• Published 8th Feb 2014
  • 4,093 Views, 17 Comments

Wedding Bells - GunsNRoses365



Wedding Bells are ringing in Equestria as Lightning Twister and Scootaloo walk down the aisle to a start new life together.

  • ...
4
 17
 4,093

Wedding Bells

As the beautiful evening sun begins to set in the horizon, Canterlot castle begins to fill with the many friends, family, and and guests that are attending the wedding of Lightning Twister and Scootaloo. Inside one of the castles rooms just outside the wedding chapel, Lightning Twister paced back and forth nervously. His entire body was trembling and sweating. The now twenty five year old stallion had never felt more nervous about anything than this day, the day he would take his special somepony's hoof in marriage.

As Lightning continued to pace, he heard a knock on his door.

"Come In!" Lightning said

The door opened and revealed Lightning's best man, Rumble. Lightning and Rumble had been best friends since they were classmates in elementary school. The two met when Scootaloo introduced them after Lightning was rescued from King Sombra. They became fast friends when they had a race with one another. Even as the three friends grew older they still stayed connected. Rumble had seen every one of Lightning and Scootaloo's performances and was there biggest supporter.

"Hey, Lightning, I just wanted to let you know that the ceremony starts in five minutes." Rumble said to his best friend.

Lightning gave his best man a shaky nod of his head. Rumble let out a chuckle as he went up the groom.

"I've never seen you sweat so much, are you that nervous?" he asked as he continued to chuckle

"I'm about to get married, Rumble, of course I'm that nervous." Lightning responded

Rumble put his foreleg around his friends body and said, "Everything will be fine, Lightning, I'm sure you and Scoots will be happy together, you wouldn't be getting married if you didn't think that."

"You haven't seen Scootaloo angry," Lightning replied "I'd rather battle Nightmare Moon than deal with an angry Scootaloo."

Both stallions shared a laugh as another knock on the door was heard. Rumble went over and opened the door and saw a familiar face.

"Hi, Ms. Fluttershy" he said kindly as Lightning's ears perked up upon hearing his mothers name.

"Hi, Rumble, may I come in?" the mare asked sweetly.

Rumble nodded and allowed the mother of the groom to enter. He then went outside to give the mother and son some privacy.

Fluttershy looked at her sharply dressed son and already felt tears of happiness form in her eyes.

"Oh, Lightning, you look so handsome." She was barely able to say as tried not to cry in front of her son.

"Thanks, Mom." Lightning said softly as he tried to calm his nerves "I wish I could see what Scootaloo looked like."

Fluttershy giggled and said, "You know it's bad luck to see the bride on your wedding day."

Lightning gave small chuckle as Fluttershy waved her hoof in front of her face.

"Oh, goodness it's hot in here." She said trying to make small talk as well as avoid crying.

Lightning could see his mother trying to resist bursting into tears and finally wrapped a foreleg around her in a loving embrace. Fluttershy finally broke down and began crying as her son held her.

"Oh, Lightning," She sobbed happily "I'm so proud of you."

Lightning felt a small tear roll down his cheek as he gently stroked Fluttershy's back

"Thanks, Mom." He said softly as she continued to cry.

Fluttershy finally looked her son in the eyes and saw more tears running down his face. She used her hoof to gently brush the tears away as she began speaking to him in her sweet and caring tone of voice."

"Oh, Lightning, where did the time go? When did you grow up so fast? It seems like it was just yesterday that I held you in my hooves and sang a lullaby to help you sleep. Now here we are twenty years later and I'm watching my little colt get married. It's been hard for me to watch my little colt grow up so fast."

Lightning shook his head and smiled at his mother before speaking.

"Mom, listen to me, no matter how old I become I will always be your little colt, and you will always be my mother." Lightning then felt more tears roll down his face as he began to think about something bad happening to Fluttershy.

"I don't know what I would do if something happened to you."

Fluttershy immediately hugged her son once more to comfort him.

"Sweetheart, please don't talk like that." She said sweetly as she lifted her son's chin with her hoof to look him in the eyes with a loving smile on her face.

"This is a happy day." she said softly and gently.

Fluttershy gave her son a gentle kiss on the cheek leaving the room to get ready for the ceremony. Rumble then entered the room and put his foreleg around Lightning once more.

"It's time to go, Lightning, are you ready?" he asked the groom.

Lightning let out a shaky sigh and nodded his head.

"Okay, let's go." Rumble said with a smile on his face

With nothing left to be said, both Lightning and Rumble went to the wedding chapel in the throne room. When they entered the room, Lightning saw his Auntie Twilight standing at the alter as she was going to be the one to wed him and Scootaloo. On both her left and right side were Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. Lightning also saw Spike holding two necklaces ready to present them when the time came. Lightning and Rumble slowly walked down the aisle as everyone looked at Lightning with a smile on their faces. Lightning softly smiled and looked around at all the familiar faces. He saw Applebloom and Sweetie Belle sitting in the front aisles with their respective families. He saw a teary eyed Cheerilee in one of the aisles wiping her eye's as she watched her former student approach the alter and sitting next to her using a tissue of her own was Silver Spoon. When he arrived at the alter, Lightning turned around looked at the crowd. He then saw his three of his aunts sitting on a bench together with tears in they're eyes as well as Fluttershy who was already crying.

The crowd became silent as Rumble stood behind Lightning. A familiar song began to play as the crowd turned their heads to see the double doors open and reveal Lightning's beautiful bride. Scootaloo began to slowly walk down the aisle as the crown looked at her in amazement. She wore a long white dress with a beautiful wave like design at the bottom. She wore a white veil but under it and around her head was a headband made of white flowers. Scootaloo herself had a smile on her face, as her made of honor, who was none other than Rainbow Dash, walked beside her down the aisle. Lightning stared in amazement as his bride came closer and closer until she was finally by his side.

Lightning smiled at his blushing bride as she did the same.

"You look beautiful" he whispered to Scootaloo

"You don't look so bad yourself" Scootaloo replied

The two smiled at each other for one more minute before looking back at Twilight who began to speak.

"Mares and gentlecolts, we are gathered here today to celebrate the union of two very special ponies, Lightning Twister and Scootaloo. Both of these two young ponies have been through so much together and their love for each other is undeniable. At this time the bride and groom will now say they're vows."

Lightning took his brides hoof and let out a sigh before saying his vow.

"Scootaloo since the day we met, you have always been by my side. When I first looked at you, I had no idea that I was looking into the beautiful eyes of my future bride. We've been through a lot together some were good times and some were bad, but no matter what happened you were always by my side. Now, you and I stay stand here hoof and hoof ready to start a new life together. Scootaloo, I vow that I will always be by your side just like you've always been by mine, I love you."

Tears flowed down Scootaloo's cheeks as she mouthed the words, "I love you too"

After a moment she began to say her vow.

"Lightning, when I first met you, I knew that there was something special about you. But what I didn't know was that meeting you was going to be the greatest thing that ever happened to me. I didn't think I was ever going to find love, but standing here looking at you, I can finally say with nothing but the honest truth that I have found love and it's with you. You are my light in the darkness and the wind beneath my wings. I vow that I will always love you, I want to be with you until the end of time, I love you and I will always love you."

The crowd awwed at the vows as Twilight took a second to regain her composure. Once she did she began to speak once more.

"Do you, Lightning Twister, take Scootaloo to be your lawfully wedded wife, to love and cherish, in sickness and in health, for better or worse, till death do you part, so long as you both shall live?"

Lightning softly smiled at his bride.

"I do"

Fluttershy smiled happily as she used a tissue given to her by Rarity to wipe away her flowing tears.

Twilight then looked at Scootaloo and then began to speak to her while Scootaloo never took her eyes of the groom.

"And do you, Scootaloo, take Lightning Twister, to be your Lawfully wedded husband, to love and cherish, in sickness and in health, for better or worse, till death do you part, so long as you both shall live?"

Rainbow Dash cried as Scootaloo looked lovingly into Lightning's eyes.

"I do"

Twilight then looked at Spike and nodded her head. The young dragon came forward and presented the two necklaces. Twilight used her magic and placed one of the necklaces in Lightning's hoof and the other in Scootaloo's hoof.

"These two necklaces are the symbol of the love and unity between these two young ponies." Twilight said

Lightning took his necklace and placed it around Scootaloo's neck, and Scootaloo then took hers and placed it around Lightning's neck.

Twilight then smiled and said the words that both Lightning and Scootaloo both longed to hear.

"I now pronounce you, husband and wife. Lightning, you may kiss the bride."

The second those words left Twilight's mouth, Lightning brought Scootaloo into a deep passionate kiss as the audience cheered for the newlywed couple. The kiss went on for what felt like an hour until the two finally broke the kiss and looked at each other with tears in their eyes.

The cheers from the audience continued but neither Lightning or Scootaloo could hear them as they continued to hold each others hooves and smiled.

"I love you Lightning Twister." Scootaloo said softly

"I love you too, Scootaloo, and I always will." Lightning replied as Scootaloo pulled her new husband into another kiss.

The two were ready to start they're new life together.

Author's Note:

I hope you all enjoyed reading this story. I would like to thank everyone that helped with this story, I can't thank you all enough. I would like to give a special thanks to, The Irish Pony for her amazing cover art. Also a special thanks to, Matt11, Equestrian Clock, and Moonstar14 for all of their great ideas. Finally, my last thanks goes to my good friend, APoeticHeart, who has given me the most support throughout the series. Thanks again to everyone who helped me with this story.

I'll see you all next story. :twilightsmile:

Comments ( 17 )

Oh, shoot. I need to get on finishing A Mother's Love 2

maybe another story with a foal on the way? :trollestia:
and are still living in ponyville?

Aww cute and i like the cover art for this story

Aww one of the best weddings that weren't boring for an hour. (No offence big wedding people!):twilightblush: I honestly thought you were going to use the other pic for the cover and the kissing scene in the story. But it's okay I'm not complaining.:raritywink: and good job!
http://nachapaillinigaeilge.deviantart.com/art/Scootaloo-and-Lightning-Twister-432126371

3913387 GunsNRoses365 said it is going to be doing a final story of this series and it will be an adoption short story on the blog named A Mini Series

Now get busy.:trollestia:

Good job you evin got me to cry :fluttercry: *claps hands*

Again with the feels... you magnificent person, you.

And there go my feels

The feels. They hurt.:rainbowkiss::fluttercry:

Dont forget i was one of the supporters!:scootangel:

Dude you are the feels master. How on equis do you do it.

The feels are strong in this one...:fluttercry:

Login or register to comment