an agitated Buneary stood there while there was a yellow coated mare with a pink mane bawling her eyes out on the couch.

"Um...is this a bad time?" Crimson asks.

The Buneary nods and tries to slam the door in his face, but Crimson puts his hoof in the way.

"Hold on, maybe I can help."

The Buneary looked like it was going to object, but after hearing a loud wail from the mare, it sighed in exasperation and allowed him in. Crimson noticed all of her Pokémon trying to console her, but he was focused on the mare herself, he walked over to her and tried to communicate.

"Uh, hello?"

The mare looked up, panicked, and hid in her hooves.

"It's okay, I'm not gonna hurt you."

The mare hesitated, but eventually warmed up to him and he sat down with her on the couch.

"Now tell me what's wrong."

The mare sniffled, "W-Well...somepony snuck into my cottage and p-pony-napped my Glameow."

"What?!"

The mare was scared by his volume, but calmed down, "I-It's true, I heard hoofsteps last n-night and saw somepony make off with my Pokémon in the night."

Crimson furrowed his brow in anger, hardly believing somepony could do such a thing, with his mind made, he addressed the mare again.

"Don't worry, I'll go into town and look for some clues, I'm sure somepony had to have seen someone suspicious last night."

The mare went wide-eyed, "Y-You would do that? For m-me?"

Crimson smiled, "Sure. I love Pokémon too."

The mare smiled back at his words, then realized something, "Oh, I didn't introduce myself, I'm Fluttershy."

"Crimson. Crimson Blaze."


Crimson went back into town and asked the ponyfolk about a suspicious character last night out and about. Sadly, he didn't find anything useful, nopony had seen such a pony last night. He was about to give up when he heard a voice, no, two voices ring out across town.

"Hurry, hurry, hurry!" one voice spoke in a slogan manner, "Come one, come all, to the Flim Flam Brothers' Pokémon auction!"

"That's right, brother!" the other voice agreed, "We have quite a few Pokémon up for sale today! Do you any of you lovely fillies and gentlecolts want a Pokémon of your very own?"

A cheer sounded in the audience as Crimson made his way to town square, where this so called, "Pokémon auction" was taking place.

"Then let's get started!" Flim declared.

Flam grabbed a cloth that looked like it was covering something, "Our first Pokémon for sale is..."

He swiftly removed the cloth to reveal...

"A Glameow!"

Crimson gasped in shock as he remembered something crucial from Fluttershy before he left...


"My Glameow was wearing a little yellow ribbon with my Cutie Mark on it," Fluttershy said, showing that her Cutie Mark had three pink butterflies.


The moment after remembering that, Crimson noticed that Glameow was wearing the exact same ribbon in Fluttershy's description. With newfound vigor, he pushed forward through the crowd to the thieving brothers.

"Now, who would like this beautiful Pokémon?" Flim asked the crowd.

"How about the pony who owns it?" Crimson said, the crowd parting to reveal him the brothers.

"What in Celestia's name are you talking about, young colt?" Flam asked.

"That Glameow belongs to Fluttershy, which YOU TWO had stolen from her last night!"

The crowd gasps, but the Flim Flam Brothers remain unmoved.

"Likely story!" they both said.

"Can you in fact prove that this Pokémon isn't ours?" Flam asked smugly.

"The ribbon its wearing has Fluttershy's Cutie Mark!" Crimson said, pointing at said ribbon.

The two thieves noticed the flaw in their plan and rushed up to hide it, "That could mean anything!" Flim said.

"Everypony knows that no two Cutie Marks are the same!"

The crowd began to realize that there was truth in Crimson's words and quickly booed the Flim Flam Brothers. The two realized that they've been found out, but they weren't going to go without a fight.

"Well then, how do you like this?" Flam threw a Poké Ball in the air and it let loose a Koffing. "Use Poison Gas!"

The Koffing spewed its toxic fumes, but Crimson wasn't having it.

"Taillow, use Quick Attack!" Crimson shouted as he threw his Poké Ball.

Taillow came out and rushed through the gas, making it dissipate and angering the brothers.

"You ungrateful little...!"

Battle Theme

The Flim Flam Brothers would like to battle!

The Flim Flam Brothers sent out a Koffing and Seviper!

"Two, huh?" Crimson pulled out another Poké Ball, "Go, Ponyta!"

Ponyta came out and joined Taillow in the fray. Ponyta and Taillow were Lv. 13 and Koffing and Seviper were Lv. 14.

"Taillow, use Quick Attack, Ponyta, use Ember!"

Taillow used Quick Attack!

Ponyta used Ember!

"Use Smog!/Use Bite!" Flim and Flam shouted at the same time.

The foe's Koffing used Smog!

The foe's Seviper used Bite!

Critical hit!

Taillow fainted!

"Grr! Come back, Taillow!" Crimson swapped Pokémon, "Go, Murkrow!" Murkrow is still at Lv. 7 since it didn't get any training after the fiasco with Blueblood. "Use Pursuit!"

Murkrow used Pursuit!

Murkrow's attack missed!

The foe's Seviper used Poison Tail!

Murkrow fainted!

"Come back, Murkrow!" Crimson sent out another Pokémon, "Go, Fennekin!"

Fennekin is at Lv. 11 after feeding it a Rare Candy found during Crimson's travels and learned Howl from its level up.

"Use Scratch! Ponyta, use Flame Wheel!"

Fennekin used Scratch!

Critical hit!

The foe's Seviper fainted!

Ponyta used Flame Wheel!

Koffing tried to avoid it, but got hit and received a burn.

The foe's Koffing has been burned!

"Koffing, use Assurance!" Flim ordered.

The foe's Koffing used Assurance!

Critical hit!

Ponyta has endured the hit!

The foe's Koffing has been hurt by its burn!

The foe's Koffing fainted!

Ponyta grew to Lv. 14!

Fennekin grew to Lv. 12!

"I can't believe it..." Flim said in shock.

"Neither can I, brother..." Flam agreed.

Crimson won 1,800 bits from The Flim Flam Brothers!

The two made a hasty retreat, leaving behind all of the Pokémon they stole as the citizens of Ponyville chased them out of town. Crimson decided to let the Royal Guard handle things from here and take Glameow back to Fluttershy, whom of which was ecstatic that she got her Pokémon back. She was so happy that she allowed Crimson to adopt a Pokémon as a token of her gratitude, and he chose a newly hatched Charmander, the story with it was that the owners of a Charizard and a Ditto breeded to make its egg, but abandoned it after they picked them up, the egg was Fluttershy's even after it hatched, until now.

Crimson put it in its own Poké Ball and the Pokédex was updated:

#004 Charmander, the Lizard Pokémon
From the time it is born, a flame burns at the tip of its tail.
Its life would end if the flame were to go out.

Fluttershy didn't question the device as Crimson made his way back into town and to the train station to find the first Gym Leader, only to run into his heated rival, Cobalt.

"Hey, Crimsey! Guess what?" Cobalt asked.

"Uh, what?"

Cobalt showed him a badge shaped like a shiny apple, "I got my first Gym Badge! So how about you? Any luck?"

Crimson didn't say anything, which said it all to Cobalt, who laughed.

"Are you serious?! Man, I really AM way too strong! Maybe we shouldn't battle again just yet!"

Cobalt just walked past Crimson, laughing all the while as Crimson continued on his way.

To Be Continued...

Author's Note:

Charmander
Male
Lv. 1
Scratch
Growl
- - -
- - -

Comments ( 1 )

What will happen next?
I love Pokemon so much.


Is Spike a Pokemon Trainer too?

Login or register to comment